[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ticks!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6217.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6217.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I just found this on me, am i fucked? What could i get?
What are the signs?

I ripped it off like a scab thinking it was a scab, i didnt know it was a fuckin tick,

It was still crawlin around after i ripped it off,
>>
OP the only thing you have is a tick. You'll be fine m8.
>>
You're more than likely fine. Look for the bite area to develop a rash that looks similar to a bullseye. That is a sign of Lyme Disease.

But you're most likely fine. No need to worry too much
>>
>>21527
i know in all honesty im probably over reacting. its my first tick, i don't wanna get Lyme or something, like rocky moutains
>>
Mate you're GOING TO DIE
>>
>>21526
Thinking that all ticks carry lyme is like thinking that all homosexuals carry HIV. It's just media-driven panic to increase viewership.
>>
>>21531
yeah but fags are still disgusting even if only 1/3rd have hiv and 1/2 of black ones do
>>
>>21526
>What could i get?
Depends. Where you're from?
>>
>>21532
Please... Your bait is AIDS.
>>
If you are from Europe, more specifically from Eastern Europe, you could be infected with encephalitis but if you live in the country where that happens you probably already know that.
>>
had tons of them as a kid. you have to find an especially asshole tick to catch something.
>>
>>21536
just remember. you see the bulls eye, you gonna die.
>>
>>21526
You're probably gonna die, m8. Sorry for your luck.
>>
>>21529
>its my first tick
Are you like four or something?
>>
Why isn't there a vaccine again lyme already? Also can we just develop some pesticide that kills only ticks?
>>
I get a dozen ticks per week and where I live (Southern Sween) there is both Lyme and TBE. Vaccinated against neither

Never had an incident. Just check yourself in the shower.

Don't burn or do other stupid hippie shit, just remove it. Using your finger nails is fine
>>
>>21540
>Why isn't there a vaccine again lyme already?
There was one, but it gave people Lyme rather than preventing it.
>>
>>21526
What is that, a lone star tick? Too big to be a deer tick, so you really shouldn't worry about Lymes. Worst you can get is rocky mountain spotted fever but that's incredibly rare.
>>
>lone star tick
Enjoy that meat allergy
>>
>>21539
Not that dude but not all of us live in faggot areas with faggot bugs in the faggy woods, faggot.
Ticks pretty rare in the Pacific Northwest
>>
File: 2017-01-20-14-25-03.jpg (429KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-20-14-25-03.jpg
429KB, 900x1600px
>>21526
Wait is this scummy mummy?
>>
>>21526
talk to your doc. tell him you got the bullseye rash and a fever a few days after you got bit and forgot to mention it at your last visit.

Lyme and all other tick-vectored illnesses are a complete bitch to rid of after it has spread/you've been infected. And the worst part is, it creeps on you, its not like a bam, in your face ur sick, sort of sickness, but subtle and debilitating in that it slowly progresses and rebounds randomly, and takes a toll on your quality of life. the bacteria likes to hide in your body, and is very hard to detect by today's tests.
>>
>>21544
>meat allergy
thats all i eat
ill kill myself before i see the day i stop eating steak. i will ram that shit down my throat allergy or not.
>>
File: 1490765854563.jpg (10KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
1490765854563.jpg
10KB, 300x180px
>>21545
Rather have faggot bugs than actual hipster faggots and "young professional" douchebags
>>
Got bit by a tick last summer. Never saw it on me, but I spent the entire summer working at a camp along the Appalachian Trail so it was more or less inevitable. I ended up getting really sick. Like sicker than I've ever been before. For about a week I had a constant pounding headache that had me sleeping about 20 hours a day because I literally couldn't focus, and I lost all my appetite. I was eating maybe 200 calories a day. Lost about 7 pounds (I'm only 130 so that's quite a bit). Then it cleared up and went away, I figured it was just a bad cold or something, maybe the flu. Fast forward about 3-4 weeks and I'm going swimming and my friend notices huge red circles covering my body. Each one was maybe as wide as my opened hand (7-10 inches in diameter). Figured it was ringworm from sleeping in nasty 3 decade old cots in my boxers.. Went to the doctor and they said yeah probably a bad case of ringworm, but tested me for Lymes disease. It ended up being Lymes. Went on antibiotics for 21 days and it cleared up. Only shitty part was the antibiotics made me allergic to the sun. Due to my job I had to be in the sun for most of all day and even wearing SPF 80 sunblock which I put on religiously I was sunburnt as fuck for those 21 days. The sun rays hitting me felt like I was being stabbed by tiny needles and was really painful on top of the actual pain of the sunburn. 0/10 would not recommend Lyme's disease.
>>
File: 1489013919957.png (443KB, 1506x3976px) Image search: [Google]
1489013919957.png
443KB, 1506x3976px
>>21534

Que...?
>>
Yeah, you're fucked.

If you have assets, get a good probate lawyer now. If you don't, pay for funeral costs in advance so you aren't a burden to your family. I'd give you maybe 3 months, 4 if you've got an otherwise strong immune system or can afford top-level hospice care.

Sorry, OP.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.