[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does you guys think about "survivalist" "survival"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: survival.jpg (161KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
survival.jpg
161KB, 700x420px
what does you guys think about "survivalist" "survival" and stuff like this?
I think its pure marketing.
>>
This looks like a survival instructor teaching some folks methods on how to start fires. Whats wrong with that?
>>
If people want to learn how to do stuff in the outdoors, I'm all for it. If people want to buy a ton of gear from American cottage manufacturers, I'm all for that as well. If people want to walk 1 mile into some high elevation environment and chop down every sapling within a quarter mile and shit up the place to play bushcraft, then they can fuck right off.
>>
>>1098938
Instructor probably wont survive a shit. And he is repeating what he saw in YouTube.
>>
>>1099070
>Instructor probably wont survive a shit
Good. No one learns survival skills hoping to be in a situation to use them.
>>
learning basic "survival" techniques like starting a fire and shelter building is fine. its when the guys watch dick proenneke and think they can go survive off innawoods on their own is when it starts to be a problem.

teach them techniques all you want, dont market it as a lifestyle tho.
>>
>>1098434
in real life survival situations the skill that saves people is just walking. Walk the fuck out of whatever bad situation you're in.
everything else is just for pretend.
I mean really, you get lost in the woods and you're going to set up snares and build shelters and fires and take up permanent residence?

no, you walk the fuck out.
>>
>>1098434
god i wish i hoped on the survivalism train 10 years ago. All you had to do was write a book teaching city and suburbanites how to start a fire and how to set up your tent, etc and package it with orange and rubber covered kmart tier tools to become a millionaire

>>1098938
he also wants you to buy his book

>>1099070
60 iq primitives can figure out how to survival just fine, he wont have any problem, its suicide that will kill the most in a shtf

>>1099121
keep telling yourself that

>>1099127
dick flew in 95% of his food and gear. Anyone could watch his documentary and survive in the same manner. Hell his cabin was even the simplest possible style, and took him a week to build.

>>1099129
this
>>
>>1098434
>what does you guys think about "survivalist" "survival" and stuff like this?
>I think its pure marketing.
If you are looking at stuff that is sold as "survival", you are mostly right. It's an excuse to sell cheap crap for a lot of money.
Also, stuff like pic related (camo, preparing for all kinds of doomsday things, preppers) is ridiculous and autistic.
But reading and practicing on a few basic skills that might safe yoour ass in case something goes wrong or you loose or break your expensive hight tech gear? Definitely a must.
>>
>>1098983
Exactly, they can build their play fort on their own property.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.