[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /p/. Never posed on this board before, hope it's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: b49[1].jpg (36KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49[1].jpg
36KB, 680x680px
Hello /p/. Never posed on this board before, hope it's the right place for this kind of question.

Recently purchased a Sony FDR-AXP35 Camcorder. Took videos with it. Saved them on the internal memory. Plugged it into my computer. Tried to copy videos to PC. File copying froze. Hot disconnected camcorder from PC. Now all the video I took are gone.

First question; how the fuck do I recover the files? All the software I've tried using refuses to acknowledge the camcorder storage in the file explorer, and I have no idea what to do.

Second question; can you please recommend a make and model of camcorder that does not have such an absolutely bullshit finnicky, temperamental, sensitive file transfer protocol, and can actually be plugged in and out of a PC like a normal 21st century storage medium?
>>
>>3143841
taking out the sd card to transfer is both safer and faster.
>>
>>3143841
you never unplug your shit during a transfer. that's your own stupid fault. its not the camcorder, it's your stupid ass thinking things work a certain way when they don't. next you're gonna say you've done it tons of times before and then i'll tell you that all the times you've done it you haven't unplugged your media halfway into a transfer. chances are if it froze, its either:
A) the cable you used to plug your camcorder to the computer
B) it was not tightly secured on either end
C) the hardware on either device was damaged due to any number of reasons which caused a jerk in the connectivity which threw the file transfer into that frozen state. if you wanna do video don't listen to all the fags that are gonna recommend sony alpha whatever the fuck stills cameras that have 4k eat my ass resolution. no one gives a fuck about that. get yourself a panasonic hc-w580. look up reviews or whatever. for the price, it is amazing and you won't be disappointed. it has an SD card slot so you won't have to use a cable for file transfer and eliminate another disaster from happening.
>>
>>3143843

Yes, well I've learned that the hard way. I'll never, ever use internal memory on a device again.
>>
>>3143845

No, I've never done it before. I don't understand what the advantage of MTP is over mass storage and why companies would use it. Is it just a Sony thing or what? Why can't I unplug during transfer? And I'm guessing there is no way to retrieve the files? None of the programs I've used seem to be able to view MTP based storage.
>>
Well, I've tried virtually every file recovery program under the sun with no luck. MTP is a fucking joke.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.