[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, im in need of a new knife. Hopefully staying under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 31RSOV7Bn4L._SY400_.jpg (12KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
31RSOV7Bn4L._SY400_.jpg
12KB, 500x381px
Hey /out/, im in need of a new knife. Hopefully staying under 50$. Im leaning towards pic related. Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
>>620732
Go for it. My stainless steel Mora is my most used fixed blade knife. They come really sharp and work great.
>>
Got that exact knife in the mail the other day, seems great but mine came with a shit grind (fingers brushing to check visibly rolled edge lol). After a bit of work sharpening and testing seems to hold well enough, sheath is great, go for it and enjoy.
>>
>>620732
Mora is one of the best you can get for the money.
Make sure to keep it clean though , I know mine tries to corrode any chance it gets.
Also, for the love of god, keep the original scandi grind. When you're sharpening lay it flat along the entire edge. I've seen a good many flat ground knives ruined by incorrect sharpening.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>620732
depstie it practically being the /out/ ferodra they are good value for money knives

no it's not full tang but if youre not tatd who has to baton the shit out of every bit of wood to the point of destruction it's a good light weight well made knife. I've had one for about 8 years now as a bait knife in my tackle box in and out of salt water and it's still going fine, I've abused the fuck out of it- pried limpets off rocks cut ropes onto concrete and shock-horror batoned driftwood to build a fire.
>>
>>620732
Mine arrives tomorrow. I'll come back and comment on how they look when it gets in. Sound good?
>>
File: 8566.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
8566.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
I've posted this before, but if you're looking for a folder, the Buck Bantam is awesome for about $20. Very sharp out of the box and super light weight. I love mine.

Comes in many colors and patterns, not just camo.
>>
>>620873
I've handled one of these a few times and deffo agree- for the price, it's a very underrated knife
>>
>>620732
I have that exact knife color and all.I really like it. They're not very expensive and hold a good edge. The rubberized grip is a nice touch too. The only gripe I have is the belt clip is plastic and tends to bend out of shape if you're not careful.
>>
File: BU-285CMS22.jpg (43KB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
BU-285CMS22.jpg
43KB, 800x300px
>>620873

Yep, awesome knife for the price. Especially since it's so light, with a larger than expected blade. Comes in 3 sizes. BBW, BLW, and BHW. I belive BBW is smallest and BHW is largest.

Comes in some cool patterns too.
>>
>>620956
One more image, and I'll stop "buck bantam spamming"
>>
>>620732
What do you plan to use it for, is your budget tight or don't you mind blowing the whole fifty?
>>
>>620732
Moras are great. If you want a folder the Gerber Paraframe I has never done me wrong.
>>
learn to take care of blades

buy the carbon

its better

steel is a no go for bushcraft
>>
>>621071
>carbon blades aren't steel
>>
>>621072
>not having a carbon fibre blade
(gosh, that would be retarded)
>>
>>620851
Reporting back in. I bought it in stainless steel. It's amazing. The complaints about the spines not being finished is an on and off thing apparently because mine came in beautiful. Enjoy. Go for it.
>>
>>620732
>buck 119 special

That is what I have, and I am loving it. I would recommend putting paracord around the grip to obviously have better grip.
>>
>>620958
I had one

Seemed nice for a cheap knife. Handles seemed flimsy though.
>>
File: cf knife.jpg (1MB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
cf knife.jpg
1MB, 1800x1013px
>>621076
>>
File: 20151102_200956322_iOS.jpg (153KB, 852x640px) Image search: [Google]
20151102_200956322_iOS.jpg
153KB, 852x640px
>>620873

I love Buck knives.
For a few bucks more (deal with it) I think the 110 is nicer if you don't mind the extra grams. A true classic.

Here are a couple of my buck knives. The 113 Ranger Skinner has cleaned many animals and still has a great edge - 10 deer, 3 elk, 2 moose, and countless grouse and hares.
>>
>>623105
I love my fg 110. I don't use the belt sheath because I don't like displaying things but still can't go wrong with them.
>>
>>620732

Glock field knife.
>>
>>622828
I'm with this guy, I recently got the 119 and I love the damn thing
>>
>>623187
Go away
>>
What's with all the Buck shilling? Moras are good value, practical, easy to sharpen knives. Buck a shit.
>>
>>620775
what oil do you recommend?
>>
>>620732
get a folding knife dude, try a gerber! go to their site and look at the style and then pick out the style of blade even

gerbergear(dot)com
>>
Realistically, you don't need anything more than a mora knife (companion preferably for the price, but there is the bushcraft knife), maybe an opinel 6, and then a hatchet. If you go with an estwing hatchet then you can have very, very effective camp cutlery that will handle all of your camp tasks, for under 50$.

But it's fun to have big, expensive knives and I personally do carry a sharpened prybar (bk2).
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.