[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/. I assume you have had contact with wasp/hornet nests.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: fuccing nest.jpg (102KB, 1437x634px) Image search: [Google]
fuccing nest.jpg
102KB, 1437x634px
Hey /out/.
I assume you have had contact with wasp/hornet nests.
I got one in my boat, and im curious as to what kind of wasp or hornet it is, and how do i get rid of this shit?
I am in Europe, if that makes a difference in determining what kind of nest it is.

Thanks
>>
>mix 10:1 water:dish washing liquid in a strong hand spray bottle
>wait til evening
>wear dark clothes
>spray the everloving fuck out of it until it dissolves
the soap coats the wasps' bodies and suffocates them.
>>
File: serveimage(2).png (1MB, 1024x1600px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(2).png
1MB, 1024x1600px
>>1098634
Nothing bullets can't cure son
>>
>>1098634
Im not sure how and where they get in your boat. Glue traps, like fuckhueg glue traps made out of cardboard, mouseglue and honey splashed on top did the job for me. And that was a nest hidden in the roof, you can easily weaken the colony until they start literally throwing out their larvae (seen it happen, kinda a last resort thing) and then you get the balls to swoop in with a thick bag and baggem
>>
>>1098700
>>1098637
They are in the bow compartment of the boat, its just a 20 footer fiberglass. I hear they tend to nest up in boats, wooden or fiberglass.

Burning sulphur wont help, you dont think?

Thanks bros
>>
File: IMG_5961.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5961.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1098705
It might but i didnt do that. You see the fuckers are cautious when it comes to their nest; they dont just fly in. They land somewhere first and walk the way to the entrance. That saves me, seeing they landed perfectly on the glue trap. And then they get scared or angry and call in their friends. They die in couples, oddly
>>
>>1098708
Jesus fuck those are huge.

Yeah, i just wanna get that shit out and then light it on fire lol.
Id just burn it instantly, but its on fiberglass, so i dont want to do that.
>>
File: DismalQuickGourami.webm (831KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DismalQuickGourami.webm
831KB, 1280x720px
Just gargle them
>>
I don't get this. Why can't he just put on a bunch of thick winter clothes and a face net, duct tape all the seams shut, then just pick it up and punt it off into the water?
>>
>>1098634
Why is this a thread, buy some wasp/hornet spray
>>
>>1098634
1 or 2 or 3 gallon pump sprayer, 1 gallon of gas. Pump it up, test the stream, soak em down.

Been doing it all my life. Pump jacks aparently are wasp bait..
>>
>>1098904
GAS IS CHEAPER
>>
>>1099396
Soap and hot water works just as well and you aren't spraying gasoline everywhere.
>>
>>1099396
>>1099397
It's a boat retard, he doesn't want to soak it in gas
>>
If that's the bow make a cardboard seal and essentialy lock them in. Get cans of raid and just spray the shit out of it through a hole then cover it up and wait until they starve to death or the fumes kill the fuckers.
>>
>>1098876
Do this for originality
>>
Just burn it with a bbq lighter. These things burn so fast there is no way it would damage fiberglass. As long as there is no other fuel sources around it you should be fine.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.