[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we make a very subtle Dick Proenneke /MGTOW patch? Just his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 13

File: dick-proenneke-alaska-cabin-36.png (99KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
dick-proenneke-alaska-cabin-36.png
99KB, 320x246px
Can we make a very subtle Dick Proenneke /MGTOW patch?
Just his face no lettering or maybe some stickers?
>>
>>601730
Are you that guy who's still trying to make a MGTOW commune in "colorado/new mexico?" You might want to get a bit farther along with that before making patches.
>>
>>601769
Not the same guy but much more culture needs to be build before an actual 3D community can come together. I my estimation even real planning stages for such an endeavor is at least a year away.
>>
I think the patch should be his head, iconic beanie and all.
>>
File: mgtow-fixed.jpg (146KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
mgtow-fixed.jpg
146KB, 1000x562px
>>601730
I admire and respect Dick for his unsurpassed /out/ism, but if you want a MGTOW patch try this.
>>
>>602022
Someone needs to edit that to 4chan
>>
>>601730
It may seem cool and edgy when your a kid but when your middle aged and never even had gf or wife let me tell you I don't recommend it. I realise not all of us will or can but there is no need to shill this.
>>
>>602063
Girlfriends are ok but having a wife is pants on head retarded.
If you have not figured this out yet then you need to do some research.
>>
>>601730
>MGTOW

This is the most pathetic movement I've ever heard of.
I bet if a girl showed even the slightest bit of affection all of you strong independent men who dont need no women would throw your beliefs out of the window.

Nevermind the fact that you didn't choose to go your own way. It's just that women don't want to go any way with you.
>>
>>602160
You do realize that the majority of MGTOW are PUA right?
>>
>>601730
If he was angry after feminism or shit like that, he would have mentioned it somewhere in his book, don't you think?
>>
File: kes2.jpg (12KB, 440x333px) Image search: [Google]
kes2.jpg
12KB, 440x333px
>>602165
Not a chance. He was a stoic type that was not about to whine about society. He just saw trouble on the horizon and deftly stepped aside.
>>
Dear MGTOW of /out/,

Stop trying to create a false legacy with Dick Proenneke to give yourselves a false sense of legitimacy by riding the coat tails of a more accomplished person.
>>
File: 1394216794635.gif (2MB, 196x270px) Image search: [Google]
1394216794635.gif
2MB, 196x270px
>appropriating other people's accomplishments to use them as badge for your own completely unrelated opinion on a topic
Absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>602219
Don't feminists do the same thing?
>>
File: 8912-5459.gif (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
8912-5459.gif
58KB, 320x240px
>>602219
>completely unrelated

The man actively stayed as far away from women as humanly possible. This cannot be denied.
>>
File: edit.jpg (295KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
edit.jpg
295KB, 1000x562px
>>602025
>>602022
>>
File: editfin.jpg (296KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
editfin.jpg
296KB, 1000x562px
>>602025
>>602231
>>602022
oops, wrong one
>>
What the fuck is this. One of my all time favorite people, my role model ever since I was in elementary school watching PBS, Richard Fucking Proenneke, having his image co-opted by venomous, sad, spiteful jokes of human beings.
>>
>>602226
There is absolutely zero verifiable proof of that he was motivated by a dislike of women.

Projecting their own motivations on to unrelated people in order to achieve accomplishment by association is further proof that MGTOW are really just scared little boys on the inside.
>>
>>602226
He also stayed as far away from men as humanly possible.
>>
Wasn't he married?
He spent time in the wilderness but he was having shit sent to him by his wife and sent her gifts in return. He obviously loved her and she respected his desire to live in the wilderness
Isn't that the precise opposite of mgtow
>>
>>602284
Its pretty clear that these niggers know nothing about dick at all, they just know he left society and thats why these neckbeards idolise him, because he did (although im sure for very different reasons) what they want to do (yet cant) because theyre such fucking failures as part of THIS system.
>>
>>602284
No, he wasn't married. But by all verifiable accounts Dick was a very friendly, social man who didn't really have a problem with women or really anyone. He welcomed visitors to his cabin and would like several miles just to greet and socialize with people who were camping near the lakes.

>>602295
He didn't "leave society" though, he retired. He spent the first five decades of his life as a normal, social, functioning member of society. He also worked really hard for his entire adult life and saved up to retire. He wasn't a survivalist or a doomsday prepper, he didn't have a problem with people or society, he didn't even live at Twin Lakes full time at first.

He's the complete opposite of a MGTOW NEET.
>>
>>602396
*HIKE several miles to greet and socialize with campers
>>
>>602396
>he didn't have a problem with people or society
You have no proof of that
>>
>>602409

Do you actually have proof that he didn't? Because the burden of proof falls on anyone claiming that he hated women and was trying to get away from them.
>>
>>602409
http://peninsulaclarion.com/stories/042803/ala_042803akpm001001.shtml#.VgxqgFUViko

I call him a modern-day Henry David Thoreau,'' said John Branson, a Lake Clark park ranger and historian who was a longtime friend of Proenneke's.

"Proenneke moved permanently to Twin Lakes in 1968 at age 52 after retiring as a diesel mechanic and heavy-equipment operator in Kodiak. Branson said Proenneke wanted to live deep in the wilderness out of a need for simplicity rather than to escape his fellows.

He was not to be misconstrued as an end-of-the-roader or anti-social at all,'' Branson told the Anchorage Daily News. He was extremely hospitable and gracious to visitors.''"
>>
>>602295
>uses nigger unironically
>calls other people 4chin neckbeard autists
wew lad
>>
>>602419
Dick also occasionally left the lakes to visit friends and family. In the mid-70s he owned a float plane and flew it between Alaska and Iowa to visit his family. Unfortunately in 1976 he was badly injured in crash landing and had to live with his brother in California until he was well enough to live on his own again.
>>
>>602417
The man left society altogether. That is not absolute proof but its better that you saying "Oh he was so polite, me must have loved all people equally including women".
No one will ever know for sure since the man is dead but the MGTOW case seems stronger than yours at least to me.
>>
>>602443
see
>>602419
>Proenneke wanted to live deep in the wilderness out of a need for simplicity rather than to escape his fellows.
>>
>>602443
>provided literal proof from a trusted account
>NO ONE KNOWS
>>
>>602447
That is a meaningless quote.
The way I see it, he did like people in small doses and was very friendly when they were around. It was the day to day grind that he did not like, and he damn sure did not want to be worn down day after day by some angry childish woman.
So yeah, not very strong evidence there anon.
>>
>>602450
>he damn sure did not want to be worn down day after day by some angry childish woman.

Maybe so, but that doesn't make him a MGTOW. You spergs are defined not by your lack of interest in marriage or relationships (which many reasonable men have) but your obsessive bitterness, inability to focus on anything but women, and near-fanatical determination to talk shit about women all the fucking time. Mr. Proenneke had none of these characteristics, making him an extremely poor example of a MGTOW.
>>
>>602450
OK, provide your evidence.
>>
>>602443
>The man left society all together

Except that he didn't. He had regular contact with society
>>
>>602455
>Maybe so, but that doesn't make him a MGTOW
actually, "if so" as you say, then that absolutely makes him a MGTOW.
You dont like MGTOW but you do not get to define it.
>>
>>602465
The occasional hiker or brief stints visiting family is hardly being part of society anon.
>>
>>602455
Don't forget the temper tantrums, refusal to take responsibility for anything, insistance that nothing is their fault and general neediness and attention whoring.
>>
>>602469
No, but flying your own plane from Alaska to Iowa to visit friends and family sure doesn't sound like a guy who avoided society.
>>
>>602455
>but your obsessive bitterness, inability to focus on anything but women, and near-fanatical determination to talk shit about women all the fucking time.

Not the anon you were talking to but damn that's about as right as it gets.
Many vegetarians never shut the hell up about meat
Many feminists never shut the hell up about men.
Many non-americans never shut the hell up about US americans.
Many [insert race/religious group/ here] never shut the hell up about [insert race/religious group here].

All those people (including outspoken mgtows) need to get over it and live their lives.
>>
>>602450
It says in that article he NEVER talked about women, marriage or disliking society. You're desperately reaching for evidence of something that isn't there because MGTOW so desperately want to claim a hero for themselves so they can validate their childish behavior.
Dick, by all accounts of his memoirs friends and acquaintances was simply a man who craved the solace of nature. He was not your woman hating anti social hero no matter how hard you search for proof that isn't there.
It's hard to believe MGTOWs can get any more pathetic but I suppose all this conjecture proves where there is a will there is a way
>>
>>602471
If he only did it once in a while, it sure does sound like someone avoiding society.
>>
Dick was actually motivated to retire to Twin Lakes after a close call as a heavy equipment operator that could have killed him.

It had nothing to do with women and absolutely no one can prove that it did.
>>
>>602480
No one said he was an outspoken MGTOW. He did it quietly and his actions spoke VOLUMES!
>>
>>602481
You can avoid society and not hate it. His friends literally say "he didn't hate society he loved simplicity" but I'm sure you'll keep imagining he did. Pitiful
>>
>>602466
Then Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber) was a MGTOW as well, since he lived in a shack away from civilization and avoided women. Don't like it? Think it makes you morons look bad? Tough shit. You don't get to define "MGTOW" even if you do like it.
>>
>>602484

Your actions speak volumes of your retardation
4/10 get better bait
>>
File: 0.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>602450
>he damn sure did not want to be worn down day after day by some angry childish woman.
>implying anyone would
>implying all women are childish and angry
>mfw

protip: they're not.

source: i'm married to one who isn't

gotta say, these threads are entertaining as hell. 15 years ago i believed all this kinda shit, too. fortunately i broke out of it and am a lot happier and less bitter now.
>>
>MGTOW

>Hey, look at me over here not needing you! I don't need anything from you! Look over and look at me not needing women or society!

>Look! Guys look! See, I don't need you!

>Fine, don't look! I'm gonna leave now because you're mean! I'm leaving now!

>Guys I'm leaving! Look! Watch me go! You'll be sorry when I'm gone!

>I'm really leaving this time!
>>
>OP wants to be MGTOW
>still ask society to make patch for him

Why don't you go your OWN WAY and make it fo yourself?
>>
>>602501
Why would even need a patch? So a bunch of society-avoiders can recognize each as they avoid society?

Like a society of some kind?
>>
>>602504
>>602501
>>602496
Why such anger?
I read somewhere that anytime there is a MGTOW discussion on the internet, women show up in droves pretending to be men.
How can you tell who the women are?
Men , even those who would never ever go MGTOW, LOVE MGTOW?
Why is that?
Because the more men that leave the field , the more women are left for the men that remain.
It is a huge boon for straight men.
So yeah , the ones yelling the loudest about what pathetic losers the MGTOW are? Those are women pretending to be men and they are scared.
>>
File: alvin.png (103KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
alvin.png
103KB, 235x215px
>>602516
your delusion is delicious

>believing you're arguing with WOMEN on 4CHAN
>mfw
>>
>>602518
Then why such venom?
You should be pro MGTOW because it will net you far more pussy over your lifetime if many of us leave?
Why is this not so?
>>
>>602516

>Wahh someone disagrees with my inherently stupid fad, must be a woman!
MGTOW are,unsurprisingly, huge babies who can't accept an ounce of criticism. No one cares if you want to abandon society. The problem is that you aren't; you're co opting a famous figure and trying to mold him into some anti society woman hating figure because the reality is that no one of importance believes what you believe. Dick proenekke was an incredible man and everytime some man baby tries to figure dick into a MGTOW it flies in the face of reasonable ad well adjusted people who see him for who he really is - a hard working man who craved the simplicity of nature, not some manchild pariah.

You want to "go your own way" ? Then shut the fuck up and do it and stop dragging a good man's name through your dirt
>>
>>602516
Nope, sorry. I'm not a woman, I'm a man. The reason I don't like MGTOW is because they're petulant little boys who make men look like angry morons.
>>
>>602519
I'd be all for MGTOW if you just shut up and went. But no, you have to be whiny hypocrites about it. "I'm leaving society! I'm self sufficient, just like Dick Proenneke! G-guys, make me a MGTOW patch, pretty please!! I want a club!!!!" No, fuck off.
>>
>>602527
You dont think thats a small price to pay for way more pussy?
>>
>>602532
I'd rather pay no price at all. A world in which MGTOW cucks just shut up and left, leaving me all their women in peace, is better than one where I have to endure their whining incessantly.
>>
>>602537
How will the idea spread if no one talks about it?
Who has whined in this thread?
>>
>>602549
>How will the idea spread if no one talks about it?

Why do you care if it "spreads?" I thought you went your own way.

>Who has whined in this thread?

>>601730
>guys make a mgtow patch for me!

>>602226
>>602443
>>602450
>Guys dick totally was a MGTOW, really, I mean it!

Come on, stop shilling.
>>
File: you're kidding, right.jpg (39KB, 552x739px) Image search: [Google]
you're kidding, right.jpg
39KB, 552x739px
>>602519
>implying i need or want more pussy
>implying pro-mgtow retards are draining the pool of available women in the first place

married to an /out/ wife, raising a future sc/out/. i'm doing okay
>>
>>602556
How is any of the whining?
>>
Jesus christ.

This is like those fat acceptance tumblr chicks using marilyn monroe as some sort of idol or symbolic leader for their dumbfuck movement, you know how stupid that looks, that's exactly what your doing now.

I cant imagine dick being a spiteful manchild like all these self proclaimed mgtow, read his journals, watch the stuff about him, read first hand accounts of his interactions with people. He just loved nature, so he ran TO it, he wasn't running away from anything.

i mean, i get this MGTOW movement, i figure its some sort of reaction to aggressive #downwiththepatriarchy post modern feminism.
>>
>>602567
Perhaps 'whining' is not the exact right word, but all those posts display a pathetic neediness (ironic from an "independent" mgtow) that's pretty darn close to whining.
>>
>>602588
Plenty of nice MGTOW anon, you just have not met them.
>>
>>602596
Im sure that's true, i figure that's probably because they're actually going their own way instead of just talking about it. And they good/nice ones probably don't need to throw the fact that they are MGTOW in your face every 5 mins.
>>
>>602604
Who has been throwing it in your face anon?
I dont think thats cool either.
However discussing it I think is fine.
>>
>>602608
A decent chunk of the online movement.

of course discussing the idea is fine, but it really depends on what were actually discussing...

The mgtow ideology is one of those ones i have issues with, i disagree with what a lot of people say about the movement, and what people apparently within the movement stand for. The (granted limited number of ) individuals ive interacted with who have identified themselves as mgtow, present in a way that leads me to believe they just hate women, and use the mgtow label as a way to spread/justify/meet others who share that hatred.

I dont think you can shrug off the idea of a relationship (of any kind) without being terribly angry inside. The label seems like it attracts a lot of angry people.
>>
>>602635
Well if you don't like them why don't you just leave them alone?
>>
>>602635
>I dont think you can shrug off the idea of a relationship (of any kind) without being terribly angry inside.

This is where I believe you are mistaken.
Most of us are just wanting to sit out of the game until the rules are given a good looking over.
For me its all the "rape culture " stuff being slung around at my college.
I personally dont see any rape culture at all at my school and I have a feeling that there is not much at other schools either, but none the less I feel constant pressure to walk on eggshells around women. After a while it gets to be a big deal.
I figure that if enough of us bow out, things will change or at least get to a place where they can be discussed.
>>
>>602650
It's harder to do when they get in your face, and especially when they try to hijack unrelated, respectable people for themselves.
>>
>>602650
Upon reflection this may be the best course of action.

Although i cant just let shit like this >602658 slide...i mean i feel like i need to be a voice of reason or something

>the game
>the rules

there is no game, there are no rules, the fact that you think there are dictates your actions.

>i feel constant pressure to walk on eggshells around women

That feeling comes from your own insecurities, if you deal with those, and the internal underlying issues your quality of life will significantly improve.

>expecting society to change without taking any action to change it...

I refuse to believe that you really think this is a viable option to bring about meaningful change.

>im not angry im just fed up

Accepting your feelings is the first step in the healing progress.
>>
>>602672
>there are no rules,
Culture is rules anon. There is acceptable and unacceptable behavior. What is socially acceptable is changing in ways that I do not like.
MGTOW is the best way I have found to navigate the changing waters.
Cultures change in colleges first and I am at ground zero.
You may have long since graduated and do not now how things are or perhaps are at a conservative school. All I can say is that great change is happening and its pretty hard to deny from my vantage point.
>>
>>602686
No, culture is perceived rules, perceived socially acceptable behaviour, people break these rules every day and are not punished for doing so. Of there is no punishment or enforcement of these rules beyond the disapproval of others, then the rules dont actually matter.

The rules that matter are laws.

While you think your position at "ground zero" gives you a unique insight into whats happening, i have to tell you, that you are mistaken.

You are a college student, you exist in a bubble that does nor represent reality.
>>
>this fucking thread

Literally no one gives a fuck about MGTOW, except that MGTOW do absolutely pants on head retarded shit like what they've been doing in this thread - perverting a iconic figure for the sake of their own movement.

SEVERAL threads on /out/ have been derailed by MGTOW children shitposting, spamming and whining about their own inadequacies and blaming it on the rest of society. The homestead threads for example - when the majority agreed they'd rather build with women than self proclaimed rapists, threads were spammed for days with butthurt
And then there is the intellectual dishonesty! This entire thread was spent debunking false claim after false claim and instead of owning up to being entirely wrong about who Dick Proenekke was and what he did, you all veiled it under "wahh ur all being so mean to me!". Because that is the reality. Instead of owning up to being wrong, MGTOW whine and cry about unfair treatment when it's truthfully just them being shown how ridiculous they are.
>>
Im so disappointed that MGTOW is a thing.

And the irony of a bunch of men going their own way by joining a group.
>>
>>602699
Dude those threads were MGTOW threads from day one.
Once people realized that and made their own threads, MGTOW stayed out of them.
If anything the MGTOW threads were spammed .
>>
>>602703

I was there at the beginning of each of those threads. They weren't MGTOW. If they were they certainly weren't advertised as such.
I clearly recall the beginning of the first thread. The OP said he wanted to get to fucking doing a homestead and everyone agreed. One guy wanted to bring his wife and everyone except ONE asshole was fine because "i have rape fantasies/you'll have to share your wife with the community LEL"
Everyone told him he was retarded and they didn't want a rapist among them and so when everyone agreed it wasn't a MGTOW project he got butthurt and proceeded to spam the next two threads.
Like I said they're petulant manchildren with a pitiful inability to handle criticism.
>>
File: MGTOW.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>602719
Anon, every single one of those threads... Every one for the last 8 months has begun with this image and this filename.
Every
Single
One
>>
>>602726

Even if it did, guess what? Literally no one was on board for any MGTOW rapist fantasy shit. By the second and third homesteading thread the MGTOW crowd could have long made a new thread with more clear idea of what they wanted. But instead of doing so, they spammed thread after thread.

And even WITH the filename, we've fucking established that Dick fucking Proenekke isn't a MGTOW.
>>
>>602743
Dude , you are wrong. All those threads were MGTOW threads, no one paid much attention to them until rapey feeling derailed the whole thing and everyone came to see what was going on.
Once people started making non MGTOW threads, there were about 10 negative posts then they were ignored by MGTOW.
Check the archives mate. Its all there.
>>
>>602765

None of the recent threads have been MGTOW. I would know since I've been in them (except for that "never marry" troll bait thread maybe)
2, 3 months ago? sure whatever. But certainly not the Maine homestead.
Either way the point stands. No one in the past 3 months wants any involvement in MGTOW and no true sc/out/ wants MGTOW tarnishing Dick Proenekke's name.
Take your trash elsewhere if you want asspats.
>>
>>602765
Actually, the non-MGTOW threads seem to be doing a hell of a lot better than the MGTOW ones. The Maine homesteaders have managed to get a google doc together. The MGTOWs haven't even decided on Colorado or New Mexico yet.
>>
>>602793
That sounds about right...
>>
>>602726
Well if you break it down, he was a man, and he did go his own way. But I agree he doesn't not embody that movement at all, I think Ted kaczynski does though.
>>
>>602841
If you really break it down, all men are men who are going their own way, the idea that you need to shrug off relationships or society or...well...anything to meet the criteria is bloody ridiculous, i dont need a damn label to tell me im walking my own path.

A man who is alive is going his own way, he makes the decisions that govern his life, no one else, people can tell you what they want you to do, but the end say about what a man does or doesn't do lies with the individual.
>>
>>602793
Is this a competition ?
>>
What does MGTOW mean?
>>
>>603504

google is your friend, quit bumping this thread
>>
>>603528
But why did you yourself bump the thread anon?
>>
>>603504
It means beta males who can't get girlfriends or who are literal faggots.
>>
>>603657
Pretty sure there are no gay MGTOW.
They dont have to worry about knocking up some chick and having to pay child support for 18 years.
>>
>>602869
anon it only means we dont marry
>>
>>605432
So then why don't you just call yourself a bachelor instead of getting a funny acronym and attaching a bunch of "levels" to it like some kind of D&D larper?
>>
>>605446
Because a part of it is activism anon.
The culture needs to change and we aim to push a bit.
Everyone should bring all their ideas out into the marketplace.
I am sorry it annoys you.
>>
>>605453
>we aim to push a bit.

Then don't act surprised when you get some pushback, and if this thread is any indication, you got a long ways to go before you can even think of making any sort of change.
>>
Why go MGTOW when you can bring your qt gf with you? Ever had sex on the beach of Lake Superior out inna woods with a fire burning and Bon Iver playing softly in the background? You little shit's are missing out.
>>
>>605489
*shits

Thank you, autocorrect.
>>
It's faggy to label a man something like MGTOW when he is dead and can't defend himself.
It's like when feminists just make the claim that any woman that did anything interesting was a feminist.
>>
>>603909
Yeah... No there are gay guys that go their own way, it's just they tend to either be in the closet or view relationships as something artificially created and draining. About as sad as straight ones but this time with added venom to women and on top of that with a weird criteria of who is the 'proper' partner that will slavishly devote their life to them but at the same time be as distant as them too.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.