[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

I am looking at getting a woodgas stove off amazon. This will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

I am looking at getting a woodgas stove off amazon.
This will be for car camping so weight is no problem.
Any suggestions?
Pic related is only 18 bucks but when the english is that bad I am not sure I trust the product.
>>
>>21569
Get the Wild Woodgas stove. I have it and it rocks.
>>
>>21570
How well does it work with a stock pot or large cast iron skillet?
>>
>>21570
How long does it take to boil water for coffee?
Start to finish including starting the fire
>>
>>21572
Not that anon, but if you add a wind guard to just about any type of wood burning camp stove they typically boil water at nearly the same rate. I mean they really need to be poorly designed to lag behind seriously. Use one even if it isn't windy.
>>
>>21569
I bought a solo stove a while back. A year and a half of use, and I suspect that I would have been just as happy with something similar and cheaper.

I no longer use it, because I've been trying to shave off weight from my pack in every way I can. It's nice, and I like that I could potentially use anything burnable as a fuel, but I feel like there are other, more efficient, ways to get the job done (Alcohol stove, isobutane/propane stove).

Seeing as you're doing this by car, might I suggest you try pic related?
>>
>>21574
If you're trying to shave off weight in every way you can just go stoveless.
Eat candy, beef jerky, nuts, granola...if you want some good ol' country boy mashed pataters or oatmeal you can just rehydrate everything cold in a waterproof jar (like a peanut butter jar)
>>
>>21575
I might wind up doing that. I just enjoy hot food a great deal.

Going from a Solo to a titanium variant or a soda can stove+ alcohol would still shave off 8 ounces, but there's no denying its luxury status
>>
>>21576
>>21576
I do not consider hot food a luxury.
>>
Of your car camping why not just get a small propane burner

Much easier and you can still have a campfire for smores n shit
>>
>>21578
Nice to have both. I camp for long periods and sometimes run out of butane
>>
>>21574
What is that?
>>
>>21569
Toaks. That is all
>>
>>21569
I use a jetboil and a thermos. You pour the boiling water in whatever you want to cook and it becomes a pressure cooker and stays hot for hours. And it's small.
>>
>>21582
>it becomes a pressure cooker
I assume you mean slow cooker or crock pot.
To pressure cook you need to get the water above the boiling point for your elevation
>>
>>21583
>Not pressure cooking a turducken for hours as you hike your neighborhood playground
>>
>>21583
Sort of. I mean it does get pressurized in there just not above boiling. So far it's been good for Lentils eggs and noodles
>>
File: ck-cookbook.png (164KB, 1201x930px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ck-cookbook.png
164KB, 1201x930px
>>21584
>turducken
>>
>>21586
/ck/ was once the best board :(
>>
File: YOQ9c2g.jpg (594KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
YOQ9c2g.jpg
594KB, 1600x1200px
>>21587
ikr
>>
>>21588
I remember PHS guy threads, they were amazing. I actually made sure I was on /ck/ around 6 pm or whenever it was he'd post a new one.

/ck/ is pretty shitty as of the last few years, especially with the YouTube "personalities" and the like.
>>
>>21589
I honestly feel its from over moderation as crazy as that sounds.
We had a bunch of activist mods come in that only cared about promoting veganism.
They were pretty sophisticated about how they did it. Very subtle.

I really miss that board, its horrible now.
>>
File: 1456191691235.jpg (303KB, 2100x1441px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456191691235.jpg
303KB, 2100x1441px
>>21588
>>
Well I guess thats about it for discussion of gassifying stoves
This joke sucks
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.