[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I want to get into photography but i dont exactly live in the safest of areas and im not trying to be a major professional but i still want good quality

what are some good cameras i can consider that dont scream "please rob me and steal everything i own"?

im looking at about a $300-$400 price range
>>
>>2681035
gear thread
>>
$3-400 that doesn't scream "Rob me and everything I own"?

Ruger LCR.
>>
>>2681045
do this

but to save the hassle get a compact like the ricoh gr
it looks like a dumpy compact from the 90's
black and discrete and pocketable

sage
>>
File: _MG_2618.jpg (176KB, 933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_2618.jpg
176KB, 933x1400px
>>2681035
Dumb robber won't really recognize that your dslr is cheap one, not professional. I think every proper camera will look appealing.

But i think i have some kind of solution for this problem: this is example photo i've took with cheap ass used canon 350d that i bought for something like $90. Quality is alright, it's full-blown DSLR with all functions i need, and i don't really feel any fear of losing it because it's so fucking cheap. So, consider buying old, old and just give it away if situation demands it.

Although i'm amateur. Maybe i just have different needs, maybe in fact my camera sucks terribly but i just don't see it because of my lack of experience. Still, i'm glad that i'll be able to take this camera on festivals or anywhere else because i simly don't give a fuck about it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 350D DIGITAL
Lens Size18.00 - 55.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware 1.0.3
Owner Nameunknown
Serial Number1230772069
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:10:07 16:32:26
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length39.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width933
Image Height1400
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessNormal
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeAI Servo
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Camera Actuations948568122
Color Matrix0
>>
Shoot 35mm film with an old rangefinder or a smaller slr like a Nikon FG, I got mine for ~100 with a 50mm 1.8 lens.
>>
DEFINITELY the Panasonic GM1. Its dirt cheap in Japan at the moment like many other mirorless cameras here, and the great thing about it is the super compact size. Alternatively for around the same price you could get an Olympus E-PL6 but since the GM1 is smaller and has a better kit lens I would opt for that.

A big bonus as well is the silent shutter mode which would be great for street photog. I linked you to the cheapest ebay store for a new one including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252114358083
>>
>>2681035

If you can't even tell, what makes you think a robber will be able to?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>2681035
Wow, this photo is popular on Internet!

Also, a micro 4/3 lolipuss, RICOH GR! or canon eos M.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:10:07 18:28:26
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1080
>>
>>2681035
>cameras i can consider that dont scream "please rob me and steal everything i own"?

>$300-$400 price range

Nobody is going to be interested in a <$2k setup.
>>
>>2681160
Literally wrong, robbers don't give a fuck if you have a 1DX or a Rabal. It probably looks the same to them. They don't go "nah, that's only a few hundred dollars"
>>
>>2681166
This.

Also, many don't even fuck with cameras any more (most pawn shops won't take them and your average thief isn't putting shit on the likes of ebay or cl to sell).
>>
Nikon D3200.
>>
>>2681143
panasonic and sony japan have japanese only menu.
>>
>>2681236
False, you can change them to english, chinese and I believe Korean in the menu.

Really not that fucking hard to do and it's worth it if it means getting a camera for $150 less
>>
>>2681168
Some do though. My cousin who works in the DK was hit on the head and had her gear stolen. She was shooting a band at a club after midnight and was heading home.

Doesnt matter if thieves think they can sell it, if they think they can get away with it theyll take it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.