[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Singing while walking through the woods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: IntoTheWoods.jpg (1MB, 3000x2008px) Image search: [Google]
IntoTheWoods.jpg
1MB, 3000x2008px
Acceptable or a dick move for scaring away the wildlife?
>>
>Be hiking the Northwest Circuit of Stewart Island on my own
>It's a 10 day trek
>Lucky to see another soul on the track for half of the days
>Had only the solace of listening to my thoughts, the rustling of the leaves and distant waves from the ocean to hear
>Be 3 hrs into trecking on the 5th day
>Could swear I was hearing voices for about 1 hour over and over
>Literally thought I was going insane
>All of a sudden three Hunters singing traditional Maoi Songs emerge around the corner fully jovial like the fucking 7 dwarves
>They say hi to me and carry on

To this day I'm still not sure if they were a figment of my imagination or actually real.

Please don't sing in the woods.
>>
ew, no
>>
i sing creepy songs when deep in the woods in order to creep out anyone else near bye
like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N9LnkKQfuc
>>
>>19125
It's common for people to sing trail songs in bear territory to alert said ursines to your presence.
>>
>>19128
What was that movie about?
Was robert mitchum going to bugger the children?
>>
>>19130
he plays a con artist that murders wealthy women
he kills a woman to get her money,
but her children hid it someplace
and he tracks the kids down to kill them after forcing them to tell him where the money is
10/10 kino
>>
>>19129
THIS.
always make some kind of noise if i dont want to accidently a bear on the trail
>>
On long portage's I'll hymn and sing. Helps me stay motivated.
>>
>>19125
It's acceptable as long you only sing songs that Tolkien wrote.
>>
>>19129
I hate this.

I work an /out/ job and was partnered up one summer with a weird little fucker who did vocal music (like opera and choir and shit) in college. He was terrified of bears, among many other things. I lost track of the number of times we'd be working a couple hundred yards apart and all of a sudden off in the trees I'd hear this eruption of opera or something out of a classic musical because he'd just been spooked by a deer or a squirrel.
>>
I practice throat singing and listen to alex jones innawoods
>>
I usually sing mix of sea shanties in my native language or English, scout (or scout equivalent), marching and folk songs. Traditional folk, not indie folk, but I admit I throw one from time to time for a change.

In moderate voice of course.

I always stop when I see someone, but once I was caught off guard my a couple of older outers who complimented me on my voice.
>>
My grandmother would always take my sister and I out hiking on the AT when we were little and she'd sing military songs from WWII. My whole family used to sing war songs around the house, since all my grandparents served. I carry on the tradition in the woods. Most of them are meant for marching, anyway.
When I tire of those, the only songs I can usually think of are from Monty Python. I once rounded a corner while belting out the Galaxy Song and came across three girls around my age. I couldn't pretend like I hadn't been singing so I just nodded at them and carried on.

Fuck you if you don't like people being cheery while outdoors. And don't let shame stop you. As Cat Stevens says, if you want to sing out, sing out.
>>
>>19138
Yes, marching songs are good. I learned a few Spanish Civil War songs in my youth.

As Tom Lehrer said, Franco won all the battles, but we had all the good songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtQgNb1Z9p0
>>
>not singing irish songs like some kind of woodland kindred fairy
>>
>>19138
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>19140
Can you name a few?
>>
>THE HILLS ARE ALIVE!
>WITH THE SOUND OF MUUUUUSIC!
>>
>>19136
i laughed way too fucking hard
>>
>>19142
this pls op
>>
>whistle
>>
Me and my mates sing sea shanties on the trail. It freaks out other hikers but we have a good time.
>>
>>19125
It's a foe paw. It's ok to talk to plants and mushrooms, but don't make them your captive audience.
>>
>>19135
desu, that sounds funny as fuck...

I think it's a matter of genre really. you'll not find me singing opera, or humming one of Frederick Der Grosse's flute pieces. but Stan Rogers, sea shanties, folk tunes, even some niche stuff like SCA bardistry can be nice. even then I don't spend the whole damned time doing it.
>>
>>19125
Sometimes I think I hear fags singing in the woods, but it always stops when I shoot in the direction it's coming from. Probably my tinnitus.
>>
>>19150
How hard did your daddy hit you upside your head to give you tinnitus on top of anger issues?
>>
>>19151
Purdy hard.
>>
File: smhn.gif (1010KB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
smhn.gif
1010KB, 312x176px
>>19148
Foe paw.
>>
>>19125

I prefer to rant and yell about how I can whip my weight in wildcats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGL_2paURYA
>>
File: IMG_6084.jpg (20KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6084.jpg
20KB, 419x419px
>>19136
LOST HARD
>>
File: 1481247387531.jpg (5KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1481247387531.jpg
5KB, 250x248px
>>19148
Foe paw.
>>
>>19125
I only sing while I'm hiking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_7iRVtxui8
>>
File: 1471050108045.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1471050108045.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>19125
>In glacier national Park
>hiking with friends from work
>Everyone is super excited to see bears except for me.
>Guess who is the only person to have seen a bear before?
>Yours truly is the only one making noise on the trail, talking, laughing, randomly clapping hands, etc.
>"quiet Anon you'll scare away the bears!"
>Good.jpg.png.html
>almost to a lake we were hiking to, take water break.
>Group comes up behind us
>"Guys did you see that Grizzly?!? It was huge! Must've been like 50 feet from the trail!
>Everyone else is mad they missed a photo pop, I am simultaneously shitting myself and breathing sigh of relief.
>Don't see it on way back because I kept making noise.

Two days later, hiking along different trail
>A couple others have joined the "don't want to get eaten by bears" club
>Walking along trail, had been talking but had shut up for a bit to listen for something, I can't remember why. Group had split up a bit to take a look at something.
>Start walking again, New Yorker and member of don't get eaten club is up front maybe 20 feet away
>Suddenly bigass black shape maybe 5 feet from him takes off uphill like a bat out of hell
>Everyone stops for about 5 seconds as we process what has just happened.
>New Yorker looks back at me and other guy, eyes as wide as dinner plates
>"that was a cub"
>mfw
>Become acutely aware that bear spray is with the other group.
>Immediately backtrack making all the ruckus we could
>Never saw mom.
>Still don't know if it was a grizzly or black bear

Fuck bears.

Still not as fun as the road trip I took with a buddy of mine from Alabama who was hellbent on seeing as many bears as possible. I'm talking he pulled over on the road multiple times, leaving me and anyone else in the car to chase down potential bears in the bush to get pictures. I still don't know how he got away with it.
>>
>>19158
>Everyone is super excited to see bears except for me.
>Guess who is the only person to have seen a bear before?
I've been in this position too many times. My friends have dubbed me "bearanoid".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clIjgSPRSqY
I usually sing this while hiking cause it gives me some good feels
>>
>>19137
>>19147
Along came a sailor, an ordinary bloke
Bulging at the trousers with a cock of solid oak
He'd been out to sea, oh, for seven years or more
There wasn't any question just what he was looking for

Singing bell-bottomed trousers
Coats of Navy blue
Let him climb the rigging
Like his daddy used to do
>>
>>19161
is that gay? that sounds gay.
>>
>>19162
He asked her for a candlestick to light his way to bed,
He asked her for pillow just to rest his weary head.
And speaking very gently just as if he meant no harm,
He asked her if she'd come to bed just so's to keep him warm.

Bell-bottom trousers, coat's a Navy blue,
Let him climb the rigging like his daddy used to do.

She lifted up the blanket and a moment there did lie;
He was on her, he was in her in the twinkling of an eye.
He was in again and out again and fucking up a storm,
And the only thing she said to him, "I hope you're keeping warm."
>>
>>19135
i would only sing this if i met a bear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYoq6sovr8Y
>>
In Australia the drovers in the old days would ride amongst the cattle at night singing to them so they stayed calm and wouldn't stampede. This was called night watch. I think most animals would be curious about someone singing, not afraid.
>>
>>19131
>>19128
>/out/ has better taste in films than /tv/
Why am i not surprised?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.