[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetitical /out/ situation time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1263283305219.jpg (103KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
1263283305219.jpg
103KB, 700x493px
What would you do if you were living in an isolated part of the world, surviving on your own with your family(or by yourself) and you one day find out a disease of a disaster of some kind has killed the majority of the population. Would you try and find survivors and figure a way to keep civilization surviving? Would you laugh it off and continue your life in the middle of nowhere?

Why are you even living off the grid? what would your reasoning for this lifestyle be? What part of the world would you live in and why? Would you move after the disaster to somewhere more hospitable? What would you do with all your free time?
>>
>>621520
>living in an isolated part of the world, when disease / disaster kills majority of population
Cool.
>try and find survivors ... keep civilization going?
Nope. Civilization isn't very, um, civilized. I'd prolly just laugh it off and continue to live as I had been until dying of old age or wildlife attack.

>why living off grid?
Because fuck people, stupid people especially. In this day and age, the population of stupid people is skyrocketing because somedumbshit keeps passing laws to protect them. Protecting. Stupid. People. Is. A. Terrible. Idea.
>what part of the world / why?
Somewhere in Wyoming or one of the Dakotas, because less people.
>would you move to somewhere more hospitable?
Not if I already had my homestead set with the details worked out. If I had achieved homeostasis before the majority of the population keeled over, I'd probably just stay there.
>what would you do with all your free time?
I don't think you're overly familiar with off-the-grid / homesteading lifestyle. Free time is merely time used to improve one's way of life, as opposed to time that must be spent to maintain one's way of life.
>>
Know that now no one will bother me.
>>
Would just smile, knowing natural selection finely balanced out nature.
>>
>>621520
i would go on an adventure to see what was left yes
and kill all survivors and loot their shit
>>
>>621520
>with family

Sounds like you've got everything you need to start repopulating
>>
>>621628
>the meek shall not inherit the earth
>>
As long as I had a woman or two and was safe in my little area, Id be pretty happy.
If by family you meant extended family, even better, tough my brother's a bit of a dick.
>>
>>621520
You know, fuck people! The amount of completely idiotic men and woman seems to be rising and I have no doubt that one (or some) of them will be the cause for some major trouble in the future. If this causes the fall of mankind and the crash of civilization I just hope that I'm not the only one who had the decent idea to get the fuck out while I still had the chance to do so.
When it comes to the question if I would go and search for survivors - I'd pass. Of course you could find a man or a woman somewhere, but rescued people tend to be clingy. You can't just tell them goodbye and move on, they will follow you. I don't have the space, time or resources to care for more people than I already do, guess they have to care for themselves.

Living off the grid is a great thing, especially if you can still maintain some kind of daily luxury while doing so. Why would I remain hooked to the grid if I have all possibilites to not do so? It does save money and give you back a great chunk of self-reliance.
My free time would be filled with hunting game for food, chopping trees for heat and taking care of my equipment. Maybe some brewing if I ever figure out how to make moonshine or some decent beer. Then I'll teach my children how to /out/ since they'll need it, all while holding onto my technical books, just in case I'd need a way to harvest solar or wind energy.
>>
>>622120
what happens when your children grow up? what future will they have if their only options for reproduction are with their siblings?
>>
>>622120
>The amount of completely idiotic men and woman seems to be rising and I have no doubt that one (or some) of them will be the cause for some major trouble in the future.

I can't tell if you're a /pol/itician or a libfag.
>>
The movie "Before Tomorrow" was exactly this. Definitely worth checking out if you're into the tundra and people surviving in one the harshest climates on earth with no modern amenities.
>>
>>621520
I wouldn't laugh it off, but I like to believe there would suddenly manifest a profound induction into the balance. I would feel all the weight of being human in a world not designed to carry such a volatile being lifted off my shoulders, and, though somber at the loss of art and science and faith forever, I would see all compulsive constructs of my species dissolve, and the Earth would develop thenceforth liberated from our eclectic kind.

After that, perhaps I would accept the destiny of my species and let the Earth take me back, or I would live on without saying another word, until I learned not to think another word, until I learned to abandon my humanity and live like a beast, or die trying (probably the latter), and it would be fantastic.
>>
I'm useless in the wilderness, I browse /out/ for fun, I'd probably die or something
>>
>>622640
can't find this title. Are you thinking of the quiet earth? It's a new Zealand movie about a guy waking up to the mass population mysteriously gone.
>>
>>621520
most of us here would just celebrate, knowing that population has died
>>
>>622858
Lol.
Come play outside with us!
A year of goofing off outdoors with knowledgable folk will make a sc/out/ out of you.
>>
>>623136
I've got a couple of /k/ friends irl who I plan on going out with for a few days in January, just trying to pick up some basics. I've been /out/ a few times through my life but always as baggage for people who know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>623023
I'm on the fence about it. I'd be fine if like 3/4 of the planet died, preferably all the shitty, unhealthy people in the world. I'd probably mourn them for a couple days then get on with my survival strategies.
>>
File: world-without-us1-560x384.jpg (68KB, 560x384px) Image search: [Google]
world-without-us1-560x384.jpg
68KB, 560x384px
>>621520
I would venture out to the empty, decaying cities over the years and watch how things change with fascination.
"The World Without Us" is a thought experiment of this, of how our structures would eventually degrade back to the natural environment.

I would probably lapse through all the deep thoughts others have listed before getting my act together and searching for knowledge on how to make the equipment my family and myself would need.
>>
>>621520
As someone who was rooting for swine flu, I'd be pretty fucking stoked if something came along and wiped out 3/4 of the earths population, especially if it wiped out Africa, China (not Japan cos I like those cunts), the whole middle east (and all muslims in general) and Russia, none of those cunts would not be missed one bit.
>>
>>624587
I double negged at the end..... silly cunt.
>>
i have my fingers crossed for a Coronal Mass Ejection.
its happened before and we're long overdue another - we got lucky a month ago, there was a huge one that just missed us.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.