[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /out/ feel about Primitive Technology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: PrimitiveTechnology.png (704KB, 1285x282px) Image search: [Google]
PrimitiveTechnology.png
704KB, 1285x282px
How does /out/ feel about Primitive Technology?
>>
>>19035
/out/ loves PT

except for that one guy who screams "shill" and throws a fit
>>
>>19035
I'm interested in trying to learn the techniques once the snow melts.
>>
I think it's cool that he's keeping these techniques alive, but I'm not interested enough to watch it (or any YouTube channel) with any regularity.
>>
>>19036
Yep. Shattered just like a prehistoric chert blade would. That's keeping it real.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (33KB, 544x397px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
33KB, 544x397px
>>19035
he's pretty comfy to watch
>>
Watermill WHEN
>>
He makes me want to venture off into the unknown and try to build myself a home in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>19035
>>>/tv/

Fuck off and stay in your containment board
>>
>>19035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGFTmK6Yk4
>>
4 million subscribers with only 25 videos.

solid quality content. no talking. no click bait. no cheap tricks. Just a dude innawoods speed running early civilization.
>>
>>19035

A god amongst mortals.
>>
>>19046
he is starting to look like a Greek God in later videos. all that manual labor innawoods must be good for natty gains.
>>
>>19047
new routine
>3x5 spear throws
>3x12 axe swings
>1x5 fire starters
>chase turkey til failure
>>
>>19047
>new primitive technology video
>getting excited
>hope it doesn't end like it always does
>tell myself I'll make it through the whole video this time
>...for once
>get comfy, start it up
>mirin pecs
>mirin biceps
>side shot of him making pottery
>dem lats
>realize I've been whacking off furiously
>cum all over my clothes, best orgasm I've had since last video
>feel ashamed and shut off computer immediately

It's so weird for me because I'm honestly not gay at all and this is the only time I do this
>>
>>19049

faggot
>>
>>19050
I have a gf that I fuck several times a week you autistic virgin

Now who's the faggot?
>>
>>19051
You still.
>>
File: 1488818218899.png (40KB, 251x305px) Image search: [Google]
1488818218899.png
40KB, 251x305px
He only has ~30 videos, but he has a shitload of subscribers who check youtube daily for new videos. Truly one of the the best.

He makes me feel extremely jealous more than anything, because I live in the Siberian wasteland known as Canada, and he lives in a place where you can wander off into the woods and catch shrimp from the river...
>>
>>19036
>Gerber

He deserved it
>>
File: 175px-Gerberbaby.jpg (7KB, 175x198px) Image search: [Google]
175px-Gerberbaby.jpg
7KB, 175x198px
>>19054
>>
>>19053
Dude, I live in Czech Republic, where you can't even build a tent in the woods.

Canada is fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1488630094072.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1488630094072.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>19049
>>
>>19038
I think he invents techniques instead of exactly copying.
>>
I mentioned this in an /diy/ thread, and I'll do it here, too.
The techniques he is using are authentic. What he is doing can be classified as experimental archaeology. The wattle-and-daub huts, the coiling technique of making pots, the kilns - all has been documented on prehistoric sites. There was a video, one of his newer ones, where he gave us a glimpse into what has happened to several of his constructions, how they had started dissolving. Had he documented this in a proper way he could have easily published this and it would have been a great illustration for researchers (not that such experiments haven't been published so far). What I've noticed that does not fit the Neolithic environment are the tiles and the primitive hypocaust he build in the very beginning of his channel. Still, my favourite channel on YouTube.
>>
>>19056
You can. I do this almost every weekend. Same country.
>>
>>19059
earliest known fired ceramic roof tiles are from 3000 BC Greece.

though hypocaust like beds are found in north china as far back as 7000 BC.
>>
>>19049
you're not alone bro. It's not gay honestly i think i'm just sexually attracted to power and competence
>>
>>19035

My six year old daughter and I love him. We call him Mr. Caveman. Every video, we try to guess what will Mr. Caveman build this time. It's better than 99% of the bullshit you see on cable. He's absolutely incredible.

The most wonderful thing is, in the past he would already do this shit on his own, regardless, as some lone nutter. But in 2017, he just sets up a camcorder, uploads the footage to youtube, and the whole world gets to watch. Ratings wise, he gets more viewers than many cable TV channels. Zero production costs: just a recorder, a pair of shorts, and sticks and mud.

>> ($2000 ad revenue / 1M viewers) * (10M est. avg per video) * 25 videos * 0.55 after Youtube's cut =
>>...
>>wild ass guess, $275,000 income from his channel
>>
>>areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg
>>
>>19063
You might like some of the stuff Northmen do. Everything is handcrafted from raw materials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7pmE4MC-I
>>
>>19063
>It's better than 99% of the bullshit you see on cable.
thats because its not contrived. he's invested in it and not doing it so much for "show". Or at least, he hasnt got a producer telling him what to do, its natural and its him exploring early civilisation. Something like this imo invaluable. Truly a gem, a national treasure.
>>
>>19053
This defeatist attitude (and probably a good dose of romantisiation) are the only things stopping you m8. Go for it
>>
>>19040
this
>>
>>19065
I like that he doesnt really talk during the vids (or didnt, i havent watched in a while). Hes producing content that has to stand on its own merits, not shilling some garbage persona like most youtubers do. And yet he does such a good job of showing us what hes doing that I feel pretty confident I could go replicate it. Actually, I intend to go try a few of his projects myself this year for fun.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.