[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southern Utah Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: micro.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
micro.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
what does /out/ think of southern Utah in general?
>>
>>21887
It's awful and you should never go there
>>
>>21887
im thinking of moving to Utah.
whats the best place for a newcomer to land and have the easiest time with cost of living
and where its easy to get a job fast?
>>
File: 20160420_081118.jpg (405KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160420_081118.jpg
405KB, 1280x720px
Technically east central Utah, but Desolation Canyon is the shit. Heading there in a few weeks
>>
>>21889
The Salt Lake valley is basically the only place resembling modern civilization in the whole state
>>
>>21889

There's only a few places I can imagine living. I love it here, you've got some great forests up North in the Uintas and the south is essentially a giant playground for adults.

As for living, you have very few choices other than Salt Lake / Utah valleys, that's where I think something to the tune of 98% of the population lives. Plenty of work in the city, camping is 1-6 hours away depending on where you want to go. Just don't be one of those hippies from commiefornia moving here and jacking up the property prices.
>>
>>21887
Going at the end of May. Ill let ya know when I get back.
>>
>>21887
did a stint with ACE out of Hurricane, loved the terrain and being so close to Zion was awesome. Actually did some work hiking up the Virgin river into Zion which was really cool. We were taking out this weird bamboo stuff that is absolute hell to work with and tamarisk (fuck tamarisk)

It gets hot but with it being a dry heat I honestly didn't think it was that bad (I'm from the southeast USA) You can actually escape the heat by getting in the shade. Heck, I didn't even realize sweat was supposed to help you cool down until I moved out there, that's how nice not having a 100% humidity is.

The terrain is beautiful, the sunrises/sunsets are great, tons of trails and places to explore, and in general I liked it. I felt like the only people to hang out with were Mormons or granola munching hippies, but that was more because of my job than anything I'd imagine.

If you're in Hurricane, NEVER go to the restaurant with the Giant brass bulk with a dick. The owner is a major dick and solely exists to rip off tourists and piss off the locals.

Also, treat yourself to Fry Sauce at least once. I know the DQ's carry it. Have fun never being satisfied with plain ketchup ever again.

If I had to move back I'd probably live in St George. That way I have modern amenities but still close to Zion and other parks.
>>
>>21894
You have to get an apartment in St George between June and August while the college kids are home and the old people have fucked off somewhere else. Come Sept 1st rent goes from $500 to $1500 over night.
>>
BritBong here looking to go on a trip to utah, where are the best spots?
>>
File: IMG_20170314_074912992_HDR.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170314_074912992_HDR.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
>>21887
>>
>>21887
i hear they have palm trees in st. george. i find this amusing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.