[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Voyeur Cams | Click for more| Home]

Do any of you wax your windshield? I saw Chris Fix wax his in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.
Voyeur Cams

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Do any of you wax your windshield? I saw Chris Fix wax his in a video, but I've never met anyone who does this.
>>
The process of waxing is utilized to seal up the unevenness of car paint in the form of microscopic ridges that the wax fills up.

Glass doesn't have microscopic ridges.
>>
>>13631286
Sure it does, but not fixable by wax. Carglass (Germany only?) does have a compound that can, under some circumstances, fix that, but mostly it's used for actual cracks (stonechips).
>>
>>13631261
i saw this too. is he trollin or is it fine to literally wax every exterior part of the car
>>
>>13631331
I literally just waxed every inches of my car's exterior except the plastics.
Works fine and on the windshield, it really does wonder when it rains, it's really impressive.
But, if you have small holes, impacts and stuff, the wax will fill those and leave white dots, kinda looks terrible.
Also you better buff your wax off when it's really dry and buff it really well, or it will leave smear marks which are pain to remove.
I personally used tech wax 2.0.
>>
rainX is basically glass wax.
id rather just use that
>>
RainX ftw
>>
I always find that my windshield fogs up a little too easily when I use rainX, and in the mornings if it's a little frosty out, only my car has frost buildup, every other car has clear glass, but I need to use my wipers.

Is this normal with RainX?
>>
>>13632889
I've a 6am off in the mornings and this is true. Have to use the wipers for the first 3 minutes before the windscreen will stay clear.
>>
I waxed my windshield with Insulator wax, same I used on the paint.

It worked well on beading water, but it didn't seem to last as long as a dedicated window water repellant like RainX or gGlass. The wipers really seemed to wear it off quicker.

It lasted longer on the sides and I might repeat doing that because its more convenient.

Also what was said above is true. Any chip will turn bright white filled up with wax.
>>
Has anyone used Aquapel or NanoSafeguard?

http://www.aquapel.com/
http://www.nanosafeguard.com/
>>
I've used bar keepers friend to clean my windshield. Don't think wax will do anything
>>
>>13633466
Why did you do that?
>>
>>13633415
Or Rain Clear
http://www.rainclear.com/

I'd never heard of these products until actually looking around for Rain-X alternatives.
>>
>>13632889
i get a slight haze when using rainX
it's better than a water droplet filled windshield i can't see out of though.
>>
>>13633855
You're supposed to buff that off
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.