[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urb Ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Planning on checking out this old textile mill in my town. What am I going to need to bring /out?
>>
>>22408
Get a clipboard and a reflection vest.

If you get caught
Say you're doing a survey for an Independent contractor.

Also excuses having a camera. But it won't excuse tools to break in, like crow bars or bolt cutters.

Old buildings often have security trigger alarms, but usually not motion detection.

Find a side hole that homeless people made. Also be prepared to encounter homeless (looking like a construction worker helps here too)
>>
>>22409
Should I be worried about hazardous material?
>>
>>22410
>Asbestos
Enjoy
>>
>>22411
That's what I was thinking, I'll be fine as long as I bring a respirator, right?
>>
>>22408
>come to /out/
>ask about doing something /in/
Sage and back to /b/ namefag
>>
File: 1490657233937.jpg (90KB, 633x707px) Image search: [Google]
1490657233937.jpg
90KB, 633x707px
>>22408
Bolts.
Makarov.
Rubberized fabric suit and gas mask.
Guitar.
>>
>>22412
I reckon you'd be better off learning what asbestos looks like and just avoiding it. I have no idea what sort of filters you'd need and whether skin contact is an issue. Just go carefully. Good lighting would be key to avoiding nastiness, and a proper head torch is the best option for that. A good post of gloves as well. Something tough but that still allows you good dexterity.
>>
>>22412
As long as you don't stir it up you should be fine. Anything that looks like insulation should be avoided, even if it's modern fiberglass it will still be a skin irritant. Ceiling tiles often contained asbestos, a lot of flooring tiles too.
>>
Take a camera

Don't take weapons or entry tools.
>>
>>22415
>I reckon you'd be better off learning what asbestos looks like and just avoiding it.
Once stuff starts falling apart asbestos gets in the dust you kick up and then it's in the air. There's other stuff you don't want to breathe too (eg the dust from dried pigeon and raccoon shit).

>I have no idea what sort of filters you'd need
P100 particulate filters rated for asbestos.
>>
what to bring?
Police scanner
Extra flashlight
Cell phone for when you fall through rotting floor
Phone number of your attorney
>Ive done lead paint and asbestos surveys on huge abandoned industrial buildings. Don't break anything up or pull it off pipes or walls, and you'll be fine. Mesothelioma is from chronic exposure.
>>
Bring Mace. Meth-heads are a common sight.
>>
But suddenly, you're no longer out.
>>
>>22409

Lying to a cop sounds like a great idea. You're tresspassing, they're not gonna be fooled that easy. They're gonna want to see I.D. They're gonna want to see a employee I.D. or paper work to back up what you're claiming.

If its security guard for that place, they would of been told about any people showing up to do any work, they too will want to see papers, or else they're calling the police.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-17-40-53.png (926KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-17-40-53.png
926KB, 1080x1920px
>>22408
Check the fucking catalog next time you giant retard.
>>
File: 0fc.jpg (124KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0fc.jpg
124KB, 1500x1500px
>>22423
>getting this mad on a board that has 5+ knoife threads on any given day
Eat shit & commit sodoku with a mora faggot
>>
>>22422

Plausible back story: you're a site inspector for an insurance company, specifically the property & liability coverages. Vacant properties have to be checked out too, especially with the recent Oakland warehouse fire. An inspector won't need to know much about the specifics of the coverage. But they will need a credible inspection company to pretend to be working for. This will include a phonied-up inspection checklist with company logo, business card, fake supervisor contact, and maybe a polo shirt with logo, gear bag, etc. Camera and camcorder. Fake list of all the properties you have to get to that week. Act in a hurry, and alarmed at the attractive nuisance posed by the property, hobos, broken fences, etc.

Will have to look up the property owner and some of their specifics..."Sir, I'm just doing a site survey. Our inspection contact at Amalgamated Amalgamated Ltd (property owner) is Jane Doe in the risk management department, this is the *second time* the underwriter at Tokyo Marine has scheduled an inspection, if I don't get this back to him then an NOC (notice of cancellation) is going to be issued. I thought for a second you were my contact today...figures they'd forget to set it up again. I'm almost finished here, meanwhile call my boss, he'll back me up."

Only thing I can think of, to possibly flummox security or police so they let you go. With this story they may think you're technically an "invitee" and not a trespasser. Of course if you're risk averse enough to do all this, you probably shouldn't be mucking around in hoboville in the first place.

t.> former property & casualty underwriter, ordered inspection reports on vacant properties
>>
>>22425
With all that it's probably easier to just take the trespassing fine.
>>
>>22423
>you're only allowed one thread on a topic at any given time
Nah fuck off cunt, I'm making another one just to spite you.
>>
>>22408
site looks awesome, make sure to post followup once you've had a look.
>>
>>22425
Did you ever actually do site inspections? Were you ever held up by cops or security? OR are you talking out your ass?
>>
>>22422
I'm not this guy
>>22425

My backup plan was always to say "isn't this address x?" which is not the address to where I am. Say that I called my shift leader that nobody was on site, and she said to get started by myself.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.