[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys. I'm trying black and white. what do you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Banco no estuario.jpg (549KB, 999x691px) Image search: [Google]
Banco no estuario.jpg
549KB, 999x691px
hey guys.
I'm trying black and white.
what do you think?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makegoogle
Camera ModelNexus S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2560
Image Height1920
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:10:31 00:18:18
Exposure Time1/907 sec
F-Numberf/2.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.43 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width999
Image Height691
>>
Background could be darker so that the subject (the dock + bench) stands out more.

Black & white is about big ol' chunks of contrasting tones.
>>
>>2694988
Protip: if you shot it in color and it wouldn't be an interesting picture, you're using B&W as an artistic crutch
>>
>>2695001
Thanks, I'll trying something later. Maybe blur it too..

>>2695005
I've read about B&W, it's a great way to focus in simple things, as forms and light.
>>
>>2695005

It's actually the reverse that's true, and why monochrome makes you a better photographer.
>>
>>2695005
>an artistic crutch
Look how fucking cucked you are by internet hobbyists. Smh.

Shoot B&W when the colors don't help the image. Shoot color when the colors improve the image.

If you think B&W is only used by people when the colors are bad, then you fundamentally an idiot.
It's one thing to shoot primarily color as a documentary-style shooter, but if the goal is art, then you should be excluding bad elements- including bad color.
>>
>>2695016
I meant that people often use B&W in order to make an image that is inherently uninteresting 'interesting'.

If the composition is shit and the lighting is fucked, and you switch to B&W and go "ah all better" then there are other issues.

But I agree with your points, probably could have made my original post a bit clearer
>>
>>2695019
>I meant that people often use B&W in order to make an image that is inherently uninteresting 'interesting'.
No, you meant "I want to say something to put you down OP because I feel bad and you should too"

>If the composition is shit and the lighting is fucked, and you switch to B&W and go "ah all better" then there are other issues.
No, that's what faggots like yourself do, which is why you project it off onto others.

>But I agree with your points, probably could have made my original post a bit clearer
While I think you're a little bitch for not owning up to your shitposting, at least you're learning.
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (9KB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
9KB, 219x186px
>>2695020
Nice
>>
File: Banco no estuario-darken.jpg (555KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
Banco no estuario-darken.jpg
555KB, 1024x709px
I've tried to darken the background.
this is better now?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makegoogle
Camera ModelNexus S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2560
Image Height1920
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:10:31 16:33:48
Exposure Time1/907 sec
F-Numberf/2.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.43 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1024
Image Height709
>>
>>2695244
Dammit you darkened the site's background, too.
>>
>>2695005
>>2695019

You're basically talking backhanded nonsense. A shit photo is a shit photo, that doesn't matter if it's B&W or not. Contrary to what you may think or do, most people don't make their photos B&W to mask colors, they do it to impart a mood or because the colors are distracting. Nobody ever said you needed to shoot in color. You just think you do because your camera came out the box that way.
>>
>>2695244
No it doesn't make any sense to darken the background that much.
>>
>>2694988
I don't know if this is the original picture, but the resolution seems lowered as fuck. Looks like it was taken with a shitty basic digital camera desu.
The b&w itself doesn't bring anything cause you there's a confusion about the subject....is it the bench? is it the river?
You should have tried other angles, and avoid that thing on the left side. Also maybe from a lower point of view.
>>
>>2695501
this isn't the original size. I've lowered to put it here. Thanks for advice
>>
File: 1446251083457.jpg (302KB, 999x691px) Image search: [Google]
1446251083457.jpg
302KB, 999x691px
http://www.stockyourphoto.com/downloads/bench-on-dock-looking-over-the-rivers/
>>
>>2695650
WTF is that?
how can i report that? the photo was taken by my, i have all the docs to prove it if necessary
>>
dunno, but their making a fortune of this photo!
>>
>>2695674
hahaha right. best photo ever
>>
>>2695650

more red flags from that site than you can fucking imagine dessuuuuuuuu
>>
>>2695663
ha...hey if people can make money out of this shit photo, you got a future. You just have to be the first to sell it lol
>>
>>2695663
>http://www.stockyourphoto.com

haha U Just Got Keked!(tm)
>>
grey/10
I may look like a kid but to BW is black and white, i don't like flat images
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.