[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5

File: MVC-039F.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MVC-039F.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
Im going innawoods in a few days. only for one day and im gonna sleep out there too.

Its my first time going innawoods and i was wondering if you guys had any good tips, as well as, any core things i should bring or remember.

I got a glock 20, so that should cover me in terms of defense for the most part i think. Got a pack with a little sleeping bag, i just plan on rolling it out on the ground, maybe invest in a little tent later on. Also a few MREs.

I got plenty of basic stuff, like matches, tinder, flashlight, knife, etc.
>>
you'd be surprised how little you actually need bro.
Heres some bare essentials
-Water container (SS or Ti)
-Water filter
-lighter( or firesteel if you wanna seem edgy)
-hatchet or small forest axe( brand is up 2u)
you have MREs
-tarp (getting cold outside so duct tape a emergency blanket on it)
hammock or tent? up2u
-100ft or cordage
basicly it....beside your firearm w/ 2 extra spare mags and maybe a 50rd box.
>>
>>602410
100ft or cordage? what do you mean by that? and why.

yeah i got four 15 round magazines of some hot 10 mm loads. I dont even have bears in my area, and im well equip for even that.

I have no filter at the moment, but i have a few excellent contains for the occasion. Also something for boiling water/cooking in.

No hatchet at the moment, but for a one day one night excursion i think i wont need it right?
>>
10mm. safety: always off.
>>
>>602408
>>602408
If you're going to a campsite in bear territory and you plan on keeping sausage or something for breakfast remember to string up your food away from your tent. Nights are spooky enough your first few times out without critters trying to take your foodstuffs.
>>
>>602408

If you are a first timmer I recommend NOT carrying a firearm, because it only increases your fears that you will need it.

If there are bears or other potentialy troublesome creatures, I recommend taking a can of bearspray with you.

It is also lighter.
>>
>>602410
hahaha what a joke

do you really think you need a gun to survive outside for a night? let alone a 50 round box?

>>602431
this guy is right. I carry a firearm on long adventures but never more than a single mag. The fuck are you gonna do? kill a few families out there?
>>
>>602408
You'll want to put a tarp between you and the ground

Tarps are good for lots of stuff
>>
>>602432
really? I mean i've consulted with several /k/ommandos and they suggested I should have a long gun as well, and plenty of ammo for both my arms.

I am a rational and level headed person, so i dont see why not carry some extra ammo, just in case. I doubt ill go crazy because I have a gun, more so i would probably regret not taking it with me.
>>
>>602444
/k/ is about the most worthless board out there. They always have shit advice.

You don't need a gun to go /out/. It might make you feel better is all. If you don't even have bears where you live then what exactly do you need the gun for? There's not just random people walking the woods trying to rape you.

Seriously, if you bring a gun, 1 magazine is more than enough.
>>
>>602444
/k/ aren't outdoor enthusiasts as a general rule. They're generally the "prepper" type who acquire a bunch of gear "just in case".

Real /out/door enthusiasts like us don't think that way. We carry what we need, and only the basics for "just in case". A gun isn't required at all.
>>
>>602444
I respect /k/ as a knowledgebase for almost anything gun related, but jesus christ they're some mentally unstable folk.
>>
>>602444
Srsly? One handgun with a single magazine is enough. If an angry animal is charging you, you'll fire the first shot half accurately and the rest of the mag will be spray and pray. At that point it's either upon you or retreating/dead. There's no reloading in such a situation, and I really doubt you'll have two animal encounters requiring the discharge of a firearm during an overnight camping trip. Unless you're going hunting you don't need a long rifle.

How are you planning on camping? Are you walking far to the campsite or are you camping right off the road? Weapons and ammo weigh quite a bit.
>>
>>602408
You will wake up cold and wet most likely with just a bag on the ground. You'll want a tarp at least to keep you insulated from the ground. Invest in a sleeping pad. The cheapest ones (blue pads) are like $10 at walmart. If you like just sleeping on the ground like that, look for a bivy sack.

MRE's are okay as food. A little heavy, but I actually like the taste of them. I've only had the military ones though, not the commercial ones you can buy, although I'm sure the same companies make both.

For water, you will want to bring lots, or have a way to purify water. Iodine tablets work but I don't love them. Boiling water is fine. A filter is probably the best idea IMO. People love the sawyer filter, I have a life straw. Both will work. The lifestraw seems to be less popular because it's rated to filter less than the sawyer, but the lifestraw is better tested, and there are articles pointing out the sawyer filter does not filter as well as it should after some use.
>>
>>602444
>anime
>/k/
>stupid advice
Just another usual day.

Have a gun with you if it makes you feel better, but if you're going to carry a shitton of ammo and more than one gun I'll call you retard right here and tell you to join fellow /k/retins board.
>>
File: goddamit.jpg (86KB, 634x622px) Image search: [Google]
goddamit.jpg
86KB, 634x622px
>>602444
>asking /k/ if you should bring a gun

and did you ask /o/ if you should drive a car? what the fuck did you think they'd say?
>>
>>602458
>/k/ aren't outdoor enthusiasts as a general rule. They're generally the "prepper" type who acquire a bunch of gear "just in case".

You've never browsed /k/, have you? You described /pol/, not /k/.
>>
>>602545
>You've never browsed /k/, have you?
/k/ was the default out board for a long time until they created this one. I also take a hand gun when I go in the woods, where I live it's like taking pants when you go outside. But I also respect that some people don't/can't take a weapon.
>>
>>602458
>Real /out/door enthusiasts like us don't think that way.

What's this "we" shit? Who died and left you in charge?

Speak for yourself, asshat. Leave me out of your monolithic community fantasies.
>>
>>602555
Spoken like a true /k/ommando.

Put your tin foil hat back on and get back to /k/
>>
>>602552
>But I also respect that some people don't/can't take a weapon.

As do I. However, in the finest tradition of /k/, I'm morally obligated to respond to troll posts. All bait, no matter how stale or stanky, must be enthusiastically attacked. Believe me, it's not easy.
>>
>>602561
>Spoken like a true /k/ommando.

Nope. Spoken like a true individual. I don't need, nor do I want, you to speak for me.
>>
>>602569
You wear a lot of OD green clothes don't you?
>>
>>602573
No. It has no appeal. And when I was on AD, I was in the CG. No OD there, either. Actually, I mostly wear Carhartts.
>>
>>602561
Kek
>>
>>602453
There are some carzy fucks in the woods.Not too long ago there was some loony out in the woods up here in Canada who killed a few girls. Better to have a gun and not need it, stay safe friends.
>>
>>602578
Lots of acronyms. Definitely a /k/ommando.
>>
>>602583
Realistically, there's many more loony people NOT in the woods.

You're less likely to need the gun in the woods than in town.
>>
>>602587
>You're less likely to need the gun in the woods than in town.
How likely are you to have an injury? get lost? Better not take those first aid kits or few survival things.
>>
>>602587
That's true, but in the woods who's going to help you? If your solo its all on yourself so why not bring a gun?
>>
If you don't take extra ammo how are you gonna shoot the 30 pack of empty beer cans you drank
>>
>>602592
No one is going to help me in town either where I live. Closest police is 45 min away. I still don't need a gun.
>>
>>602590
The chances of having an injury are several thousand times more likely than needing a gun. Countless people are injured outdoors every day. Almost no one ever needs to use a gun in self defense outdoors.

I don't carry "survival" items either. Everything I backpack with is everything I need to survive already.
>>
>>602585
You'd be doing yourself a huge favor if you learn the difference between acronyms, abbreviations, and initializations.

Just sayin.
>>
>>602590
There's no point in carrying first aid kits. As simple as that. If you have an injury that you can take care with your fak the said injury can also be treated when you go back home, no need to carry that shit around.
>>
>>602583
Fucking canacucks killing woman. Are you guys gay?
>>
>>602597
Firing a firearm 3 times at 5 second intervals is a signal for distress.
>>
>>602597
Let me guess, you have a Mora and a tarp.
>>
>>602432
>do you really thing you need a gun to survive
no not at all.
Of course this isn't a BOB thread but you're either coming across as a noguns hippy/feminist or have some felonies thus making you try to feel inferior to those who DO have the right to partake in the glory of shooting.
OOH and has never ran into some creepy ass shit so consider yourself lucky.
>>602453
>Never ran into some creepy ass shit
>>Also should consider yourself lucky
>>602594
kek
>>
>>602600
An acronym is an abbreviation

Also, it's initialism, not initialization...idiot.

Initialism is also an abbreviation.

Learn English before you try and burn someone.
>>
>>602606
Implying some crazy fuck in the woods represents all Canadians
>>
>>602615
Ok, you got me on the initialism. Point to you. Now, show me where I used any acronyms in>>602578
>>
>>602444
You are the greatest /out/ ever saw.

But seriously tho: You def need all the 4 mags, and the long gun to; /k/ is right. Get a tent after you've tried bein camping, no need to get one just for one night tbh. Don't bring lighters as these often explode in the pack, instead bring only matches and keep them in the outermost and most easily accessible part of your pack (in case of needing to make fire quickly).
Water container a smallish coke bottle is fine. Actually that's all you need. Have fun and be safe
>>
File: canadian-mass-shooter (2).png (1MB, 944x536px) Image search: [Google]
canadian-mass-shooter (2).png
1MB, 944x536px
>>602622
>implying canacucks aren't mentally fucked up
Pic related
Pic related that also represents the average /k/retin
>>
>>602634
haha we do have some fucked up people but dont pretend that the US doesn't have a mass shooter rampaging regularly.
>>
>>602629
Not who youre asking, but depending in which dictionary you ask, initialisms are acronyms. The term acronym is accepted as describing an initialism in most texts.

>>602633
Just sayin
>>
>>602453
Check out this post fagot>>602701
>>
>>602432
>let alone a 50 round box?

Dude, that aint shit for ammo.
>>
>>602431
Don't do this OP, these fags are just dumb hippies who are afraid of guns.

>>602701
>>
>Not carrying extra ammo for plinking
>>
>>602640
We don't though, the news just makes it seem that way.
>>
>>602712
Unless you're going to shoot it for fun yes it is.
>>
>>602718
No its not, thats 3 magazines and 5 rounds to spare in the gun OP has. That aint shit for ammo especially since with a pistol you miss a lot.
>>
>>602713
>who are afraid of guns.
Don't start posting dumb shit like this or we turn it around and also start saying dumb shit like people who have guns are compensating for their small dicks.
>>
>>602723
Yeah, except what I said was true while what you are saying is bullshit. I don't fear stupid ignorant things coming out of your mouth.
>>
>>602720
>50 rounds
>ain't shit
Yeah you're right, go on and carry your 1000rds ammo box everytime you live your house.
>>
>>602732
Wow really? You are going to be that much of a fagot and act like 50 rounds is the same as 1000 rounds.
>>
>>602727
>what I said was true
The problem it was not. The only afraid people here are those, just like you, that feel the need to carry a gun for protection. Big badass but only inside their mids, /out/side they're scared little kids. Check mate, pussy.
>>
>>602649
>The term acronym is accepted as describing an initialism in most texts.

Yes, but the key thing is that it's used as a word. I used abbreviations, I did not use acronyms.

I got plenty of autism left. We could go on like this for another 50 posts before I even finish spooling up. I'm watching a Dustin Hoffman movie for inspiration.
>>
>>602757
>everybody who carries a gun outdoors is automatically a scared pussy
Surely this is a factual statement, and not the product of somebodies personal opinion, right?
>>
>>602718
>shoot it for fun

That's only about 99% of the reason for taking a gun innawoods. Skinwalkers is the other 1%.
>>
>>602764
Surely it was right in the bullseye that's for sure. Sorry for hitting you right in the feels. ;'(
>>
>>602723
Why are you so obsessed with my dick?
>>
>>602773
Have you ever considered that a gun is good insurance against animals? Something like bear spray or loud noises won't make a moose fuck off.
Also, you're posting the equivalent of "umad." Can you come up with something better?
>>
>>602776
Small dicks are for pussies, are you a pussy? If yes then buy a gun.
>>
>>602791
Found the teenager.
Don't you have a rainbow festival to go to?
>>
>>602757
Except the difference here is we are both afraid to die, you just don't think it is going to happen to you. You also have little bitchboy arms and legs so you can't handle an extra 3 pounds of gear so you make excuses like "it wont happen to me" even though bear attacks happen all of the time.

>>602773
You are talking to someone else here. The fact is you just come off as a little fagot who can't handle the fact that people carry guns. So you go out of your way to ridicule them.
>>
>>602791
Big dicks are for animals only useful for hard labor. You a dumb mule, boy?
>>
>>602777
>Something like bear spray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5cMZymSr0&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>602800
I couldn't care less about people carrying guns, I just pointed that saying people who doesn't like guns are afraid of them it's bullshit. Those who don't like guitars must be afraid of them too..
>>
>>602824
No, that's a false equivalency. People who don't like guns are almost always afraid of them. Just like people who don't like guitars are almost always find them irritating.
>>
>>602791
Textbook projection. Perfect.
>>
Getting this thread back on track...

I'm going out camping for a day in the UK.

I have a solo tent, winter sleeping bag, [spoiler]no gun[/spoiler] and shall take 2L of water and some food with me.

Anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>602791
Are you aware of the kind of person you're being right now? Is this the way an adult should act?
>>
>>602995
A pad for the ground goes a long way. The most basic ones are CCF (closed cell foam). About £7ish if you're in the UK. They will provide insulation and a little comfort.

A water filter is nice if you want to take water from an outdoor source. I like to bring more than 2L of water for an overnight trip, only because I drink a lot and use some for cooking.
>>
>>602612
you ever run into creepy ass shit?
>>
>>602408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm001drekmU
alfie has it right. bring your gun if you want because guns are fun.
>>
>>603045
If you dont go on weekenders pretty frequently you'll stay awake at night.
All those little noises that are so comforting during the day seem eerie as fuck at night.
As for creepy shit I've passed a dude only carrying a hatchet. He could see the expression on my face and said it was for personal protection.....this alone told me he wold use it in a defence protection....despite being pretty far from civilization.
Often I will have people meet me during excursions but they'll wait until fucking dark so I
have to be careful when I bring my guns out.
-also
if the buddies you like to go with know you are packing and they are packing too, they know to make some general noise-as do I- so we dont get fucked up.
I have had one friend try to sneak up on me and we both scared the shit out of each other.
bad times man.png
anyways OP keep your PP. Look at your states gun laws too. Get dat CCW!
any other questions?
>>
>>602408
A whistle.
No one on /out/ mentions this as an essential item.
>>
>>602995
UK has zero dangerous predator, and your Pakis stay in the city so you should be safe.
>>
>>603153
a rape whistle is all you need, amrite?
>>
>>603136
Yeah, how do you have people meet you during excursions? I wouldn't mind meeting up with someone, as I have no real life friends that like camping in the middle of no where.
>>
>defense
From what? The only things that can hurt you are too big to take down with a 10mm, or most guns for that matter.
>>
>>603435
most guns*

uh mate i think a .50 bmg kills almost every living thing you'll ever think of.
>>
File: 10mm mp5.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
10mm mp5.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>603435
>too big to take down with a 10mm
does not exist
>>
>>603354
I'm just sayin' that a whistle is an essential item for recovery in a survival situation. Anyone who argues the whistle as a non essential is an armchair expert and doesn't leave the basement.
>>
>>602453
>need

Faggot leave.
>>
Unless you plan to shoot some cans or a deer, or are sleeping in a weed plantation, there's no point in bringing a gun.
>>
>>603551
Not everyone goes their whole life violence free.
>>
Unless someone makes a cuben fiber gun there's no way I'm adding that shit to my base weight.
>>
>>603598
>cuben fiber
???
Also,
>Not manly enough to handle an extra pound and a half of weight.
>>
>>603602
I think jute grows in Cuba, so he's talking about a jute gun.

Lets assume that he's either conceptually challenged or ESL for a second.

Jute is used to make cheap rope and cordage, so I think we can safely assume that the anon was referencing the difficulties involved in bringing a line-throwing gun innawoods. They weigh considerably more than a couple of pounds, for starters. Jute ammo is bulky, heavy, and if it gets wet it turns into dreadlocks. Smells bad, too.

So, yeah, you don't want to bring a line-throwing gun if there's any way to avoid it.
>>
>>602499
maybe he should ask /d/ if he should bring futas too
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.