[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Climbing General - Endurance Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: DSC01400.jpg (4MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01400.jpg
4MB, 4912x3264px
Largest volume training to date last thursday, 10 routes (ranging from 5.6-5.10)for 10 laps each +1 bonus route when some sexy chick wanted to learn how to climb for a total vertical gain of approximately 4k feet, hoping to be in good enough shape to rope solo 39 full length pitches(ranging from 5.9-5.12), not sure I will be ready this year, but good progress is being made!

>half way up route
>sexy chick swimming in creek with her doggos
>back strokes while looking up at me
>perfect tits
>asks if she can try
>yea!
best day ever.
put her on a route with a decently stout top out to a ledge, her little boot shorts quickly stretched and gave way to her 80's style black underwear. exchanged numbers, she wants to go again, pretty sure she is a stripper, also latina, but whatever
>>
Wat
>>
>>20699
had on a beige sports bra/booty shorts
tits were a tad bigger, almost too perfect
had a single tattoo that was a half sleeve, side chest, and thigh, Japanese style. Arms were pretty thin and vascular, had some french nails with jewelry glued on, perfect white teeth.
>>
Whats your point?
>>
>>20701
got 4k feet of climbing, roughly the equivalent of the goal for the route I want to climb, just need to up the intensity. Anyone else training for big wall?
>>
>>20700
dem trips tho
>>
What was your total time for that training?
>>
>>20704
5 hours, took a few breaks and spent some time letting that chick climb
>>
DAMN THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT

how long you been climbing?
>>
What's the mountain?
>>
>>20707
Potrero Chico

taken from the top of Super Nova

left side is Timewave Zero, closest shoulder I believe is Yankee Clipper, and the sharp ridge line on the right is Monster Truck. That tower bottom left has a two pitch climb on it
>>
Where do you climb and how long have you been climbing?

I've recently started getting really interested in climbing. Trad looks like a whole lot of fun.
>>
>tfw took my gf to the climbing gym
>now we go every other day at least, and usually 4-5 times a week

This is the best feeling out there. I never want to climb without her again
>>
>>20709
I climb on limestone, been doing it on and off since I was a kid. Trad is super fun, gives you the skills to climb whatever you want.

>>20710
I got a belay from my girl once on a project, was pretty dope. Being free of social scheduling is quite freeing, it's why I solo climb. Having the ability to do it on your own has led me to appreciate social injunctions of the same activity more, because I am doing them not out of necessity but desire.
>>
>>20711
Itook a gril to the rock gym for a second date back many years ago when i actually looked good climbing. I taught her the commands, we were using the lever belay device (foolproof) and i topped out so it wasn't even unexpected.
She caught me 3 feet from the floor. Never again.
>>
So i have pretty much bouldered exclusively but will soon be moving to an island where there is no bouldering but plenty of trad. Any tips for transitioning?
>>
>>20705
Nice
>>
>>20713
Do easy routes to focus on placing gear, and to build endurance would be my recommendation. Befriend a trad climber and become his belay slave for a while and learn as much as you can from him until you can start building up your rack. Focus on how he places gear, and builds anchors.

tl;dr just do it ;)
>>
>>20713
boulder/traverse the bottoms of the routes to become acclimated to the rock formation's style and how you fit in
>>
What setup do you use for rope soloing?
>>
>>20717
Silent Partner for leading
C.A.M.P. Goblin for seconding/top roping
>>
>>20710
Jelly
>>
>>20708
Gosh, that's gorgeous. Mexico looks like it has some fascinating natural features, like those huge volcanoes in the south.
>>
>>20720
everything is bigger in Mexico. hot springs, mountains, caving, psychedelic cactus grows wild, cheap hookers, cheap doctors
>>
>>20710
Then when you break up you'll be an emotional wreck who doesn't want to climb anymore.

Don't get me wrong I like climbing with my wife but I would never say I never want to climb without her again.
>>
I only boulder, and went rope climbing with a friend yesterday. Holy shit I had no idea my endurance sucks so much. Max I could lead was a 7-/7 and I was fucked afterwards. Does anyone know how 7- (used in southern germany) translates to the grade system in the OP?

I gotta train a lot harder for this and boulder some traverse
>>
File: hahaha germany is now france.png (1MB, 717x873px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha germany is now france.png
1MB, 717x873px
>>20723
overgripping will get you real quick
>>
File: climbing grades convertion.jpg (80KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
climbing grades convertion.jpg
80KB, 640x448px
>>20724
I found this now, we don't use a,b,c and d for rope climbs, it looks more like we use the finnish/norwegian system
>>
>>20725
interesting, rating system seems to always be changing
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.