[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P-Plater interlocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

AUSFAGS: What do you think about Austroads proposal to fit alcohol interlock devices to every P-plater car in australia?

1. Drink drivers will just remove the interlock anyway
2. 5500 people is most definitely NOT an acceptable number for a "Nation-Wide" survey.
3. The P-platers of 2003-2012 are obviously not P-platers anymore, therefore the statistics are in no way relevant to todays P-platers
4. Someone else could blow into the interlock,
5. How on earth are you going to wire a car to start via an interlock, if it starts with a key?
6. What if I want to drive someone else's car?
7. What if someone else wants to drive my car?
>>
link to a news story:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/p-plates-austroads-report-says-it-will-be-beneficial-to-install-alcohol-interlocks-for-all-probationary-drivers/story-e6frg6n6-1227561549158
>>
>>13609528
screenshots please, ain't nobody paying for that shit
>>
Will never happen for countless reasons
Mainly cost. Who the fuck is going to pay for that shit? It costs over 5k
Money is better spent in education
>>
>>13609586
all the news sites are making the article "premium only". fucking greedy cunts.
>>
>>13609524
Pfft, like that would ever happen. Our broke government is too busy chasing indentured university students for tens of thousands of dollars in HELP loans and futilely trying to find terrorists that shoot up police stations.
>>
>>13609600
And it's pointless anyway
Drink driving is deep down in the roots of Australian culture
Strangely enough the generations who do it the most are the ones truing to change shit... kek

Interlocks don't stop people from getting behind the wheel while drunk, it's just a stupid punishment for repeat offenders who will never change their ways

I started driving drunk at 14 btw
God bless australia
>>
>>13609629
I know someone who drives drunk and they use a battery vacuum cleaner to blow through it... fucking idiot but I can't stop him.
>>
>>13609629
I fucking love Australia now.
Maybe I'll fly an eagle over there...gonna have to loose some weight first,out of breathe just typing this...you guys have burgers over there?
>>
>>13609674
>you guys have burgers over there?

The fuck is a burger? We have kebabs here m8.
>>
>>13609629
you aussies have it bad, in england you can pass your test and drive anything aslong as you can get insured, no p plate laws. drink driving wasn't even illegal before the late 90's it used to be a slap on the wrist and they'd follow you home to make sure you got back safe
>>
>>13609689
Depends where you live
In my state there's no license restrictions, and in the more rural areas all over the country the police get pissed at the pub with everyone else then drive home
>>
>>13609524
Holy fuck. I hope that's your resident crazies making that shit up. Australia is fucking weird when it comes to politics and law.
>>
>>13609524
retarded idea, like everything else those dipshits think of
>>
>>13609689
>you aussies have it bad, in england you can pass your test and drive anything aslong as you can get insured, no p plate laws. drink driving wasn't even illegal before the late 90's it used to be a slap on the wrist and they'd follow you home to make sure you got back safe
Yeah but we also don't have to pay £4000 per year to insure our 1.3L diesel hatchbacks if we're under the age of 25.
>>
just saw the 7news report on it and holy fuck i have never felt so much rage for FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>know a guy notorious for drink driving
>got pulled over when blind drunk
>cop called him a stupid prick, took his keys off him and made him walk 5km home

One of the perks of living in bumfuck nowhere SA
>>
>>13609689
Or you could check across the ditch. In New Zealand on you can drive any car you want as soon as you get your license. Doesn't matter if it's putting 1000hp down at the wheels.
Oh and you don't need insurance to drive on public roads
>>
File: 1435111018307.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1435111018307.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Not Australian, not paying for "premium" news stories. Can someone explain what P-platers are and what this stuff is?
>>
>>13609790
> That sign
Fuckin' John Key
>>
>>13609780
NZ has better drivers, lots of rally drivers are from NZ. What does Australia have? Apparently lots of drunks.
>>
>>13609790
cucks that are new to driving get beta licenses that only let them drive britbong tier cars or something

now they're also going to have to take a breathalyzer to start their shitboxes
>>
I seriously doubt parents would be okay interlocking their cars just so the kids can drive occasionally.
>>
>>13609780
>In New Zealand on you can drive any car you want as soon as you get your license
you can also in some states in australia. and in certain states you dont need to do inspections, meanwhile you kiwis are stuck with 6 month inspections.

>Oh and you don't need insurance to drive on public roads
same in australia

>>13609833
we have bathurst cunt
>>
>>13610494
>6 month inspections
What the fuck is that
>>
>>13609698
Any lobbying group is pretty much a bunch of crazies anyway.
>>
>>13609790
P plater: a person, usually between the ages of 18-21, who hold "probationary" licenses with restrictions such as 130kW per tonne, passenger restriction, etc. They also have to display a white P with a red or green square background on their car, hence being called P platers.

The interlock device that these nutcracks want fitted to every P platers car would prevent the driver from starting the car unless it is supplied with air that has a Blood Alcohol Level of 0. It would cost every P plater $2000 per year to have it.
>>
>>13609524
Actually this is a tactic groups like this use. 5500 people is statistically way more than enough for a nation wide survey, IF they are chosen at random. Asking 5500 actually random Australians and noone would want this shit.
>>
well a lot of p platers get drive when drunk. a lot of p platers think they're fucking mark webber and can't drive for shit. both don't go together well... a lot of p platers really overstate how good they are at driving.

i don't think it's a bad idea since a lot of p platers are shit drivers, get some alcohol in to them they're even shitter but then they think they're even better drivers
but money might be better spent and people would just get pass it by getting someone sober they know or something to blow through it when they get drunk on weekends or some different way.

>How on earth are you going to wire a car to start via an interlock, if it starts with a key?
how do you think they fit the ones they put on drunk drivers cars?
6. What if I want to drive someone else's car?
well if youre driving a p plater car obviously you blow through it, if not then you drive it like normal? i don't even get what your asking in and how it's a debate with the main point
7. What if someone else wants to drive my car?
well they'd have to be sober if it had

you can't say those statistics aren't bs because they're 3 years ago. i'd say with how popular drifting and shit has got last few years, most P platers of today are even worse in driving

i don't see anything negative (non-money wise) besides if someone else wants to drive your car and they've been drinking but they have full license.
though i've drove with slight alcohol buzz on p plates plenty of times, and once when i was way too drunk but that was barely 5 blocks, just didn't want to walk.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.