[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /p/, what do you think? Watermark your pictures yes or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_1521.jpg (597KB, 4807x3184px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1521.jpg
597KB, 4807x3184px
Alright /p/, what do you think?
Watermark your pictures yes or no and why?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D5100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern752
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:10:24 15:15:33
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2690913
yes

technically it's not the most original kind of way to shoot moderns ruin but it work well and i like how set back we are onto the corridor.

but don't expect every other anons to like it.

i just happen to do
>>
>>2691016
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
>>
>>2691017
das exactly it, mane
>>
I only ever watermark my photos whenever i do professional jobs, like paid portraits or weddings, its free advertising.

usually i downsize the finished photo and then watermark it, and post it to facebook then put the unwatermarked, high-res photos on a disc for the client
>>
>>2690913
Only if you're taking a pic someone asked (payed) you to.
>>
It's pretentious and looks ridiculous.

The same scenario plays out regardless of whether or not you place a watermark:

>"Oh Bob, nice photos of your family, who took those?"
>"Anon did, he's a great photographer"
>"Thanks, I think I'll message him"

>"Oh Bob, those photos are great. I see the watermark in the photo, would you recommend Anon for photographic my event?"
>"Ya, he's great"
>"Does he take the watermark out for you?"
>"Ya, always"
>"Thanks"

It's the same regardless. If people want your photos, they'll ask.
>>
>>2691335

I completely agree. Even more absurd on Instagram. Like someone is going to steal your 100x100 pixel shit for marketing purposes and your watermark is going to stop them?
>>
idk but DEFINITELY watermark your professional work before they have paid for it
>>
Take a look at any famous photograph. Notice a single watermark? there's your answer.
>>
>>2693976
also, if you feel you can't make enough money after your previous work is stolen you aren't going to survive the winter.
>>
File: copyright.jpg (2MB, 4807x3184px) Image search: [Google]
copyright.jpg
2MB, 4807x3184px
Yeah watermarks are a no go for me. I know this one girl who does video and will take casual photos for her "production company" which technically doesn't even exist and she'll just fuckin plaster a huge COPYRIGHT MY PRODUCTION COMPANY 2015 right across the photo, obstructing most of the view of even seeing what the photo even is. She doesn't even do photography professionally, yet still plasters that shit for behind the scenes photos of snapshits.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D5100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern858
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4807
Image Height3184
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:10:28 19:48:19
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4807
Image Height3184
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2691653
Didn't someone just make a shitload selling images he downloaded from Instagram?
>>
I put a watermark on everything I post on facebook, twitter & tumbler, because I know it's going to get shared.

I don't do it for security, it's only for marketing, I want people to see who created the image.

Anything I post on my main website, flickr or 500px, no watermark.
>>
>>2694043
are you me? i do literally everything you just said
>>
>>2694054
I dunno, are you happy and handsome?

But seriously, I think it's the only way to do it. I can't tell you the number of times I've been on tumblr or facebook, seen an image that somebody has shared and thought, Man, I wish I knew who took that.

A simple, no-nonsense watermark would have driven me straight to your site.
>>
>>2690913
>Watermark your pictures yes or no and why?
If you're trying to sell a single photo taken in the past, yes.

If you're selling yourself as a photographer, to be hired for your skills and style, no.
>>
>>2694040
He screencapped which is part of how he got away with it.

Dudes thing is being an IRL troll anyway.
>>
>>2694267
this, and almost all of my clients are white soccer moms paying to have their kid's portraits done, so im also pretty sure the watermark give them the "ohh he must be a professional" thought when they look at the finished photo.

this also applies to wedding photography, i mean, good god, my last job was like $2300, no one seems to know that wedding photography is almost more overpriced than diamonds
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.