[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Korea Trains Student Hackers to Fight NK Cyber Army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/south-korea-trains-student-hackers-to-fight-kims-cyber-unit-1248594

>In a darkened "war room," dozens of South Korea's brightest college students are practicing hacking one another as part of a government program to train them to battle some of the world's best -- the shadowy techno-soldiers of Kim Jong Un's regime.

>To build its defenses, President Park Geun Hye's government has enlisted 120 of the country's most talented young programmers, offering full scholarships in return for seven years of military service. While the hackers of the Kim regime may be best known for their link to last year's attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, their primary target remains South Korea, with the two countries technically still at war more than 60 years after the conflict that sealed their division.

>The urgency to train "white," or ethical, hackers is rising as industrialized nations try to safeguard digital information vital to national security and infrastructure, while combating cyber crime that is estimated to cost over $400 billion a year globally. South Korea's experience fending off the North has made the country a global player in cyber defense. Mitigating future damage still remains a challenge for Seoul's military hackers as the North's attacks become more sophisticated.
>>
Why is the room darkened?
That's not good for the eyes.
>>
>>926
That's a good point actually. You'd think they would know that.
>>
Isn't South Korea the country that requires internet to be shut off for people at certain times?
>>
>>908
>fighting against best korea
for what purpose?
>>
>>1144
Do you have an article about his? I had never heard this before.
>>
>>1147
The DPRK is attacking the SK government sites constantly, or so the western press says in general.
>>
>>1255
A bunch of ancient Dell laptops running LOIC?
>>
>>1295
I bet they could get anything modern through a third party vendor in Finland or some other neutral country. Their government does have some money to spend and nowhere to spend it. It isn't like they are going to spend it on the basics for the NK people.
>>
The most important part of the article
>'White' hackers are ethical hacks
>implies 'black' hackers are unethical

>triggered #blacklivesmatter
>>
>>1310
Are you implying you are actually #fffffff?
White and black have been used to denote good and bad even before Africa was rediscovered by Europe.
It's about day and night, not skin color.
>>
Do we this stuff in the states. Look up the CCDC
>>
>>1325
>not skin color
Yeah, you whiteys never do nuffin. It might not be about skin color now but it was.
>>
>>908
StarCraft irl
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.