[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you consider the absolute essentials when going innawoods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 20933028-origpic-a3f76f.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
20933028-origpic-a3f76f.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
What do you consider the absolute essentials when going innawoods?
>>
File: Batonny Chop Chop Babby.jpg (3MB, 3132x2744px) Image search: [Google]
Batonny Chop Chop Babby.jpg
3MB, 3132x2744px
>>22338
Nothing other than clothing.
>>
File: boodyfull.jpg (61KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
boodyfull.jpg
61KB, 800x500px
-basic tool (blade, perhaps hatchet)
-appropriate clothes (boots, layers, waterproof options, anything that dries quick particularly socks but also outerlayers)
-spending the night? don't skimp on sleeping stuff. don't skimp on sleeping stuff. period. tent, bivvy, hammock, lean-to, a-frame, tarp. you gotta be warm, safe, and get a good night's sleep.
-food: you need 75% essentials and 25% comfies
-water? lug it? filter it? boil it? lifestraw it? idgaf you need water somehow
>>
>>22339
This, jesus christ you dont need a daypack to go on a walk
>>
Camp kit: knife, hatchet, folding saw, matches, bic lighter
Shelter kit: sleeping bag/pad, tent
Food, water
Cookwares
Toiletries

Enjoy being outdoors
>>
>>22338
>>
>>22339
masta
>>
>>22338
I bring my bicycle and bring a backpack with a hoodie and a wool blanket, a knife, 2 pounds of nuts, a fishing pole and a bottle to hold water. I usually ride about 50 miles out into a national forest and go as deep as possible. If the fishing is good I stay for up for a month, if no fish in the streams I find I will stay til my nut sack is empty. Yes forever alone, nobody is willing to camp the way I camp, I build my own shelters and fires etc and bring almost nothing. People don't think it's fun but I do.
>>
Appropriate layers and a water bottle + filter

Knife, torch and lighter I have on me regardless
>>
>>22345
lmao god
>>
>>22338
It totally depends on the environment. Some places provide everything you need without much fuss. Other, you really have to work for it. Blade and fire are essential basic human tools most everywhere. If you're in desert or arctic, you won't last long without either very specialized knowledge and/or gear.
>>
Clothing and water. Everything else is stuff you add dependent upon your needs, but clothing and water will always be essential regardless of what you're doing.
>>
>>22349
Clothing? Really? If clothing is not the same thing as shelter, it's unnecessary. The Three Essential tools of Humanity are fire, blade technology, and language. Everything else is gravy.
>>
>>22345
>nut sack

Lost.
>>
>>22345
That's actually pretty cool
>>
>>22345
Where do ya cop yer nuts friend
>>
>>22350
>Go /out/ in bad weather with no clothes
>die of exposure in a matter of hours
Yeah, nah. Without clothing you'll fucking die. Without a knife or fire you'll survive.
>>
once asked a sere instructor his top 3

poncho, water bottle, good boots
>>
>>22338
In the 1980s, I did extreme ultra light camping for 2 weeks at a time. Brought just stuff that fits in a 35mm film canister, the stuff I'm wearing and a towel, a rubber glove and some oil. The only metal I had was inside the canister, razor blades, needles, and fish hooks. 1st off the freedom is absolutely amazing. You can sleep literally everywhere anywhere you want since you don't need to find a spot just right for angle and size to pitch a tent. Obviously, I don't live in a place where there's a shit load of insect or scorpion problems. The worst I got is a wolf spider running across my face; which is no worse than in my house at times.

I did a ton of foraging, gathering, snaring, and fishing. On each occasion, by the end of the 1st week I had earthenware bowls I fired in makeshift mud kilns. I could heat stones and drop them into the bowls of water to boil the water and make stew/soup. The water I got prior to that for the week was from vegetation (chew, suck juices out, & spit out plant unless I was eating it.) Only after the bowls are made do I drink water I harvest from other sources and extract more oil.

It was a lot of fun. I made shelters, bows & arrows, cordage, and some tanned hides. But, since I was only ever out for 2 weeks I never had to really hustle to harvest, hunt, and preserve food stocks or build a permanent shelter. I could have done that, I mean I'm a farmer and that is kinda what I do as a living, but not needing to do that, knowing that I'll return to a normal home, puts one's mind at ease. Which can detract from the experience. Make no mistake, actually acquiring enough food and preserving it to last months is a monumental task for someone alone in the woods. You literally eat and breath hard work the entire time, no days off.
>>
>>22356
two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkChbEu3hKE

na, i've never camped out more than a day, probably never will. lol
>>
>>22338
how long and how far?
>>
>>22338
Two strong legs and a good stamina. The winds of fate shall determine the rest.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.