[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw wagecuck who will never be a US Park Ranger at some dank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1502927962210.gif (2MB, 267x260px) Image search: [Google]
1502927962210.gif
2MB, 267x260px
>tfw wagecuck who will never be a US Park Ranger at some dank ass national park
>>
Why not? If you really wanted it, you'd do it.
>>
>>1096210
Easier said than done, NEET.
>>
>>1096204
>US Park Circus Ranger
all the work of being a cop without any of the respect or money.
>>
>>1096210
realistically they'd need to do a couple tours with the Marines in Afghanistan in a combat zone before coming home and using the GI Bill to get a degree in law enforcement.

then once they're grossly overqualified they have to volunteer for a position with the Park Circus cleaning shitters for less than minimum wage 6 months a year. If after 5 years of doing that their coworkers like them and they've kissed enough ass they might get offered a full time position.

Gov jobs are comfy af but good luck getting in.
>>
File: Gondoling Intensifies.gif (313KB, 739x570px) Image search: [Google]
Gondoling Intensifies.gif
313KB, 739x570px
>>1096204
>TFW never cleaning shit splatter from women's restroom, carrying snakebit Oriental tourists, reminding drunks about quiet hours, and watching obese burgers fall off the trail.
>>
>>1096223
Don't forget the minimum M.A. in Forestry or better yet a Ph.D
>>
I feel you Op.
be me
>student at community college
>goes in for associates in graphic design with applied sciences
>midway through second year I decide to change major (I forgot what I was changing it to, I think it was for biology?? idk)
>starts taking an intro to human bio class as one of the requirements
>professor treats class as if we're all going into med school, most of the other kids there are just taking the class for a science requirement
>at first I give it my all, but eventually bitch out
>after that semester I decide to go back to working on my graphic design degree

I'm still working on my graphic design degree, but i'm considering doing some volunteering at a local park. Maybe look into some internships for state parks?
I know that you have to pass some sort of fitness/endurance test depending on which state your in for the requirements. I guess it just depends on where you want to work.
>>
>>1096263
right?
I know one ranger in my circle of government employees, she has a masters in criminal justice and spent 8 years getting into the Park Circus full time. Ultimately the only reason she got in was because she married a Park Circus supervisor and he got her a spot.
>>
also have fun getting rotated from park to park
>>
Don't let your memes be dreams
>>
>>1096330
>graphic design degree
you should either change majors or just drop out entirely. you're wasting your time.
This is coming from someone who's been heavy into graphics design for over 10 years and now does it for a living (with no degree)
>>
File: Western_Cover_1.jpg (107KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
Western_Cover_1.jpg
107KB, 466x640px
You could just live in parks and hunt rangers until there's enough vacancies that you get in with less difficulty.
>>
File: kergulenislands.jpg (101KB, 1084x361px) Image search: [Google]
kergulenislands.jpg
101KB, 1084x361px
>>1096369
truth
>>
>>1096376
What kind of work do you specilize in? Designing webpages, logos or illustration? I was hoping to use my graphic design degree to go into illustration, scientific illustration. Because I enjoy drawing nature and wildlife realistically.
>>
>>1096645
Unless you're Picasso, don't try this. It won't work and you'll end up hating design. Pick a job that's a job, so you can hate it but not ruin something you love.
>>
File: 1503417091179.gif (2MB, 250x343px) Image search: [Google]
1503417091179.gif
2MB, 250x343px
My friend took a park ranger job test a few months ago. She has a BS in biology and is finally getting an interview tomorrow. What should she expect?
>>
>>1098448
77%
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.