[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /out/. I've never been here before; please be kind.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1443147127621.jpg (126KB, 640x692px) Image search: [Google]
1443147127621.jpg
126KB, 640x692px
hi /out/. I've never been here before; please be kind.

Looking to rent a cheap wood furnace cabin in the middle of nowhere (ideally in the New England area, but I can move around) for a literary month of isolation. Anyone have any recommendations, advice, experiences with similar endeavors?

pic unrelated because I don't really know what's contemporary on this site anymore.
>>
Do you have any experience outdoors?
Have you ever been camping?
What food are you going to bring?
Is it near water or do you have to bring a month worth of water?
What are you going to do for fun?
Why are you doing this?
>>
>>605461
>Why are you doing this?
did you read his post?

>>605427
OP I'd look up airbnb type accomodations, you can get some off the grid style cabins and stuff through there, which can be nice. no idea whether its possible in your part of the world though. dont know how "isolated" you're actually wanting to be. but if youre there for a whole month, it'd be good to get a place in the woods but near enough to a small village/town where you can go get more food from once a week/ every few days.

Also being a literary trip, you planning on writing by hand? or want a place that actually has electricity to use your laptop?
>>
>>605472
I'm actually primarily going to be reading and maybe keeping a journal. I picked up 14 boxes of books for free off a dude on craigslist and I want some time just for tearing through them.

So, in regards to electricity, I can work without it. My accommodations would be ideal if the main light source was candles and my only sources of heat being a wood stove/furnace. Just wanna read and chop wood.
>>
File: 1444064219620.jpg (14KB, 245x271px) Image search: [Google]
1444064219620.jpg
14KB, 245x271px
>>605427
>I've never been here before; please be kind.
don't say dangerous things.

>14 fucking boxes of books
>literary month of isolation
Sounds more like an eternal damnation to hell. Three or four GOOD books are more than enough for a month of meditations, if you have a sharp and balanced mind. Think about it.
>>
File: Meditations_on_the_Peaks_Cover.jpg (16KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
Meditations_on_the_Peaks_Cover.jpg
16KB, 267x400px
Pic related is a good choice for a similar experience!
>>
I live on the east coast of florida, near St. Pete, and I was about to ask the same question.

Anyone know of any reasonably isolated cabins up for rent in east-central Florida?
>>
>>606104
I want literary hell. Or, at the very least, some kind of personal hell.
>>
File: Heisenberg.jpg (4MB, 2700x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Heisenberg.jpg
4MB, 2700x3600px
I think I've worked out who OP is.
>>
>central fl anon spotted
Whoop whoop

Central fl anon here Altamonte area
>>
>>607573
I am OP and I can verify that I hate that show.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.