[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off yo grid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: cuckshed.jpg (216KB, 789x720px) Image search: [Google]
cuckshed.jpg
216KB, 789x720px
If I'm living innawoods won't the cops show up and shut me down for not having running water?
>>
>>1096722
That's going to depend on local building ordinances and whether or not you own the land.

A general rule though, is that tiny homes (built on trailers) aren't considered permanent structures, so they aren't restricted by building codes. And unless you're in a city, there likely won't be any laws that say that you have to live in a house at all.
>>
>>1096722
You don't need running water.
>>
>>1096722
most places I know of in the western US require you to have utilities on the property in order to park an RV or mobile home. So yes, water. Also electric, gas, and sewer/septic.

a lot of places will allow you to camp on your land without utilities for a certain amount of time each year. Usually just a few weeks.

If you build your own place without getting a permit and inspections the cops won't arrest you, they just give you an eviction notice, bulldoze your shit, and haul you into court to pay for the cost of evicting and bulldozing your shit.
>>
>>1096722
In my county the only requirement is a septic system.
An outhouse is also acceptable, but is just as much effort as a full septic tank and leach field so its kind of pointless.
Running water or electricity are not mandatory.
Temporary housing is legal here as long as you plan on building a home in the future.
But there's no required timeframe in which you must complete a permanent home, so its a nice loophole.
But I'm in Georgia, you won't get away with the same setup in California.
>>
Just make sure you are not home on tap inspection day
>>
>>1097086
Not necessarily true. If your "place" isn't listed as a permanent residence you get a lot of leeway in most places.

My parents built a cabin no utilities not water and only an outhouse and no one said anything for 20 years.

But it wasn't listed as a residence.
They just started spending weekends there and eventually weeks, months and now they're there full time.

They have since installed indoor plumbing via cistern. They just buy drinking water once a month from the store.
>>
>>1097197
This.

Also, a lot of it depends on the county ordnances where you're living too.
A heavily urbanized county and/or a county with a state capital in it (Los Angeles, New York, Cook County IL, Wayne County MI, Fulton & Cobb in GA, etc) won't let you get away with shit, because they've seen the horror stories of "developers" building a house and selling it to city folks when it doesn't have electric or water connected.
More rural counties don't give a fuck. More importantly, they're too poor to afford to give a fuck. You want to be a mountain man/off-grid/prepper on your own land? Go right ahead. As long as the property taxes are paid, they don't care.
And if it's a long-time poor county from old, they realize that lots
>>
>>1097206
...long term poor counties realize that lots of people live there who have NEVER had indoor plumbing or electricity in the first place. Why would they throw those people-who will certainly vote for or against THEM in the next local election-out of their own homes?
>>
>>1096722
Just shoot the pigs when they show up
>>
>>1097086
>western US require you to have utilities on the property in
Only cities.
Out inna boonies , no one cares except maybe commifornia
>>
>>1097239
this
The law of man, not the law of the man.
>>
>>1097197
>Build "shed"
>get "shed" inspected
>taxed at shed rate
>county finds out you're living in your "shed"
>haven't paid residential taxes in 20 years
>haven't brought it up to residential code
yeah, they'll bulldoze your shit for that.

just because your parents got away with it doesn't mean OP or anyone else will
>>
File: wedfwdfwfdwa.png (18KB, 595x235px) Image search: [Google]
wedfwdfwfdwa.png
18KB, 595x235px
>>1097086

So the US government won't let you camp out on your OWN LAND for as long as you like? Would they seriously throw you in jail for living a certain way and not bothering anybody else?
>>
>>1097386

Never underestimate the assholery of a bureaucrat with a chip on their shoulder or a local government that wants to seize your assets for easy money with any excuse. God Bless America, land of the brave and home of stickin to everybody in sight.
>>
>>1097386
no, that's your state, county, and/or city/town/hoa government.

The US government doesn't care.
>>
>>1096722
like 20% of americans dont have running water, i think youll be fine
>>
>>1097415
You just made that up
>>
Is there anywhere in the world you can truly live innawoods and off the grid without running into problems with legality?
>>
I found an acre out in nowhere, Indiana. The guy only wants a grand for it. The thing is, I talked to a lawyer about it and she says that it's too small for septic, and that I wouldn't be able to have a camper on it legally.
I've considered buying it and just trying to live on it without contacting the zoning department. I already have a camper that I live in, but the RV parks around here close in the winter. Worst case, a neighbor calls the zoning department and I have to move my camper. You guys think it's worth the risk? I can always use the land for something else like a garden and chickens.
>>
>>1097879
Is the septic the only reason yiu cant have a camper?
Can people see you from the road?
>>
>>1097895
Yeah, apparently you need one in this county for it to be legal. There are two neighbors that border the property. And yes, you can see it from the road. Other than that it's mostly fields and woods out there. The guy that owns it doesn't mow or anything, and apparently has issues with one neighbor. My thinking is, the neighbors may actually be happier if I was there because the property would start looking nice. I think the only way I'd get caught is of a neighbor called on me.
>>
>>1097908
>you can see it from the road.
can you drive to it from the road? You got an easement or what? because without access it's worthless.
>>
>>1097924
I should have been more specific. It's accessible from the road. I wouldn't have to touch anyone else's property to get to it. As far as running I water goes, I'd have to get good at meal prepping somewhere else, and stay stocked on drinking water. I already take all my showers at the Y. I also have family friends in walking distance from the property, so I have a toilet access. It's totally doable if the neighbors are cool.
>>
>>1096722
FUCK THE POLICE!!!!
>>
If you have to walk two miles through brush to get to your house, no one with the authority to do anything about it will.
>>
>>1098210
I knew some people that thought that.
They build a 3 story house back in the woods where nobody could see it. Google Earth busted them. The county tore their house down and then sued them for the cost of destroying it.
>>
>>1098222
I don't believe you, not the least reason of which being that they're required to give a six month "vacate or fix" notice. No one is going to lose a three-story house over a few grand worth of repairs.
>>
>>1098224
they aren't required to give you shit when you don't get a permit and don't allow inspections. It didn't help that they had a locked gate on their driveway so nobody could serve them papers.

It went really fast as I recall. There was an article in the paper about the structure and less than a month later it was torn down.
>>
>>1098224
>No one is going to lose a three-story house over a few grand worth of repairs.
you would think.

these guys were very anti-government. They'd fit in great here. I worked with their daughter, she was 19 years old, didn't have any vaccinations, never attended school, didn't even have a social security number. She was fucked when it came time to find a job. She got work using fake numbers and then quit when the boss found out. I don't know what she's doing now, I advised her to apply for a birth certificate and ssn. Probably born in a tent though, so fuck if I know.

I don't think they spent much on their house. It was big but probably made entirely of stolen lumber and whatever they could scavenge around town.
>>
>>1098235
I don't know, man. I've seen situations where government hasn't been able to get squatters out a place; it's hard to imagine them being successful at forcing off people who actually own the land. And squatters typically don't have utilities like running water or electricity either.
>>
>>1098266
these guys didn't have any utilities. I tried to find the article to check my memory, but no luck. It was in the mid-90's.

as I recall the county summoned the owners to a hearing by publication which of course they didn't attend. During the hearing the county condemned the structure outright and the owners didn't show up to contest it. So it was a default judgment situation. From there I assume it was just a matter of the sheriff cutting the locks and serving an eviction notice and intent to destroy the property, but I don't recall ever reading the actual legal process that was followed.

The owners fled, afaik nobody here ever heard from them again.
>>
>>1098266
You're absolutely right about squatters though.

I'd guess the only difference is these guys ran when the law came down on them. Perhaps if they'd have refused to leave the house they'd still own it.
>>
>>1098273
>>1098274
Kinda sounds like they didn't own it in the first place, or maybe they had outstanding warrants they didn't want checked up on, but without actually seeing how shit went down, it's hard to say.
>>
>>1098277
>maybe they had outstanding warrants they didn't want checked up on
that was always my best guess.

I live in a dead end town near the wilderness, we get a lot of convicts and people on the run. That's not unusual here. Building a huge house in the woods on a cheap acreage is a little odd though. I wonder how long they were building the damn thing without anyone noticing before they finally finished it and moved in. I imagine them sneaking truckloads of material in the dead of night. The whole thing was really odd. They were nice enough people though. Very well liked when they lived in town.
>>
>>1098280
Sounds like my kind of place. I've always wanted to move into some little town in the cascade range.
>>
>>1098282
Yeah, it's not bad.
I'm in Colorado. A lot of people here either come from or move to Alaska because there's a whole state full of dead end towns next to miles of wilderness.
>>
>>1098235

Farkin hell cunt, that's redneck af.
>>
>>1097374
the thought that this is thought to be a normal affair of how things should be by so many makes me rage
if i wan't to live in a shed and shit into a hole in the boonies the fuck is it your business*
*I can understand that shitting and stuff shoudl be more regulated in cities and such although this seems to be all the rage nowadays
https://www.citylab.com/equity/2015/10/mapping-san-franciscos-sidewalk-pooping-problem/409561/
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/health/sd-me-hepatitis-faulconer-20170908-story.html
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449421/poop-covered-sidewalks-racially-insensitive-clean-them-says-seattle-councilman
PS. also fuck residential taxes
>>
>>1098222
hmm should use masking net on the top of your hose -- fuck google ---
how is it even a thing that fuckers can just post aero-photos (and photos taken by their annoying little shitcars) of your property
>>
>>1098266
ironically you are always easier to be fucked by law if you are property owner
and quite often youy are the more easier to be fucked the more law abiding you are
you own property on your name and work offically and pay taxes -- some shit happens your bank accounts can be arrested you be driven from your land etc.
don't own shit like heroin and squatting on other peoples propertiies ? worst that happens that after a lenghty court batltle you'll have to find another pace to squat and shoot heroin
>>
>>1099157
Bootlicker
>>
>>1099200
>how
Photos taken from public property are protected under the first amendment.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.