[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to become full /out/ist for begginer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20160920_152945.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160920_152945.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
How to become full /out/ist for begginer?
>>
Step 1, have to make it further up the trail than 500 yards away from where 100 cars are parked
>>
What do you want to do? Hike, mountaineer, paddle, fish, bushcraft, bike tour, rock climb, hunt, garden?
>>
>>19367
Lurk mora and don't start threads like this
>>
>>19367
>Lurk
>Meditate on the meaning of /out/
>Realize if you're just following instructions you aren't truly /out/
>Find a place within a couple hours drive and a few miles hike where backcountry camping is allowed
>Put together a gallon zip lock bag of stuff you think you'd need to survive for a week (can't bring food or water)
>Buy/rent/salvage a pack, sleeping bag, cookware, and your shelter setup of choice
>Throw together enough food for a couple days and put it all in the pack
>Drive out as early as possible, hike out, camp one night, come back
>Gain confidence from your miserable success and learn what to do differently next time
>Repeat ad nauseum

Don't get in trouble with the law. Other than that, as long as you survive, you did it right. You will become a true /out/ist when you develop your own genuine /out/ interests for yourself and realize it's affected the way you see the world.
>You have the aircraft.
>>
Start by spending a day just going for a really long walk. Explore.
>>
Give up on the notion of "full /out/ist" like it's some kind of secret to unlock or prize to be obtained.

Go /out/ for a walk. Go /out/ and camp for a weekend. Learn about the natural world around you. Have FUN.
>>
>>19367
Buy cheap gear before you figure out what kind of backpacking you most enjoy, and then buy with those needs in mind. This will save you a shit load in the long run.
>>
>>19373
>>19371
>This
I assume the most of us go /out/ for enjoyment, and that's what you should go for. Just start small.
>>
>>19370
>tfw you spend so much time on /out/ that your phone corrects "more" to "mora"

>>19368
I tried that once on top of a 14,000' mountain. Easier said than done for a smoker.
>>
>>19367
Cheap synthetic clothing, a backpack, some water and some snacks.
also, lurk
>>
>>19367
Just go outside you numbskull.
>>
When you are just starting out you should look for gear that can be utilized in many roles. Like a hammock can also be a chair. Or a katana can be used as a knife, an axe, self defense and for hunting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.