[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any vets here? Turns out we get free entry to most parks. I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: yakult-botal-5.png (147KB, 296x448px) Image search: [Google]
yakult-botal-5.png
147KB, 296x448px
Any vets here?
Turns out we get free entry to most parks.
I had no idea.
Going to get my free parks pass on monday.
Also canada is giving americans free park passes for 2017.
I am going to camp all damn summer.
>>
>>18724
REI also gives substantial discounts
>>
>>18724
You still need to make and pay for camping reservations you dumb fucking cunt. All parks at or over capacity will turn you around too. Please get educated.
>>
>>18726
I thought people in the us just camped wherever they wanted
>>
>>18727
Leave your basement sometime bud.
>>
>>18727
There are giant parks that you have to pay to get into, but once you are in you can do as you pleases you.
You can shoot ANYTHING you want and camp wherever .
The problem is only so many people can enter at oncet so the government charges and only lets so many in.
Its a weird system .
>>
>>18724

i've never understood the 'vet' culture in america

can somebody plz explain why you pretty much worship ex military but firefighters, paramedics, and police not so much. dangerous public service is still dangerous public service right? do they get the same discount ect and attention but it's more low key?
>>
>>18729
This post is like %5 true.
>>18727
There are huge chunks of land managed by two departments, the National Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management, where you can camp pretty much wherever you want for free for up to two weeks. This land is mostly undeveloped, hence why it's free.

National PARKS are more developed, they have things like developed campgrounds with showers or RV hook-ups, lodges, restaurants, etc and they require an entrance fee and site fees if you want to use the developed campsites. Most of the larger ones allow backcountry camping, however. You can carry a gun in National Parks as well as NFS and BLM land, but you can't just shoot whatever you want. There are some basic rules about where you can discharge a weapon to prevent harming others. Hunting is allowed on NFS and BLM land so long as you follow the applicable state laws. Most National Parks don't allow hunting, but there are I believe about 50-60 that do allow hunting.

Also keep in mind that some National Parks aren't wilderness areas, they are historical or national monuments that the Park Service maintains.
>>
>>18731
>you can camp pretty much wherever you want for free for up to two weeks
You dont have to leave the park after two weeks, you just have to move camp
>>
>>18732
Right, you can camp in one spot for up to two weeks, not the whole forest.

I can't remember if you're supposed to move three or five miles, but it's not like the rangers break out a survey wheel and measure your exact distance.

As long you're moving camp a few miles about every two weeks you can pretty much camp as long as you want on NFS and BLM land.

There are a few minor exceptions, like areas that might be closed due to weather, fire or other environmental damage.
>>
>>18733
Even that rule wont ever be enforced if you are not making trouble.
If you overstay your welcome after a few months a ranger might come up and gently ask you to move camp.
If you are in an area of light camping pressure , no one cares.
>>
>>18734
I don't know that I'd stretch it a few months, but again it's not like they show up exactly after two weeks to kick you out.

But then I usually don't stay in one place that long when I'm long-term camping because I'm usually on my way to somewhere else.
>>
>>18735
I love to settle in to one spot and really make camp. After a month you really get a different feel for the area and a bond that lasts a lifetime.
>>
When you sign on with the U.S. Military, you are giving express, rather than implied, consent to kill or be killed for the ideals of Life, Liberty and Happiness. You swear to defend freedoms which do not apply to you while enlisted. You effectively relinquish your ownership of government to become property of the government. Whether or not the magnitude or gravity of the decision to enlist is fully realized at the time of Enlistment is immaterial to the respect due to current and honorably dicharged service members.
>>
>>18730

This.

>>18737
>>
File: my feeling exactly.png (95KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
my feeling exactly.png
95KB, 219x230px
>>18724
>able to afford 8 years of medical school to work on goddamn animals
>still get government handouts
>mfw
fuckin rich gettin richer, man
>>
>>18736
how do you get food staying in the forest for a month?

also I thought in national forests theres only dispersed camping, ie you cant change the land to make a camp site (no fire pit etc)
>>
>>18739
i've never understood the veterinarian culture in america
can somebody plz explain why you pretty much worship veterinarians but firefighters, paramedics, and police not so much. dangerous public service is still dangerous public service right? do they get the same discount ect and attention but it's more low key?
>>
>>18740
Not that anon, but you can make a basic fit pit (provided there's no fire ban in place, that happens sometimes) and clear a place to put a tent up but you can't start chopping down trees and building structures and shit.
>>
>>18741
When you sign on with the U.S. Veterinary Force, you are giving express, rather than implied, consent to kill or be killed for the ideals of Health, Clean Coat and Freedom from Worms. You swear to defend freedoms which do not apply to you while enlisted. You effectively relinquish your ownership of animals to become property of the animals. Whether or not the magnitude or gravity of the decision to enlist is fully realized at the time of Enlistment is immaterial to the respect due to current and honorably discharged veterinarians .
>>
>>18741
Logging, fishing, roofing, etc are all more dangerous jobs than cop, firefighter, or paramedic. Soldiers and sailors meanwhile have jobs that range from perfectly safe to life expectancy measured in hours rather than decades. Also, most public service folks live at home and go home every night, soldiers and sailors spend months at a time away from their families in the service of their country. Cops, paramedics, and firefighters can also quit their jobs, or tell their boss to fuck off and just get fired. Military personnel can't, at best quitting will get you a lifelong bad record at worst a court martial and criminal punishment.
>>
>>18744
Not to mention the military is mostly children.
You rarely meet up with anyone over 25 on a base.
Most of the dirty work, from maintaining nuclear warheads to digging trenches is done by men age 18 to 22.
To get that kind of performance from young people takes extraordinary discipline .
This is not a normal job.
>>
>>18745
It's actually easier to "brainwash" young and impressionable people.
>>
>>18741
because people are retards

most of the people in the military jerk off behind a desk or do menial jobs and get praised as "heroes"
also get praised as "weapons experts" because they have to qualify with a rifle once a year

People like firefighters and paramedics, but now is a shitty time to be a cop.
>>
>>18747
I feel like you are not really reading some of the posts you respond to.
Could be wrong I guess...I am just a guy who used to have a menial job for the government.
>>
>>18737
so basically you're saying people who join up aren't fully aware of what it means and is involved are are just worthy of respect because of their failure to grasp this at the time?
>>
>>18749
Many grasped the gravity , some did not.
All deserve respect.
>>
>>18749
No. Some don't understand the sacrifice they're making, and do before they do.
>>
>>18740
I usually make a few runs for supplies.
>>
>>18724
source on that canada thing, anon?
>>
Read this whole thread thinking vet referred to veterinarians not veterans until the end. I was so confused.
>>
>>18730
The military advertises at sports events and it is disguised as troop worship. Politicians tout their virtues at every opportunity and the news constantly sucks their dick for brownie points. Most people are too stupid to see that and get taken in so our military personnel are venerated like saints over here.
>>
>>18755
Also, it feeds the military-industrial complex so contractors can't keep getting those fat government checks.
>>
>>18756
Can*
>>
My Dad was a Vet and rarely told anyone because it made him uncomfortable how much some people would gush all over about it.

I do think we need to treat veterans with respect, but as a society we do take it too far I think.

Whenever I meet a vet I just treat them like a normal person, I don't put them up on a pedestal or look down my nose at them. I spent a lot of time at the VA with my Dad and most of the guys I met just wanted to get on with their lives after getting out
>>
File: 7_allinthefamily_archiecigar1.jpg (21KB, 306x320px) Image search: [Google]
7_allinthefamily_archiecigar1.jpg
21KB, 306x320px
>>18757
>>18756
>>18755
>>18749
>>18747
>>18746
>>18744

What a bunch of liberal fucktards.
I had no idea there were so many commies on this board, go suck bernies cock.
A vet saved my dog last year and he is the most important thing in my life.
If you were to disrespect him in fromt of me you would get a fist in your face.
>>
>>18759
I'm 2 of the posts you replied to and I'm a vet.
>>
>>18759
Your dog is a fag and so are you
>>
File: 1451004011647.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1451004011647.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18761
Dont talk to me or my son every again
>>
>>18759
And I'm a vet vet. I can't remember if I've been taking care of animals for a long time, or if I lost my hand trying to diffuse a Improvised Explosive Dog. Either way, you're dissing me, so fuck off.
>>
>>18730
Here in my state aside from the monetary discounts they get the same treatment
>>
>>18730
>i've never understood the 'vet' culture in america

uneducated peons fighting & dying to protect my assets, my property, and my ability to earn $$$, deserve a HUGE thanks from me....

without those vets, I wouldn't have my fucking desk job surfing 4chan all day while getting paid nearly six figures....

I'd probably be stuck in a fucking sweat shop factory working for pennies white the dictator elites enjoy all the wealth.
>>
>>18765
you're welcome
I was honestly willing to die to protect this life for you
i have no regrets
>>
Canuck here, sounds like you Ameribros have a really shitty public grounds/camping laws.

I can go to any public land and do almost whatever I want (a bit of regulation on guns, campfires during forest fire season, and an easygoing hunting law) for how ever long I want, provided I don't die.
>>
>>18767
What the hell are you talking about?
Canada has all sorts of park fees. Thats why its so nice to get the free park pass this year.
>>
>>18768
Park fees? dude just go camp out innawoods on crown land lmao
>>
>>18769
All land is not the same anon, Canada has some amazing parks with stuff you wont find anywhere else and they charge for that shit.
Its like someone says they want to go to yosemite and you say just go camp for free on BLM land.
Not the same thing.
>>
>>18724
I get my entrance fees for free but i still have to pay for campsites.

T. Vet
>>
>>18771
How do you get in? Just show your VA card?
Do you sometimes get a discount on camping?
I want to go to an army engineers lake near me.
>>
>>18770
There is no difference for me, I would be just as happy to wake up to the grand canyon as I would to the most generic cascadian forest.

Besides, there are so many places that are beautiful that are simply unknown, and as a result, not capitalized on, at least near me.
>>
>>18773
>, I would be just as happy to wake up to the grand canyon as I would to the most generic cascadian forest.
Well then we are very different people.
This conversation is about parks.
>>
>>18727
They do, generally. But around here you will meet mostly autistic cuckmericans who feel like they need to have permission for everything they do.
>>
>>18775
Good luck camping in yosemite without permission
>>
>>18772
It depends on the park. National parks have a card and my state has a card. You just go to any park headquarters with the right paperwork(some require va disability, some just honorable discharge) and they issue you a card. Lots of usace parks are free. I haven't looked into them but when i was active i just showed my cac card to the one i knew of that was pay.
>>
>>18773
Keep it a secret.
>>
>>18741
me as german watching a tv show over custom guns made in america

>do you want some engravings on your shotgun

>yes i want flames and a firebrigade sign

>why do you want that

>to remeber my dead firefighter friend

>pfffpf well then you get the gun for free
>>
>>18766

muh brainwashing
>>
>>18779
Do you guys give discounts to old SS veterans ?
>>
>>18781
SS enlisted men didn't know what they doing. They were brainwashed from the age of 10. They deserved to be killed during a state of war, but after, no. There are no murders in war anymore. You are the enemy, or you are collateral damage. Once peace is made, the upper commanding officers become scapegoats for the defeated cultural system. Lower wolves have to deal with their atrocities for the rest of their lives. Often, that is a fate worse than death.
>>
>>18782
So they dont get a park pass? :(
>>
>>18741
My buddies wife is a vet tech, saving animals is pretty cool A+ job.

Pretty much everywhere ive seen that offers a vet discount offers them to police fire emt. I think you dont hear about it that much because right now police dont have the best reputation and theres a fuckton more vets than emts or firemen.
>>
>>18783
'Course they do!
>>
So half the threads disappear ?
How is this funny?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.