[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annual REI Dividend Semi-Shill thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: hella roughin it brah.jpg (679KB, 1024x583px) Image search: [Google]
hella roughin it brah.jpg
679KB, 1024x583px
"First Time I've Ever Received More Than $5 Back" edition

last year we waited 'til the last minute to buy my wife a backpack and sleeping pad, so like a couple of chumps we paid full price in store, and now i'm getting $36 back. in conjunction with the 20% off coupon my kahtoola microspikes will only be $27.

pic related: what 90% of rei's client base thinks is /out/
>>
I spent over 900 on clearance merchandise, which of course was not able to go towards the dividend. There was a couple other things I almost bought but didn't because it was clearance.

I did get $10 back from my Camelback which got me a new tube for my bike and an adapter so I could fill said tube, Which I actually needed to go by anyways.
>>
I have received more than $5 back from REI many times
I never thought it was worthy of starting a thread
>>
>>19097
>being so new you don't understand editions
>thinking your opinion is relevant
lurk moar, faggot
>>
218 bucks this year, less than last year's. Mountaineering and climbing can be expensive to get into.
>>
>>19096
The best way to build up a dividend is with little purchases. When I was working there we called it the "Socks, maps & snacks" method.
>>
File: 20161217_162418.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_162418.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
$123 dividend, 3 x $ on clearance items.

Saved more on clearance than the dividend, but choice items don't go to clearance.
>>
>>19100
>paying for maps

How quaint
>>
>>19095
It might not be /out/ but that looks comfy as fuck
>>
File: sleeping pad.png (85KB, 131x440px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping pad.png
85KB, 131x440px
bought a discontinued women's large thermarest trail lite sleeping pad. it's a bit of a heavier pad, but its r-value is 4.9 and it only cost $12 after all the discounts.
>>
>>19104
whats the size difference between a man and women. I'm 5'11'' would this work for me?
>>
>>19105
standard women's is 66", this one is 72" i'm 6', so it's right at my limit, but its r-value is significantly higher than a men's, at a lower cost. i think that might be why they discontinued the large-men were buying it instead of the more expensive, less insulating men's version.
>>
I shop at Ross and get sick deals on their in store credit card. I got a pair of hiking kakis for only $34.99
>>
$110 dividend

Main hobbies are UL hiking and camping.
Not sure what to get since I have everything I pretty much need.

What buy?
>>
>>19099
>>19101
>>19108
goddamn you fuckers drop a lot at rei. i go there to try shit on, but i can almost always find what i want for 30% or more off their prices online with no shipping and no tax.
>>
>>19109

Using their credit card helps a fair amount. Only dropped around $700 on all my hiking gear last year, which equates to $70. Rest is just from shit like groceries, gas, non-rei purchases, etc. Even if I don't purchasing anything at rei this year, next year I'll still have enough dividends for consumables like fuel canisters, MREs, etc.
>>
>>19104
I'm so mad that one of the camps I went to as a youngling took my thermarest and never gave it back. Those shady fuckers can go fuck themselves
>>
>>19108
save it til something you have needs replacing? they're good for 2 years, iirc.
>>
>>19109
I got 120 Dollar dividend but I have an REI card that pays back so the only money I spend there is when I have my dividend.

I'm buying a new hammock so I can give mine to my kid.
>>
>>19100
How does that work?
>>
>>19114
he's an rei plant trying to get you to buy masses of stupid high profit shit in the hopes of reaching 3 digit dividend.

>>19113 has a much better technique.
>>
>$1.10 dividend
Threw it towards a bear vault for this summer
>>
>>19111
a) how did they justify taking it, and b) why didn't your parents throw a shitfit when you didn't come home with it? if a camp took my kid's pad i'd fucking ream them (the camp, not my kid).
>>
File: IMG_2149.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2149.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>19095
>what 90% of rei's client base thinks is /out/
wow you're really cool

overall i like REI. selection can be limited for really technical stuff, and the advice you get is dependent on the employee (ive met guys who thru hiked the PCT and others who barely seemed to do dayhikes). no reason to be elitist though, it's what first got me into /out/.
>>
>>19118
>>19118
basin mountain and mount tom? how recent is that?
>>
>>19109
Credit card gives you a lot. Plus I always get a bunch of gift cards from family for christmas, birthday etc.
>>
File: salinevalley.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
salinevalley.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>19119
I was out there last week and it looks pretty accurate. Lotta fucking snow up high still.
>>
>>19115
I know you won't believe me, but I'm not a plant. I did used to work there though, five years at the Seattle store.
>>
>>19114
Most people make one or two big purchases a year, and that makes up the bulk of their dividend, but you pad it a bit with little stuff and consumables like food, waterproofing spray, ski wax, croakies, etc.

It may not get you a three digit dividend, but it adds up.
>>
File: reiplease.jpg (108KB, 1800x450px) Image search: [Google]
reiplease.jpg
108KB, 1800x450px
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.