[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've got a 2000 mustang and the roads around here are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4667.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4667.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So I've got a 2000 mustang and the roads around here are absolute shit, it keeps scraping the ground while driving down the road. Is there any suspension kit I can put on it that'll make it ride a little higher off the ground?
>>
I doubt it.
Get an SUV or stop living in Texas.
>>
>>13645999
We have a 2001 impala that doesn't scrape the ground at all, so it shouldn't take much to get it to stop scraping.
>>
Get tires with thicker sidewall.
>>
>factory off-road stance
>want to go higher
its not the roads, its you driving 70mph over bumps. Factory suspension is super soft on these cars. You're not scraping, youre just bottoming it out. Put stiffer springs in it.
>>
>>13646197
I have a 95 mustang feels good bruh
>>
If the front air dam scrapes a little bit it's not the end of the world.
>>
>>13645994
This had to be bait, how can a 4x4 be scraping?
>>
>>13646424
it's dragging the undercarriage
>>13646197
You're incorrect, it's dips and high spots in the pavement scraping on the underside of the car. I know the difference between the suspension bottoming out and the sound of metal scraping on pavement, this is the latter.
>>
>>13645994
Put a chin spoiler on it, so that it scrapes that instead of the bumber and plus it would look decent.
>>
>>13646874
I said before, it's not the bumper that's scraping, it's the floorpan
>>
>>13648259

If that's the case, your shock absorbers are FUCKED. Get them replaced, for fuck's sake it must be like driving a bouncy castle.
>>
>>13648273
This get new springs too, the old ones are probably sagging at this point depending on the mileage
>>
>>13645994
I drove an absolutely awful SN95 on the worst roads in Canada. We're talking potholes almost as big as your mom. It was stock, and never bottomed out or scraped.

There's something wrong with you car mechanically. Maybe the shocks are blown or something
>>
>>13648273
No, it's still pretty stiff, you guys just don't seem to understand how shitty some of these roads are. I scrape at five miles an hour, there's just that deep of valleys in the road.
>>
>>13648325
look into some sort of coil spacers. You probably won't be able to go more than 1-2 inches without throwing off the camber a lot. Also look into different coil springs

look up what you have here and find something with the same end styles and either a stiffer rate or taller uncompressed length.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/

as others have said, taller tires would help too
>>
>>13648342
actually just use this

http://www.fme-cat.com/application.aspx

and this

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/moog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MOOG_Coil_Springs_Spec.pdf
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.