[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

77 AMC Gremlin X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 77 gremlin x.jpg (50KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
77 gremlin x.jpg
50KB, 360x480px
whats up br/o/s
some of you may remember me a while back talking about purchasing a 1977 amc matador barcelona II. unfortunetly, a tough decision had to be made and i did not go through with the deal. the car was just in too bad of a shape. however, I have found my next amc. What do you guys think? is it worth 900$?
>>
Show us the side so we can know how rusty it is.
>>
File: grem rear passenger panel.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
grem rear passenger panel.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>13660950
im on it bossman
>>
File: gremlin shock tower.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
gremlin shock tower.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
the worst of it is actually next to the drivers side shock tower. its gonna need new metal welded in to reconnect it to the frame
>>
File: grem engine bay.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
grem engine bay.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
its got the 232-cu inch staright six 1 barrel carb, it runs smooth, shifts and drives, but it needs the rust issue taken care of before going anywhere. interior is actually really clean exceot for a ripped drivers seat
>>
File: grem rear end.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
grem rear end.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
plus
>that back end
>>
I'd say maybe $400 or $500 to be honest. I would only get it if you are confident in yourself to do the rust work, because it looks like it may be a long project. The Barcelona looks like it's in the same shape if you ask me.
>>
>>13661087
dat ass doe
>>
>>13661341
Yea, I already talked him down from 1200, I'll see what I can do. The thing about the matador was that it was that while it was pristine in some areas it was completely gone in others. At least this thing idles and drives, and it doesn't have animals living in it
>>
>>13660926
Offer them 300, but for the love of God, don't go above $500.
>>
>>13661964
I don't want to scare the guy away by offering too little shekels
>>
>>13661984
Yeah, but that's all the thing's worth.

He isn't going to get a better offer than five hundred for it, it's in too bad of shape for an enthusiast to want to put $1000+ down on it, and it's too ugly and shitty as a car for an everyman to want it.

The big secret is making him realize that.
>>
>>13662011
I will do my best. He told me he had to basically buy a Bill of sale for it because he didnt get one from the dealership. He told me he paid 850$ for it so he doesn't want to go lower than 900. I would like to get it for as cheap as possible also. I'm just not an experienced haggler
>>
>>13662070
Let it sit for awhile, then get back to him in a few weeks to see if he's gotten any new offers, and he probably won't, then remind him that your offer of 400-500$ is still good.

The big secrets are being patient, and being willing to walk away if it doesn't work out. This guy sounds like he got a bum deal on the is car to begin with and is now trying to recoup his losses on a car he probably thought he could flip. Just wear him down and don't be afraid to walk away if he won't meet you at a more reasonable price.

Always remember with a car like this: "He needs to sell it more than I need to buy it", if it's just not going to work out it's no big deal to you, he's the one stuck with the shitty car that's just taking up space on his property and being a turd. There will always be more cars for you to choose from.
>>
>>13662070
Link your craigslist, I'd love to see what other things I can find for you.
>>
>>13662070
There was a 1979 Chrysler 300 down my street for sale for like $2000. After it was for sale forever and talking nicely to him I got it for $600.
>>
>>13662117
I just look through out the ny area
>>
>>13660926
Put a big block like a hemi
>>
>>13662262
I was thinking dropping in the amc 401
>>13662163
Thanks for the help, I'll make sure to use those tactics
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.