[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>white people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73 REgj-3UE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (510KB, 517x390px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
510KB, 517x390px
>white people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE
>>
>>595238
Wait, let me put an add blocker on before I check out your viral marketing
>>
>>595238
What a scrub. He doesn't even Mora.
>>
>>595238
Fucking based. I would have added a window though.

I wish I could find a good source of clay in my area to do that.
>>
That's fuckin amazing....he didn't use anything but things he found in the forest....holy shit.

I'm such a zero compared to this guy.
>>
Pretty impressive.
>>
>>595238
The first time I saw this, on /out/, I was blown away. This video is fucking cool, and that dude is rad.
>>
>>595238
LEAVE NO TRACE
E
A
V
E

N
O

T
R
A
C
E
>>
>>595238

I'm honestly blown away. That's actually pretty amazing. Just missing a window for light.
>>
Any tricks for finding clay?
>>
You guys realise he builds these over months right? Also, nice viral marketing.
>>
I don't think it's him posting it for the 300th time you mongs...

this is his blog https://primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/
>>
It's pretty cool he's preserving history. That being said, I'd much rather have a cozy log cabin.
>>
I've been interested in using clay for a long time. In the video it seems he's just grabbing it straight from the ground? What if your soil has too much or too little clay?
>>
It's impressive but he didn't film it while raining for an obvious reason : his roof is shit.
>>
>>595864
>His roof is shit

Why? Tiles seem like a pretty good option considering the climate. Won't rot away, won't catch fire...
>>
>>595238
>If you could take one thing to a desert island, what would it be?
This guy.
>>
I love how people use "white people" as an insult for when people do something that takes skills they would not ever bother to learn to use.

>>595824
Leave no trace is all well and good, but first, you don't know where this guy is BUILDING this. It could very well be private property. All we really know is he's in Australia, which doesn't tend to operate on the "leave no trace" mindset anyway.

>>595842
So what? Would you be able to build that structure in a day? A week? By yourself, with hand made tools?

>>595849
I've lived in log cabins... "cozy" isn't a word I'd use. "drafty" is.
>>
>>595879
How autistic are you, seriously? If anything It was a compliment to say white people. We're on out, we respect out skills. Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>595842
more like a couple of weeks if he is doing it in his spare time.
i can build a house of this size in an afternoon with some cheating.
>>
>>595877
>in desesrt with the guy
>no trees
>no clay
>no earth to make loam
>he is useless but cunning
>he kills you takes your stuff and eats you to survive
>
>>
>>595872
a) it is very heavy relative to the underlying structure
b) you can see daylight between the tiles, so the untreated wood and cordage that holds it together will most certainly rot away
c) those tiles will weather poorly. Split and crack, lugs will break off, etc.

The whole thing is muskrat level technology. Lots of work and certainly cool if you are a NEET who has loads of time but no money, but it is functionally inferior to purpose engineered building materials.
>>
>>595879
> drafty
>2000 +15.7
> living in a shitty, drafty log cabin

Perhaps you need a better built cabin and not a shitty, drafty cabin?

I lived in my log cabin for three years straight and it is still well built and not drafty.
>>
>>595975
if the log cabin is drafty you did something wrong, but even if there are holes left you can just stuff moss and whatnot in the holes.

you can also touch it up with mud and forest debris from the outside if you don't mind the look.
>>
>>595980
Wrong anon, anon. My log cabin is solid.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mtpaijzewu1s6fbfq.gif (11KB, 430x266px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mtpaijzewu1s6fbfq.gif
11KB, 430x266px
>>595872
As said earlier, you can see light through the tiles, which means they are not overlapping enough. For a flat tile to be efficient, you need to overlap the first tile with the third row, or the water will pour between the second row tiles.
>>
Also his ridge tiles don't overlap so water will flow between them.

It's impressive, but not that much, given enough time and clay, anyone can build that kind of hut.
>>
>>595971
How would you construct one?
>>
>>596708
I would get a chainsaw and fell some trees as a start. Cut them into logs to dry, meanwhile construct an Alaskan mill so I could square them up and such.

If you mean how would I construct a shelter according to the rules the guy in OP has set for himself, I wouldn't. Not only because spending that kind of time on something like that does not interest me, but also because arbitrary limitations on technology don't either.
>>
>>596718
>because arbitrary limitations on technology don't either.

I work at a local pioneer reenactment farm (you know the type), but I am one of the behind the scenes guys who sees to it the farm actually functions, so I get to use semi modern equipment. None the less, i wish others thought like you.
>>
These are cool but it seems like his environment is good for building primative huts and shit

Try doing this in the north
>>
I live in a log cabin. It's not drafty at all. It gets hot as fuck in the upper floor in summer and winter.
>>
>>596964

>No stone in north
>No clay in north
>No trees in north

Amirite?
>>
>>597263
plenty of stone
no clay (well not much to be making stuff like him)
trees and vegetation is usually are all curvy, highly varied, much more difficult to work with that the stuff in his surroundings.
>>
>>595824
leave no trace is for fags and hippies and you're both of those things

Love,

/k/
>>
>>597263
He is obviously in the north though?? Look at how tropical the area is
>>
He has already stated that he does it as a hobby in the back of his mates property, not random bush land.

Hes in FNQ btw.
>>
>>595898
not if you kill him first
>>
>>598739

>leave no trace is for fags and hippies and you're both of those things

Seconded
Best regards

Random inhabitant from /k/
>>
>>595971
Oh look another keyboard expert. No shit better materials would be better. Fucking christ the egotistical autist on this site.
>>
>>598739
>>598771
Shut up, mall ninja
>>
File: 1438524242540.jpg (29KB, 390x469px) Image search: [Google]
1438524242540.jpg
29KB, 390x469px
>>595898
jokes on him im full of snakes
>>
>>595971

Show us your cabin then.

Oh right, you don't have one because you're just an armchair zilch.
>>
>>598739
>leave no trace is for fags and hippies and you're both of those things

Thirded
Best regards,

Yet another denizen of /k/.
>>
>>595238
This guy is actually what brought me to /out/ and to lesser extent /diy/
>>
>>598739
>>598771
absolute faggots that dont respect dat dere inna woods aesthetic

Love,
actual has gunz /k/
>>
>>600049
Glad to see you aren't comprised solely of cunts over there. Just mainly.
>>
>>600055
ya were not all total /k/unts. being an outdoorsman is about preservation as much as its about enjoying nature.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 960x600px
>>600049
This.
Eagle scout and responsible gun owner from /k/. I love the outdoors, and I hope we can keep it from becoming the dump some people make of it.
>>598771
Its people like you that give humans a bad name. I sure hope if intelligent life finds us, they don't skip our planet because of you and the two people who agree with you that may or may not be you samefagging.
>inb4 its bait bro just let it go
No, maybe it's not bait. Even if it is, there are actually people who will defend it.
The preservation of wildlife is possibly the worst overlooked thing by the genral populance. I, along with many others, just want to go back to our natural habitat every now and again, and I'll be damned if anyone tries to ruin that for me.
>>
as a person who practices LNT, there is a time and place were you can do this stuff, so stop shitposting about leave no trace pls
>>
>>598739
It's really hard being a /k/ Sc/out/, cos we hate hippies so damn much.
>>
File: 1441848426413.jpg (124KB, 726x677px) Image search: [Google]
1441848426413.jpg
124KB, 726x677px
>>595971
Ya don't say?

The video looks like North-East Queensland btw.

Yeah, It'll rot, he'd be working on upkeep a lot, whats the big deal? Do you think it'll lower its selling price/potential rent? Its a good damn shelter you doped up shit-monkey.
>>
What do you people post when you want someone to leave the board? It's not like saying >>>/out/ will work
>>
>>602975
Can't speak for the crowd, but I've used
>>>/b/
and
>>>/mlp/
depending on the nature of the offense.
>>
>>597270
How much further north are we talking? Here in Sweden there is plenty of straight trees.
>>
>>598739
nah, you're probably some inna city dweller that goes on some 1 day barbeque trip twice a year when his adhd kicks in
t. /k/
>>
>>603433
>>595824

Oh boy this guys shitty clay and wood shack sure is going to destroy the equilibrium. Yep.

Seriously you LNT fags need to stop treating this like a religious belief. I am all for cleaning up and not ruining nature but holy fuck. If I make a fire pit or a small lean to it isn't the end of the fucking world. Fucking pretentious asshole here I swear.
>>
>>603456
If I found this shit shack in the woods I'd knock it down.
>>
>>603488
>t. basement dweller
>>
fucking white ppl dude

this is possibly the whitest video I've ever seen

made even more white by all the whites excited in the comments
>>
File: Julius_Blazer.jpg (118KB, 738x931px) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Blazer.jpg
118KB, 738x931px
>>603488
Ok? Big fucking deal. Oh boy you knocked over dirt, clay, and wood the Earth is ruined. Not like whoever built it couldn't come back and build it again.
>>
>>595860

He shows clearly a clay deposit near a stream that he uses for his pottery. Watch closer. In another video he tests soil for its clay content by making a tiny bowl and firing it to see if it would hold up or not, and im guessing he does that to most deposits he want to use.

I'm wondering why he crushes up leaves and adds them to the clay before he works with it.
>>
>>603622
Maybe like some sort of binder perhaps???
>>
>>597270
the fuck are you on about? Canada has the largest evergreen forests in the world and that shit is wicked easy to work as well as being relatively staight.
>>
>>603501
yea I mean if he was black it would be comprised of grass and shit amirite?
>>
>>603625
>>603622

Tempering:
http://www.practicalprimitive.com/skillofthemonth/tempering.html
>>
>>595838
dig?
>>
>>600030
>/out/
>/diy/
World Class
>>
I love watching videos like this. If I was gonna build a shelter like this then I'd use modern tools (chainsaw, post hole diggers, shovels, etc) but I truly enjoy seeing other people go full on 'tribal mode' and make something using only their hands and ingenuity.
>>
>>595238
This is fucking amazing!
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.