[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any suggestions for a decent photo printer w/o blowing my wallet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 81DxsvvgTbL._SL1500_.jpg (181KB, 1500x885px) Image search: [Google]
81DxsvvgTbL._SL1500_.jpg
181KB, 1500x885px
Any suggestions for a decent photo printer w/o blowing my wallet out
Was looking at the Canon ip8720 any other suggestions around the same price range
>>
what print sizes do you want?
how much printing do you do / want to do?
>>
>>3148676
Pretty regular printing but nothing crazy maybe up to 50 a month or so depending on what I can get done in the month and up to 13x19 pictures
>>
>>3148671
kinda wondering the same thing but it seems like i could pay a company to do my printing for a long time before i spend the cost of a real good printer.
>>
>>3148691
The convenience sounds nice of not having to go out every time I need it done as long as I can get good quality
>>
>>3148696
sure but unless you have deep pockets you'll still have to be judicious with what you print or you're going to pay out the ass for ink cartridges.
>>
File: DSC06181.jpg (244KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06181.jpg
244KB, 1200x800px
>>3148682
>50 a month or so
>13x19 pictures
ok that is enough that you could be looking at a pretty good printer. the canon or epson equivalent will do. the thing you will have to decide is do you want to save some money now and spend it down the road or vice versa.

if you spend the money now on something like an epson p800 you will be paying a lot less a print than you will with the ip8720. 50 13x19s a month with the ip8720 will put you over initial price of the p800 in about a year.

Epson though is kinda shitty and only give you 60ml inks not the 80ml with the printer and it uses about 5-10 ml to fill the lines. so you will need to get most of a set in under a year so factor another $4-500 on ink within the year.
at about 50 prints a month the printers will cost about the same in about a year and a half, after that the lower cost per print will make the p800 cheaper and cheaper than the ip8720.

if you are partial to canon I believe the Pro-1000 is comparable to the p800

I am in no way schilling epson and have plenty of gripes with the printer mostly the cost of ink and customer support, I just don't have experience with the pro-1000.
pic is my printer, yea it's dusty

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareILCE-6000 v1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2017:09:10 21:42:15
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Brightness-4.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3148835
Thank you for the advice really appreciate it
>>
>>3148835
>Epson though is kinda shitty and only give you 60ml inks not the 80ml with the printer and it uses about 5-10 ml to fill the lines. so you will need to get most of a set in under a year so factor another $4-500 on ink within the year.

What he said. Just to add, Epson P800 requires you to change between mat ink and glossy ink so keep that in mind if you are regularly switching paper types you'll be churning through a lot of black ink.
The P800 and the Pro1000 both use pigment instead of dye. You'll have better longevity and colour stability with those too, but I'd recommend whatever printer you do rely on, get the paper types you use calibrated for your printer.

The only bonus to Canon is the dedicated print extension for photoshop. I've been using it with my IPF6400 and it's a lot better than the old method of File>Print and get lost.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.