[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The call of the wild: Man takes his part-wolf best friend, L

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 29

File: Loki Hammock.jpg (416KB, 962x962px) Image search: [Google]
Loki Hammock.jpg
416KB, 962x962px
The call of the wild: Man takes his part-wolf best friend, Loki, on incredible outdoor adventures.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3234264/Man-takes-best-friend-Loki-Wolfdog-incredible-adventures-doesn-t-want-locked-away.html
>>
>>593907
That man is having sex with that dog
>>
File: Loki.jpg (295KB, 962x962px) Image search: [Google]
Loki.jpg
295KB, 962x962px
>>593907
>>
File: Loki View.jpg (239KB, 962x962px) Image search: [Google]
Loki View.jpg
239KB, 962x962px
>>593909

Go back to /b/.
>>
File: Loki Out.jpg (427KB, 962x962px) Image search: [Google]
Loki Out.jpg
427KB, 962x962px
>>593913
>>
>>593907
He's a fucking idiot who got sold a spitz-breed dog and told it was part wolf. Real wolfdogs have very defining wolf-like features and are very skittish and act oddly around people.
>>
>>593921
Also holy shit he lets it run leashless? Not only is this illegal on a lot of government land but its a disservice to the animal and to others. Spitz breeds have a very high prey drive, so they naturally will run at other animals. So if someone is walking their dog they need to worry about his.

His dog is going to end up shot when it charges someone and they freak out, and unfortunately, they will be in the right. Wish this dog's owner was fucking put down.
>>
>>593909
Well it IS a pretty dog.
>>
>>593922
Fuck, I don't care how loveable your dog is if it running unleashed and barrels out of the woods at me acting at all aggressive, I'm putting it down. I usually have kids with me, I'm not taking chances on a strange, unattended mutt.
>>
>>594046
>killing a dog
>being this much of a pussy
Shame on you, faggot
>>
File: farmerpsy.png (255KB, 554x520px) Image search: [Google]
farmerpsy.png
255KB, 554x520px
>>594046
>I usually have kids with me
kek
>>
>>594047
Fuck off, dogs kill more people per year than most other animals I could encounter /out/. If you can't be bothered to leash your dog, I can't be bothered to give a fuck when I put it down for acting aggressive.
>>
>>594050
And then I can't be bothered to make the rest of your whole life miserable.
>>
>>594057

Being this upset over an expendable animal

kek
>>
>>594059
You can bet it brah. If a gun toting faggot ever kills my dog he must kill me too, otherwise he will never have peace in his life again, neither his family.
>>
>>594064

I agree with you completely... Too many people shitting their pants if the leaves rustle the wrong way get themselves a gun and go apeshit then claim it was self defense 'cause they were too scared to actually think straight.

I have never encountered a dog I was afraid of, even ones whose owners told me that they were mean to strangers ect..

>>594059
>expendable animal
You and people who think like you are the truly expendable ones.
>>
>>594050
If you killed my dog, I would kill you. It's that simple.
>>
>>593909
I would too if I could.
>>
>>594076
This.

Humans are both the most aggressive and the most expendable animals on the planet.
>>
>>594046
I hope you're ready to be put down, because as deep innawoods as I go, nobody's finding shit for a long time. you don't fuck with a man's car, house, or dog
>>
>>593907
if an unsuspecting hunter sees a wolf running after a guy on a snowboard he will shoot it before you can say boo
>>
>>594046
dogs are exactly like kids tho what if somebody shot your kid for being off the leash innawods?
>>
>>594046
I carry a gun too. If my dog gets away from me and you shoot it, I will shoot you while you shoot her. Go ahead and make the egotistical mistake that just because you carry a firearm you can make decisions by it. It will be the end of you. Happy trekking.
>>
>>594115
Yeah m8, kids regularly maul people to death
>>
>>594183
I believe you can shoot dogs that are harassing wildlife in Colorado

Also dogs count as possessions and in many places you wouldn't be justified in using lethal force to defend them, so you'd spend some time in jail for that
>>
>>594184
they are the death of me for sure
their voice is like getting your inner ear flayed
they carry more diseases than a flea ridden scabby rabid hyena
kids are no joke man
>>
File: Catchpole.jpg (5KB, 236x300px) Image search: [Google]
Catchpole.jpg
5KB, 236x300px
>>594046
>>594050
>>594064
>>594076
>>594111
I'm actually the OP. As much as I like having dogs around, some are just dangerous and have to be stopped.
>Law enforcement officer in previous occupation
>Get 911 call dog has attacked and bitten 6 year girl in the stomach.
> 30 seconds later get 2nd 911 call dog has now attacked and bitten 10 >year old boy in the back of the knee.
> Arrive on scene about a minute later (Smallish town).
>Try to use catchpole; Nope, dog too aggressive to get near.
>Back off and get dart rifle.
>Load dart with rompun/ketamine mix to sedate the dog.
>Dart the dog perfectly in the shoulder muscle, and he is instantly ticked >off.
>Dog charges and closes the forty foot gap in the blink of an eye.
>Throw rifle into left hand, shoot from the hip as I'm quick drawing my >Glock.
>Dog is now only 6 feet away, and is hit between the eyes with a .40 S&W >Federal Hydra-shok.
>Dog is killed instantly, but his momentum carried him forward to where his >nose touched the toe of my boot.
>Dog was 70 pound black Chow with studded fighting collar.
Kids went to hospital, but were OK. Vet cut the dog's head off, and jammed a plastic drinking straw into its brain to get a sample to test for rabies (it was negative).

tl;dr: Dogs go nuts and attack people
>inB4 I only shot and killed dog because it was black...
>>
>>594194
>70 pounds
dude that is a very small dog you could have just sit on it
>>
>>594194
Did you practice the quick draw and hip fire or was it natural
>>
>>594194
>leo
>trigger happy faggot
Seems pretty accurate.
>>
>>594214
give a man a gun and he will find a way to use it instead of something more appropriate.

i was weirded out by the dart gun thing it's not a fucking bear or wild boar. grab baton grab pepper subdue dog call owner make him pay the fine.

altho if a dog attacks a human it will be put down eventually in most countries. not sure why if the fucking owner locks up his dog properly the dog doesn't need to die and frankly you are responsible for everything your dog does.
>>
>>594047
>>594048
>>594111
>>594115
>>594183
>>594194

Dog owners are literally the most entitled people followed by smoker and bikers
>>
>>594212
It's something that's practiced at the police academy, but it always came naturally for me. Obviously it's better to use the weapon's sights, but sometimes you have to take the only shot you can get.

The funny thing was that in the back of my mind I thought that if I had shoot the dog, try not to shoot it in the head, so that the brain could be tested for rabies. The plan went out the window, when the dog charged me, and I fired straight at its head. Fortunately there was enough brain left to test.

Unfortunately darts don't work instantly like they do in the movies, and if you guess the dog's weight wrong, you can accidentally kill it. It is kind of cool to watch the dogs trip out on ketamne before they take a nap.

It's weird how quickly a self-defense shooting takes place and ends. It was only about 5-6 seconds between firing the dart, the dog attacking, and having to fire my pistol. It happened so quickly, that the eight people that watched it happen, thought the pistol shot was the noise of the dart rifle. There were impressed at how quickly the dog dropped, but were then confused why it was bleeding out of its face through a large hole.
>>
>>594221
i think you forgot parents and faggots and welfare niggers
>>
>>594227
They should issue loony toons style net guns
>>
>>594214
>>594217
Except I used the appropriate animal control tools - catchpole and dart rifle. If I had used a baton and pepper spray, it would be "Pig just wanted to beat and mace a dog." I used the dart rifle because it was the best long range tool, but geography limited my options, and I had to be close to dart it. Learn a little bit about animal control; dart rifles are humane, and not just for exotic animals.

Oh, I know reading skills aren't a 4chan requirement, but I was the third human it had attacked in 10 minutes. Since school was getting out it was going to be a target rich environment for the dog.

I have a farm out in the country and owned seven dogs of my own, so don't think I wasn't going to try to do everything I could save it. But this is reality, and not everything has a happy ending or is rainbows and unicorns.
>>
>>594233
baton is not for beating the animal its something to chew for him instead of you
>>
>>594233
Yeah don't listen to the dog-liberals, you did the only safe thing.
>>
>>594235
Wrong, that is what the catchpole is for: the dog end of the pole is coated with plastic so they don't break their teeth when their trying to chew on it. This dog was smart though he didn't care about the catchpole, and just wanted to bite legs. The studded fighting collar should clue you in that this wasn't Lassie, it was trained to fight.
>>
>>594233
it's just weird for me in my entire life i never felt the need to shoot or kill a dog and a couple of times the stupid owner sicked his dog on me for whatever fucked up reason in his mind.

i just grabbed them by the throat and put them to the ground sure they scratched me all over with their nails but that was the extent of the damage overall.

the one time a bog not my own bit me was when i tried to capture a stray dog and i was way too gentle with it the poor bastard was fighting for his life and i tried to subdue it gently and it slipped out of hand. bit right through the glove and broke the skin i had a fun couple of days till it turned out it was not rabid.
>>
>>594239
yeah people put studded collar on their dog for 2 reasons 1 they enjoy it getting into fights with an unfair advantage 2 they live in wolf country and the dog is a guard dog.
>>
>>594244
Or the most common, 3, it's a fashion accessory sold at any pet store
>>
>>594249
people do that over there?
i have seen dogs with blinking leds and even pink leather bling with swarovski stones, but i never seen a studded one i think.
>>
>>594229
That'd be pretty cool. Dart rifles are supposed to be the top of the heap for humanely dropping animals, and they can still be pretty hit and miss.

I got a call from the vet one day. He was trying to catch a dog with a nasty cut and infection that someone had spotted in their neighborhood, and had hired him to help. The dog ran away from everyone, and we needed to catch it so it wouldn't die of sepsis. We had to dart it several times, becuase ended up needing three times the dose of sleepy juice for its weight to make it slow down. Even then the dog never even fell asleep.

The problem is that medicines don't work the same for all dogs; just like they don't for all people. (It has to do with the cytochrome p450 enzymes in the liver that deal with metabolizing drugs.) So net gun would be awesome.
>>
>>594240
>I've not had trouble with dogs in the past, therefore they are not dangerous at all

Can't believe how many people in this thread can't just be responsible dog owners and leash a dog. They can hurt people, people should be able to defend themselves from that.
>>
>>594240
Neither did I until that day; then again I didn't choose the call or prefer the outcome. However, I wasn't going to go hands on with a dog that had already sent two people to the hospital. The bites on the kids weren't just nips, they were grab, shake and tear.

I have extensive experience with dogs and had fewer than six dogs at anyone time (benefit of farm life). I never shot a dog before, and have only put one down with a bullet since. It was a small poodle that was attacked by a hawk. The vet was in another county, and I didn't want my dog to suffer for the hours that it would take for him to show up to put it down.

>>594244
>>594249
I don't live in wolf country, and have never seen another collar like it on a dog in the area before or since. It was a specialty item and not something you get at Petco.

Also nobody ever claimed ownership of the dog, so it shows how much they cared about it.
>>
>>594239
If you can't handle a dog how are you supposed to deal with a wild nigger? Mag dump?
>>
>>594257
Not to mention all the behind the scene shenanigans you could get into, no body wants to be tased or pepper sprayed but getting netted could be good for a semi safe laugh
>>
>>594266
No need for a mag dump, I only had to ask politely, but firmly. People learned from the dog's mistakes, so its death wasn't in vain.
>>
>>594267
Lol, you must've been a fly on a wall at a police station.
>>
>>593907
>>
>>594214
>>593922
>>594046
>>594217

Purpose of /out/: share out related stories and experiences.
> I like dogs and news stories about /out/
>Post thread about same.
>Anon wisely points out that owner is not the most responsible and correctly asserts that dogs can be dangerous.
>Support this anon's assertion by posting my own /out/ jrelasted dog story.
>Get called "trigger happy faggot" by some /b/tards with reading comprehension issues that think using dart rifles in an attempt to humanely catch predatory animals is "weird."
>Suddenly remember why I prefer outside to /out/.
>>
>>594275
Not a furrie, but I understand your rage.
>>
>>594285
>/b/tard
Dog killer pls
>>
>>593907
I've been bitten in the face by a pit bull as an adult, lots of friends were bitten as children, mainly in the face. It always leaves scars, emotionally and physically.

Every time I'm hiking and someone passes by with their dog not on a leash I try to remain calm but inside I'm freaking out and ready to go into defensive posture. It would be an understatement to say it makes me extremely uncomfortable. I hope if any of you out there are hiking and have dogs you will keep them on leashes. Some breeds just can't be controlled in certain situations.

I get that you love them and their loyalty, but that loyalty is also what causes them to kill defenseless children if they see them as a threat to you or "the pack". Dogs are vicious animals that can kill, and by not leashing a violent breed dog you are basically doing the same thing as swinging around a loaded firearm with the safety off.

And to people that say they will kill a human for killing a violent dog, you have no sympathy for human life and deserve to die in a fire.
>>
>>594287
Purported human being that cares more that a dog was instantaneously euthanized without pain, but has no sympathy for young children left with scars and a lifetime fear of dogs:

>Yes, you own the /b/tard title.

No child should be afraid of dogs. They should only have happy memories relating to them. It was the owner's fault and not the dog's it only suffered the consequences of its owner's poor choice. Save your outrage for him and your sympathy for them. I had no malice when I shot the dog. It's stupid to not be concerned that could cause permanent nerve damage and the lose of the use of a limb with a single bite.
>>
>>594289
Were you trying to give it a kiss or what?
>>
>>594289
OP here. Sorry about your experience, I didn't mean to trigger anybody, by posting this. It just seems somewhat rare to see interesting/out/ related stories in the news I'm actually on your side in the debate, as I indicated by posting my experience in having to protect myself from a dog. Too many irresponsible owners out there, and dogs should be controlled when taken on hiking trails.

"And to people that say they will kill a human for killing a violent dog, you have no sympathy for human life and deserve to die in a fire."

>Completely agree. If anyone killed any of my dogs for trying to attack an innocent person on my farm, I would apologize, buy them a steak dinner, and reimburse them for their ammunition.
>>
>>594290
Man you're going full retard mode. Who says I feel no sympathy for the kids that got bitten? Those are your words not mine.
And guess what, when I was like 10/11yo I got bitten by a dog, the scar on my knee reminds me of that but that makes me love dogs even more. It wasn't its fault that I walked past him while he was eating his tasty food. Shit happens, people who get trapped behind bad things from the past are frail mind one's.

Anyways if you can't understand that me being against you for killing the dog doesn't automatically means that I can't feel sorry for those who got bitten you're a moron, simple as that. If that's the case then you prove my point about my first post calling you out.
>>
>>594240
>not just bodyslam it
>>
>>594303
Kindly point me to your post where you inquire about the children's health outcome or where you express sympathy for them, and I will respectfully apologize to you.

I understand that you didn't like the fact that the dog died, but it doesn't mean that I had bad motives or did anything wrong. It didn't stop you from attacking my character; your attacks were unwelcome and unwarranted.

Bad things happen in life, its just a fact. I worked animal control for three years before becoming an officer. I spent time feeding the cats and dogs, cleaning up after them. I even provided treats for them at my own pocket. I didn't hate the dog, and I didn't want to hurt; in fact I tried to do everything I could to prevent it. It's not like I just walked up and shot it. I had to defend myself. I don't think it was a bad dog, it just had bad owners, that didn't stop it from being dangerous.

I caught dozens of pitbulls and rottweilers, with a catchpole and a little courage. I've caught emus, potbellied pigs and geese in addition to all the local fauna and typical pets. I managed not to shoot any of them. Yes, I've been bitten, but that was only because the animals were scared or in pain from pre-existing injuries. I captured thousands of animal, and only managed to shoot one in the course of my job. Strangely enough, it was the only one that I truly believed wanted to hurt me. If it were scared and wanted to escape, it had five other ways in which it could have gotten.

I understand your sympathy for the dog, which I share, but save your contempt for the shiftless owner that transformed the dog into a menace.
>>
>>594076
Yes.
>>
>>594292
I know right? When did dogs learn how to jump, or knock a person to the ground and proceed to eat their face?
>>
>>594334
But Anon, I like dogs, and nothing I like could be capable of hurting me in any way! My pet cobra has never killed anyone, therefore he must be tame and harmless.
>>
>>594335
It's a pretty safe assumption, innocent till proven guilty

Though that's something most people, especially people who function in a certain official capacity, seem to forget
>>
>>594337
"Though that's something most people, especially people who function in a certain official capacity, seem to forget."
> I agree, and have always been a major critic of certain attitudes in law enforcement (I didn't care if they were cops; if I would take a civilian to jail for it, I would take the cop to jail for the same thing. This didn't win me any friends with the lazy and those I later found out were corrupt.

It's a pretty safe assumption, innocent till proven guilty.
>Assumptions are what kill people. Lack of intent to do harm is not the same thing as lack of capacity to inflict harm; intent can change in an instant.
>>
>>594217
Why is it that civvys automatically think they know what the best response is in any given situation? You're sitting there in your fucking chair posting on an anon imageboard. The guy you quoted is a LEO, whos job literally is to protect douchebags like you. He was given 6 seconds to respond to an imminent threat towards him + civilians, including children.

>baton
this kills the dog
>pepper
Depending on what kind of spray control is on it I doubt it is very effective. I've personally sprayed an amstaff with it and it didnt even respond. Hit it right over its eyes and the spray hit its eyes moments later

>a 70lbs dog that had previously attacked two children leaps toward OP
>trigger happy
>>
>>594341
Shooting the dog was obviously the right thing to do. And even if it wasn't I dare anyone to not use the maximum force available against a charging attack dog. It's not like he provoked a self defense situation, he was protecting others, two of which had already been hurt. There is no moral ambiguity there.

But this blue halo bullshit has to stop right now. They teach cops to be dominating bullies on general suspicion, and people are getting killed, ruined, and traumatized without relation to criminal activity because of it. At the same time every principle of law is bent and broken when crimes of cops get covered up on a regular basis because of this horrible myth. Cops have to act responsibly like everyone else. They can't start shooting out of fear, and they can't fulfill their obligations by pushing people around and yelling at them, just like everyone else.

A badge is a responsibility, not a license to be angry.
>>
>>594341
"Depending on what kind of spray control is on it I doubt it is very effective."

>>>>>>>This X1,000
> Pepper spray works mainly due to pain compliance, which means while it may you want to close your eyes and blow the snot out, most of its effect is in the brain. This means that you can choose to ignore it if you want to. >In fact at the academy, we were forced to keep using our baton and fighting in self-defense for a designated period after being sprayed directly in the eyes, which is no fun. Using pepper spray now means the man or dog your trying to go hands on with is contaminated with spray. The wind and temperature can drastically impact the effectiveness of chemical agents.

>Plus pepper spray only works if you have capsaicin receptors on the cells in your mucus members. Some animals like birds do not, neither do humans with a gene mutation. There was a female cadet in the class ahead of mine that had the mutation. The instructors emptied four cans of pepper spray into her face, and she kept asking what she was supposed to feel.

>I've also seen 6'8'' 300lb guys clutch their face, fall to the ground, and beg for Mommy after being sprayed. Conversely, I've seen people that required hospital observation after being sprayed. Again it has a lot to do with mindset, but its effects can be highly variable.

This incident happened before the days when Tasers were commonplace, but even Tasers aren't 100% effective.
>>
File: 1439358795909.png (339KB, 579x430px) Image search: [Google]
1439358795909.png
339KB, 579x430px
>>594322
I respect you for doing that, helping the animals. I've done my share too, maybe I should do more but we do what we can, sadly. And don't take the attacks personally, this is 4chan and I admit that I have trust issues with people from law enforcement. I apologize for that. ;)

Btw, pls don't kill more doges.
>>
>>594352
"But this blue halo bullshit has to stop right now. They teach cops to be dominating bullies on general suspicion, and people are getting killed, ruined, and traumatized without relation to criminal activity because of it. At the same time every principle of law is bent and broken when crimes of cops get covered up on a regular basis because of this horrible myth. Cops have to act responsibly like everyone else. They can't start shooting out of fear, and they can't fulfill their obligations by pushing people around and yelling at them, just like everyone else.
A badge is a responsibility, not a license to be angry."

>I agree. Society would definitely be improved by throwing more convicted police officers in prison. I would have been fired if I had ever treated anyone the way I see routine traffic stops conducted on the East/West coast. There are a lot of cops that need to quit because they are too afraid to do the job, but their ego is a bigger man than they are.

At the academy there was a sign that said "A badge is a symbol of community trust." I carried a card with that printed on it to remind myself who I worked for.
>>
>>594221
Wrong. Gun nuts are by far the most entitled of any kind of person you will ever meet. Take anything else from man and he might get upset. Take his gun and he loses his mind.
>>
>>594365
But gun nuts aren't covered by law if they bully someone.

Also I wish I had a dog to go /out/ with.
>>
File: Penguin Horse.jpg (88KB, 470x639px) Image search: [Google]
Penguin Horse.jpg
88KB, 470x639px
>>594360
Thanks, Catbro. I definitely understand the issues with law enforcement, which is why I got out. A lot of cops are just lazy, but there are good ones out there.

There's way more money in healthcare, so I got a Chemistry Degree and a degree in a Professional Healthcare field.

The dogs should be safe unless they're plotting their revenge, can operate an elevator up to the 14th floor, use a digital keypad, and open doors.

On second thought, I'm doomed and should just off myself right now.
>>
>>594065
>i'm an ignorant person who isn't appropriately afraid of a deadly predator and would never defend myself against one!!! why isn't anyone else like me?!?!?!

>peepul r expendubul!!!!!!
>>
>>594365
If you take his gun you take his freedom
>>
>>594341
my way of thinking might be outdated i just can't think of dogs like viscous dangerous beasts.
they are dogs for fucks sake not the terminator.
a man is like a hundred times more dangerous.

i had many dogs i have met with plenty of dogs some with very nasty temper and threatening. i have thrown myself in the midst of dogs fighting more then once and was rewarded with bites often enough but those were accidents frankly and i kinda had it coming.
i have actually fought with large dog breeds not to the death but it was rough and getting out of hand.
only ever dogs came at me at the stupid cunt owners order.
still i don't understand when some people talk about dogs. they are not particularly fast or accurate or dexterous and kind of suck at fighting alone. makes sense since they are/were pack animals.
>>
>>594065
wow! somebody with some sense amongst morons nice!
>>
>>594064
Oh trust me, pal it'll be so easy to justify, no one will even question it.
>>
>>594376
The problem is that you can make a dog into a weapon, and telling the difference isn't always easy as it is approaching you in the street.

An entirely different problem is perfectly content pets turning cujo due to some instinctive reaction to a special situation. That is always a risk with 'aggressive' breeds. Centuries of favoring the mean traits aren't canceled out by a happy home. But that is just a risk we'll have to take if we allow them to be kept as pets. People get mauled by leopards and chimps all the time.
>>
I can semi-understand the whole dog fear. I went hiking with my 2 a few years ago and ran in to a guy with his dog. He seemed friendly enough and his tail was wagging as he approached my dog. When they got nose to nose the mans dog went in to a frenzy without warning and tries to attack my dog. Crazy part is the man never said anything, no warning, no apology, no attempt to even really restrain his dog. He just kept walking. That was the day I stopped trusting other peoples dogs I didn't personally know.
>>
File: Snakebite.jpg (40KB, 634x494px) Image search: [Google]
Snakebite.jpg
40KB, 634x494px
>>594376
Rationale people perform rationale threat assessments. Some people are stangely terrified of teacup Yorkies, and on the other end of the scale, some people are not smart enough to avoid taking a selfie with a rattlesnake.

I definitely treat a four foot Rock Python differently than a fourteen foot Reticulated Python. They are both constrictors, but I only reasonably need to use caution around one of them.

Two reasons not pick fights with random strangers: 1. It's rude. 2. Odds are you will eventually pick a fight with a Champion Kick Boxer. Same is true with dogs. While there maybe aggressive Yorkies, even a mid tier 100 lb pound Rottweiler can eat your lunch. A super aggressive Rottie can remove your bloodline from the planet.

inb4 no rattlesnake selfies
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3171355/Rattlesnake-selfie-delivers-painful-double-punch-San-Diego-man-horrific-wound-followed-horrific-hospital-bill.html
>>
File: Laughing Dog.png (244KB, 429x367px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Dog.png
244KB, 429x367px
>>594389
The problem is that you can make a dog into a weapon, and telling the difference isn't always easy as it is approaching you in the street.

>This is true. I tried to arrest a local guy for driving a stolen vehicle. He had just been released from prison for killing his buddy by shooting him in the back of the head. When he jumped out of the car with his large frame mixed breed dog, he yelled "Sic him" and pointed at me as he ran off.

>I had to stop and watch the dog take a couple of steps before I realized the dog was clueless about what his owner wanted him to do. I then chased the dude down and arrested him. Funny thing was when I got back to my patrol car, the dog was sitting by it. The dog wanted to be comforted by me, but completely ignored his owner.

tfw convicted murder's dog wants to become police K-9.
>>
>>594370
You sound like a cool dude. Good luck with your life, man.
>>
>>594352
>They teach cops to be dominating bullies (...)
I'm a LEO in Norway so I can't agree with you on this one, but from what I read in newspapers I can see where you're coming from. I wouldn't want to be a cop in USA
>>
>>594404
How much monies does a LEO in a godtier country like Norway?
>>
File: Horse wearing a horse.jpg (70KB, 634x454px) Image search: [Google]
Horse wearing a horse.jpg
70KB, 634x454px
>>594403
Thanks! The job often meant that both sides would be ticked off at me, but they always knew I was honest and fair, even if they did hate my guts for it.

I always tried to do my job like I had my Grandma watching my actions. Once people realize that we should all be accountable to someone, we tend to treat the people in our lives a lot better. As they say, ethics are the way we act when no one else is watching...

Pic unrelated: Horse with a horse birthmark.
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>594408
is that a shoop?
>>
>>594404
OP here (ex LEO). I admire your country for its relative lack of major violence, I fear that will soon be ending as Europe encounters massive socioeconomic problems from the immigrant and refugee crises.

There's a rebellious attitude (for lack of a better word) here in the US that poisons things. One guy wanted to beat me up and had to be restrained by family members. My crime was the fact that I gave his Grandmother a ride in a police car to his house, when her car broke down in a heat wave. We had tried to telephone him for 15 minutes, but he wouldn't wake up to answer his phone. The lady needed to get out of the heat. so I drove 50 km out of my way (and out of my jurisdiction) to take her home. He was angry because I had "forced" her to sit in the front seat of a police car.

I truly hope that you don't have to deal with this on a daily basis.
>>
File: Scardey Cat.jpg (282KB, 962x661px) Image search: [Google]
Scardey Cat.jpg
282KB, 962x661px
>>594410
Nope, here's the article with more pics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3165606/Foal-born-patch-looks-like-horse-mane.html

Unrelated Pic: Scared Lion
>>
File: 608a9ab0ebcc90733b4204d083d80358.jpg (295KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
608a9ab0ebcc90733b4204d083d80358.jpg
295KB, 1024x682px
>>594406
Around 400k NOK or roughly 50k a year for someone straight out of college.

>>594415
Thats bizarre. Was he just like that towards you because you were a cop, or was he generally just an idiot?

I've only worked a year, and that was my probation period - so I don't have a whole lot of experience yet. But cops in Norway and Scandinavia are generally treated with the utmost respect by civilians. One of our core principles is that the police force should reflect society and have a civillian touch (as opposed to military). Also our education is a bachelors degree, so people can't really use the 'too stupid for college' argument.
>>
>>594393
rottweilers are not that bad i used to tussle with an extremely hue specimen he had a very mean face (one tooth stuck out of his mouth) and a very mean temper. still he quickly learned to respect me.

bull terriers however are quiet frankly insane and neurologically damaged. one minute it's a cute fuzzy little thing the next it's gone and it's like you see into the eyes of a great white shark. they are fucking unyielding then they get into this frenzy. i once had to choose either choke out the dog or let it rip my coat to shreds. he was content shredding my coat so i let him it was a cheap coat. when no resistance was offered he calmed down a bit after a couple of minutes. i have yet to met with an other dog that do this. dunno if pits are all like that. rottweilers sure aren't.
>>
File: Operator Dog.jpg (126KB, 512x513px) Image search: [Google]
Operator Dog.jpg
126KB, 512x513px
>>594429
Thats bizarre. Was he just like that towards you because you were a cop, or was he generally just an idiot?

>There are just certain groups that hate the police for existing because it interferes with their perceived culture, and on the opposite end, there are groups that hate the police because they represent the government. We also have a cultural tradition of celebrating outlaws like Jesse James and John Dillinger.
>>
>>594429
Norway is really on another level comparing to most countries in the world. Great nature, educated people and excellent socio/cultural situation.
10/10 would live in.
>>
>>594440
>that dog
Fucking saved
>>
>>594437
That's been my experience. Rotts are pretty chill and relaxed, but could do trauma if they wanted; they just doesn't generally feel the need to fight. Pits on the other hand seem to get so excited and zone out, that they can difficult to snap back to reality once those eyes roll back into their heads.
>>
File: Penguin arms.jpg (165KB, 962x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Penguin arms.jpg
165KB, 962x1133px
>>594447
I wish I could say it was mine, but I got it off /k/. Been lurking for years, but only started posting this week, so I've saved reams of material I want to use.
>>
>>594448
i like to test my strength speed and skills against what animals have but with these breeds it's just not fun.
i'm not afraid of any dog no matter the breed i know i can take care of it especially if i have a knife on me (which i do almost all of the time) but who the fuck wants to hurt a doge just cause you got him too excited playing tug of war?
so not my favorite breeds even tho they can be adorable and look cool.
>>
File: Elephants on Parade.jpg (144KB, 962x516px) Image search: [Google]
Elephants on Parade.jpg
144KB, 962x516px
>>594459
I've always had tons of dogs on my farm, as many as 13 at once. I live off a highway between two towns where people would dump their dogs, giving it the "some farm anon will take care of my dog." (I guess I always did, and the dogs would flock to my place because they could smell other happy dogs. I've cared for cripples, developmentally disabled, and behavioral issue dogs of all breeds; but pits are the only breed I won't work with any more. They're always waiting to become dominant and take down the top dog. I always taught my pack that I was the top dog, when they should signs of losing respect for me and the pack's pecking order, I decided I was done with them.

Pic slightly related: herd mentality
>>
>>594365
Found the teenager.
>>
>>594194
>>594227
I like this story, thanks anon you made me feel happy inside, kinda like after reading a good book.
>>
>>594498
Try again.
>>
>>594057
>>594076
>implying
>>
>>594115
Well, my 4 year old human is probably not as adept at killing things with it's teeth as a 4 year old pit.
>>
if you actually train your dog and treat it properly it is completely docile. just because dogs descend from dangerous animals doesn't mean they are hungry for little human babies inna woods and desperately will want to eat your calves if they are not on a leash. people have tigers as pets.

if you are so frightened of every dog you see /out that isn't on a leash then you are a pussy.

i have had 4 dogs of mine shot simply for being on someone else property. they weren't doing anything wrong just simply exploring. i would definitely understand the owner of the land shooting near the dogs to scare them off but he just decided he was entitled to kill them. no danger to anyone or anything on his property but he was so trigger happy that he decided to kill them.

these dogs were not all there at the same time. they went in pairs on separate days.

if i dog is trying to legitimately kill you then i understand if others would shoot it. i personally would do everything i can to avoid killing the dog.

as for that dog who attacked those kids and was shot with the dart rifle. it was obviously not trained properly.

if a dog enters your vicinity without a leash and you immediately decide to shoot it. it is no different from going into a town and killing every person you don't know simply because they have the potential to kill you.
>>
>>594600
Four of your dogs have been killed on someone else's property? Are you not nearby? Why don't you have them on a leash?
Maybe the landowner thought it was a pack of stray dogs.
>>
>>594600
Think you would have learned to leash your animal after the first one died. Take better care of your pets.
>>
>>593907

If that dog is part wolf, I'm part nigger.
>>
>>594076

Good luck faggot. I've had two people threaten to kill me, one was drunk and we laughed it off, the other is dead. You willing flip a coin on your life?
>>
>>594600
Were they killed all at once? If not it's your fault. First time everybody falls, second time falls who wants, third time falls who are stupid.
You either take down who killed your dog or you pissy out and have them restrained. You can't let them die, and what you said makes me feel sorry and mad at you at same time.

>>594614
Yeah sure.
>>
>>594608
they had collars and tags which distinguishes them as no stray. and i never have my dogs on a leash when they are on my property.
>>
>>594644
Or anyone else's property it seems.
>>
>>594600
>i would definitely understand the owner of the land shooting near the dogs to scare them off but he just decided he was entitled to kill them. no danger to anyone or anything on his property but he was so trigger happy that he decided to kill them.

I had a neighbor like you once...
>be me
>jackass neighbor let his dog on property
>dog spooked cattle
>shot dog, left him laying in plain sight for the neighbor
>neighbor comes over
>demands to know if I shot his dog (I obviously did)
>ask him if his dog chases cattle
>no
>then naw, didn't shoot your dog

fucker called the cops on me, but there aint a damn thing they can do, let your dog on my property and I am going to shoot it, I don't care if its friendly, I don't care if its your best friend, I am not risking anything with my cattle because you are an entitled little prick who thinks your dog needs to "run free" and go on to other peoples land.
>>
so what dog do y'all think is the best breed for taking /out/ ?? I live in a city also, so it's gotta be chill with that
>>
>>594620
it's a big property. after the first time we tried to full proof the fence but they got out. after the second we gave away all of our dogs to people in suburban areas.

who actually leashes their dog whilst at home. do you actually walk your dog everywhere (in the kitchen, in the shower, on the toilet etc) having the need to tie up your dogs just clearly means that you haven't trained it properly
>>
>>594644

You do realize, your dog has no claim to anyone's property but your own right? I could shoot your dog in cold blood for cooling off in my creek if I wanted to, its not my duty to save its life, its yours.

I am generally against killing things if you don't have to, but for christ sake man, its your animal and your responsibility, and you let not one but four get shot for getting off your land.

>they had collars and tags which distinguishes them as no stray.
this doesn't mean shit, a pitbull and a husky killed every sheep on my grandpas farm, and we pulled collars off them and brought them to their owners. Dogs are fine pets, but if you can't keep them contained, don't be surprised when someone else does the job with bullets instead of a chain.
>>
>>594651

Ridgeback. Hates niggers and is a total bro.
>>
>>594648
if anyone is entitled it's you.
if you're kid comes onto my property and starts trampling my garden i'm going to shoot it and then drag it to your house and leave her on the ground. stupid dickhead should have put his child on a rope.

in my situation the neighbor had no livestock. he just chose that since they were trespassing he should kill them.
>>
>>594652
>claims if you have to keep your dog chained when not with it you didn't train it well enough
>is bitching about his dogs getting shot for running off into his neighbors property on a Himalayan birdwatchers forum

I suppose you are the expert here...
>>
>>594652
so by that argument you didnt have your dogs trained because they escaped from your property...
>>
>>594651
round here if you take you dog /out it is going to be shot by some stupid nigger who doesn't recognize the difference between a grizzly bear and a dog that isn't tied up.
>>
>>594661
my dogs were trained to be docile. they weren't on leashes at the park or when we walked them because they kept close by and didn't bother anyone else. that is what a properly trained dog is.
>>
>>594663
So how close were you when they got onto the neighbors property and got shot?
>>
>>594658

Slight difference here friend, I am allowed to shoot dogs that are chasing my cattle, you are not allowed to shot children who are trampling your garden.

The dog stands to cause thousands of dollars of damage to my cattle (I paid 8 grand for the cheapest heifer out there) and once again, just in case you don't have any idea how the law works, was on my land causing problems.

In Indiana, you have to "reasonably believe that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony" to justify shooting a person.

Our dog laws are fairly simple
>Killing roaming dog. If any dog shall be found roaming over the country unattended by his master or owner or his owner's agent, it shall be lawful to kill such dog.
and that has been solidified by Puckett vs Miller.
and
>Dog that has killed, chased, or worried stock or fowls Killing Penalty for keeping. Any dog that is known to have killed, maimed, chased or worried any sheep, cattle, horses, swine or other livestock or fowls, unless accompanied by his master or some other person, may be killed by any person, and any person who shall own, keep or harbor any dog, after he knows that such dog has killed or maimed, chased or worried any sheep, cattle, horses, swine, other livestock or fowls shall be fined in any sum not less than ten ($10.00) nor more than fifty dollars ($50.00).

So once more, to make sure you understand through all the name calling and shit flinging you are doing.

I have no reason not to kill your dog
I can kill your dog whenever I feel fit if you leave it to roam unattended
You are not entitled to allow your dog to roam onto other peoples property
If you dog chases/kills/worries my livestock, even if you are present, I may shoot it
Any and all harm to your dog can be prevented by you chaining him up when you are unable to attend to him directly

Yet, you feel entitiled to allow your dog to run free
>>
I am an ex-meter reader in Chicago and interact with 20-30 dogs everyday.

I have kicked 1 dog in 3 years of reading meters. You know what stops a dog rush? Opening an umbrella.

That's all that needs to be done.
>>
>>594674
I'll remember to become "that guy who always carriers an umbrella, what a fucking weirdo".
>>
>>594674
My uncle's a meter reader in Vegas, he's been taken to the ER twice for dog bites. I'll tell him he should have had an umbrella.
>>
when the fuck did /b leak on this board? jesus christ it seems like they came from nowhere and are starting to fuck with everyone
>>
>>594670
i live in australia so your indiana laws don't mean shit to me. besides my argument is besides the law. it doesn't matter what is legal the point is that your mentality is exactly the same as me killing a child trampling my garden.

regardless of the law if you even touched my dog i'd fuck you up. there's a reason not to shoot my dog. i'd do everything i can to get even with you. if you kill a dog owned by a man like me then you are in for a bad time. is that enough reason to not kill my dog. see in killing a neighbors dog you have legitimately created a neighbor who without exaggeration wants to shoot you in the throat.
>>
>>594678
i'd rather be the man who carries an umbrella than the man who's so pussy he shoots dogs when they approach.
>>
>>594586
>4 year old human
that's 3 months in dogs age, a 3 month old bull terrier is not as adept at killing things with it's teeth either.
>>
File: Bull_Terrier_Puppy_3_months.jpg (14KB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
Bull_Terrier_Puppy_3_months.jpg
14KB, 425x319px
>>594728
here is pic how it looks like
>>
File: doge.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>594352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZeMfNw_GMI
>>
>>594729
ugly. nature never will build something like this.
>>
>>594733
it was built by nature humans only selected the dogs to breed.
it was not some splicing shit that produced these breeds.
>>
>>594737
Splicing is exactly what it is.
And save that bullshit "dog years" for some imbecile, your dog is a menace that deserves to be shot along with its owner.
>>
>>594770
I'm not the person you're arguing with but look at you. All the hate in you. What does it accomplish? It doesn't do anyone any good.
>>
I hate how retarded a lot of you dog owners are its all hurr durr I let my dog run around free, don't make a big deal about it biting you, I'll kill you if you mess with it. Listen here I have owned a number of dogs but always kept them on a leash while walking them. I've also shot a number of dogs that have come on to my property 'which is 100% legal'. One of the owners made a bunch of threats towards me and now hes doing jail time, so you can talk all you want but I can shoot your dog and you will be the tough guy going to jail.
>>
>>594720
>the point is that your mentality is exactly the same as me killing a child trampling my garden.

Are you fucking dense, there is a huge difference between a human child trampling your garden on par with a dog chasing cattle worth more than you make in a year. Everyone in this thread sees it, and no one in their right mind will sit by and watch $80k in cattle get chased and injured by a dog their neighbor couldn't be bothered to keep in.

>regardless of the law if you even touched my dog i'd fuck you up. there's a reason not to shoot my dog. i'd do everything i can to get even with you. if you kill a dog owned by a man like me then you are in for a bad time. is that enough reason to not kill my dog. see in killing a neighbors dog you have legitimately created a neighbor who without exaggeration wants to shoot you in the throat.

Oh, you are dense. let me explain to you, so that you can understand it proper. You will not come after a man for shooting your dog, for multiple reasons.

>you are a coward who feels the need to come on out and pretend to be an internet hardass
>despite your relative density that you have shown itt, you are not stupid, you know that you would be caught and jailed
>you very likely lack the means and ability to exact the revenge you described
>you are a blowhard who thinks "i'd fuck you up" "you are in for a bad time" means something to a man who is within the law and well armed

Please, continue with your edgy responses of "HURRRR I kill ur child" and "I gone fuck u up". But take a split second to think about how fucking stupid you sound to the rest of the world.

If you love your dog keep it contained, once it leaves your property, it is liable to be shot, and that's the way it is. Thankfully, there is a clear solution for this (albeit one that requires you to take some personal responsibility, and we know faggots like you would rather blame the world than take even a little responsibility).
>>
>>594046
kill yourself you fucking lazy coward. people like you should just be euthanized at birth
>>
>>594854
or people could leash their dogs so they don't seem dangerous strays. i mean that seems like the most logical solution.
>>
>>594240
>sure they scratched me all over with their nails
sounds like a great way to get horrible infections
>>
>>594858
i have scratches on me all the time as i type right now i still have some forest soil under my skin i got bruised and scraped up bad biking in the woods.
i have yet to develop even a minor infection tho. when i was a kid as my mother told me i had some infected scabs but i don't remember it.
so yeah maybe i'm not worried tho.
>>
>>594858
Only if the dog has just been in a cadaver. Generally the bacteria on dogs are much less dangerous than the ones on humans. A human bite is much more dangerous than a dog bite when it comes to bacteria.
>>
>>594857
im not disagreeing with that. im saying the "lol im just going to kill a living thing that is inconveniencing me" attitude is one of the worst traits a human can have. i bet that guy is a cop
>>
>>594866
Any bite is a bad one you fucking idiot. Dogs lick their ass, humans do not. I do not want fecal bacteria in a bite.
>>
>>594872
There's more fecal bacteria on your keyboard than in a dog's mouth.

And they lick their balls. If your dog is licking its butt take it to the vet because it has worms.

You fucking idiot.
>>
File: Smiling Rhino.jpg (106KB, 634x873px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Rhino.jpg
106KB, 634x873px
>>594503
Thanks! It's not a story I've really ever gotten to share for all the rage reasons. I'm glad it entertained someone, and maybe educated others on responsible pet ownership and how quickly situations with animals can go badly.

Pic Related: Smiling Rhino
>>
File: Black Lives Matter.jpg (164KB, 962x642px) Image search: [Google]
Black Lives Matter.jpg
164KB, 962x642px
>>594612
You're totally right. On a completely unrelated note, how is your Mom doing these days? Just Kidding, Bro.
>>
File: Uh-Oh Bear.jpg (49KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
Uh-Oh Bear.jpg
49KB, 634x476px
>>594714
Tfw my first thread on /out/ starts a storm...
>>
>>594884
I think we can honestly say it had nothing to do with your thread other than that's where it happened. Your topic was fine.
>>
>>594884

It aint your fault bro. I rather enjoyed your thread. Its just the "my dog can run free" crowd vs the "I will shoot your dog" crowd fighting again, it happens on /k/ and /an/ occasionally, not much to do but ignore them and let them shitpost themselves to sleep.
>>
>>594046
Hurting animals is NEVER justified, shitlord, even to defend your spawn.
>>
>>594046

> You put down owners dog
>owner puts you down for discharging a firearm in his direction

Your choice
>>
EXACTRY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKF3U9UWrBI
>>
>>594670
Holy hell, why are your cows so expensive? They must be special in some way if they aren't like $500 for a calf.
>>
>>594720
Haha, I can't tell if this is a troll or if they're just a 12 year old.
>>
>>594962
I've never heard anyone that actually has kids refer to them as "spawn," so I'll just assume you don't have any and don't understand the thought of your kid getting its face bitten by a dog.
>>
>>594973
> Claims to have kids
> Refers to the kid as it

Sure thing kid
>>
File: 1341248591652.png (7KB, 408x450px) Image search: [Google]
1341248591652.png
7KB, 408x450px
>>594962

>dogfags
>>
>>594970

They are show cattle, not feeder cattle. But even if they were feeder cattle, I sell freezer beef at $1.20/lb live weight, and the desired market weight is right around 1400lbs.

That said, I have only paid maybe $20,000 for all my cattle, and over 7-8 years, the rest I either bred myself or traded ones I raised.
>>
>>593921
Man and wolf: Loki is known as a 'low-content Wolfdog' which means he possesses more dog genes than wolf, but has the stature and size of a wolf that would be found in the wild

It's literally written in the fucking article.

And HE'S the fucking idiot?
>>
>>594966
i would just shoot him in the leg and slowly gut him alive if he shot my dog for no good reason (ie it didn't actually attack for some unfathomable reason)
>>
>>595236
Yeah, and you'd sit in prison for the rest of your life for murder, you stupid edgy faggot. Keep your dog on a leash.
>>
>>595055
Ah, makes sense.
>>
>>594980
Never claimed to have kids at all actually.
>>
>>593921
You have no idea what you are writing about.

Actual full line wolves are just fine around people if they are socialized accordingly as pups.
>>
>>594046
You hurt doge, I hurt you
>>
>>594870
Eh, dude implied unattended dog displaying aggressive behavior. Sounds somewhat justified. I'd give the dog the benefit of the doubt if it was just me, but if my kids were there, I'd probably be much more cautious.
>>
>>594968
Yeah, I'd kill that dog with my bare hands.
>>
I enjoyed the beginning of this thread.

Since it turned to
>dog runs free imma shoot
>no I shoot u
>no u
I'll share my story

My dad and I were checking /out/ the area where we hunted deer. I was 12 at the time and didn't have a lot of experience with dogs other than my own who was a very sweet rottweiler. We heard some noise off the trail and stopped. A yellow lab comes crashing out of the bushes and latches onto my leg.

This is where most dog owners start with
>what did you do to piss it off?
>YOU had to have done SOMETHING to get that reaction out of the dog
No, we were walking down a trail, not really making any noise. We weren't even talking when it happened. My dad had his hatchet out faster than I ever saw him move, he held it by the head and used the handle to beat the dog off of me while I was going for my knife and trying to get away. My dad gets the dog off me and laid on top of it and held it down. Seconds later this guy comes running up the trail, shotgun in hand, screaming bloody murder at us, while swinging his gun from my dad to me and back repeatedly. Of course a huge verbal fight explodes. My dad and this guy go back and forth with threats, the guy leaves with his dog. We go back to the land owners building and get my leg checked out, then to the hospital.

There's more but that's enough for the purpose of this thread (or, what this thread has turned into). I've always been surprised at how many times people have openly said that they would have shot my dad for beating the dog off of me. My dad could have used either side of the head of the hatchet and ended the dog's life, but he didn't. Later that day we had a really long talk about dog training, leashes, and gun safety.

So what do you guys think? Who was wrong in my situation? What would you have done if you were my dad, or that guy?

For the record, i've always loved dogs and even though I don't currently have one, I would get one the second I could.
>>
>>596527
Your dad seems like he has anger issues, I hope you didn't inherit that.
>>
>>596527
Dog lover myself but if any animal attacked my spawn I would deal with it in the most effective manner, if that includes killing it so be it.

It's a goddamned animal not a person
>>
>>596587
>Your dad seems like he has anger issues, I hope you didn't inherit that.
What part of that story made you think that?
>>
>>596527
Your dad showed restraint and dealt with the situation effectively. Other people would have killed the animal but your dad showed compassion and understanding that the dog was just being an animal. The owner was totally at fault. He should have maintained control of the animal. He also responded unsafely and emotively, which is dangerous with a gun.

Your dad is a bad ass, give him a call or a hug.
>>
>>596624
> Lets untrained dog run free
> Lets said dog bite a kid
> Threatens that kid and dad with shotgun

You tell me
>>
File: 1394992814363.png (40KB, 755x487px) Image search: [Google]
1394992814363.png
40KB, 755x487px
>>596751
The hell are you talking about? That wasn't his dad, that was the retarded dog owner.
>>
>>594614
Holy shit, are you for real? Did that actually sound cool in your head?
>>
>>596527
you dad reacted with appropriate measures for the danger a pissed off lab presents, the owner was a jerk, but imagine what he saw when he entered the scene i presume he did not see his dog being the aggressor just almost being killed.

no i wouldn't have shot your dad in this case, but if my dog runs to you to get petted he dindu nothing and he shoots it just to be safe then yes i would bury you two with my dog sorry.

you must really make the good decisions for the situation and don't shoot animals that don't need shooting. one dog is only slightly more dangerous than a kitten especially if you are geared for a hike. a pack of dogs being aggressive and threatening and circling you that's a whole another story tho.
>>
>>596604
it all depends, not for you to decide what the owner of the dog feels about his dog, for many people a dog is part of the family for the dog it's certainly so. sometimes dogs behave aggressively out of fear for their owners, imagine you kid running up to police officers yelling not to hurt you and getting shot... yeah that would it feel like for some people.

i don't have dogs anymore i had enough of losing them. i don't have kids either.
>>
>>593907
I have that hammock. Saved my back on the AT. It's a bit of a pain to set up every night, but infinitely more comfortable than a pad in a tent.
>>
>>596770
you obviously cant fucking read.
>>
>>597073
except a child is not as physically threatening as a adult dog,a child can vocalize intent,a dog just rushes barking and acting aggressive its two different things and thus are not comparable except perhaps by the mental dregs of the populace.
>>
>>597091
see your child is non-threatening to you but many people are more afraid of children than dogs. i bet the owner is never afraid of his dog either.

basically what happens is people often misread dogs simple things like when a dog attacks it usually doesn't bark and his head is not up but down, etc...

best not to shoot / kill dogs unless you would also shoot a human simple rule i think and will prevent the upset owner from disemboweling you.
>>
>>597089

>>596587
>Your dad seems like he has anger issues, I hope you didn't inherit that.

>It wasn't his dad who was the aggresive one

Who can't read here again?
>>
>>597092
i dont have a child,reading dogs is not a common skill,the owner isnt going to disembowel anyone,because they're faggots,you can textplay all you want "nothing personel" style but that doesnt mean shit.
>>
>>597093
my bad context issue ,didnt take the post that the other poster was replying to into account.
>>
>>594221
This is so fucking true. I can't stand dog people. Their entitlement honestly knows no bounds
>>594228
>>594365
I haven't met many welfare niggers. Parents aren't always that bad, but there is a lot of overlap between entitled dog owners and entitled parents. Usually they have both kids and dogs. But yeah faggots suck too.

I guess a gun owning welfare nigger parent with dogs is the most entitled creature alive.
>>
Was out on a hike when a dog charged at me out of nowhere, I panicked so much I kicked him twice right in the head with heavy boots on.

The dog died and I had to pay a fine for animal abuse, even though the dog did not have a leash. This happened in Norway by the way.
>>
>>594046
nice bait tbh fam.

I'd shoot you tho lol.

How do I know the crazy manlet who doesn't know how to fight a dog isn't gonna attack me pointlessly next?
>>
>>597149

>I will spend the rest of my life in prison because somebody shot my dog

Ok, time to take a break from the shitposting.
>>
>>597119
i once kicked an old woman down the stairs for kicking my cat and the cat was pretty unhurt, guess what i would have done with someone killing it.

some people don't give a fuck about their pets some do deal with it.
>>
>>597167
That isn't how it works.
>>
>>597227
no you didn't.
>>
>>594046
>>594111
>>594115
>>595734
>>597149
>hiking with cool bro dog
>hiking with kids
>overgrown ego manlets start shoting each other down
>everyone are dead
>??????
>America
>>
>>597444
of course i did
>>
>>597474
I was there, I saw them do it. I remember because I had just picked up the deed to my new moon palace and was walking back to my flying purple titty car.
>>
>>597504
i think that's actually more believable.
>>
>>597453
nice English
>3rd world peasant
>>
>>594365
The only reason anyone owns a gun is because they are small dicked faggots. That's why I am not voting for Bernie Sanders even though he is a Socialist like me. He's too lax on guns. Why anyone needs to own a AR with a 30 round clip amazes me.
>>
>>594057
>>594183
>>594111
>>594076
>>594065
I didn't know there were this many mentally deranged people on /out/
>>
>>597930
Thank fuck hoplophones are the minority
>>
>>597930
>tfw there are actually people who think this in VT
8/10, you could have been a bit more subtle.
>>
>>597945
Yep wanting to protect a loved family member is completely deranged.
>>
>>597930
>guarenteedreplies.jpg
>>
>>598002
But anon, it's just a dog...
>>
>>598179
>but anon it's just a... could be said about anything women children your leg
>>
>>594046
ATF agent please go
>>
>>597930
lol no it isn't ,you're silly.
>>
>>598002
lol yes
>>
>>594600
>if you are so frightened of every dog you see /out that isn't on a leash then you are a pussy.

Anon, the point is that responsible owners should keep their dogs leashed when out in a public area, end of story. There is nothing you can say that will make this invalid.
>>
>>594652
The fact that your dogs ran off your property even after you tried to put up a fence indicates to me that you didn't train them properly.
>>
>>596751
Wow. The lack of reading comprehension here genuinely caught me off guard.
>>
>>594720
You're not right in the head man like for real
>>
>>594720
Where do you live, dog-fucker? I'm also in Australia and would enjoy being "fucked up" by an irresponsible dog-fucker who owns a shitty breed because he thinks he's a hard cunt
>>
>>594046

Fuck, I don't care how loveable your kids are if they're running unleashed and barrel out of the woods at me acting at all aggressive, I'm putting them down. I usually have dogs with me, I'm not taking chances on a strange, unattended child.
>>
>>599343
Are you really this stupid?
>>
>>594440
I hate the police because of the things they have done to me. They show no respect and expect you to kiss their ass in return. I have had cops call me worthless, search my house over petty property crimes and charge me with crimes that any sane prosecutor would throw out. I have had a cop read me my miranda rights and try to arrest me after i refused to let him search my backpack when i was stopped while biking down the sidewalk at night. I asked him what the charge was for him to read me my rights. He said it was a loitering investigation. I know the legal definition of loitering and in no way is biking down the street and refusing to allow a search of my backpack "loitering". I identified myself, provided id and answered his questions. I hate cops
>>
>>600255
im guessing you are a filthy shitskin. man i love being white.
>>
>>600265
I am white and cops regularly want to look inside my bag, pockets and car.

First thing I say is hello, I speak calmly and answer questions. Every cop I met was cool with me.

It is not about colour. Just stop to act like a nigger.
>>
>>600340
not murrican but still super judgmental of cops (well you hear the stories how they screw with people all the time and expect the worst) every fucking cop i ever actually met was if not nice totally professional and helpful, they talked in a calm respectful professional manner.
but i just can't trust them i "know" for every decent one there is 5 arrogant violent corrupt asshole. i think i just got lucky so far.
>>
>>600347
More like 1 asshole for every 5 decent cops, and they all are placed in the shitty part of the town where no cop want to be.
>>
>>600255

Stop lying on the internet. Miranda rights are read to you regarding interrogation, they have nothing to do with arrest. If you even got to the part where your being read your rights you've already fucked up by agreeing to talk with the cop in the first place (read: consensual encounter).
>>
>>600353
this.

most cops are nice people. they will show you respect to start and you should show them respect back. they are doing their jobs.
sure there are asshole cops, but they are the minority. and they are given the shitty jobs because guess what, they aren't just an asshole to you, they are an asshole to everyone. so their co workers and bosses don't like them. so they get shitty patrols like the ghetto or drunk duty.
>>
>>595186
Dude the dog is larger than the average Spitz, wolves are SMALLER. These things get sold to people as wolfdogs but they aren't, its just an easy way to get people to buy them.
>>
>>600354
You are an idiot. When a cop stops you and turns on their lights, you have to stop. Miranda rights can only be read when there is a specific charge in mind. The charge he was "interrogating" me for was bullshit and i called my lawyer on the spot. The cop changed his town and didnt even question me. He did it because he was mad that i didnt consent to a search. I know a lot about dealing with cops, idiot.
>>
>>600265
I'm probably more pureblood white than you fuckface
>>
So let me get this straight, pro-dog is anti-cop? or is it anti-dog is pro-cop? And why is this thread still alive?
>>
>>600340
Its always the same routine.

>"Can we look inside your bag?"
>"i do not consent to a search unless required by law"
>"Thats really suspicious that youre exercising your rights, most people let us do a cavity search. I'll give you a deal, if i can search your bag, you'll get off with a warning. If you dont let me search you, i'll give you a ticket for only having one light on your bike"
>"I do not consent to a search unless required by law"
>"thats really suspicious that youre exercising your rights. Im going to go sit in my car for fifteen minutes and turn my spotlight on so it shines right in your face"
>"can i just leave? Im a block away from my house"
>"No
>*15 minutes pass*
>"Alright, im gonna let you off with a warning, you can leave now
>>
>>600808
More like:

>Good eve-
>AM I BEING DETAINED?
>I just wanted to-
>AM I FREE TO GO!?
>There's been a string of burgla-
>AM I BEING DETAINED?!
>You don't need to be so comba-
> I DO NOT CONSENT TO A SEARCH
>>
>>600814>>600814
Wrong. I talk to them like normal people. They never return the favor. After you go through the same routine five times, you start to get sick of their canned tactics and responses. I understand this is what they teach you at the fuckin academy, but i really dont have the patience to sit around for an hour and deal with a bunch of bullshit while im trying to get home and go to sleep
>>
>>600817
I wonder why.

You are a cop. Someone have been stolen nearby or some drug dealing is ongoing or whatever. You have to look inside people's bags.

Then, there is THAT guy that basically say: "I will let you search in my bag only if you do the stupid amount of paperwork to force me to accept".
You don't really want to drag him to the police station, but you have to do your job.
>>
>>600843
It's my legal right to refuse a search. As much as you and every other cop wish we lived in a total police state, we dont...yet. I am allowed to refuse a search, it is not against the law to refuse a search. If i am not breaking any laws, why should i oblige the police officer for stopping me and wasting both of our time. If there are crimes happening in the area, maybe the officer should concern himself with people who are obviously doing something illegal instead of harrasing me and trying to establish probable cause from my completely legal refusal of a search. I understand the shift can be boring in a quiet town, but treating somebody as a criminal for being out at night in their own neighborhood is no way to create ties with the community.
>>
>>594670
>I paid 8 grand for the cheapest heifer out there
topkek
but no, no they are not that expensive

don't get me wrong I fully support your right to blow away dogs that are chasing your cows - that's just common sense

but 8k per head? hahahahahah thanks for the laugh bud
>>
>>600902

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you? What are you basing your prices for show cattle on?
>>
>>600954

Just so you don't look as ignorant next time, here are a few sale results you can look through to see the prices of show cattle.

http://www.breedersworldsales.com/cgi-bin/mnarclist.cgi?hunker/20150924/category/ALL

http://www.breedersworldsales.com/cgi-bin/mnarclist.cgi?hunker/20150927/category/ALL
(note that there are SIX head that went for over 30,000)

http://www.breedersworldsales.com/cgi-bin/mnarclist.cgi?hunker/20150927A/category/ALL

http://www.breedersworldsales.com/cgi-bin/mnarclist.cgi?hunker/20150927B/category/ALL

http://www.breedersworldsales.com/cgi-bin/mnarclist.cgi?hunker/20150927C/category/ALL
>>
>>600968

Also would like to add, I didn't cherry pick those sales, they were the first 5 sales with their results listed.
>>
>>594720
>i live in australia
>shitposting

I think we all knew...
>>
>>599343
How many people are mauled or killed by children each year? Damn you are one dense and stubborn motherfucker, I bet you own some variety of pitbull. I killed a staffy a few years ago that went ape on me when I was walking down the street. My arm will never completely heal and I relish the sounds the little cunt made as I caved its fat head in.
>>
>>600255
It's pretty funny how the only dumbasses who hate cops are the ones who find themselves on the wrong side of the law. Are you a nigger, son?
>>
>>601002
It's funny how people who express their opinions exclusively on the internet arent as well read or articulate as those who arent scared to express their opinions in real life. I am white, idiot. Say that shit to my face not online and see what happens
>>
>>601034

Hey its the Australian hardass who got called out earlier for being an internet warrior. You are literally a nigger, living on a penal country, whos greatest contribution to humanity was the laughter we got from your war on emus.

Please,threaten us on the internet some more you subhuman scum, surely that will get your point across.
>>
>>601201
You have to remember that everything is backwards in Australia. Death threats are really like saying I love you.
>>
File: photo.jpg (50KB, 636x509px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
50KB, 636x509px
>>594962
>Hurting animals is NEVER justified
>>
>>600968
Damn, cows are spendy
>>
>>594292
No, I simply walked in the front door. Immediately, before even taking two steps into the house, the 3 foot tall dog (I'm 5'7") jumped towards my neck, it did not have to jump very high. I avoided a potentially fatal neck injury by looking down at the last second while it was in the air hurling itself towards my body. I thought it was just jumping up to play or lick me. Its jaws happened to land on my face. I find it very insulting that you're accusing me of letting it to it, I assure you I would have done everything to avoid this problem, I did not expect this to happen at a friend's house, but the dog obviously saw me as a threat. Immediately the owner tried to regain control of the dog and helped me get to a hospital.
>>
>>594294
Thank you for your sensitivity, I didn't mean to direct that towards you. I wasn't trying to derail your thread either, I just felt the need to respond to the posters in it that were making fun of people who feel threatened by dogs. I felt obligated to share my experience so that others know what they are doing to those around them by taking their dogs outdoors with them, unleashed. I'm glad someone in this thread can show some sense.
>>
>>594334
Dogs can jump quite high if they want to, it's not hard for them to leap up a couple of feet to the face and neck region of someone who is relatively short, like myself. Being short is not a crime, but allowing a vicious dog to attack defenseless people is, in my opinion.

And for the record, I was not once knocked to the ground while this was happening. As the dog sunk its teeth into my face, it hung there for a few seconds, while I was still standing. Only moments passed before the owner grabbed it and threw it into the back room so he could assess the damage. I never went down and didn't realize how serious the bite was until after it was all over. I needed 20-30 stitches at the hospital later, and I still have scars.
Your ignorance of how vicious dogs can be is astounding to me. Haven't you seen Django Unchained? Throughout history they have often been used to rip people and wild animals apart. A large dog is easily capable of killing a human being, and this happens regularly around the world, even when they are unprovoked.
>>
>>595186
Loki comes from Howling Hills. None of the dogs have any wolf content. He's not a wolf. He's not an idiot, but he's just ignorant.
due to the press this guy gets, Loki has been looked at by professional phenotypers. No wolf content. Not a wolfdog.
>>
>>595732
Nope, not even then. Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

We didn't spend thousands of years domesticating dogs, if wolves would have been "just fine...if socialized accordingly"
>>
>>600528
Not necessarily smaller, but almost always lighter. They tend to be leggier/leaner/longer/poss taller, but are llighter boned.

regardless, Loki is just some spitz mutt this fool paid an arm and a leg for.
>>
>>601034
I always say that shit to people who say dumb as fuck things like "I fuckin' hate cops, they arrested me for X"

What the fuck are they going to do? Get bumdrilled by a roided leb in prison? I couldn't be less scared of puffed up faggots like yourself who think they are hard cunts, seriously, get the fuck off my island you clown.
>>
>>601201
>>601979
I'm not Australian, idiots. You guys assume a lot and know very little. I'm glad i dont live in Australia
>>
I went for a walk through the woods today. Not way /out/, but not too close either, rarely see other people there. Make my way to a little river and see this guy sitting on a rock with his dog. Dog picks up on me immediately and barks a few times. Guy looks over and I wave, he waves back. I'm headed in his direction, dog is on guard, barks a few more times. Introduce myself, he does the same, dog relaxes, sits down. We end up talking for a bit, dog comes over to me, starts sniffing, tail wagging happily. Ask if it's ok to pet the dog, owner says yes and I do. Dog is full play mode now. Guy throws stick, dog retrieves, hands me stick and I do the same. Talk for a little while longer while playing fetch with the dog. Continued on with my day.

Here are some facts:
I'm not white
That guy is white, and also a cop
The dog is a rottweiler, and was on a leash when I first saw them.

Nobody got attacked. No race war started. No threats from the dog.

Do any of you ever experience normal interactions like I did today or is this just a "bad things" thread?
>>
>>602454

I have met plenty of great dogs. But great dogs don't make the news. The point of this thread is that there are bad dogs out there as well, dogs are not uniformly good or bad, there are a lot of variables.

However, if you are just walking up on a dog, you should never assume its a good dog, that can end badly, once you figure it out, then its safe, until then, assume the worst.
>>
>>602454
Rottweilers are so adorable.
>>
>>593921
Looks exactly like my malamute
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>602601
Pic related
>>
>>602613
God I hate iphones
>>
File: d-dog.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
d-dog.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
What kind of dog is DD?
>>
>>602626
a cute
>>
>>602509
i have met plenty of dogs i always assume the dog is nice cause if he isn't i will look him in the eyes and then he will be nice. dogs know instinctively who not to mess with.
like is said before only time a dog attacked me when the stupid piece of shit owner sicked him on me but since the dog was not trained to fight it was easy to roll him.

i sometimes worry about rabid dogs tho, if you realize too late the dog is out of it's mind you are fucked. the other sure way to tangle with a dog is attack the owner the dog will possibly get into the fray hanging from your ass.

the absolute worst thing tho is dogs off the leash acting aggressively in a group / pack. then i would shit my pants a little. even with a long knife you could get thorn up bad in a situation like that before you dispatch them assuming you win.
>>
>>602509
the point of this thread was actually the "wolfdog" but we can't have nice things.
>>
>>602626
a Dick Dog, like the Dick Horse and the Dick Whore
>>
I never leave my dog unattended outside my home (always leashed/tethered), so as to avoid situations where she might wander off or stick her nose down the wrong hole, etc. The fact that she's 85 lbs, looks intimidating (boxer/pitbull mix), and is extremely energetic makes this all the more necessary in my eyes. In fact, I definitely think killing a dog can be justified in some cases, I just want to make sure my dog has nothing to do with those cases

I'm generally a peaceful person, never been in a bar fight or anything like that, and I usually just keep to myself. Make no mistake though, if you shoot my dog while I'm /out/ and carrying, I will likely take no hesitation in shooting you. Call me a sociopath, but ending the life of one of my family members (my dog included) is quite enough motivation for me to lose all cool and put a bullet in you. Consequences be damned. Not that I ever think such a situation would occur.

In a gun wielding society, whenever you draw yours there is a very good chance you'll have another's pointed back at you. Not just with dogs , but too many times I have seen guns needlessly escalate situations that could have been resolved in other ways.
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.