[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at Mountain Equipment Co-op, ask me anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Outdoor Gear.png (1MB, 981x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Outdoor Gear.png
1MB, 981x1037px
I work at Mountain Equipment Co-op, ask me anything.
>>
Any qts there? If positive post said qts instagrams.
>>
>>21400
What is your favorite flavor ice cream?
>>
>>21401
I will not post my store location or anything personal information, this is a professional post. That said, I can honestly say it is the best job I have ever had due to the management staff and my coworkers. Everyone is friendly, intelligent, and fun to work with. The management staff work actively on the store floor and keep a casual, friendly atmosphere with their employees.
>>
>>21402
Coffee ice cream gets me every time
>>
>>21403
>this is a professional
Where do you think you are. Back to faggdit or Facebook then.

>Being this much of a stiff
Lol.
>>
>>21400
Can I get a discount?
>>
>>21403
>this is a professional post
Well then you're obviously advertising, if you're acting in a professional capacity, and you not allowed to do that.

Since you with at mountain whatever coop, my question is this: why did REI turn you down?
>>
why do your wool garments suck now? ie ones with new logo, made in el salvador
>>
>>21408
I think it's cause they're focusing so much on ethical sourcing they're almost forgetting to balance it with quality. That said the merino underwear are the only baselayer I've had trouble with. The band separates from the material pretty easily.
>>
>>21409

>ethical sourcing

How is it ethical to charge more for inferior products by exploiting brown people in advertising?
>>
File: 0aWmsbM.gif (2MB, 461x230px) Image search: [Google]
0aWmsbM.gif
2MB, 461x230px
>>21409
>>21410
>>
>>21400
why are the store brand bags terrible quality these days?

I have an old duffel with the mountain and "Mountain Equipment Co-op" spelled out on it. very heavy zippers, double or triple bar tacking, webbing goes all the way around the bag and metal fittings that have borne my entire body weight. over 20 years of service and it's perfect still.

went to buy a few more bags over the holidays and saw that the new bags are barely jansport tier. thin materials, lots of plastic, straps just dangling on to the sides with a per-functionary amount of craftsmanship.

saw the same trend with other store brand products. I have a lot of old mec stuff bought over the last 10-20 years that I still use regularly, but I just can't imagine much of the newer stuff lasting as long.
>>
>>21400
How does it feel to be inferior Canadian REI?
>>
>>21400
so you think you can come and shitpost here?
how about we go to all your stores and shit there?
>>
>>21400

Where is my fucking package?

I had a tent ordered for in store pickup 2 weeks ago and no email to come pick it up yet.
>>
>>21400
Where do you work?
>>
When is your birthday?

Have you ever met someone with the same birthday?
>>
>>21406
this
>>
>>21400
Why do your Brooks dry bags suck so much? My old Bag of Fundy is so much better.

Why is everything slim fit? I have mountain biker's legs, but everything seems cut for vegan rock climbing heroin addicts from Vancouver.

If you're a member owned co-op how come your prices on so many things are higher than Crappy Tire and LeBaron?

How come every time you make something good it gets discontinued by the time I need a new one?

On that note, why the fuck did you discontinue the Super Microft cycling jacket, Bernoulli rain jacket, original Rad Pants, Weeping Wall backpack, Khamsin fleece pants, wool hoodie, fleece hoodie, original World Tour panniers (Serratus style), and helmet strap ear warmers? Those were your best products ever. (At least Running Room still carries a clone of the microft jacket.)

Why don't your jackets have pockets anymore?

Why do you sell purses and dresses at the expense of stocking real outdoor gear?

Not even trolling, I've had these questions for the past 15 years.
>>
>>21414
You jest, but MEC is one of my top choicee when I need a bathroom downtown. And as an owner-member, I'm entitled to use it even if I don't buy anything.
>>
File: fucking manbuns.png (380KB, 696x389px) Image search: [Google]
fucking manbuns.png
380KB, 696x389px
>>21419
>vegan rock climbing heroin addicts from Vancouver
don't hate, braj. do you have any idea how hard it is to find ethically sourced biodegradable syringes right now? yeah, i didn't think so.
>>
>>21409
>ethical sourcing
Ethics my ass. They used to sell decent and affordable made-in-Canada gear under the Serratus line. Now they sell overpriced chinashit and Patagonia memeware.
>>
>>21400
Are people who work at MEC actually outdoorsmen/women?
>>
>>21423
Yes, we are interviewed about our experience, partly to decide if we're experienced enough to work there, and assigned our departments accordingly. If they want to hire someone who doesn't have experience they usually work at the till or in clothing
>>
>>21423
No they are all self righteous virtue signalling cunts who can ramble on about recycling their ethically sourced Peruvian wine bottles or how wonderful Trudeau is but ask them any questions about their products and they are clueless
>>
>>21425
If you answer their questions, they win.
>>
File: 1429215817808.jpg (138KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
1429215817808.jpg
138KB, 580x386px
>>21426
>>
File: trudeau.jpg (141KB, 711x407px) Image search: [Google]
trudeau.jpg
141KB, 711x407px
>>21425
>>
Why don't you guys have really good non-leather boots? I can't use leather, and currently I end up spending over $100 twice a year on cheap naugahyde "vegan" boots when there are better alternatives. Had a pair of heavy canvas (but light tread) boots that were far better than leather and lasted me 4 years AFTER the entire Appalachian Trail. Now all I can find are heavy leather waffle stompers or thin leather throwaways, nothing inbetween. We've put people on the moon. (And, by the way, their boots weren't leather.) Can't we get a decent nonleather boot?
>>
>>21403
>professional

>>21405
This

>professional retail customer service associate
Topjej
>>
>>21429
Do you have a wide or narrow foot? A lot of the gortex boots from Salomon are very sturdy and hold up just as well as leather
>>
>>21407
Not OP, but you do realize that REI and MEC operate in different countries right?
>>
File: ryU0AA.jpg (85KB, 900x840px) Image search: [Google]
ryU0AA.jpg
85KB, 900x840px
Do you stock this
>>
>>21400
Why are your wool products so shitty and overpriced? We don't care if they come from gluten-free, free range sheep ethically managed and masturbated by vegan shamans who use the highest quality lube on the market and are constantly high on the best recreational drugs, we just want affordable, high-quality gear.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.