[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /out/'s opinion on hunting in Africa, in non

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37KB, 400x400px
What's /out/'s opinion on hunting in Africa, in non canned hunts and for species that are Least concerned.

Anyone know where I can go do that?
>>
>>605911
If that is indeed the case, then it's no different from hunting anywhere else, silly.
>>
>>605911
You can still do big game hunting with those criteria. Cape buffalo is least concerned and hunting those is both dangerous and rewarding, plus you are injecting a serious amount of money into the local economy by doing one of those hunts.
>>
>>605911

RIP Cecil
>>
See if you can get involved in one of those anti-poacher outfits. Hunt the most least concern species on the planet!
>>
>>605911
They're still humans mate, not sure if I could do it.

Best bet would be some of those former Boer areas such as Transvaal or Orange Free state, if those fail try former Rhodesia or something.
>>
File: 151756_v1.jpg (89KB, 610x203px) Image search: [Google]
151756_v1.jpg
89KB, 610x203px
What's /out/'s opinion on spear hunting in Africa?

What's the biggest, most dangerous animal you would poke?
Lion?
Buffalo?
Rhino?
Hippo?
Elephant?
>>
>>606944

I see what you did there. And I liked it.

OP, the only real limiting factor is cash. Personally, I don't really have an interest in hunting predator species because they're easily baited and as a kid I read waaaay too much Capstick and he always made the big herbivores seem much more dangerous. Especially Cape Buffalo, which are called "The Black Death" for a damned reason.

If I had the cash, I'd go. I want to hunt Buffalo. They seem like they have the best chance of fucking you up if you make a mistake.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>607015

> what's the biggest, most dangerous animal you'd poke?

Your mother.
>>
>>607092
>>606926
Do it with a nitro express double rifle, and no safety net guides with guns.

You got your two shots, miss and you die a slow and painful death.
>>
>>607116

The guide is going to carry a gun, I don't think that's negotiable.

But otherwise I agree. Anybody can zip a large animal from a quarter mile away with a scoped antitank cannon. Putting a big, slow bullet into a Cape Buffalo from 40 yards out with open sights? Better have your shit wired tight, son.
>>
>>607122
Oh I was thinking of the old days when you'd literally have a native guide who was just a guide who carried your stuff and took you to the animals. But yeah, these days, the guides would have to carry guns.

Big game hunting used to be done by guys with skills and balls of steel who wouldn't break a sweat when they get charged by enraged rhino that was just tickled by your black powder cartridge, nowadays they are doing it from the back of jeeps...
>>
>>607137

Fun fact of the day:

Big game hunters in the early 20th century used to hunt elephant with Enfields.

Yeah.... bigger balls than the elephant.
>>
>>607141
Haha, there was actually a story of a Belgian poacher who killed a large number of elephants in the 1920s using .22 short rounds, I shit you not. I had saved the magazine article that cited the research but my computer took a dump last month and I lost it.

Supposedly if you get up close to the elephants, there's a visible spot on their chests between the bones with relatively thin skin that you can hit easily which would directly penetrate into the elephant's aorta.
>>
>>607137
>>607141
My grandpa killed a elephant with a bolt action rifle in south africa in the 1950's apparently the way it worked was that the hunter was paired with two guides all of whom were armed with the same weapon and if the hunter missed his shot and the elephant was charging he would either get off a second shot if he was fast enough otherwise the two guides would fire and if they missed or more likely if the elephant didn't stop they would all die.

I still have one of the tusks in my house.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.