[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kenrockwell. com /tech/ everything-sucks. htm# plastic omg lmao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

kenrockwell. com /tech/ everything-sucks. htm# plastic

omg lmao

>Blue-Ray, a format so bad that even it's promoters can't spell it properly, is horrible.
>Blue-Ray take a half hour to read my disk. What is it reading? It's a disc, not a book
>Remember when you could pick up a phone and understand the person at the other end?
>Remember when you could get different music and different shows on different stations?
>More expensive cars make it just as impossible to adjust the air conditioning.
>Make a Donation.

Guys, I think he's full on retarded.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerPicasa
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2015:10:29 20:19:55
Image Width522
Image Height713
Unique Image ID6cc23ca3848470f1bbe0735c6e702782
>>
Ken's a genius at bringing the Dunning-Kruger Effect out in hobbyist forum photographers, actually.

Just absolutely brilliant at it. It's been going on for more than a decade now, and you people still bite his hooks.
>>
>>2694619

He's also retarded. He can't operate the A/C in a modern car.
>>
>>2694623
You probably just haven't driven an expensive car before.
Beemer A/C units are indeed way overcomplicated these days. Hyperbole applied and yeah, I'd call it impossible to adjust too.
>>
>>2694624

HOLY FUCK ISi "BEEMER" IS ASSOCIATED WITH BMW MOTORCYCLES

BIMMER IS THE AUTOMOBILE HOLY SHIT CAN YOU GET ANYTHING RIGHT?
>>
Ken convinced me to buy a wide angle lens that I regret buying. He said, this is as good as the most expensive, while also saying how the expensive one isn't worth it, and to not buy from a third party brand. Needless to say, I bought that lens, only to later see a Tamron one I think it was, that cost the same as the one I purchased but was far superior to the name brand one and the most expensive one. I can't even get a refund because Nikon has a shitty refund policy, and so I would have to take a loss selling this lens.
>>
>>2694619
>>2694624

He's also retarded, he can't spell Blu-ray.

He's also retarded, he can't understand people on the phone

He's also retarded, he doesn't know how to use a radio.

Lmao, we can go all day, Ken.
>>
>>2694628
>He's also retarded, he can't understand people on the phone
Looks like you're the retard, faggot. That's called deafness.
>>
>>2694631
>Digital cell phones use the same data-reduction technology to cram 10,000 phone calls into the same channel that used to hold just one call. The results? Voices sound like garbled gibberish.
>This is done to keep you signing new contracts when you buy new free phones, which insures that you can never break free from the wireless company.

Well, Ken, you sure didn't mention anything about deafness when you wrote this. Hey Ken, you do know you have a website full of retard info I can just go randomly pull more out of, right? I hope so, because I'm not going to reply with much more greentext. I gotta sleep to.

Also, consider donating.
>>
>>2694614
>"the only reason to have a telephoto is becuase you're not good enough to get close. I'd shoot nascar with a 70-200."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwBrC3goWwg
>>
>>2694631
Retarded - less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

note "less advanced in physical development", which would constitute deafness.

So yeah, if you're deaf, you're retarded.

Unlucky Isi.
>>
>>2694619
Well ... you know, first: referring to a study which got the researchers the ignoble price, isn't THAT wise.

Furthermore, by definition of that "study", it would absolutely fit for ken. Overrated incompetence, which he even cannot notice. He surely isn't aware of his ignorance.
Saying he would pretend being like this and on purpose, is possile - I have to admit that - but very unlikely. One get kind of a smell for people being really stupid and people pretending it, and that is irony. Every pretender cannont resist to hide statements here and there, which allows just as like intelligent people to see through the mask.
Nobody is farer away from this than Mr. Support-my-growing-Family.
>>
>>2694619
>He's a massive attention whore

Gee, I wonder why isi would assume that?
>>
plz donate - muh family
>>
>>2694720
What are you quoting?
>>
>>2694717
>Overrated incompetence, which he even cannot notice. He surely isn't aware of his ignorance.
You're describing yourself. You take him seriously, lmao.

Ken's site is just an archive for technical data like lens filter sizes and weights. That's it. Everything else is just Ken telling gearfags what they want to hear on what they think they want, tongue-in-cheek style.

Well, not everything...
http://kenrockwell.com/ri/WhereDoBabiesComeFrom.htm

Don't worry, newfaggots. You're not the first batch of freshie fotogs to not get his gaffe. This is what makes him legendary. :~)
>>
>>2694614
>>Remember when you could pick up a phone and understand the person at the other end?

This has baffled me.

Why do cellphones in 2015 have WORSE audio quality than cellphones in 2000?
>>
>>2694779
Codecs and the jump to digital

It's also why you flat out can't make calls with marginal signal instead of having a bunch of noise over the call.
>>
>>2694780
I think it's also the quality of the microphone and speakers.

Basic things nobody even considers when they shop for a new phone.
>>
>>2694790
Moreso mics than speakers, but the biggest two culprits are digital signals and the kind of codecs they use to encode them.

I want to say the codec is just something like 13 kbps with highs and lows strongly clipped. It doesn't matter what you're putting through that, it's going to sound like ass.
>>
File: 1.jpg (113KB, 949x530px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
113KB, 949x530px
>>2694779
>>2694780
>>2694790
It's not just a matter of quality, it's also about whether you can connect at all. We had a documentary on national tv about this. It's because they continuously make the antennas weaker and weaker for each generation, iphone 4 being bad, 5 being even worse, and 6 now worse than ever. The biggest culprits being Apple and Nokia.

At this point, they should call them Cityphones or something instead of smartphones. Because this type thing only works in cities with strong signals.

Out in the country side, there have been numerous reports of smartphones not being able to call in emergencies, not being able to work unless you stand on the roof of the tallest building nearby, etc.
Curiously enough, they did some tests in those problematic areas where 10 year old Dumbphones with old antennas worked perfectly.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.0.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>2694799
I can confirm that.
Smartphones regularly can't do shit down here. Lots of people still carry a second phone, usually a SouthernLinc Motorola or something similar to cover the service gaps.
>>
>>2694799
And you're back now to the jump from analogue to digital.

Analogue signal can propagate further with less attenuation (lower frequency bands because the need for signal density is less). As I mentioned above, you've a much lower threshold as well before it becomes unusable (in digital, you either get a transmitted datum or you don't, with analogue, you can get enough of the datum's signal to figure out what it is on the reception side that would be below the digital "don't get it" threshold).

And nope, I'm not doubting antenna strength being a factor as well, but just saying that digital broadcasting systems have definite weaknesses compared to analogue systems. That said, you can send stupid amounts more data over a digital system than an analogue system given the same restrictions, so it's a tradeoff.

Also remember that cell phone companies only have so much spectrum. Voice used to be handled entirely separately from data (and still kind of are), but now voice is mainly handled the same as data -- they have to clip and compress information to meet demand.
>>
>>2694799
Any reason behind this trend besides potentially cost and battery drain?
>>
>>2694805
The documentary asked the consumers about how they would like a mandatory grading system, and the consumer would like it, then they asked the retailer chains, and the retailer chains would like something like that too, then they asked the politicians, one of them working in the EU parliament had been fighting for in for years, but never got anywhere. And then they asked apple, and was refused an interview.

So, it's definitely a resistance from the phone makers themselves. As to why, no one probably knows. The experts the documentary talked to claimed it would only cost maybe 1-2 dollar more per phone to install stronger antennas that would nullify the issues.
>>
>>2694772
Keep dreaming, tripfag. You just want to believe that he's some sort of post-irony-level troll. Classic example of mistaking idiocy for genius.
>>
>>2694627
which lenses are you talking about
>>
>>2694805
Probably related to keeping the phone pretty, thin, and in metal casing
>>
>>2694804
>I'm not doubting antenna strength being a factor as well
That's a good idea to do. Because there were some smartphones that did decently well on their antenna tests, compared to the bottom ones.
>>
>>2694812
Someone doesn't know about the secret pages on his site.
>>
>>2694812
I know it's hard to believe this day and age, but sometimes, you aren't in on the joke, while other people might be. You aren't the main character of this story. KR is pretty obsessed with gear, and is also a pretty funny troll. It's not really even a theory or opinion at this point. His shit is hilarious if you step back and look at it as if he's trying to see how much he can get away with without getting straight up called out on it.
>>
>>2694821
>KR is pretty obsessed with gear
Nah, what he's pretty obsessed with is getting paid. Gearfagging is natural to him because of his education and helps him get paid.
>>
>>2694614
>>More expensive cars make it just as impossible to adjust the air conditioning.
This is actually fucking true, mom + pops recently upgraded their toyota to a newer version with some kind of deal, the airco is literally unusuable with all its digishit buttons, you can't even see what it's currently set at.
>>
>>2694772
you derivate from a lame homunculus gag, that ... oh, fuck it. idiots everywhere. believe what you want.
>>
This thread is gold
>>
>>2694824
http://kenrockwell.com/canon/comparisons/sl1-vs-5d-mk-iii/

dude pretty much says gear doesn't matter in most cases
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.