[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scouting Trips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (68KB, 963x654px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 963x654px
Are there any Eagle Scouts here?

>What your favorite trip/activity you did as a scout?
Mine was sailing off the coast of pic related.
>What was your Eagle project?
I built picnic tables for a local state park.
>>
January 2015

>Favorite activity
Just hiking all over the mountains with the bros
>Project
Built a display case for a local elementary school. That shit turned out nice but woodworking is hard to do for an eagle project.
>>
Sea base
Project- marked the Cherokee trail in Wyoming
>>
File: image.jpg (292KB, 900x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292KB, 900x603px
2012 Eagle

>favorite activity
My troop would do a 120 mile biking campout over a week every other year along the old C&O canal, beautiful forests and very relaxing

>eagle project
Food drive for the Salvation Army. I thought rich people would donate more; I was wrong

Pic related, it's the C&O canal
>>
>>619324
Where is that?
>>
March 2011

>What your favorite trip/activity you did as a scout?
Don't have one in particular. We did nearly burn down the forest one weekend at Sabattis, though.
>What was your Eagle project?
Restored and cataloged a colonial graveyard that's in the middle of my hometown.

Kinda miss Troop 9, shame to see it died out a few years after I left.
>>
>>620080

Man-o-War Cay, Bahamas
>>
>>620108

My troop after I left.
There was only 3 scouts left in the troop, and they all said "fuck it".
I am the Omega.
>>
Is this from the Bahamas Sea Base? I did that back in 2011. I'm sad I haven't had the Goombay Juice since.

Anyways, Eagle 2014.
Favorite of the 3 old High Adventure bases is Philmont because of Rayado
>>
>>620485

I never did sea base.
This trip was a week long trip on a small sail boat visiting small islands.

I met a lot of other scouts on some of the islands doing sea base.
>>
>2015
>admitting to be part of a gay pedophilic grooming cult

Fags and niggers ruin everything
>>
>>620544

The Boy Scouts of America don't allow homosexuals as an official rule, so I don't see what you mean.

The scouts teach you a variety of skills, and is a great place to have fun with your friends. Also, being an Eagle Scout is a one up on any job application, so there really isn't any downside to scouting.

With that, I'm replying to a troll.
>>
File: BWCA.jpg (163KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
BWCA.jpg
163KB, 960x960px
>Outing
I've been on two week long canoe trips in Minnesota in the BWCA and they were great.Pic is one my Scoutmaster took.

>Eagle Project
I took maps of the plots in a local cemetery and mapped out where all the veterans were buried so they had a record and to help with memorial day flag decoration.
>>
Not trying to be personally insulting, but I have run into a LOT of eagle scout projects that left me almost quaking in rage. One terribly memorable one was an eagle scout that decided to help make a trail more accessible, by leveling it out, and adding timbers to make the trail into "steps" of sorts. However, he paid absolutely no attention to local drainage and ground pitch in the area, and ended up causing runoff problems that eventually wore a runoff ditch down the trail, making it far less accessible than it was in the first place.
>>
>Favorite Trip
Arrow Corp 5
>Project
Rebuilt an entire church basement. Costed like 5k
>>
>>619324
Eagled out really young. Only went on one trip after that.

Favorite Trip:
either white water rafting or one of the places we went bouldering. Coolest campground was Hole in the Wall in Mojave.

Project:
Put up trail signs
>>
File: 1439765150547.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1439765150547.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>620942
Autism: The Post
>>
>>619519
My dad (also an Eagle scout) talks about the trips he did along the C&O in his scouting days. Sounds like a pretty cool thing, a bit of history and a lot of nature.

2005 Eagle here

>favorite activity
A multi-trip exploration of the St. Johns River in Central Florida. We explored the main river and several tributaries in canoes, airboats and motorboats. One time we explored the area around the Econ River a couple weeks after a hurricane in a pontoon boat, saltwater fishing boat and 3 ganoes with little motors. It was an sweet flotilla. The river was so flooded we lost the river and were driving boats through the forest. Also in the open water, the ganoes could surf the wake of the pontoon boat. I wish I had any pictures from this, but my memories are so clear.

>Eagle Project
Design, built and installed native plant and animal identification signs at a local preserve.
>>
>>620942
pretty much anytime I am out on state land and see something pants on head retarded it's boy/eagle scout shit. Not that I blame the kids, they can only do what the leaders / program lead them to.
>>
>favorite activity

50 mile backpacking trip on the Snake River on the Oregon side (Snake River is the border between Oregon and Idaho on Oregon's Northeastern and East edge.

It was about a 10 hour drive so we camped in a state park the night before we hit the trail.

We had Burger King that night and a scout, who is also an Eagle, woke up and puked it all inside the giant tent we brought specifically for that night.

Burger King's catchphrase at the time was "Wake Up With The King." So, needless to say, that phrase stuck.

I also saw my first rattlesnake up close that trip.

Not to mention the landscape and scenery was beautiful.

After we got to the end of our 50 miles, we took an air boat back to our start point. It was a 2 hour boat ride but we all felt that it only took 15 minutes.

>Eagle Project

Built 10 information boards for the Army Corps of Engineers. I also cleaned up a day use park near one of the many Dams by my house.
>>
>>620713
>being an Eagle Scout is a one up on any job application
yeah, for a minimum wage job.
>>
>>621803
>>620942

The objective of the Eagle Project is for the scout to figure out how to do the project and lead it themselves.
You're going to see a lot of shitty service projects, but they are the vast minority of projects.
In order to be approved, the projects require the signature of approval by the Scout Master, the Eagle couch, the beneficiary, and the scouting council for the area open completion of the project.
Eagle projects are typically quality projects that other wise wouldn't happen, realistically.

>>622044
>yeah, for a minimum wage job

For virtually any job. It shows the employer you're a smart and hard working person.
To say the being an Eagle Scout only helps with the job applications of a minimum wage job just isn't true.
It's also ultimate achievement to put on a college application.
>>
This thread bums me out. Once upon a time in a land far away I was a Life Scout. I had completed all physical reqs for Eagle, just had to wait out the time. Unfortunately the new Scout Master's son didn't like me. His beta to my ??? or something. My life was miserable and I finally broke. Worst decision of my life as it still haunts me.

Life has been good and I have no regrets other than this.

Troop 35
>>
>Life Scout
Honestly, the week long, merit badge summer camp.

Wish I did Philmont though
>>
>>622729
>week long ...

6 month wait, had all reqs done prior to making Life. At that age 6 months was an eternity.
>>
>>622729
Eagle scout here. Been to Philmont a couple times. Once for NJLIC which was a fucking nightmare. Thankfully my dad was down at the main camp teachin an LNT course so after 3 days I literally packed up all my shit and hiked down to the main camp yelling "fuck you guys" as the teachers tried to stop me. They don't call them "junior nazis" for nothing.

Next time I went for my own LNT course.

Only shitty part was that they told me that I was too fat to hike the tooth of time. Something about not being able to get me out if I hurt myself.
>>
>>619324

>Favorite Activity
Sneaking off to that bar across from SeaBase and ultimately running into all the attractive female staffer
>Project
Make about 300 fleece tie blankets for needy families that couldn't afford baby supplies, there is a group of senior ladies that now make them weekly as a hobby
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.