[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I please have some tips & the best tackle for catching bass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 194x260px
Can I please have some tips & the best tackle for catching bass?
>>
File: Terminator.jpg (28KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
Terminator.jpg
28KB, 600x452px
>>
File: dahlberg-clackin-crayfish[1].jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dahlberg-clackin-crayfish[1].jpg
104KB, 600x600px
>>1095643
>>
>>1095643
pretty much everything works for bass, they're a trash fish anyways, fish for something else
>>
>>1095699
Trash fish is your opinion. They put up a fun fight.
>>
>>1095699
Trash for eating, sure, but fun to catch as sport fish.
>>
>>1095643
>>>1093995
>>
>>1095643

Depends HIGHLY on:

>Your location
>Particular lake
>Do you have a boat?
>Time of year
>Your budget
>>
>>1095701
>trash eating

Largemouth under 14" are pretty tasty beer battered and deep fried.
>>
6" Black rubber worm with white stripe, comes rigged w. hooks.
Fish it slow and with little or no weight along edges of weeds and lilipads in less than 6' of water at dusk and dawn.

Let it sink, retrieve slowly so it rises about halfway to the surface, let it sink. Repeat. If you see fish moving, let it rest, twitch it, and reel it in fast about 4'. And so on and so forth.
>>
Bass fishing is surprisingly difficult if you don't have a boat, because you're usually casting towards as much structure as you can find, and if you're shore-bound you can usually only cast to a few places within an average trip to the lake.

I think bank fisherman should focus more on catfish and carp. They are also bigger and better eating fish so I see no reason to target bass except preference, unless you have a boat.
>>
>>1095813
>tfw my state has an 18" limit for bass, can't keep anything shorter than that
Also, a 14" largemouth will weigh what, like 7/8ths of a pound?
>>
>>1096262
>catfish and carp
>better eating than bass
regional tastes are pretty interesting
>>
>>1095643
what kind of bass?

>>1095650
great for small mouth and large mouth when water temps are right, for large poppers and jitterbugs work morning and evening and in shade when water temps are up. when the waters warm anything that dives can work if you can make it look wounded.

>>1095701
they hardly put up a fight and are like reeling in a log compared to pike and musky, i've never landed a gar pike. though small mouth fight better than large mouth, never caught a striped bass before, they aren't in my area.

>>1096262
having a boat in my area only helps when fishing big lakes like lake champlain when its mid summer and in the middle of the day when they go deep for cooler water. anything you can catch from a boat you can catch standing on shore.

not what OP asked for but ill add anyways

pike and musky - anything orange, what works best is the red pelvic fins of a yellow perch with a chunk of belly stuck on a hook and used as a lure.

catfish and bullhead - cheese balls, planters used to make the best ones, other brands still work better than chicken liver tied up in some nylons.

crappy and rock bass - marabou jigs at dusk right on the shore line, its easier than ice fishing.
>>
>>
>>1098714
These are a meme. They work great but they break after one fish and are too brittle you can get the same effect from Bass pro shops stick-Os at a fraction of the cost and they'll last longer and are better quality in my opinion
>>
>/fg/ fishing general
>>1097610
>>
>>1095813
They also taste good smoked.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.