[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TPP Chicken Tax, and Hope.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Toyota-Land-Cruiser-70-Image-05.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota-Land-Cruiser-70-Image-05.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
So, if the TPP goes through, the EU and the US start working on "more aligned" standards, and the Chicken Tax finally bites the dust.

Does that mean Toyota will stop shipping the luxo-twins (J200 LC and LX 5,000,000) to the states and finally get the US the J70, the Hilux, or dare we dream, both?

Honestly? Not likely. The Taco needs breathing room in the states which nixes basically any of the pickup varieties, there are too many Highlanders and 4Runners out there to justify a wagon 70 making an appearance, and Toyota wouldn't jeopardize RAV4 sales by introducing a competent short wheelbase LC70.

Still . . . there is hope, right? Maybe . . . just maybe . . . they'll discontinue the J200 LC in the US, relying on the LX to fill that land-boat segment, and ship the same small volume of 70s our way. Nothing to compete with established models, but just enough to get them on the market for a test run . . .

So uh, I guess this thread is for import speculations after the hopeful demise of the chicken tax. Yeah, that seems like a good topic.
>>
i doubt they would let new 70 series into the US. it would bite into the TRD image theyre trying to sell here at the moment, with TRD(TM) toughened regular vehicles, not trail-rig-out-of-the-box.
>>
>TPP changes which could potentially benefit consumers and enthusiasts of any market
tip kok
TPP is a BOHICA-fest for lawyers and established cross border corps to fuck everyone while the government idly watches ready to offer lube to whoever can pay for it.
>>
>>13648542
>Does that mean Toyota will stop shipping the luxo-twins
No, why would they stop selling the LC200? Are you stupid?

TPP is stupid, and you should feel bad for wanting that poverty spec POS over the LC200. The only way I'd buy one of those is if it had the AB60 and rear coil springs.
>>
>>13653276
>You're stupid and you should feel bad for wanting what I don't want
This is what you are literally saying.
>>13648542
FYI, just about every market with the J70 range available also sells the J200, Rav 4 and Kruger side by side. They're all different vehicles that fill a different niche. No reason it wouldn't work.
>>
>>13653319
I didn't say he was stupid for wanting what I don't want, I said he should feel bad. He's stupid for thinking the J200 would get discontinued in the US and for thinking the TPP is good.
>>
>>13653325
>I said he should feel bad
Yes, I covered that.
>for wanting what I don't want
What you literally said.
>they wouldn't discontinue...
Also covered that.
>>
>>13653337
Nonsense reply, please rephrase.
>>
The 70 series isn't sold in the EU
No one is going to buy a 30 year old work truck over a RAV4.
>>
>>13650588
TRD stands for Toyota Racing Development.
>>
>>13653396
Yeah this pretty much. I don't see at all how the 70 competes with the rav4, short wheelbase or not. They are completely different.
>>
The TPP is a disaster waiting to happen.

Revolution when?
>>
>>13648542
Chicken tax and trade agreements have nothing to do with the lack of a US J70 or Hilux.

70 Wagon could have been sold here IF it met safety/economy standards and there was a market for it. It doesn't and there isn't.
70 pickup/utility and Hilux could have been sold here IF they met safety/economy standards and there was a market for them through the same loop holes used for other imported pickups. They don't and there isn't.

Biggest thing is market. We as enthusiasts are a minority. Normies have no interest in buying a 2015 truck designed in the 60s. Even within our minority, only a small portion would have any interest in buying one, and it wouldn't be enough to maintain continued sales.
>>
File: 1442101134617.gif (183KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1442101134617.gif
183KB, 500x250px
Honestly just repeal the 25 year ban and let fuckers import whatever the hell they want

I want a RB26DETT Stagea dammit

That's the solution to our woes- not some silly repeal of a chicken tax that would take decades to figure out knowing our gov

Seriously, call up bernie sanders or trump and get them to kick that shit out the door.

It's the land of the free. If I want to drive a death trap I should be able to
>>
>>13653597
I understand that, what idiot doesnt?
do you have any idea how much of consumer-oriented TRD is focused on Off-Road?
>>
>>13655173
Why haven't people repealed it yet?

It's like you want Mercedes to cuck you guys for life.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.