[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times your /out/ing excursions have gone terribly, terribly wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5323.jpg (223KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5323.jpg
223KB, 384x512px
ITT: Times your /out/ing excursions have gone terribly, terribly wrong
>>
Planned a trip on the AT. 4 days.

Week of the trip my boss offers OT.
I start working doubles. Work one the day before my trip.
Get home Im whooped. Crash and sleep 14 hrs.
At some point my friend called and asked if I was still going.
Me still asleep told him "no, I'm working tonight."
They leave without me.

I'm so messed when I wake up I go into work and they're like aren't you off for a week?

By the time I got my shit right my group was already a day ahead on the trail.
>>
>visiting some mountain in Virginia about 10 years ago, can't even remember the name now
>stomach is cramping on the way up
>progressively getting worse as we reach the summit
>holy shit I can barely move
>cramp is so bad I start drinking from a stream (went through a gallon on the climb up, water subdued the pain a little) with no fucks given to disease or parasites
>have to turn around
>climb down was even worse, forced to take a knee every 20 feet
>am driven home by bf, takes 5 hours and the pain becomes unbearable
>have to go to emergency room
>gallbladder was about to burst

Essentially every time I go to VA something bad happens so now I avoid the state if possible.
>>
>>1095826
Other than the time I drove a fence post through my thigh hunting?
>plan big coastal 4-day guided duck/goose hunt with my dad in VA, gonna get us a brant (cool looking sea-goose) to put on the wall
>2 day drive to get there
>literally 3 hours into drive, stuck behind a semi, semi throws a retread and blows out both our front tires and smashes the windshield
>8 hours at nearest autobody shop getting everything fixed and we're back on the road
>really having to make time up to get there on time, end up driving through the night first night then taking a 2-hour nap in a rest stop the second day
>get in to our hotel about 1am, had called ahead letting guide know we were running behind due to bullshit
>get up at 4:30am to meet guide, dad's not feeling very good
>guide's an hour late, he has the shits
>finally get everything going, out innabay
>don't see shit-all the first day, the three of us combined shoot a total of 4 mallards and a random snow goose (limit is 6 ducks, 3 canadas, 5 snows/ross/specks combined, and 1 brant per person). Literally never even saw a brant
>dad's getting worse
>that night he spends most of the evening puking in the hotel bathroom
>I'm starting to feel sick too
>dad gets even worse, end up driving him to ER at 11pm
>call guide and be like "we're both sick, gotta bail on ya, we'll still pay for whole hunt"
>guide is at least a bro about it too since he's sick, says he'll only charge for the 1st day of the hunt
>end up going into full-blown Menier's (inherited inner-ear disease) attack while waiting for dad in ER, end up in bed next to him puking my guts out with severe vertigo
>turns out dad has a strep infection in his stomach (wut?), he's admitted and put on IV antibiotics, I'm released the next morning but still feel like shit
>end up spending 5 days there waiting for him to recover enough to travel, get royally bitched out by work even though I let them know I had a medical emergency and would be back late ahead of time
>>
>>1095826
>go on camping/hiking date
>eveything is going pretty chill
>suddenly, trail stops (found out later there was a fork we missed)
>huh, well idk.... this kind of looks like a trail
>gps says we're almost spot on
>whatever, bushwhacking isnt a problem for me
>1 h later
>man... we're really off trail now... fuck it, terrain is easy, lets keep ascending
>shit gets steep
>girl tells me she's actually scared of heights
>r u fing kidding me.jpg
>thats when i see the trail, about 1km away, a couple of brushy ravines separate us from it
>well shit ok time to traverse
>bushwhacking gets real intense
>after lots of bitching and moaning, get to the trail
>im having fun cause this is part of the game and I know were not going to die. Girl isnt convinced about the latter.
>descend, girl is pissed, gets over it on the way back though.
>turns out most of the brush in those ravines was poison oak. It was winter so it had no leaves and we didnt identify it as such.
>girl gets massive rash, oozing everywhere, its just awful.
>as it turns out, i'm immune

That was three years ago. Im buying a ring for her pretty soon.
>>
>>1096665
thats adorable
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.