[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ hiking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_3156.jpg (22KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3156.jpg
22KB, 194x259px
where does /fa/ and /out/ intersect?
>>
Trick question, /out/ and /fa/ are 2 parallel lines and do not intersect.
>>
Diverging lines will intersect eventually.
>>
>>19789
Hipster fags/lumberjacks. Bushcrafters probably. All that old school canvas and leather, steel packs mixed with outback hats and redwing iron rangers with no traction.
>>
>>19790
Only in euclidean geometry mate
>>
>>19789
Here >>>/lgbt/
>>
/fa/ is a girl board
/out/ is a MGTOW board.

Go the way and dont come back
>>
>>19795
>MGTOW
gross tbqh
>>
https://youtu.be/ZAtzN_ScKXY
>>
>>19797
/thread
>>
File: $1,000 Wedge Tent by Filson.jpg (65KB, 758x758px) Image search: [Google]
$1,000 Wedge Tent by Filson.jpg
65KB, 758x758px
>>19792
Nailed it my man. Fuckin' overpriced bullshit
>Filson
>Bestmade
>>
>>19795
>/out/ is a MGTOW board.
Lolno you loser faggots routinely get your panty waisted candy asses handed to you every time you try to post here.
>>
>>19800
yeah, I was about to say that this is a pretty normal guy kind of board. At least compared to some of the darker corners on this site.
>>
>>19801
>>19800
Are you guys coming to the rainbow /out/ gathering ?
>>
>>19792
What's wrong with canvas? Makes for a great top layer when it's cold and dry out.
>>
>>19795
Clearly you've never been to /fa/.
>>
patagonia and northface
>>
File: the-road-004.jpg (459KB, 3884x2600px) Image search: [Google]
the-road-004.jpg
459KB, 3884x2600px
Roadcore
>>
>>19789
In the outdoors where techwear makes the most sense. It is possible to look good while going /out/ and if that improves your experience then why not?
>>
utility > aesthetics. /fa/gs >>> /trash/
>>
>>19795
>MGTOW
Speak for yourself, beta numale.
>>
>>19797
Fuck dude my sides
>>
>>19806
man that movie was terrible
>>
File: 220px-IsaacBrock20100719.jpg (14KB, 220x258px) Image search: [Google]
220px-IsaacBrock20100719.jpg
14KB, 220x258px
>>19791
The universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
>>
full acronym - perfect combo
>>
>>19803
Don't get me wrong. I got a spot for canvas and leather bags too. Just for practicality's sake that shit is heavy in comparison. Also when it gets we tit gets wet, you gotta make sure to wax that shit good to prevent this. High maintenance basically.

For your case, why not just have a wool/fleece sweater? or a wool blanket, or usgi woobie? It's leagues better and lighter, in the woobie's case.
>>
>>19799
Shit like this makes me kinda sad sometimes. I get it muh heritage. But some of this stuff is in the past for a reason, superseded by improved materials and design. I like the look of old school stuff, but it's not as practical as current stuff unless you're buying milsurp.

Pisses me off that companies use this heritage bullshit to rope people in. I remember Barbour having an ad showing a guy taking the whole fucking day to wax his fucking canvas jacket as if that's something you actually want to do on a regular basis for a long period of time. Also I'm sure he'll have fun spot waxing that shit as the wax wears off in areas where he actually moves in order to remain /fa/ and not look like a bum.
>>
Patagonia and Northface is all over the fucking place where I live though I doubt they've ever done more than a day hike to a waterfall where they took 100 pics of themselves.
It's good looking gear don't get me wrong
>>
>>19815
After wearing out one Barbour field coat, I had to go to EBay to get a replacement.
And a new pair of Filson tin chaps are about $125 .
Fucking hipsters.
>>
>>19815
Me again. Nothing made by North Face or Ratagonia will shed thorns like waxed canvas. Nor can you fit a brace of grouse in the pocket of technical outerwear.
Carhartt tries, but Barbour and Filson outerwear does it right.
Fucking hipsters.
>>
>>19812
Thats where you're wrong
>>
>>19819
M'kay, Sheldon.
>>
>>19819
I'll keep my forth dimension as I like it.
>>
>>19814
>For your case, why not just have a wool/fleece sweater? or a wool blanket, or usgi woobie

I use that for a second layer, I like having canvas on top because it's difficult to tear and wont get caught on branches or bushes. Though you're right, waxing is a pain but if you're thorough about it it's as waterproof as anything nylon
>>
File: 1490225134442.png (51KB, 1005x629px) Image search: [Google]
1490225134442.png
51KB, 1005x629px
>>19809
Pretty sure the numale is your married cuck ass.
What would happen to you if you stopped nodding your head at all your wifes feminist babbling?
She would hand your your ass.
>>
>>19789
Between wealth and homelessness.
>>
>>19823
ITP the beta numale speaks.
>Stepdaughter.
KEK!
>>
>>19789
At the /g/. Seriously, /fa/g/out/.
>>
>>19811
Whaaaat
I mean, it wasn't the book but the only bad part was the whiny kid. But he was a little bitch in the book too
>>
>>19791
The divergent point is probably the loin cloth
>>
File: 1482223050167.jpg (230KB, 1500x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1482223050167.jpg
230KB, 1500x1178px
>>
http://andwander.com/
>>
>>19829
Reminds me of Will Ferrel's character in Land of the Lost.
>>
>>19829
besides the hat and scarf (and arguably the pipe if its in other peoples face) whats wrong with this?

Those sennheisers are good. If you have the money invest in decent gear.
>>
>>19827
>only bad part was the whiny kid.

That's the whole movie though
>>
>>19829
>>
>>19829
>>19834

literally my dream hermit fit
>>
>>19789
Around the lines of Hurley Phantom shorts, nice Nike 5.0s and NikeSB Dri-Fit shirts

>or at least that's what I wear when I go surf fishing
>>
>>19802
i would if there were one tbqh
>>
/fa/ + /out/ = /fat/
>>
am I /fa/?
>>
File: Johnny Ollsin.jpg (88KB, 674x500px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Ollsin.jpg
88KB, 674x500px
People on /out/ are just as guilty of playing dress up as people on /fa/. Wear clothes that are comfortable, as functional as they need to be (and no more than that), look good, and are situationally appropriate and you will be as /fa/ as you can be. Bonus points if you customize them to your specific needs and personal aesthetic sense.
>>
>>19792
There is absolutely nothing wrong with outback/slouch/cowboy hats, they're practical as fuck in all weathers apart from extreme cold or wind. Baseball caps, for instance, cannot compete.
>>
>>19818
If I'm working on the woods then Barbour is great but if I'm doing anything like hiking, climbing, running etc it's Patagonia all the way. Their shit is fantastic and they do free repairs.

>>19816
Who cares what other people do in their gear? Are you that much of a hipster??

Why would anyone use outdated, heavy, non-breathable materials in this day and age. Stop being such idiots and just buy proper kit.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.