[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grizzly Man. Opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0113.jpg (167KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0113.jpg
167KB, 800x499px
Watched this recently and it was pretty frustrating watching somebody that delusional. Also sometimes hilarious. I liked how Herzog kind of took the piss out of him at the end
>>
>>21471
He was a stupid person. I hope he didn't breed.
>>
>>21472
As far as I know, he didn't. Complete shame he got his girlfriend killed with him. I'm pretty sure I remember from the doc or reading something that she wanted to leave and didn't like it there , and he sort of convinced her to stay
>>
>>21471
complete faggot. Reminds me of a lot of people I know. A disconnected nutcase who thinks he's special.

The best part is when he got eaten
>>
>>21471
he was abusive to his GF, but that was probably more a result of his illness. He rarely filmed her if I recall, probably cause of sociopathic tendencies

he was honestly pretty good with the crew of bears that knew him well, but the one that mauled him wasnt from that group and didnt know him. he got cocky and thats why he died. his poor woman went downs as collateral damage. Thankfully his footage was preserved.

overall an emotionally unstable individual just soul searching in the most foolish of ways. He could have easily enjoyed alaska and even bears and made some stellar art in the process if he just approached it all differently.
>>
>>21475
I definitely can appreciate the soul searching and being in touch with nature and all that, but yeah like you said went about it in a bizarre way.

One really goofy part was when a group of people fishing or kayaking or whatever come near him, and he starts flipping his shit when they try to scare one of his bears away from them. The bear probably wasn't afraid of them, because he spent so much time dicking around with them. I don't know much about bears though
>>
>>21474
Definitely believed himself to be special. Kind of acted like the land was for him and the bears only, and anybody else that wanted to enjoy it there was awful. Cracked up when he went on his rant about the government
>>
He fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is "never go innawoods near bears during the hyperphagia!!!"
>>
>>21471
>Opinions?
There are cheaper, easier ways to commit suicide that don't get people and endangered animals killed.

Delusional idiot who was actively endangering the bears he claimed to love by acclimating them to people.
>>
>>21478
>"never go innawoods near bears during the hyperphagia!!!"
yeah like i always said he might think the grizzlies accepted him as one of them, but he forgot they routinely eat each other when they are really hungry.
>>
>>21479
All envirotards are delusional and hurt the things they are activisming for
>>
Great doc
Herzog is the GOAT /out/ documentarian.
>>
Just rewatched this shit the dude was batshit, off the deep end nuts. Acted as if he was the only one on earth that truely appreciated nature. Best scene of the movie is when hes swimming with one bear and tries to touch its snout and the bear whips its head around like "fuck nah son"

>>21476
This is totally true, the dude desensitized that small population of bears to humans and they had little fear of approaching people. And that group was throwing rocks at the bear that got close to them kek

Worth noting the bear that killed him did so in late autumn just before winter and was desperately searching for food. The dude filmed the bear diving to the bottom of a deep river to eat salmon carcasses off the riverbed. lol why not just eat the easy access couple on the bank instead? ha
The only reason he stayed that late in the season is cause he got in a fight with the ticket clerk at the airport who said his tickets were invalid. Instead of resolving the issue like a normal human bean he got in word fight with her then and return to his camp in spite. All the bears that he knew that weren't afraid of him were already hibernating and the ones remaining were from other areas searching for food
>>
>>21471
That was a cute as hell little fox fren though.
>>
>>21471
Treadwell is stupid but to be perfectly honest i appreciate what he was trying to do, if only because as a result we got Grizzly Man. Grizzly Man is one of my all time favorite films.
Pretty much is the reason i started spending more time outdoors.
>>
If anyone really wants to read about a real "grizzly man" then they should google Stan Price and the bears on Admiralty Island at Pack Creek. He used a stick to smack bears on the nose and he probably did more to educate people about bears than anyone. To bad he wasn't crazy and died of old age in his 90's or he'd be famous.
>>
>>21484
Tim probably thought they shared a bond. While in the sad reality it probably associated Tim with food. I'm not surprised if the average person would think the same as Tim
>>
I liked the bit when the mentally disabled guy got ate.
>>
They should have released the tape.
>>
>>21489
I dunno. If Herzog can't handle it then maybe it's too much for me.
>>
File: 1452293681999.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1452293681999.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>21481
so lets give all the land back to the states to sell to the highest bidder
>>
>>21487
He was food alright. I figure my dogs would eat my face off within hours of me dying if they hadn't been fed in the last 24.
>>
>>21489
>>21490
>browse forchin
>guy getting mauled by bear too much
do u even rekt bro
>>
File: 1470163144507.jpg (282KB, 955x951px) Image search: [Google]
1470163144507.jpg
282KB, 955x951px
>>21489
>>21490

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9lCkFygaaQ&t=3s

Not sure how legit it is but it sounds pretty real to me.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.