[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats your favorite /out/ reality show? Just started watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: YUKON03.jpg (188KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
YUKON03.jpg
188KB, 1920x1200px
Whats your favorite /out/ reality show? Just started watching pic related and its pretty good
>>
Dual survival.

Matt graham is a legend.
>>
>Reality Show
>Good

>>488374
Is the only exception when Lundin and Canterbury were together.
>>
>>488374
I would watch the new dual survival if I was into watching two guys bushcraft anal lube out of tree sap
>>
>>488374
The problem with Dual Survival is, that you don't learn any survival skills. Matt Graham is some sort of a wilderness survival expert, but he doesn't share any of his knowledge with the audience. Then this other guy knows nothing about survival. In one of the last episodes he had a Doan Machinery magnesium block/ferro rod firestarter, a tampon and a lipstick, and some kerosine wood, he didn't know how to use the firestarter and actually called it a "Magnesium rod".

He had no idea how to shave off the magnesium into a pile, he scattered it all over the place. He scraped the ferro insert fucking 18 times and still didn't manage to light the magnesium shavings.

>For him it was "the most challenging fire he's ever made."

Then in the other episode it turned out he doesn't even know how to light a match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UsbSMplJ6g4#t=167
And he tried to use matches while they were damp (and ruining them).
>>
>>488378
>Canterbury
>King of liars
Why do people still trust his nonsense?
>>
File: USA.jpg (2MB, 3333x1875px) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
2MB, 3333x1875px
>>488312
I've been watching Ultimate Survival Alaska since the beginning. It's scripted, but I always get a good laugh when they get wet and continue on like it was nothing. It's even funnier when they get into accidents deliberately. Each leg takes 60 hours, but somehow every team gets to the flag within minutes, usually one team comes late and finishes just seconds before deadline. The show makes no sense, but it is entertaining to watch. The actors are mostly ok and there are some smart and some less smart, even crazy characters. And every time something crazy happens, film is cut and they show this Ultimate Survival Alaska -flag and you hear this wolf howling. It's crazy. I don't think the show is intended to be a comedy but that's what it is.

Survivorman continues to be the best.
>>
>>488312
isn't Survivorman the only survival show that's actually 'real'?

Les is my dude
>>
>>488802
Makes me think of one I watched where they

>Tear up the map
>"In the spirit of Chris McCandles!"
>are like 5 miles away from their destination with only a single hill in the way that will give them a vantage on the extremely open tundra

If they needed to consult a map for that then shit.......

>Make 10 people who know nothing about outdoors go to alaska
>Give them tarps with ropes to put all their stuff in
>They catch a mouse after 3 days of no food
>One lady freaks out and quits when they didn't save her approx. 20milligrams of mouse scraps
>No one can start a fire

Is there no show that doesn't just have some likeable people being reasonable and outside? Why can't there be a topgear equivalent to an outdoor program?

>Bonus points

That 4x4 race across alaska show

>This should be interesting
>It's like the iditarod race but with cars
>What a cool concept, this could actually get pretty big and grow into a homologated racing series and be like the America's Cup for cars
>Or an Alaskan Dakar
>Or the Alaska 500
>Fuck yes!
>...........
>Show is just a bunch of dipshit rednecks and other assorted retards smashing 4x4s through pretty simpleton grade terrain at derkader speeds
>Is all hyped up like everything on the history channel

Huge fucking disappointment
>>
>>488818
Kind of sort of. There was some dude who likely has a mental condition who broke down one of the episodes piece by piece to find all the discrepancies in it, and some other guy that actually went out and traced Stroud's footsteps, found some errors. Now this doesn't mean every episode is like that, but really, like all media nothing's completely real. Les is just more real than most.

http://www.edarnell.com/locations/Locations/Intro.html

http://backcountrypost.com/threads/ticaboo-creek-aka-survivorman-is-a-fake.2818/
>>
>>488802
The fucking knots on that flag lol

The rope on the bottom is just cinched together somehow, it's not even tied it's just hanging on by sheer magnetism. haha
>>
>>488849
yeah im sure they have to cut some corners to make a 30 minute episode function. Les remains my dude

this edarnell analysis is fucking hilarious though hahaha, this dude went sooooooo hard geez
>>
>>488859
Everyone needs a hobby, Tychus.
>>
>>488374
Yes, Matt Graham is pretty awesome. Joe Teti on the other hand is not only devoid of ANY survival skills but he's also annoying as fuck.

What Discovery should do is give the show to Matt alone and have him go in depth showing exactly how to construct / perform bushcraft survival skills.

I would definitely watch THAT show...
>>
>>488867
Too bad no one else would.

For me youtube is the savior for survival skills, most any for profit media will shape and throw in or throw out bullshit to keep the viewership and ratings.
>>
>>488798
Why would I care about any of that bollocks? Him and Cody made a great pair and both were very enjoyable to watch.

>Implying Canterbury doesn't know his shit.
>>
Just started watching Departures, is it shit?
>>
>>488967
Yes, they go to amazing places and waste their time at clubs. They went to Japan to climb Fuji and didn't climb because they "Didn't bother to check the weather".
>>
I prefer actually being out instead of watching television like a drooling idiot.
>>
>>488953
His shit can't be trusted is all.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n4pegaqRW41r9vdbu.jpg (24KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4pegaqRW41r9vdbu.jpg
24KB, 333x333px
>>489071
*le tip*
>>
>>489019

The second season is better so far, been marathoning it the last few days. They go to Libya and sand board in the Sahara and swim in an oasis.
>>
>>488868
>Too bad no one else would.
I'm not so sure that the viewing public is demanding all this fake scripted drama.
>>
>>488798
>>489077
Hey... it's the douchebag again.
>>
>>488312
"The Colony, Season 1"
>>
>>489146
>The Colony, Season 1
Here is your ticket to waste 450 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vSmje7rhQ#t=2m25s
>>
>>489119
Being truthful is being a douchebag?
>>
>>489152
yes because you triggered him
>>
>>489225
I'll try to give a warning next time, how does spoiler on /out/?
>>
File: fry.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fry.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>489227
>>
File: Fat-Guys-in-the-Woods.jpg (3MB, 2880x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Fat-Guys-in-the-Woods.jpg
3MB, 2880x1920px
>>488312
Fat Guys In The Woods
>>
>>488312
>Whats your favorite /out/ reality show?
none
>>
Ray Mears and Bear Grylls are the only ones I can tolerate, maybe it's the accent.
>>
Cody Lundin has always been awesome. Les was always interesting to watch too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZr_-ZIo_mA
>>
>>489431

Bear grylls...really? lmao.
>>
>>489416
The mega sized bow drill he makes in s01e04 is genious. Very good for lighting mega sized fires.
>>
>>489966
s01e05
>smear mud in face so that the ducks won't see you
>wear white shirt
>>
File: goodsurvival.png (746KB, 1824x1188px) Image search: [Google]
goodsurvival.png
746KB, 1824x1188px
>>490086
forgot pic
>>
>>490086
>sees duck
>yells DUCK! GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! DUCK!
>duck flees
>throws stick at fleeing duck
>stick misses duck

But I am still strangely drawn to the series.
>>
>>490086
If you compare this to other survival shows it's pretty good, even if you're not interested in survival. The only problem is that these fat fucks participating always survive. In real life they would all die for not finding the nearest KFC/McDonalds in time.

You think the host having a white t-shirt is the problem?
>>
Matt Graham, Les Stroud, and Cody Lundin are probably the most respectable hosts, and they have the most skill. Dual survival is just too scripted and Teti takes away from the episode complaining about "force protection".

Les Stroud gets my respect more than any other, and what he does is most like REAL survival. Is some of it edited for TV and scripted, OF COURSE. He still has survival experiences while filming, just sometimes things need to be added to make it entertaining. Would you watch an hour long show of a guy building a debris shelter and sitting around for 7 days hungry? No, so the production crew adds some excitement.
>>
>>490168
To be honest most people on /out/ would be happy to see Les building a shelter for hours. 7 days is a long time and we would be interested in all things that happen during that time. We are NOT INTERESTED ABOUT FAKED DRAMA.

All other shows that I've seen are complete bullshit. Hope to see Survivorman to return with new episodes.

And Cody Lundin deserves his own TV-show, in which he calls the shots. They made him look like some kind of crazy hippie in DS while in reality he s actually a real survival expert in Arizona.
>>
File: bg shit.webm (3MB, 480x360px)
bg shit.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>488849
i hear ya....
>>
>>490225
This is old news, but still I can't believe they did this. They had all the money to fly Mr. Grylls to any place on earth. Why did they do this? Mr Grylls would have done anything they wanted him to do. I mean, he has eaten the most disgusting stuff there is just for TV. Don't blame Mr. Grylls, blame Discovery Channel.
>>
>>490225
Oh that's funny.
>>
>>490238
Production costs and man hours. Find some tiny place just off the road that you can make look perilous on camera, spent a minute actually filming, maybe 30 minutes to set up the shoot.

Nice and cheap cheap cheap.
>>
If we are talking serious bushcraft content, on TV, then there is only ray mears, but i don't know you would call this a 'reality show'.
Ray was like the proto youtube bushcrafter, except his stuff was on mainstream tv rather than youtube.
>>
>>488798
from now on i will trust him only because i now know it rustles your jimmies
>>
>>490342
>i now know it rustles your jimmies
If unwitting people follow a liars incorrect advice, sure. If you willingly know you're listening to advice that's bad, that actually just makes me laugh, you're a new level of retard. Have at it though, you sure showed me by wanting to be misinformed!
>>
>>489084
They have eyebrow piercings and shit so I hate them, but the cameraman is a real nigga and makes the show worthwhile.
>>
>>490168
Les is a fraud.
http://backcountrypost.com/threads/ticaboo-creek-aka-survivorman-is-a-fake.2818/
>>
>>490354
Networks are a fraud, les is true blue son.
>>
I really like Dude You're Screwed, but nobody seems to mention it here...

Four or so guys, MATT GRAHAM included, and they drop each other off in exotic locations with minimal tools.

>Hilarious, and you learn some stuff about surviving alone in different environments with unconventional materials.
>>
Mantracker.

I have no idea how realistic it is, but damn is it entertaining.
>>
>>488818
Les Stroud is GOAT survival instructor. If I was dropped in the woods with anybody, I would want it to be him. He would get you out alive, and well fed, and probably happy that you spent a week fighting for your life. Because he's the best.
>>
The new season of Naked and Afraid starts soon!!!
>>
File: FILE0416_.jpg (197KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
FILE0416_.jpg
197KB, 800x600px
>the time you spend watching television could be spent going outside

I can honestly say I've never watched any of these shows, and the only reason I recognize their names is because of this board.

>forgot to stop recording when I took my helmet off
>>
>>489477
First of I dont watch tv and have not really seen his show for years exept from clips on youtube. I like his positiv energy and seems to be a geuinly nice guy, and have been-ther-and-done-that. If you use your common sense and sort out the bs and out right crazy stuff, he give some sound and unusual advices on how to survive. So for being a tv show I like him.
>>
>>489431
>Ray Mears
>Reality TV

Seriously, no. Ray actually has quite a bit of disdain for infotainment, celebrity culture and that sort of thing.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.