[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When camping in god knows where, how do you prevent from being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 20170331_224943.jpg (765KB, 701x1055px) Image search: [Google]
20170331_224943.jpg
765KB, 701x1055px
When camping in god knows where, how do you prevent from being raped, murdered, eaten (not necassarily in that order).

Camping just seems like you're asking for it.
>>
>>22442
Walk softly, and carry a big stick.
>>
>>22442
Simple. Go where there's fuck all else.
>>
>>22442
There's no one middle nowhere. Sometimes you get the chills tho
>>
>>22442
Guns. Lots of guns. If anyone is getting ate, raped, or killed I'll be doing the deciding who.
>>
Car camping in Walmart parking lots in some rural meth town I just lock my car and keep a knife next to me, never had any issues really, but I can see how it could get sketchy. Out in the woods though I usually feel safer. Animals aren't looking to attack you. I've had bears sniff around my tent and while it is scary, it's not that dangerous if you keep a cool head. I like to have some bear spray next to me just in case though.
>>
>>22442
If you are more than a days walk from the trailhead, your likelihood of being a victim of violent crime drops dramatically
Most criminals are too lazy to walk for a day to commit their crimes, that's why they are criminals
>>
>>22447
Sleeping in your car in a Wal-Mart parking lot is not "car camping".
>>
this thread is fake news. SAD!!
>>
>>22449

Good to know..
>>
>>22442

Why you bring a Machete
>>
File: 81ZAjP9IvbL._AA1500_-1.jpg (390KB, 1150x1450px) Image search: [Google]
81ZAjP9IvbL._AA1500_-1.jpg
390KB, 1150x1450px
>>22452
I bring Machete 2 actually. Better bartering value.
>>
Try actually going /out/ and not being a FUCKING CARCAMPING NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I carry a pistol and bear spray but honestly I have never had this concern.

In summer when all the fucking Canadians and other filth flock to my region for recreation, I worry a little bit if we're just car camping off a forest service road because you'll have other groups around and they're usually partying to some extent, but even then they mostly mind their own business.

On a trail to nowhere though? Nah. After your first 3 hours you're waaaayyyy outside of what is convenient. Not saying the risk isn't there, hence pistol, but it's negligible. Anyone out there is just trying to do what you're doing...get away from life for a bit.

The only time I would be genuinely a bit worried is I think on the long trails like the PCT or something, but only because they seem like they could be hobo highways. Truthfully I have no experience with those trails though so I could be totally wrong.
>>
Always keep a handgun with you, either a 45acp handgun or a 44 magnum. Anything lower in caliber is dangerous if you live in a state with bears. You could either teach yourself at a gun range or get an instructer to show you how to shoot (more preferable). Remember to always keep your finger off the trigger until you're about to use it.
>>
By raping, murdering and eating people first.
>>
>>22447
aren't bears a meme? unless you're in grizzly territory, why the fuck is a bear going to bother you unless you're covered in peanut butter
>>
>>22449
It sounds like it is
>>
Does anyone have a link to the video where a bear was raping some chicks kayak?
>>
I live in Japan, urban and rural crime is an american past time.
>>
>>22460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5cMZymSr0
>>
>>22462
Women were a mistake
>>
>>22463
Too bad we need them to make more of the good gender.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.