[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, I just got my first car. It's a 1999 4 door Grand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170917_101450.jpg (3MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170917_101450.jpg
3MB, 4640x3480px
Hi /o/, I just got my first car. It's a 1999 4 door Grand Prix that I bought off some guy for $650. I have to go get it insured and then licensed. How do I avoid getting jewed by the insurance company? Is there any way I could fuck this up? Also any advice for first time Grand Prix owners?
>>
>i just bought my first car
>im new to car ownership
>and driving
>especially in the night time
>moreso if its rainy or snowy or foggy
>how can i avoid the insurance company fucking me?
>>
>>17892468
as for the real answer tho, set your goals in life a whole fucking lot higher and understand that this shit takes a ton of money and time and effort and hardship. so how much do you really like cars?
>>
>>17892450
>Also any advice for first time Grand Prix owners?
everything breaks. everything is easily fixable aside from the radiator
>>
File: 675859.jpg (165KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
675859.jpg
165KB, 1000x995px
The best thing to do is check what the different companies can offer you, and what is covered under those offers

Then you decide on what you'd wanna get, buy the car in question and get the insurance

You can do the same thing now, but its always wise to check insurances before buying so that you suddenly don't find yourself being offered nothing but stupidly high premiums for shit coverage
>>
>>17892450
Personally I would forego comprehensive, collision and underinsured insurance, and I would get about double the minimum liability. So like 50/100/50.
>>
>>17893039
depending on where he is at he might be forced to get a plan thats not liability
>>
File: DSC_2459-Edit small.jpg (545KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2459-Edit small.jpg
545KB, 1920x1281px
GP owner here

did you check the rockers/strut towers for rust before you bought it?

what about the coolant elbows/intake and valve cover gaskets?

has the trans been worked on/replaced at all?

is it a GTP? if so, you can make it pretty quick with not alot of money

congrats, they are great cars for what they are and will run to the end of time with minimal maintenance
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.