[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trail horse camping is this a thing? I haven't heard of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 0000.00_jpg_srz.jpg (363KB, 859x573px) Image search: [Google]
0000.00_jpg_srz.jpg
363KB, 859x573px
trail horse camping
is this a thing? I haven't heard of it at all. basically what I'm thinking is taking a trail horse with some basic camping supplies and riding the horse out in the wilderness and at night tying it up to a tree or something. is this something people can do? I really like the idea but I'm not sure if it's plausible
>>
>>22513
Sure is something you can do. Do it somewhere that you're allowed to though. In Australia there are a number of routes in the Alpine National Park that are fine, and many that are off limits.

Horses can have a serious degrading effect on the environment so keep to the trails and where you're allowed to be.
>>
>>22513
I went when I was a kid, although it wasn't like that. We'd come back to the same campsite every night after trail riding all day.

You couldn't travel solo with a horse for more than a day or so without an extra animal just to carry feed. They eat a lot more than you do.

You're not going to find anyplace "off the map" that you can take a horse, either. So that usually means you're stuck with normie campgrounds and trails that you're not allowed to sleep on.
>>
people in california do it all the time. sierra nevada has pack trails all over it.
>>
>>22516
Mule trains are back-country cancer
>>
>>22513
Yes it's a thing. Pack trains fuck up the trails pretty badly though...
>>
I was just about to make the same thread. I've seen it done in a National Forest, no clue about the legality of it. It would be so cool to go straight up 19th century for a week.
>>
>>22519
It's legal on USFS and BLM land, but some high-traffic areas may have limits on group size or grazing to prevent damage from overuse.
>>
>>22520
This was a pretty sensitive wilderness area. I wouldn't have taken horses in regardless of whether it was allowed.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.