[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALICE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 7A_-_ALICEpack.jpg (773KB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
7A_-_ALICEpack.jpg
773KB, 2000x1339px
What's the pack pictured here? I want to make this ALICE pack; I know nothing.
>>
>>605224
A bad one. Go for commercial bags.
>>
>>605224
> buy medium ALICE pack w/frame
> start checking off list

I do not understand your confusion?
>>
>>605230
I was wondering the specific bag in the picture.

>>605228
Is it bad? Ok so would you think this is good:

http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Alice-Pack-Olive-Drab/dp/B000BFLFAS/ref=pd_bxgy_200_text_y

+ the Frame that's frequently bought together?
>>
Do you already have something like this? Like, do you know how lugging a heavy metal frame around with no padding feels?
I would definitely suggest going to an outdoors store and trying a bunch of different packs, they should have ALICE, MOLLE and your usual backpacking packs. I hate buying gear, especially packs and boots without know what it's going to feel like on me.
Are you using this for backpacking or is it for prepping?
>>
http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display.asp?subDepartmentID=157

This is where where I bought mine. I don't use it for innawoods though.

Go nuts.
>>
>>605261
Can't you just wrap the metal with foam and zip ties? I just got a used Alice pack and frame, the frame makes it goat.
>>
>>605308
> not using pool noodles from the $ store
>>
>>605261
You do realize that the frame doesn't touch your back right? It only does if you're bending over really far like your picking something up, even then it is not a problem. If it's touching your back them you have it adjusted wrong. This brings up another plus of the Alice pack, it allows a ton of airflow between your back and the pack, it is amazing in the summer.
>>
I've got an alice and an external frame kelty. The frame adds weight, there's no doubt about it. But unless your a minimalist its manageable.
>>
WiSport Sparrow 20L is a good bag. Not the one in the picture, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm001drekmU

Copy this guy, he knows what's up.
>>
>>605539
I was wondering when i'd see his channel on out, knowledgeable guy
>>
The bag pictured is the large size. I picked one up with all the frames and straps included for 40 dollars at a gun show. Great bag.
>>
I picked up an old Alice pack with frame for a hiking trip I took in july. Best purchase I could have made I think.
I was looking at some day packs on amazon pre trip and most decent sized ones (80l and up) were 60 plus doll hairs.

Went to fleet farm and grabbed one of those for 40 bucks! Couldn't have been happier. Well I do love the molly packs, they will always have a place in my heart, but this one was such a nice size.
Long story short, great bag for your buck.
>>
What's the sleeping bag and how was that and the water bottle attached?
>>
Hey im 100% for ordering a ALICE pack but i just wanted to know for a young camper and prepper do i need the frame?
>>
>>605814
You get medium or large?
>>
>>605809
How can you tell it's large?
>>
@6:25 aww shiet he browses /out/
>>
>>605238
The Pack in the picture is a USGI Medium ALICE pack. Don't get the Rothco one, that brand is notorious for low-quality goods. You can get genuine ALICE packs off ebay for cheap, though as has already been said, commercial packs are better if you're willing to pay more.
>>
Where can i order a military grade ALICE pack medium. A real version military version not the crap remakes?
>>
>>605921
the large one has two sets of pouches in the front, three large ones below and three smaller ones above.
>>606400
amazon and ebay have a few, but the prices for bags with frames and straps are disgusting. Next time there's a gun show in your area wander around, even if you don't find an ALICE pack you can usually find something else you need. A lot of vendors at the bigger shows are online sellers who discount their stuff at gun shows to clear inventory.
>>
>>605224
it weighs 8 pounds empty.
>>605228 speaks with wisdom, I've got both. I'd grab the ALICE bag for a walking dead scenario but carrying weight sucks. Pay decent money for a good pack.
>>
8 year military fag here.
Go to a military surplus, buy an alice frame. They shouldn't cost you more than $15. Buy an alice pack in decent condition (again should be cheap). There's variable sizes.

Get an iso mat and cut it up and shove in gap of the frame. Buy water proofing bags or just use trash bags. Shove all your shit in that you want to carry.
>>
>>605814
>looking for day packs
>sizes 80L and up
Wut?
>>
>>605224
I'll give you a tip,
if you get a frame, try to go for one without bars crossing over your spine and upper back,
if it crosses your lumbar region, thats fine, after you get the ideal frame (try and find a lightweight option),
Fishing Net, fucking fishing net mate, that shit is heaven. Weave it over your frame tight, it provides support and breathability depending on what you wear, but I've been doing it for awhile now and it is incredible, might not be for you but thought you might appreciate it.
Also take into consideration your stature, if your a big guy the outer frame may rub against your shoulder blades.
>>
some faggot on barfcome made a decent mod to the ALICE pack he calls the "Hellcat"

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_18/620597_Share_your_cheap_yet_potentially_valuable_tricks____.html
>>
>>607717
Or you just send it to Tactical Tailor...
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.