[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 Victims Down in Reported Shooting Incident - San Bernardino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 624
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2015-12-02-20-46-24-1.png (152KB, 1180x834px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-02-20-46-24-1.png
152KB, 1180x834px
http://ktla.com/2015/12/02/authorities-respond-to-20-victim-shooting-incident-in-san-bernardino-fire-dept/
>>
>>4699
Sweet its right below where I live
>>
/k/ is really making a name for themselves.
>>
why is this board so dead? it's supposed to be the go-to board for news, and there's a mass shooting happening. is everyone at /pol/?
>>
>>4707
/pol/ has been pretty dead since news restarted.
>>
>>4705
>Someone gets shot.
>IT'S K GUISE!
Want me to give you a good example of how you should belong in that school? Cali has the most strict gun control laws in the states.
>>
>>4710
>Want me to give you a good example of how you should belong in that school?
no i want you to calm down
>>
It was at a social services facility, no suspects in custody
>>
>>4714
Also should add 12 dead
>>
Here. Have some feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5DVaBsI8oE
>>
https://soundcloud.com/alertpage-1/san-bernardinoca-active-shooter-response
>>
>>4717
The grey is a shit movie
>>
>>4713
And I want you to stop implying. The next few weeks for me will be shit.
>>
Is it terrorists or white people?
>>
>>4723
whoever they are, they're escaping in a suv right now.
>>
Shooters were described as being middle eastern.
>>
>>4725
Do you have a source for this?
>>
what the fuck is with all these shootings in the last few years

jesus christ this country

I need to go overseas somewhere where there aren't terrorists or muslims
>>
>>4725
>>4725
These don't jive together.
>>
they wore all black, and masks. that's about all that's been confirmed. race unknown. i'm guessing not black.
>>
>>4699
lel it was fucking mudslimes. going to see how the libshits spin this considering it happened in a state with the strictest gun laws in the country and stricter than canada.
>>
>>4725
and black.

It was middle eastern black communist mujahideen from the organisation "kill american babies"
>>
>>4705
We don't endorse this shit. Fuck off and yourself

-sincerely /k/
>>
Man down
>>
fox is reporting that the los angeles times has reported that the police have said the 3 suspects have escaped. most likely the people in the black suv

fox not confirming though and i cant find the la times thing theyre talking about

Police were assembling a battering ram to gain access to #SanBernardino building; one suspect may still be inside http://lat.ms/1N49ws0
>>
They are wearing masks and vests
>>
>>4709
If /pol/ is dead it isn't because of /news/, /news/ is much more dead than /pol/.
>>
>>4740
NBC won't confirm that and says the Sheriffs Dept. insists there is only one suspect.
>>
>>4707
People can't post their meme pictures so they don't like posting here.
>>
>>4744
I heard it was 3 men
>>
>>4721
Boo hoo.
>>
>>4744
found the la times statement. it makes sense police are at least searching for the SUV and its an anonymous source saying 3 men so who knows. cant link it says its spam

>Sources: SUV fled scene, police detonate suspicious device
Police are now searching for an SUV that fled the scene of a mass shooting that left up to 20 people injured inside a social services building in San Bernardino, federal law enforcement sources told the Los Angeles Times.

>At least three suspected shooters vanished from the building after the gunfire, the source said. Police have also used a robot to detonate a suspicious device found on the premises, according to the sources, who requested anonymity because the investigation is active and ongoing.

>Police on the scene were assembling a battering ram to gain access to the building, and investigators believe one suspect may still be inside, the source said.
>>
>>4728
It's because some antisocial white men feel like they cannot make their voices heard unless they kill a bunch of people and themselves. Then the media will report on their manifesto and detail all the little things that oppressed them, like the black man taking photos across the street or the woman who denied him poontang. They're not stable people, they're mentally deranged, and in the good old days you could force them into asylums for indefinite "treatment." Thanks to the ACLU, you can't do that any more, and now we're stuck in a situation where aging parents have to care for adults who are on a razor's edge of sanity, without access to mental drugs because they're so expensive, and where these ill men are exposed day in and day out to things that legitimately trigger them. It's just a recipe for disaster that liberal fucktards continue to blame on guns.
>>
>>4751
Why not give them the drugs?
t. Canada
>>
>>4753
The ACLU fought a court case saying that you cannot force someone to take drugs against their will when that person, even if they're as sane as the Mad Hatter, believes those drugs will harm them. So only the insane person can decide if they're insane enough to take drugs.
>>
fox reporting that the CEO of the company that runs the building is saying the conference room where the shooting happened was rented out by a different group

this is not about the poor little children anymore but most likely whatever group rented the conference room
>>
>>4751
>Then the media will report on their manifesto and detail all the little things that oppressed them, like the black man taking photos across the street or the woman who denied him poontang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4
Charlie Brooker on this shit in 2009. The psychologist bit (around 1:40) is the most relevant, yet the media still is doing this over and over.
>>
>>4758
they are now saying the conference room was rented out for a christmas party. pretty fucky
>>
I'm not American, but why can't the second amendment be changed?
>>
>>4764
It can. You just have to get people to agree with you. They shouldn't/won't be able to take away guns from citizens, though.
>>
where can i talk about this on 4chan that isn't pol and is faster than /news/?
>>
>>4751
nah. Charles Whitman happened in the 50s, after all. So did Manson in the 60s. America in general just has a hard time keeping tabs on its population. I'm ok with that though, anyone who looks at the stats knows how unlikely it is to get caught in a shooting like this.
>>
>>4768
Use to be /int/ or /k/, but they have been clamping down on that with some of the more recent big events.
>>
Are they on the loose
>>
Yes I think so
>>
>>4768
/sp/ bowls used to be best but now you get a ban for even making the thread. GET OFF IT GET OFF IT
>>
>>4772
Well if you go by >>4748 then yes. Though who knows if some are still hiding out in the building somewhere as they haven't confirmed the area safe yet.
>>
I'm following this on reddit's live news.

>A witness at Roberts Elementary reported a camouflaged middle-eastern man with a beard wearing a headset at the Waterman Discount Mall - possibly armed.

https://www.reddit.com/live/w0nn1o5hu90y
>>
Just the fact that there are multiple perpetrators, and they didn't kill themselves, makes me certain it's a terrorist attack, probably jihadists. Nutjobs who shoot up places like Holmes, Rodger, Lanza, etc, always do it alone, and white, right-wing terrorists usually are lone wolf attacks, like with Breivik and Roof.

So I'm guessing jihadis
>>
fox is interviewing the owner of the building now
>>
>>4777
BBC live feed is pretty informative aswell.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-34967929
>>
>be American
>get shot
>>
LOCAL CBS REPORTING THE YUKON HAS BEEN FOUND ABANDONED IN SAN BERNANDINO

>>4780
owner of the building did not know the group that was renting the conference room but he said he believes they are the ones targeted
>>
>>4783
its the price of freedom
>>
>>4783
I can't banter back because no flags :(
>>
>>4764
>>4767
No, it cant.
>4 words
Shall not be infringed
>>
>mudslimes shot up a place in a state with stricter gun laws than canada

Love seeing how the leftishits will spin this one.
>>
>>4775
>>4771
yeah, i used to go to sp for them but when i was getting banned moved to int and the sp bowl thread just got deleted : - (
>>
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/672164231538737152
>>
>>4779
>makes me certain it's a terrorist attack
Seems too targeted for a terrorist attack. As they seemed to have targeted some rented conference room instead of just going round and killing everything that moves.
>>
>>4791
Yeah, just like how niggers killed hitchbot, right?
>>
>>4794
duh. city hall and businesses in the area are also on lockdown slowpoke
>>
Gun control should definitely be stricter, but the way the U.S. is now I just cant see any actual progress being made to restrict gun ownership and especially to take guns away from the public. Sure mental illness is a factor in these shootings but the proliferation of guns and their availability seem to be the bigger issue to me.
>>
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/672164055629496320

Police news conference should be happening in 20 to 30 minutes.
>>
Confirmed Muslims once again
>>
We know they where middle eastern. But where they ISIL?
>>
>>4799
>Sure mental illness is a factor in these shootings but the proliferation of guns and their availability seem to be the bigger issue to me.
Just having better background checks and maybe have a psychology test to make sure they aren't insane or severely depressed would go a long way.
>>
>>4764
>changing an amendment
Haven't changed or added an amendment in like 50 years. Have literally never touched the original 10. It's very difficult to do so, the only amendment to ever be repealed was the one making alcohol illegal.
People have tried arguing interpretation though. The language could be read to imply that its only for states to regulate militias, not for individuals. Also the bill of rights only applied to the federal government originally, then on a case by case basis were incorporated to the states via the 14th Amdts due process clause. I think SCOTUS only incorporated the 2nd in 2005, before then states could have theoretically banned guns but politically and practically it would be difficult.
>>
>>4800
Taking place at 1:45pm PT.
>>
>>4801
>>4802
Source?
>>
>>4802
Doesn't matter. They still share the ideology of Islam
>>
>>4796
For those that don't know, when hitchbot was killed, /pol/ and /int/ went insane asking why the liberal media wasn't reporting the murder of it, and that it surely must've been a black guy, then turned out, it was a white one, and it was never mentioned again.
>>
>>4808
the local police radio
>>
>>4802
>But where they ISIL?
https://twitter.com/RickSerranoLAT/status/672161118295560192
>wearing camo and masks
Not sure if ISIS actually does camo or not. It is probably unlikely though as they would probably have blown something (including themselves) up as well.
>>
>>4751
>>4764
>>4788
>>4806
>>4767
The second amendment is the most immutable of all the amendments. It was put in place to never be removed, and uses specific wording of
>shall
>not
>be
>infringed
The first ten amendments were designed to be established liberties, ones that are God given.

Each amendment after that is nothing but rights granted to people.
>>
>>4811
Link?
>>
>>4795
there could be a number of reasons why they targeted it that have yet to be revealed.
>>
>>4810
Proof?
It was pretty sure it was destroyed by a black male because of the area it was in.
>>
>>4815
download a police scanner app dude
its not hard
>>
>>4812
There was an explosive device on the scene, it was disarmed.
They are searching for more.
>>
>>4817
I live in philly and it was a white guy in an eagles jersey kek
>>
>>4804
I think we're underestimating the people who would commit a mass shooting, I'm sure on the surface they can look perfectly normal and disguise their intentions. How would we go about doing a comprehensive psychoanalysis of someone like that?
>>
>>4820
Proof?
>>
>>4823
google it you fucking faggot
>>
Definitely kebab
>>
>>4824
Proof?
>>
>>4828
https://twitter.com/CODlENECRAZY/status/628260994117054468?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
>>
http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/obama-reacts-to-ca-shooting/
>>
Obama on the new shooting.
http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/obama-reacts-to-ca-shooting/
>>
>>4829
that videos fake tho
>>
>>4833
You're making it too obvious m8
>>
>>4834
Stop replying to him, then.
>>
>>4832
>>4830
Same thing said again and again after every shooting and nothing has changed and probably won't change for any time to come either.
>>
>>4834
I'm not the guy asking for proofs but I actually live in philly and that videos fake it was made to make fun of eagles fans
>>
>>4829
>twitter and snap chat as a proof
No.
It doesn't even show Hitchbot.
>>
>>4821
Criminal psychologist. The type of person who is trained well for dealing with narcissists, compulsive liars, etc. I'm more interested in the questions they'd ask? I'd suspect things like
>History of mental illness in the family
>Are you prone to bouts of anger?
>Have you been feeling depressed lately?
>Do you have many friends?
And just work down the checklist for the most common traits among killers.
I don't think that you could do it in just one test, though. It would require several for a proper and safe evaluation. Once someone has been diagnosed with some certain illness, should it stop them from owning a firearm? Why? Why not?
>>
Does anybody have a scanner feed of channel3?
>>
>>4838
His hands are tied on this. The GOP won't let anything remotely resembling gun control come to pass. If he issued an executive order, he'd probably be assassinated.
>>
>>4845
Executive orders cannot be used to create laws.
>>
Have the shooters been identified yet? Are they arabs, whites, blacks, latinos, ayylmaos?
>>
>>4813
>God given
Yeah because God gave people freedom of religion right?

And wtf are you taking about can't be removed? Of course it can be repealed the same way any other amendment can. Otherwise the Constitutional provisions for amending or repealing would have said "except for #2 that ones permanent." Which would be idiotic because the whole point was that the people could change the Constitution of they wanted to
>>
>>4848
Nope, just they had gear that looked "military" and they likely fled in a SUV.
>>
>>4845
>If he issued an executive order
By the time it came to pass it would be watered down like Clinton's AWB
>>
>>4846
Any laws he creates, in the next few months, will be overturned, by the next administration, in the next power trip; it's to late in his presidency.
>>
Briefing started.
http://www.cbsnews.com/live/
>>
>>4851
>>4853
Exactly.

>>4838
What would you do if you were elected prez in 2016 re:shootings
>>
>>4848
pol said the scanners were saying muslim while they also say a woman cop said one of the shooters was white. i haven't been listening to the scanners so i don't know.
>>
>>4857
I would remove the carry restrictions in public buildings, colleges, and schools so people could defend themselves.
>>
>>4842
I can see that being reasonably effective, and to the question of why/why not, they definitely shouldn't be allowed to own a firearms if they have a mental illness. Seeing as there's no chance in hell guns will be outlawed, the psychological analysis of those purchasing guns seems to be a good middle ground to help prevent any more gun violence.
>>
>>4849
God given is a common expression for human rights, sperg. God also gave free will, so in a sense freedom of religion is God given, if you believe in that stuff anyway.
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mq5hrUDoYo
>>
>>4849
You aren't getting what he means. They aren't God given as in God himself came down to the American people, but God given in that they are rights the people naturally have that no government can bestow or take away. The bill of rights wasn't originally in the constitution because it was assumed by the founding fathers the government would never take them away. Luckily, a group wouldn't sign unless those rights were named specifically in case of government intrusion. Too bad it still didn't do any good.
>>
>>4857
>What would you do if you were elected prez in 2016 re:shootings
>>4804
>>4842
Would be a good start.
>>
>>4859
Do you think that will just exacerbate things? Will teachers have to get firearms training to defend their students?

>>4860
>purchasing guns seems to be a good middle ground to help prevent any more gun violence
Do you think a once-off test, or a "licence" type thing, with an annual re-testing would be better?
>>
>>4849
God given is a terminology used by many of our founding fathers, also can be phrased as inherent. But most of the ideological basis for the American republic came from a point of divine rights. There is little argument outside of such, which is what Max Stirner addressed about rights, liberties, and egoism.
Its also definee as Natural liberties.
There is a difference between liberties and rights.

Depending on your interpretation the second amendment *can* be removed. But it is the ONLY amendment that has the immutable terminology of
>shall
>not
>be
>infringed

You should take a free course on the constitution from Hillsdale. Very informative, I'm a junior there and have taken all of my literature and historical courses on the constitution and then some.
But yes, the second amendment was designed to be immutable, the others have much more leeway as they lack that specific terminology. But are also supposed to be immutable Liberties
>>
>>4860
But who deems which mental illnesses are worthy of barring someone their constitutional rights? To put limits on rights because of how they do on psychoanalysis, is very subjective. And gun crime has been on the decline for years. The intentional homicide rate for firearms in the US is only 3.5 per 100k. That's not bad, at all.
>>
"no identification or motive"

good press conference
>>
>>4870
Whole thing comes down to "we know nothing, but people were shot". Brilliant.
>>
>>4867
>>4868
>>4869
shut the fuck up and talk about the news
>>
>>4867
>Will teachers have to get firearms training to defend their students?
Yes.
>>
Woo instead of news on an active shooter event I get an interruption by TMZ talking about hookers
>>
>>4872
>stop talking about things that I don't like or have no argument for!
>>
>>4858
Me neither, and the threads at /pol/ at filled with "PLS BE MUZLIMS" "HAPPENNING" "KEEP ME POSTED" and "CAN'T STUMP" memes. What kind of information can you get from that shit?

Something similar on twitter, either there is no information about the shooters, or it's people saying "PLZ BE WHITEY" like some kind of reverse-/pol/.
>>
>>4876
this is the news board if you want to talk about things other than the news you can fuck off
>>
>>4751
>Said Farouq

Nice rant tho.
>>
Anyone got the audio for the 911 calls? Not the dispatch but from common people
>>
>someone asking about children
Is always that one guy. Just so they can run some "think of the children" story.
>>
>>4879
That means that nothing past, "Hey this happened, let's wait for more details!" can happen in any thread.
>>
>>4877
I listened to scanners for a while. Can confirm they're looking for at least one arab in camo. Plus the SUV.
>>
>>4879
Not him, but secondary topics are still related. taking about gun control in a shooting news thread is not tertiary discussion.
>>
>>4867
Removing the carry requirements for firearms has always proven to reduce crime, because it comes down to an essential question.
Are the absolute majority of people in the United States good people?
Yes. I'd say so.
Then if the vast majority of those people were armed it would prevent almost all crimes.
There is no way, now, with over 360 million guns in America (probable closer to 500 now) to restrict firearms from getting into bad peoples hands. You can only allow good law biding citizens to protect themselves.
>arm teachers
Yes, but this is different as there are students involved in a high density area. Doing this would require extra training for the teachers and special provision for the storage of the firearms as well as training for students.
Ultimately it should come down to everyone goes into lock down and the teacher stays in a position to shoot anyone who comes into the door.
>>4879
>>4876
>>4872
It's very related.

I am discussing the news.
>>
>>4873
All teachers? K-thru-university?
>>4887
>Removing the carry requirements for firearms has always proven to reduce crime
Do you have a source for that?

I do think that whenever it comes to shootings, the GOP talks about mental health, but does fuck all to help the mentally ill. Why do you think this is? I think that restricting ownership of the mentally ill may be a plaster on a decapitation, but I think it may help.
>>
>they know nothing other than 3 gunmen in military gear and left in a SUV
Do they not have any kind of CCTV footage? Would be quite useful right about now.
>>
>>4892
Yes.

Although at Uni the students will be armed too.
>>
>>4892
>all teachers k-uni
Yes, Adam Lanza shot up an elementary school; as I described the training for such events is already readily invented and very effective. It won't prevent all deaths but it would drastically reduce them.
>the GOP and mental health
They are often barred by old policies created to defend the mentally ill; as the old history of it was permanent internment and that is seen as "inhumane" now.
Most of anything they can or could do is beyond their control.
The mentally ill are already barred from purchasing weapons legally, but if they are determined they can get whatever they want (as a product of our size). And if not, they can use a sword or knife or make a bomb(from the Internet). The only real solution is to arm the good law biding citizens.
Anyway, that's politics; not news.
>>
Have they caught the suspects?
>>
>>4898
I can't really find much of a flaw in your argument, but I find militarization of children very unsettling.
>>
>>4859
heck its as simple as this: employment/enrollment form with a few boxes "do have firearm safety training? do you wish to carry on campus? sign below and be scheduled to meet with local police to confirm and be added to an armed student or teacher registry"
>>
>>4899
Im trying to figure this out, but it seem like everyone has lost attention. The contemporary attention span is ruthless.
>>
>>4900
It is unsettling.

Reality is unsettling.

>>4904
I mean there are armed men running around and everyone is arguing about gun control.
>>
>>4899
>>4904
No, they are saying they escaped in a SUV. Police even said they don't even know what they look like.
>>
>>4906
I heard one of them is using a mask. Perhaps /tv/ is more guilty of this than /k/.
>>
>>4906
>>4905
See. Which one is it?
>>
>>4900
Not militarization.
Just training for defense.
Do you remeber lockdown drills in school?
Go to the corner away from the door and hide, lock the door, hope it isn't shot open and you all die.
Now, have a teacher with a 9mm or .45 auto sit behind a desk in a good position facing the door and you've drastically reduced the threat of death.

This is the only effective way to prevent any of this.
Also make it very well known that teachers are armed and willing to defend the life of children at all costs.

I would also reccomend to reduce accidental deaths, have mandatory firearms safety classes from 6th, maybe 8th, grade onwards every two years.
>>
CBS just had a witness say the shooters were white, but she was also pressured into describing them when she kept saying she didn't know
>>
>>4791
They need even tougher gun laws including a federal ban on all weapons that are able to accept more then <Small number> rounds of ammunition.
>>
This is getting fucking annoying. All the fucking time this shit happens. If the western world had any balls we would have wiped these fucks out by now...
>>
>>4908
They said they couldn't fully confirm it at the conference about 10 min ago.
Said something along the lines that they had heard a report by one person saying they had a mask, but they hadn't confirmed it.
>>
Welcome to the USA!
We got shootings on weekly basis.
>>
>>4912
What's it like being carded for silverware?
>>
>>4911
Yea, her description shouldn't be taken as evidence yet as it was basically forced out of her. The mind can make up random details if pressured afterall.
>>
>>4915
confirming a mask is completely pointless anyway.

>we have 100% confirmed he wore a mask that is bright nylon yellow
>he took it off now
>>
>>4916
http://i.4cdn.org/int/1449094738540.jpg

"""""""weekly"""""""
>>
BuzzFeed News

@BuzzFeedNews

#SanBernardino Update

-At least 14 dead, 14 injured
-Police: As many as 3 gunmen "came prepared”
-Suspects have fled
-No known motive
>>
>>4910
It just seems ridiculous that we even have the thought of arming teachers, why fight guns with more guns when the best way to prevent death is to not have guns for anyone?
>>
>>4918
when I was younger I was at a summer day camp thing and while we were doing arts and crafts they staged a fake robbery in my camp. then they basically treated us as eye witnesses and all our stories were completely different but we were like 7.

>tfw I think this was at dinosaur camp
wtf
>>
>>4920
A mass shooting is defined as a shooting in which 4 or more people are killed. 16 of those fit the criteria.
>>
>>4920
>that one guy who forgot to take December off
>>
>>4923
Because everyone already has guns and they can get guns easily because the government is not god and can't see all the guns.

Also look at Canada, I can buy a semi auto and convert it to a full auto in maybe 3 hours, and go and commit a mass shooting.

But nobody does. Think about why that may be.
>>
>>4923
Because "no guns for anyone" is a hilariously unrealistic idea.
>>
Fucking hell
>>
>>4924
so a dinosaur camp staged a fake robbery?

what
>>
>>4925
You do realize the numbers on the days refer to the number of mass shootings that day not the number of dead right?
>>
>>4925
You might need to re-read that again. The number on the chart is the number of mass shooting in that day, not the number killed in that day.
>>
>>4931
>>4932
I realize that now.
>>
i dont mind talking about happenings on the chan.

but it infuriates me to no end that the situation has not even been resolved and has been happening for a few hours and already i see keyboard warriors on my newsfeed complaining about guns.

i just wanna give them a SHOO SHOO GUN GRABBER
>>
>>4919
Yep, same goes with the reports that they were wearing military gear. All they have to do is take it off and they would look quite different. But I guess they have to give something otherwise they will just have to say "we have got nothing".
>>
>>4930
I thought about it a little more. I didnt go to many camps and dinosaur was the only one I could remember but I did go to a mystery camp one time. I'm sure they had us solve the mystery or who robbed us or some shit
>>
>>4935
Complaining about guns is a perfectly appropriate reaction when people keep being murdered with guns.
>>
>shooting in broad daylight
>drive away easily
Police on strike or San Bernardino the only California city without traffic?
>>
>>4920
citation muthafucka
>>
Have they caught them yet?
>>
>>4923
Because
A. The second amendment garuentes our God given right to bear arms for self defense and the defense against enemies foreign and domestic, and is not limited to inferior or outdated weapons.
B. There are probably around 400+ million guns in America and there is no way you can prevent them from getting into bad peoples hands.
You can only arm proper citizens.

Do you think the overwhelming majority of citizens are good people with no intent to do harm?
>>
>>4935
At least ths thread is better than the /pol/ thread. Is actual discussion here rather than shitposting, obvious false information and memes everywhere.
>>
>>4935
Every side of the debate will try to spin the narrative to fit their views. Pro-gun control, anti-gun control, pro-immigration, anti-immigration...

The victims? Fuck them, except when they publicly mourn them to gain sympathy.
>>
>>4942
I have no clue.
>>
>>4939
in a state with some of the toughest gun laws in the country?
i don't think that logic adds up.
>>
Have they been killed or caught?
>>
>>4935
People always try to fill in the information vacuum with preconceptions and bias.

Just as in liberal circles they are automatically blaming this on deranged gun nuts or racial hatred, in conservative circles they are automatically blaming this on islamic terror or a juvenile delinquent who plays too many video games.
>>
>>4942
Of course...

...not.
>>
>>4942
Nope. They gave out no real description of them either so good luck for witness reports for finding them.
>>
>>4927
>>4928
Yeah it is unrealistic, I guess its just unfortunate that we're in this position to need to arm social services. Looks like I don't belong in the U.S. if I don't want guns everywhere, but this has always been true
>>
>>4946
Ok
>>
Shit
>>
>>4941
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/30/there-have-been-334-days-and-351-mass-shootings-so-far-this-year/
>>
>>4952
Guns are a very foundation of American culture and are probably never going to be eroded away.
There are more guns than people in America and the places with the toughest gun laws have the most violent crime.
If you don't like Guns, you can move to NY or CA, but there is considerably more crime than other states.

That being said, you have a 0.00034% chance to get shot in America as long as you don't plan on suicide.
and even less if you are not in a gang or in a good neighborhood
>>
>>4955
thats not fair that probably includes gang violence. when they want to say whites are evil they dont count gang deaths as mass shootings
>>
>>4699
good, less american ritards to deal with.
>>
Th AP is now saying The San Bernardino Department of Public Health was having a lunch banquet at the conference center at the time.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/
>>
>>4959
>dey cut my welfare
>ooga booga die
Just jokes.
>>
>There have been at least 351 mass shootings so far this year, according to news reports collected by a reddit community that tracks these incidents. The reddit tracker defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people, including the gunman, are killed or injured by gunfire. The Mass Shooting Tracker is different from other shooting databases in that it uses a broader definition of mass shooting — the old FBI definition focused on four or more people killed as part of a single shooting.

This paragraph alone means the credibility is thrown right out the window. You can't change legal definitions to fit your agenda, and expect to be taken seriously
>>
>>4957
Its retarded no to include gang violence

Only suicide does it make sense to omit
>>
>>4962
in response to
>>4955
>>
>>4962
>reddit community

stopped reading there
>>
Looks like there are 20 openings in San Bernardino for Syrian refugees.
>>
>>4943
>>4943
But why is America the only fuckin place like this
>>
>>4952
Stop being afraid of guns. They are objects. Pick one up, learn how it works and how to use it safely and responsibly.

Lots of countries have nukes, but no one's used one in 70 years....wanna guess why that is?

The more civilians are well-armed and well-trained, the less incentive criminals have to do harm to them.
>>
>>4962
Even if you halve that figure due to counting things like gang shootings it is still a ridiculous number.
>>
I like how the cops only refer to two types of guns:
Long Guns, and Hand Guns.
>>
>>4968
>Lots of countries have nukes, but no one's used one in 70 years....wanna guess why that is?
Unfortunately your average human is more stupid than the professionals that actually control those nukes.
Even if you train people, it doesn't stop them being stupid.
>>
>>4923
Yes we see how well that went for france
>>
>>4969
But the number they cite includes just people shot. Not people dead, which is the legal definition. Gang shootings can be classified as mass shootings if 4+ people die, but a shooting can't be classified as a mass shooting is 1 person dies and 12 are injured.
>>
America living up to their sterotypes yet again.
>>
>>4968
The main purpose of a gun is to inflict serious harm (death is highly likely). I'm not afraid of guns themselves, but giving anyone and everyone the power to take another life so easily is scary. We only need guns to stop other people with guns, its a violent cycle that is entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>4968
The more crazy people having access to them too.

Everyone has an element in their head to hold a grudge, people also have the capacity to wear masks and shoot people from behind.

What sounds better, no threats or controlled threats?
>>
>>4972
Oh really, so where was the brave NRA member who shot these guys?

Being able to buy guns without a license doesn't magically make everyone a vigilante, it's usually the police who have to sort this shit out anyway.
>>
>>4967
We're... not...
Do you want to go look at crime statistics for Brazil and Mexico?
We are MUCH safer than them and they have the most restrictive gun laws.
We're like this because we are American, and I'm damn proud of it.

Ashamed of it when people try to defile it's originality.
>>
>>4974
Lol getting killed by radical muslims?
>>
>>4973
So if 50 are shot and none end up dying you still don't think that should be considered a mass shooting?
>>
>>4969
>cases taken out of context
>redditfags redefining mass shooting
>far more are killed daily by vehicular accidents
>>
>>4971
1) read the next line of my post
2) thats actually the entire point of training

Nothing's gonna be perfect given the population base and size we have, but it's better than disarming law-abiding citizens.
>>
>>4978
Yeah we Americans really stand out with our dudes legally bringing rifles into Target and kindergartners being murdered with a gun.
>>
>>4975
>>4977
Every single one of these shootings are commited in a "no guns" zone or a state with very restrictive laws (California).
The NRA member didn't show up because he wasn't there because California is so restrictive. We're talking about arming people to defend themselves, not vigilantes.

The police cannot always be around m8.
>>
>>4980
Legally, it's not.
>>
>>4976
Controlled threats, given that no threats is an absolute impossibility.
>>
>>4986
Then the law should be changed.
>>
>>4984
If you want to take your gun to target you can.
You and whatever you can carry that you own is your property.
Nobody can deny that.
Unfortunately there are consequences to such liberty, like those who choose to murder people.

The best we can do is defend ourselves from them.

There is no feasible way to stop guns from getting to the hands of criminals, beyond standard procedure.
>>
>>4982
>thats actually the entire point of training
You can teach monkeys to use sign language or tools, but that does not make them clever.
>>
>>4971
>is more stupid than the professionals that actually control those nukes.
>more stupid than the professionals that actually
>than the professionals
>professionals
haha, oh wow my poor naive little anon do I have news for you
>>
>>4989
Well a good fucking start would be reducing the overall amount of guns and expanding that standard procedure.
>>
>>4977
>>4977
Never said anything about guns with no licenses that isnt good either, im just saying that a country without guns had the same thing happen but on a larger scale
>>
>>4991
Stop being willfully obtuse. It's not adding anything to the conversation.

Also, you know little about monkeys.
>>
>>4982
Why do law-abiding citizens need semi-automatic rifles and hand guns? To stop teenagers from stealing candy bars at gas stations?
>>4989
Of course we can't stop all massacres, but if they're weren't any guns so easily available you can damn well be sure that there'd be a lot less of them
>>
>>4993
good luck with that.
>only the trained proffesionals shoulf be allowed to have guns
because, y'know, that's worked so well historically.
>>
>>4993
No.
There is no feasible way.
If you remove guns from the hands of law abiding citizens, only criminals are left with them.
You've turned citizens into literal sitting ducks, protectionless.

You think those criminals will magically have a change of heart and turn them in?
There are probably now over 400 million guns in America, and I can build a slap shotgun in one afternoon. Or make a bomb in a few hours.

There is no way you can do it without unleashing the hounds from the dredges of society to bring havoc and mayhem upon the law abiding citizen.

Anway, it would be unconstitutional to do what you are suggesting.

Even the strictest gun laws like NY SAFE act have a less than 20% complainant rate, and tbey have the highest crime rates. They simply don't work
>>
>>4997
>Of course we can't stop all massacres, but if they're weren't any guns so easily available you can damn well be sure that there'd be a lot less of them
But the mass shootings tend to happen in states where guns aren't readily available, and/or in areas that guns aren't allowed.
>>
>>4997
I can build a gun in an afternoon if I want to. Simple slap shotguns or Zip guns will still kill people.
Spend a little more time and do some more research and I can make a pipe pistol.

That or I buy them off of the massive black market.

Sure I'd like to stop all deaths, but the number of murders by firearms is 11,000 a year.
The number of defensive gun useage is 2 million.

Those numbers blow any gun control argument out of the water.
>>
As of 6 minutes before this post, police were still searching for a black Yukon SUV that drove away from the shooting.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-bernardino-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html
>>
>>5001
Which is why I'm suggesting there be no guns... But the general consensus is that that's impossible, and that if you don't like guns, don't be in America
>>
>>5001
How come Europe has far less shootings then? Sure they do get them but not to the extent the USA does.
>>
>>5004
Exactly,
>>4943
It's not constitutional nor sensical.
If they don't have a gun they use a knife.
How to stop a guy with a knife? A knife? No, you'll both get cut up.
A gun levels the playing field by giving you distance and protecting you from all threats.
>>
>>4997
>weren't any guns so easily available you can damn well be sure that there'd be a lot less of them
Oh my christ you can't honestly believe that can you?
do you have any idea how many massacres have happened thanks to the responsible governments of the world?
>>
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13038/web
live scanner for search of black suv
>>
3 gunmen? Is this a first? Shooting incidents involving 2 perpetrators are rare enough
>>
>>5004
Ok, look...

FACT: No one can or will ever be able to will all firearms and knowledge of firearms construction out of existence. Get this idea out of your heads. It will not happen.
>>
>>5005
Europe has the tightest gun laws, and a very modernized population.
The US has many minorities that commit a disproportionate amount of crime (due to economic reasons or racial reasons or both).

Switzerland has a gun for every household and has the lowest number of murders in Europe.

We're not talking about just reducing deaths by guns, but ALL deaths and ALL crime.
Actually Gun control is rooted in racist and sexist policies passed since the civil war, to disenfranchise minorities and women from protecting themselves.
>>
Here's a live KTLA feed on this LATimes page

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-up-to-20-shot-in-san-bernardino-active-shooter-sought-20151202-story.html

They are talking about how there was also a bomb threat
>>
>>5011
It is very rare at least and the talking head experts on TV are saying that raises the likelyhood that terror was involved.
>>
>>4987
It is. America is the largest distributer for guns and other arms.

If they alone make tighter gun laws, the whole world would benefit.

Specifically LA, and SA
>>
>>5014
>listening to mainstream media
>ever
here, this is the san bernino popo scanner
police chase in progress, shots fired ot back window
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web
>>
>>5005
Look at their rates of violence overall.
Stop blaming the guns. If someone wants to hurt someone else, they will find a way. Europe and australia have more problems with knives, blunt objects, home invasions, robberies, rapes, etc.... all increased after trying to get rid of guns.

But everyone just wants to look at gun crime stats alone. There is no gun problem. There is a violence problem. Only the tools and methods change, and when you take away the average person's ability to defend themselves, you're inviting more violence.
>>
>>5016
>Specifically LA, and SA
>strictest gun laws in country
>really stopped this
>>
>>5017
>shots being fired while in pursuit
fuck
>>
>>5017
>not having the mental discipline and attention span to listen to multiple newsfeeds at once
Plebian please.. I heard that. Plus if you were watching the feed you would have seen some of the cops going to the chase at high speed from the scene of the shooting. Plus the have a chopper watching the chase.
>>
>>5017
Would have thought that they would have ditched the SUV as as soon as they could. Seems they fucked up if it is really them.
>>
>>4957

>implying that the stat doesn't still illustrate a major problem with gun control laws in the U.S.
>>
SWAT Inbound
>>
holy fuck all those cars
>>
gunfire still ongoing
>>
>listening to the scanner
>dark skinned male

boy i really wonder who was behind this
>>
>>5023
>muh ad hominems
>Plus if you were watching the feed
>watching that hugbox of political agendas
just dont watch mainstream anon, its bad for you
>>
>>5025
It does. Chicago has a huge amount of gang violence and shootings, and some of the most restrictive gun control laws on the books.

I'd say it's the perfect example of what's wrong with gun control laws in the U.S.
>>
At least 1 suspect shot, possibly 2 of 3.
>>
>>4999
Australia did it you stupid fucking retard.
>>
Suspects are cornered. Just a matter of time now.
>>
>windshield wipers going
I laughed too hard
>>
>>5035
And look what happened to the rates of other forms of crime. They went up. Gun crime was already on the decline before the confiscation. And now gangs are making firearms, good ones.
>>
>>5032
Jesus Christ it's a local news station, not some government propaganda video.
>>
>>5038
It's not gangs doing mass shootings.
>>
>>5035
Australia has had less than a 40% compliance rate.
You can see this with the import of SKS rifles from China and the number reported turned in.

Australia also never had a significant gun culture and didn't have as many guns as America.
It also has a smaller population and is densely located.
They also don't have a bill of rights protecting their right to bear arms.

Not a valid comparison
>>
>>5038
Are you saying close-combat type violence isn't far more preferable to mass shootings?
>>
>>5039
>not some governemnt propagans
I have news for you anon
>>
On suspect down.
>>5040
The reddit report includes gang mass shootings.
Most mass shootings are commited by gangs.
See motherjones.
>>
It's happening.
>>
>CNN
>we aren't going to show you a dead body because violence is bad
Thank you, news organization
>>
>>5040
gangs do mass shootings all the time. They just aren't high profile because it's gang violence so nobody cares.
>>5042
So as long as guns are banned and one type of crime(that was already declining), goes down, then it's ok that other forms of crime go up?
>>
WHERE ARE THE KIOWA PILOTS WHEN WE NEED THEM
YEEEHAWWW
>>
I'm watching the KNBC feed and they just showed the cops spraying the windshield of the truck with bullets.
>>
>>5047
>>
One suspect detained
>>
They dead? They dead.
>>
I see we already got gun tards in this thread thinking any law to mitigate is a 100% ban while offering no actual solutions of their own.
>>
inb4 it explodes.
>>
>>5053
They routinely "detain" them even if they are bleeding out with multiple gun shot wounds.
>>
ye one suspect is dead, saw the body lying on the middle of the road
>>
>>5055
Here you go faggot.
Just because you lose an argument doesn't mean you get to go passive aggressive.
>>4910
>>4898
>>4887
>>4868
I described a multitude of alternatives constantly.
>>
inb4 "Out of an abundance of caution..."
>>
>>5056
I'm waiting for it.
>>5058
With a nice pool next to him
>>
How many total suspects are there either dead or detained so far?
>>
looks like one suspect has been detained. reported to be in back of suv, still breathing
>>
>>5048
Yes it is because the odds of killing 14 people with a knife are far lower than killing 14 people with a gun.
>>
>>5064
scanner said he still had an ar on him
>>
>>5065
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dead-130-injured-china-knife-wielding-spree-n41966
>>
>>5057
I'm just reporting from the radio.
>>5063
I've heard one suspect detained at almond, declared uninvolved.
One suspect detained.
>>
One pipebomb found, probably thrown out window.
>>
They're coming with a dog
>>
Black male in a white tee-shirt going through someone's backyard.
>>
They killed the /k/ thread
Fuck the nazi mods
>>5071
You guys are fucking slow
>>
>>5065
Doesn't that regularly happen in China?
>>
>>5072
>nazi mods
/pol/ wishes
>>
17 wounded
>>
Couldn't all of this be done with a pretty basic robot?
>>
>>5067
>five attackers
>>
>>5078
>makes a difference.
You're more likely to be stabbed than you are to be killed in a mass shooting. Raising crime for the sake of having a lower crime rate in one other facet is not good.
>>
>>5072
I'm going directly from the radio.

They are now clearing the entire street out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=SRNJNlCGduM
>>
Fuel tank looks like it could have been pierced with that small spill on the floor.
>>
NBC says it's over and they are waiting for the bomb squad to get there.
>>
>>5086
Looks like they are using the new shield drone thing approach it.
>>
>>5090
Yeah it's very interesting how cautious they are being. I wonder if that pipe bomb report was a hoax.
>>
>>5094
The police radio said they found a pipebomb on such and such Avene.
Probably tossed out the window.
>>
>>5094
Probably worried it is rigged to explode with the report earlier there was an explosive device at the shooting scene.
Also this thing looks really awkward with the way it moves.
>>
>muds snackbar a gun free zone with guns
Which rhetoric is the media going to push? Religion of peace or more gun control?
>>
>>5021
>football is football in everywhere else but in America where they call it soccer

>LA=Latin America
>SA=South America
>>
>>5100
point taken, my mistake
outlawing guns wont destroy the caches in the jungle though, anon
>>
Oh shit one suspect still barricaded in a church
>>
They just confirmed a suspect might still outstanding at the press conference.
>>
Helicopter camera showing police going door to door with dogs looking for someone
>>
How could someone get away from the police perimeter? These cops must be among the most inept in the country.
>>
>>5113
They seem to be sweeping the local area going by the live feed by the choppers.
>>
>>5113
I think there is a possibility of 4 total suspects.
>>
They just said over the scanner that 6 suspects were detained.
>>
>>5020
This is not /pol/
>>
>>5117
holy fuck this has to be terror motivated, either domestic or foreign
>>
>>5013
This is not /pol/ - News not Opinion.
>>
>>5119
>>5123
not him but low income neighborhoods having higher violence is not /pol/ nor oppinion
>>
>>5005
Piss off to /pol/ if you want to op-ed about it. keep opinions off /news
>>
Helicopter camera shows police slowly searching from house to house slowly and noisily.
>>
>>4956
News only - fuck your opinions.
>>
>>5126
>tfw that cat that ran out from under the car
>>
>>5128
>>5125
>>5123
>>5119
Are you really going through the whole thread just to redirect people to /pol/ an hour after they posted? You are shitting up the thread more by doing that.
>>
lel at those green bearcat trucks being in GTAV
>>
Anyone know why the police would turn the suspects into DOJ?? They just said it over the scanner...
>>
>>5119

And you are?

That was part of an earlier conversation. If you disagree with what i said, make a counterpoint. If you can't manage that, pointing out my post and no others and pointing to /pol/ or acting as if i'm the only one here who is somehow off-topic is not a viable substitute.

tl;dr get fucked
>>
>>5132
According to the LATimes the Feds were involved from the moment they suspected county workers may have been targeted

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-bernardino-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html#85210835
>>
Any update on how many total suspects there are? The TV news channels are all saying 2 or 3 but the scanner says 6.

CNN and Fox say 1 dead 1 on the loose, NBC says "Third" suspect at large.
>>
>>5080
Explain Japan.
Explain Switzerland.

There's no correlation between gun ownership and murder rates.
>>
>>5135
We won't officially know until the next press conference. They promised to give more detailed information then. So far all we know is one is dead and one is possibly at large. Any other reports are all over the place.
>>
>>5136
One thing about Japan is that it's corrupt as fuck. But I was never arguing that there was a correlation. Only that banning one thing so you can say that one kind of crime is lower, isn't ok when the rest of your crime goes up.
>>
>>4710
Not disagreeing with you, but bordering states have weaker laws, meaning its pretty likely they drove to a place like Arizona, purchased the weapons, and drove back.
>>
>>5142
If they did, there's gonna be a record of it, unless they bought them illegally.

Licensed firearm dealers have to keep very detailed records.
>>
>>5143
What difference does the record make? The people are dead. They shouldn't have been able to get their hands on them in the first place.
>>
They're showing Redlands right now. I live there, fuck
>>
>>5145
SHELTER IN PLACE
>>
>>5147
I'm in my house watching the news. Idk what else to do.
>>
taking bets on when the next shooting is.

within the next two weeks, i say.
>>
>>5148
I would think the most important thing would be to not go outside.

Also don't make prolonged loud noises.
>>
So, if they had bombs then why they didn't used them?
>>
>>5151
I'm not going outside, shit is cold
>>
>>5153
If there were any the cops have probably diffused them by now

I heard the bomb threat that was called in was a hoax, but I hadn't heard about the confirmed pipe bomb.
>>
>>5153
Better question is how they only managed to move a mile in the SUV in an hour. Or why they didn't actually change car.
>>
NBC reporter is saying the Feds told him this was workplace violence. He said there was some kind of an argument before the incident according to the LA Times.
>>
>>5157
Telemundo (a latin american network) claims that the shooters just entered and started shooting right away
>>
was there any good footage of the car chase/ shootout? I had to leave right before it happened and I only saw their aftermath
>>
>>5158
Yeah the networks have wildly differing stories.

Fox News is saying an Arabic name for one of the suspects went out on the police scanner.
>>
>>5160
MSNBC has a Sandy Hook victim's relative on discussing gun legislation. Hilarious.
>>
>>4917
I'll probably literally die before that happens. I know that's internet tough guy shit but they aren't taking my guns. Anyway, I was telling you how they'll spin it, not what SHOULD happen because of this.
>>
>>5163
It's nice to see they're still getting work.
>>
>>5160
it did they were looking for an arabic named man earlier. doesnt mean he did it
>>
>>5166
Don't tell Bill O'Reilly that, he sees a direct correlation to Paris.
>>
>>5145
What up redlands fam. Im at the community hospital right now. Shit is on lockdown
>>
this police presser is now 40 minutes late
>>
>>5168
Is that where the bomb threat was earlier?
>>
Is there only one shooter left ?
>>
>Federal official says they believe a man angrily left a meeting, returned w/ “one or two” others, started shooting, reports @RickSerranoLAT

I'm trying to catch up from the past few hours is there any truth to this?
>>
>>5171
Apparently yes

Also, Fox News is confirming the report about the argument before the incident.
>>
>>5168
That sucks man, I live close to downtown, which is close to where they were showing a few cop cars and possibly houses for the suspect earlier. I've been hearing sirens all day
>>
>>5170
The bomb threat was at loma Linda hospital, but has been lifted
>>
Ones on the loose
>>
>>5172
Never heard that..
>>
A female is the third suspect.

So, two females and a male.
>>
>>5172
If you wait a few min you can watch the press conference. They will probably confirm and deny a lot more details there.
>>
>>5173
so that confirms it wasn't a terrorist attack holy shit it seems pretty unreal that an argument would escalate to that
>>
>>5181

Who the hell brings body armor and rifles to win an argument?
>>
press conference is live
>>
Link
>>
>>5182
Americans my friend :^)
>>
>>5184
>>
1 male, 1 female dead dressed in assault style clothing with assault rifles and handguns, with "Sensitive stuff" around the vehicle.
>>
One male one female? Wtf?
>>
>>5187
>assault style clothing

BAN SALT SHIRTS
>>
Realistically, what are the chances that the shooter escapes ? It seems impossible so maybe he/she is going to kill him/her self
>>
>>5187
What is "sensitive stuff"?

Did she spill her tampons when she died?
>>
I forgot this board exsisted
>>
FBI getting involved in searching it seems. Also said it being an act of terrorism is a possibility. Finally third suspect is real and they won't say anything else about them.
>>
>be american
>get shot
>>
this fbi guy on fox news live is acting like they were muslims and he knows by how hes saying I don't want to go down that road yet
>>
>>5193
same
>>
>>5192
IED, homemade bombs.
>>
>>5191
It's very suspicious that at least 1 person has managed to evade this combined joint local/statefederal task force, yes
>>
>NBC promoting fear and paranoia by replaying footage from earlier in the day along with the presser
>>
>>5187
There is no such thing as assault style shirts.
They did not have assault rifles.
>>
>>5198
I'm glad someone linked it. I got banned on /pol/ shithead mods
>>
Holy fuck this is crazy

Pipe bomb confirmed 'not a threat'.
>>
Police chief just added that third suspect is detained. And the reason for the search was because residents reported they heard people jumping fences and the area is now declared secure.
>>
>Ethnicity?
>I don't know
>>
>>5203
lel "Long Guns"
>>
>>5204
What did you do? Post too much BBC?
>>
>I do not know what kind of bullets caused their deaths.
>>
>>5190
Why do you NEED pants with six pockets?
>>
IS HE BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>5208
?
>>
That was dodgy as fuck, they totally know who these guys are.
>>
this fucking cop

master of not answering questions
>>
>>5203
>>5208
In California, "assault rifle" is a specific legal term, so it makes sense for the chief to avoid using that exact phrase until the exact classification of the weapons is determined.
>>
>>5213
>Long Guns
seem to be the latest police/media buzzword
>>
>>5214
>>5215
Agreed. Fuck these lying fucks.
>>
Is the happening over? I mean the suspects are either dead or detained
>>
>>5215
Well was better than the first one. At least they actually gave information this time.
First one might as well have been "we don't know anything, but they had guns and shot people and drove a SUV".
>>
>>5214
I agree they seemed way to nervous about it even the fbi guy was acting strange about it like his voice was shaky
>>
>>5209
no posted an inappropriate gif while making a legit comment.
>>
>>5212
wtf they arrested the suspect ?? he is fucking alive ??
>>
>>5220
They've said it was over twice before already and then something or other happened and it wasn't over anymore.
>>
from the pic of the body all we know that it's not a nigga. could be white, mexican, arab, or asian
>>
>female shooter has possible terrorist links
We france now
>>
>>5228
Source?
>>
>>5227
on the police scanner I heard them say Arabic female few hour ago
>>
>>5207
>What type of weapon?
>Assault Style
>>
>>5223
What was the gif? How was it inappropriate for an NSFW board?
>>
>>5218
No, long guns is a valid word.
We PC gun culture now.
>>5217
It's not a valid term, even if commifornia fuck heads try to make it one.
>>
>>5227
link?
>>
>Colton SWAT van on the scene
>Colton, CA is a city of 50,000
>they have a fucking armored SWAT van

>cops aren't the military
>>
>>5228
The press conference that just happened. One male, one female both killed. Whole thing possibly related to terrorism.
>>
>>5234
didnt save it, posted on /pol/
>>
>>5229
local news
>>
I got a global ban for saying

> Threads like this are left up
> Threads about the recent WEAPONS related shooting are deleted

over here:
>>>/k/28068177

What the actual fuck?
Now I'm having to solve 2 captchas per post
>>
>>5232
actually it was a webm

it was porn. some trap pulls dick out and the guy sees it and shrugs and sucks dick
>>
>>5236
Meant for
>>5229
>>
>>5228
>Arabic woman shooting
>Not a terrorist
pick one
>>
It's not over. SWAT Raid underway on a house right now.
>>
>>5233
I agree that "assault-style weapons" and "assault clothing" is bullshit scaremongering when "long gun" or "rifle" suffices. I was just saying that "assault rifle" means a very specific thing in California and can affect whatever charges are eventually pressed, so avoiding saying it at this point is understandable.
>>
>>5247
>assault clothing and assault weapons
So its /k/ and /fa/?
assault music when /mu/?
>>
robot entering house in redlands right now
>>
Fox News says it's basically over and there is no more dragnet.

But they are calling it 'Domestic Terror Activity'.

Also said one person is currently being interrogated, a male.
>>
>>5247
I liked that on the police scanner they were saying 'long gun' rather than 'assault rifle', it gives the SJW liberals less buzzwords to use.
Unfortunately that obvious retard of a cop blurted out "MMM HURR THEY USED DEM 'SALT WEAPUNZ" while completely dodging the ethnicity of the shooters because they weren't white.
>>
>>5248
>a high caliber assault violin
>>
>>5252
I've been watching both CNN and MSNBC all day and they've been using the same 'Long Gun' term.
>>
>>5237
found it

pic of dead bodies here

https://i.4cdn.org/pol/1449107068712.jpg
>>
is this the reddit board?
>>
Fucking MSNBC is the only one showing the raid on the house.

CNN calls it an apartment but won't show it.

Fox seems to be ignoring it on purpose.

All say nobody else on the loose.
>>
>>5255
Yeah I think I heard them use 'Long gun' term on CNN.
I mean, it's not good if the anti-gun guys start using the term 'long-gun' against us, but they will literally never get 'long-guns' banned, whereas they're brainwashing our populace to think 'assault rifles' are creations of satan himself.
>>
>>5263
I just think it's funny because it makes me think of muskets and blunderbusses.
>>
were they 4chaners?
>>
>>5256

What's that rectangle on his back?
>>
>>5265
>females
>4chan
no
>>
>>5265
inevitably someone will say they were

most likely they will blame it on /pol/ or /r9k/

I miss they days when /b/ could easily be blamed but they are too busy fapping to traps with dicknipples.
>>
>>5264
I'm pretty sure they just say long guns because they are going off of eye witnesses. no one you could trust them to tell whether its a shotgun, an assault rifle, or a bolt action just by being a normie house wife 50 yards away
>>
>>5269
AK-74s and 47s, clearly ISIS.
>>
>>5266
idk I can't tell much from this picture other than theyre not black and they look like manlets
>>
CNN analyst is now saying there wouldn't be this many FBI involved if they didn't think it was domestic terrorism.
>>
>feinstein clip on the local news
omg i can't even
>>
NBC is backing away from whether the third person who is detained is even related to the dead people in the SUV
>>
>>5272
>CNN analyst
I don't disagree, but is that just a fancy name for 'Guy who speculates shit, comes up with conspiracy stories and brings us more views'?
>>
>>5277
It means "guy who does analysis for CNN". So basically, you're right.
>>
>>5277
I missed his creditials but I think he was a former counter terrorism ATF guy.
>>
>>5280
credentials*

NBC is saying no words were said before the shooting when the people in masks showed up.
>>
>>5272
this is also very close to LA where the have a fuck ton of FBI and its not such a big deal to get them involved
>>
>>5239
Yep got post blocked for "complaining about 4chan" what a joke
>>
SYEED FAROOK CONFIRMED

"US CITIZEN"
>>
>>5286
/pol/ was right again
>>
>>5285
>It's illegal on 4chan to complain about the modz hitlering a section and selectively enforcing a rule only on threads that make them butthurt
welp
>>
2 pistols 2 AR15s recovered, at least 2 explosive devices recovered according to Anderson Cooper
>>
Happened a few miles south of where I live.
There's an Amazon warehouse in the vicinity where I work. I'm glad this happened on my Sunday, otherwise I'd have had to go in at 11:30pm to try to deal with a fucking 100,000 unit shift throughput.
>>
I would love to troll the media. If 1 person tells them the dude looked Muslim, its game on.
>>
>>5293
Lets all do it.
How do we get in contact with the news stations?
>>
Welp, I got my 24 hour ban on /k/ as well.

Live feed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mq5hrUDoYo

Police scanner http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web
Can't stop the signal...
>>
>>5294
I'm surprised either /b/ or /pol/ hasn't ordered pizzas yet tbh
>>
>>5286

Got a source?
>>
Awe snap, one suspect's name sounds muslim af. Trump for prez
>>
>>5295
I haven't been listening to the scanner for a while, have they mostly gone radio silent?
>>
>>5292
To elaborate: it is closed from 4:30 until 9:30, and the average shift unit throughput is about 55k.

The called us super late too, people were stuck in traffic afraid of being late and then HR calls an hour after tshift starts and says "lol shift cancelled come back for night shift tho."
>>
reminder that more guns = less crime, this is a statistical fact
>>
>>5297
Watching it on MSNBC of all places. They said they weren't sure if that was the name of the guy dead from the truck or the detained guy who might not be related. The Feds also won't say who owns the apartment/house they are raiding.
>>
>>5300
The helicopter shots in the media showed a moving freeway nearby. Is the Amazon place you work at off of that freeway?
>>
MSNBC reporting bomb squad is detonating things found in the house.
>>
>>5299
There are multiple channels in use. This is the only publicly available one that I have found. EOD is getting ready to pop the IED.
>>
CBS just confirmed that the dead shooter was Sayeed Farooq. He worked for the Dept of Health.
>>
>>4792
>>4775
>>4771
;_;
>>
>>5301
Is the corollary that less guns = more crime true?
>>
>>5303
Yeah, you get off the freeway at Mountain View and head north for half a mile, but almost everyone who works there is local who takes Tippecanoe, Central, and Waterman to get there, and these streets are blocked off.
>>
>>5295
I'm pissed as hell.

I'm not claiming to be an old fag, but I remember when /k/ was free to post any news that was gin related.

It used to be more on point than /pol/ could ever hope to be. They need to face that /pol/ is never going to be anything but a neonazi shithole and trying to make them a news hub from /k/ is not going to change that.

Nobody wants to go there. Why would I wanr to go to a containment boaed for my news? I'm on /k/ to learn about guns, which I was actually doing before those buttfuck mods decided to Fuck it all up.

A whole bunch of people want to discuss it but they wont let them for some arbitrary fucking reason
>>
>>5307
Mods have ruined 4chan.
So did moot.
I had a discussion about this with a friend yesterday.
Basically the mod selection has been fucked beyond repair, and they moderate for content not culture or something.
I was kinda drunk.
>[user was niced for this post]
>>
>be american
>get shot

cant make this shit up
>>
>>5308
Yes. Look at recent history where countries have banned guns. Australia is a notable example. Home invasions skyrocketed, among other forms of crime.
>>
There is nothing wrong with pol, stop crying you babies.

But I do think that relevant WEAPON discussion of recent events should be allowed on /k/, but the mods are fags.
>>
>>5310
I lost count of how many threads they killed. Now we are reduced to hiding in the shitty ones and waiting until they get noticed. Maybe we can get the lousy threads killed as collateral damage in the purge.
>>
>>5313
What about japan?
>>
>>5311
>>5307
Proper moderation is good though.

Shitposting is unnecessary.

Also this argument is irrelevant, focus on news.
>>
Who the fuck even cares anymore? At this point, I'm just fucking desentized. At this rate, there's just gonna be a fucking shooting weekly later and daily within years time. Amerifats have clearly demonstrated they don't want to do anything to actually address the problem besides scream "UHHH MUH GUNS AND MUH MENTAL HEALTH".
>>
>No image board on an imageboard
This sucks
>>
>>5308
Well its more of more restrictions on guns = more crime
Yes.
>>5310
/pol/ is nothing but /b/ 2.0.
Nazis, libritarians, traditionalists and what not all ran off to double chan.
Now /pol/ is spamming traditionalist stuff all over itself and I'm lauffin when they never read any actual traditional or reactionary books.
>>
>>5317
Organized crime in Japan has a shitload of guns and they blast people pretty routinely.
>>
>>4699

>Imageboard
>Text Only

Fuck off
>>
>>5315
It was at least a dozen, probably 2 dozen.

They left all the other threads about current events up too. I smell a conspiracy.
>>
>>5142
Except you can't do that, gun dealers won't sell to you if you have an out of state id
>>
>>4860
>let's leave the mentally ill defenseless

Nice.. reeeeeeeeeeeeal nice

let's make it illegal for them to have dining cutlery as well, Yurop
may as well make them their own little camp to stay at where they won't bother anybody -_-
>>
>>5323
And yet Guns are heavily restricted in Japan.
So now only gangs and criminals have them.
>>
>>4709
lol, youre talking out of school here, kiddo
>>
>>5320
If this board had images, it'd just be info graphs all day. All we need is links to news sites. I think it's actually a good idea to be text only, so the adults can talk like adults.
>>
>>5324
>>5320
Go back to /b/
>>
I'll just leave this here: https://www.google.com/search?q=syed+r+farook&sugexp=chrome,mod=3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

>Syed R. Farook
>Environmental health specialist
>>
>>5319
I care because it's by me.
>>
>Trusting CNN
>>
>>5323
>Blast people
They blast other criminals.

Your average Japanese person who has no connections to crime or criminal activity is not getting blasted.

Also we need Japans military-style prison system instead of our bullshit.
>>
>>5331
How am I expected to believe anything anyone on /news/ says if they can't even post an image to support it?

I could say that there's a dead dude on the ground on the news and you could say nuh uh because I can't post the screenshot of it.
>>
>>5337
Who do you recommend for the most accurate, unbiased news?
>>
>>5342
Jewters
>>
>>5340
1) You link to your source
2) You can't trust pictures anyways
3) Textboards discourage shitposting
>>
>>5340
You can post the link
>>
>>5342
Not 4chan apparently.

And definitely avoid /k/ if you want gun incident news.
>>
>>5339
>tons of white kids shooting shit up
>a few near easterners shoot shit up
>the problem is the immigrants
The problem is American culture resulting in violently disaffected youth.
>>
>>5340
Post a relevant link to an authoritative news source? You think images can't be altered, or I can't take a picture of something I set up to look however I want it no matter how it actually is? Fuck that shit.
>>
>>5328
Right, and that's fine for Japan because the yakuza control the guns and don't let street punks cause trouble for ordinary people. America has a problem with street punks trying to shoot people who are just walking down the street, so those people need to be able to protect themselves. Japan's regulations also wouldn't be compatible with the US constitution per the DC v Heller ruling.

>>5338
They blast each other, politicians, film directors who make anti-yakuza movies, and anyone else who crosses them.
>>
>>5342
Al Jazeera.
Seriously.
>>
all these faggots crying about not being able to post pictures to derail threads

same faggots who cried about news was even gonna exist In the first place
>>
>>5346
If you ever took news from an anonymous imageboard, I'm not sure what to tell you man
>>
>>5347
Whites commit mass shootings proportionate to the percentage of whites in the US. Asians are 2.5 times as likely as whites to commit a mass shooting.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/mass-shootings/
>>
>>5350

laughingwomen.jpeg
>>
>>5351
>Complaining about faggots wanting to derail threads
>Being a faggot derailing a thread by complaining about faggots wanting to derail a thread
>>
Hi Darren
>>
After this people will still think guns are to blame.
People will still think we need to bring in tens of thousands of refugees.
People still blame whites.
>>
>>5333

/pol/ is right again
>>
>>5356
100% sure youre the same kid crying about no pictures
>>
>>5347
This.

Kids become peer dependent because their parents work in business fields and don't have time to nurture them, so the kid is thrown into the daycare, pre-school, kindergarten system where their most important bonds are their peers.

Then they get into high school or college and for reasons or another they don't get along with their peers, and so there's nothing but hatred and contempt for most of their peers because now they're facing rejection from the most important social bonds they've had in life.

Not to mention every talks about anger issues and mental health but we have a real stigma about it amongst the youths. Young people with actual mental health problems are afraid to seek help for it, afraid of being attacked or bullied for being different or simply afraid of people finding out about it and rejecting them.
>>
>>5354
By Asian, do they mean yellow, or from all of Asia? The way census works ME is a different thing.
>>
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/02/police-id-suspect-in-san-bernardino-massacre-as-syed-farook.html

absolutely happening
>>
>>5365
My guess is that it includes South Asians, since there isn't a separate category for them.
>>
>>5368
South yes, but south west Asians?
I would love to see a far more broken down analysis which includes Pac Islanders, ME, recent immigrants, etc.
>>
>>4900

I don't

I always found school yard politic to be cruel and frivolous, no structure, where everyone is allowed to just be their own special snowflake, or if you're not well liked, the shit beneath everyone else's boot
Adding some discipline to a person's life only makes them better prepared to do whatever it is in life are going to do; and in case you've not been paying attention, something the people do on a fairly regular basis is armed conflict
This societal preponderance w/ letting children develop like a garden full of flowers and weeds rather than a group or responsible people is at best, distressing for anyone that has ever wanted to live a life free these kinds of random acts of madness

tl;dr Give kids something do to besides algebra homework and masturbation, and they might all grow up to be something besides idle loiterers or violent lunatics in the theater of life
>>
>>5362
Nope, I kind of think it's an alright idea to have no pictures enforced.
A lot of autism starts by some 'troll' posting a misleading/completely fucking wrong infographic
>>
>>5373
"South Asians" includes India and the Middle East. I agree it would be interesting to see it broken down more, since "asia" is a really broad category. All the Asian shooters I can think of are East or Southeast Asians though.
>>
>>5349
Not to mention that there's more ways to smuggle weapons into the country in America than in Japan. Logistically it wouldn't work out as well because criminals already have their routes (whether by sea or by land) and banning guns would drive people to seek out those illegal routes which would further strengthen the criminals and the profits they reap.
>>
FBI and Homeland Security have taken over the scene according to NBC
>>
>>4916

Be sure to check out the free buffet =D

>my soul is literally dieing a little w/ every one of these shootings
>>
>>4745
I like it here. Plus.... you can always go to /b/.
>>
>>4924
>yfw the fake robbery was all a smoke screen for 9/11
>>
>>4724
It's OJ
>>
>>5381
Why?

You're not responsible for what people do outside of your sphere of influence. That's like saying you feel bad that people die for any reason every day: just a lot of stress on you for no real reason, with no hope you'll ever be able to do anything about it.
>>
>>5135
>>5137
the first article I read on this said there were two vehicles, but then it was revised

No idea what that means, though, might have been a fatfinger
>>
>>4728
It's just better, faster reporting. It's what you wanted.
>>
So it was bloody muslims then.

That completely derails the whole guncontrol campaign, doesn't it? Now it's going to be a Republican anti-immigration anti-Islam party.
>>
>>5375
then stop "trolling" and trying to derail the thread yourself
>>
>>5378
>"South Asians" includes India and the Middle East.
No, "South Asia" is synonymous with the Indian Subcontinent. It includes India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, and Afghanistan. The Middle East is part of West Asia, and Middle Easterners and North Africans are identified simply as white, including in the census.
>>
>>5386
Or somebody talked out of their ass to appear to have a better grip of the current facts and get viewers.

It could also be a false flag :)
>>
>>5385
for the same reason I feel bad when something happens in my SOI(sphere of influence, 2bh senpai desu)
autonomic response
but I have PTSD, so maybe it just affects me harder than it would a soulless, heartless, emotionless automaton like you
>spooky scary skeleton
>>
>>5359
/pol/ is always right.

Convert to Christianity when????

It's the only way to destroy this beast.
>>
>>5390
I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's how demographics are generally measured in the US.
>>
>>5394
>Not being a Ladder-day Saint

Utah knows how to keep their state pure.

Through whack-a-mole bullying tactics and private shunning.
>>
>>5386
Yeah all the channels have backed off the claim that the third suspect was related, but then I saw this >>>/pol/57336211
saying the other male suspect was possibly Sayeed/Syeed's brother
>>
>>5388
And Obama was all hyped to start his gun control song and dance. Poor man cant catch a break!
Poor us he can't catch a bullet either.
>>
>>5395
By who? Nobody considers Middle Easterners South Asians.
>>
>>5393
Dude, it's not about being hardcore. How can you feel bad about things you have no control over and cannot change?

Unfortunate things happen to people every day all over the world. You're inviting an incredible amount of stress to yourself and there is no upside to it at all. If you have a small window to make the world a better place, be stressed and let it help you perform up to the task. If you can't change it, don't worry about it.
>>
>>5400
>>5393
Take it to another thread.
>>
>>5398
Didn't Obama recently sign a bill allowing some mil surp organization to greatly expand its gun sales to citizens?
>>
>>5403
Pakistanis aren't Middle Easterners you idiot. They're Indians whose country got cut in two by the Eternal Anglo and tried to set up a doomed-to-fail Islamic republic. They're South Asians. Brits use "Asian" to refer to all Asians as they should. They don't call fucking Arabs "South Asians" though.
>>
>>5406
Yeah the cmp is getting 100k 1911's I do believe.
>>
>>5400
>How can you feel bad about things you have no control over and cannot change?
same reason I feel an existential pause when I consider the extinction of man kind, for whatever various reasons
I'm human.. human suffering makes me feel bas, whether it's second hand accounting or not
>>5402
yes sir, Mister Hall Way Monitor, sir
why don't you e-mail Weboot and ask him to make you a Mod
>>
>>5408
Are those the Korean ones? They're probably beat to shit, though that will give them better prices. I'm still pissed about him stopping the import of several hundred thousand Garands and M1 Carbines back from Korea. It would drive the absolutely insane price people charge for them now that the CMP is running out back down by at least a few hundred.

>>5409
>and pakis are sandniggers, not asian
Jesus, have you never looked at a map in your life? The Indus River, which India is named after, runs through Pakistan. It was part of India for the entirety of human history until 1947. There was a massive population transfer of Hindus to India and Muslims to Pakistan after that. "Asian" literally means "someone from Asia." Pakistan is in Asia, and is more specifically in South Asia. Calling them Asians is etymologically correct. Islamic government and cultural hegemony may have turned the place to shit but that doesn't mean it is no longer the same place.
>>
>>5154
>this is soon going to become a daily reality all over the US

holy shit you guise
>>
>>5414
> omg I can't go outside bcuz it's winter :(
> thanks obama
>>
الغاز اليهود
سباق الحرب الآن
لم يفعل شيئا
فعل بوش تسعة عشر
>>
>>5416
I meant being on a lock down because of a shooter or terrorist threat, you walnut

I mean, I'm prepared for that shit cause I was in the service for a bit, but I can't imagine the average Joe having to deal w/ this
>>
>>5417

And a durka durka mohammed jihad to you too.
>>
>>5417
such lovely script

I want a t shirt w/ this writing that says something Chinglish like "ELEVATOR IN SERVICE" or "WHITE ONLY"

see how long it takes for me to bump into some one that knows what it says
>>
הגוי יודע לסגור אותו
>>
>>5422
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

>>5423
>the middle east is it's own distinct region
yes it is
>on the continent of Asia
agreed

it's not your fault, it's Society that's to blame
>>
>>4709

you're retarded
>>
>>5428

I think we may be having a argument over semantics, in which case I think we should have a new board

>/lan/
for Language, and full time teaching aids w/ accredited courses
who knows, Weboot could create a million billion internets valuable industry and retire to the Moon
>>
>>5428
What about SEA muslims and muslims from India?
>>
>>5420
probably run into more people giving you shit for wearing something w/ "Muslim writing" on it

>'merrica
>>
>>4699
Does this board have Mods yeat?

MODS

STICKY!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>5423
https://www.google.com/search?q=middle+east
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
Pakistan is part of the Indian subcontinent, also known as South Asia. It is in Asia. It is not geographically part of the Middle East. Just because it's a shithole, many parts of it are desert and it's mostly inhabited by Muslims does not make it part of the Middle East. By that definition Morocco and Mauretenia are part of the Middle East too despite being southwest of Europe.

>>5428
They were Pakistanis. "Asian" is etymologically correct. However, you're right that it's really fucking shitty not to make it clear that they are Pakistanis or Muslims. "Asian" can refer to any of over four billion people. The term is mostly used in Britain to refer to South Asians though, and calling them "Asian Rape Gangs" implies it had something to do with that. You don't see Indians, Nepalis, Sinhalese doing that shit. They should have been more specific and called them Pakistanis.
>>
>>5433
Mods are universal. Only janitors are board-specific.
>>
>>5434
I think more important is the stressing upon the nationality

Why?
What the interest in the persons origin of birth and current location that makes all this senseless violence somehow important?

Why is nationality important? Beyond polotics and regional economy, why does a persons ethnicity of religion factor into it?
Don't you ever take into account all the people that are being lumped into that individuals indiscretion by association?

If not, have you ever considered that that same knee jerk reaction may one day be turned toward you?
>>
>>5435
So which parts of Asia are real Asia and which are fake Asia?
>>
>>5438

Aplogeeze for poor English
>>
>>5439
fake Asia is Worst Korea

all that plastic surgery, obsessed w/ being Anglo
it's sickening and sad, like when you consider some dog breeds that couldn't exist without human intervention
>>
>>5406
The Civilian Marksmanship Program will have access to a few 1911 pistols. They will be sold to members who can legally own handguns. To be a member you must belong to a CMP club at a shooting range.
>>
>>5320
This isn't an imageboard, this is a textboard.

We used to have other textboards before, but I guess you're too new to remember.
>>
>>5442
>i drew muh world map for teacher w/ muh crayons

thank you for contributing
/news/ is always happy to share it's voice w/ everyone
>>
Newfg
>>
>>5438
>have you ever considered that that same knee jerk reaction may one day be turned toward you?

It seems like that's exactly what happened to the people who got gunned down.

But of course Muslims are the real victims.
>>
>>5450

Remain primarily saline
>>
>>5438
>>5441
Well it's in the interest of the people to identify the context of crimes. Ideally they'd be identified by religion, nationality, political ideology, occupation, etc, but most people are dumb and/or have short attention spans, so the focus is usually on identifying them as not part of the majority. What I take issue with is deliberately avoiding the part that the people tend to want to know, in this case the fact that they were non-native-British Muslims. People decide on their opinions of groups based on their actions more than their ideology these days, unfortunately.

>>5442
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had no idea the people of Central, West, and South Asia were in fact lying about being Asians.
>>
>>5455
precisely why these people should identified primarily as violent criminals, and only secondarily as a member of some extremist group

but it seems the trends is to rush toward identifying ethnic or regional distinction

I'm not suggesting we've evolved past the point of xenophobia, but the media should certain be more concerned w/ causing civil unrest rather than causing it
>which is arguably something that is happening now
and always will
whatever
human condition and all good shit I suppose
>>
>>5464
>preventing rather than causing

More apologize
>>
>>5451
Technically yes, but it depends greatly on your definition of the terms "Asian" and "sandnigger", and the implications of said words.
>>
>>5464
>>5446
>>5443
>w/
Stop doing that.
>>
>/news/

>not
>/lit/
>>/stenopool/

I think this board will find a strong following, as long as it doesn't descend into relentless shitposting from /pol/
>>
>>5472
does it bother you?

I'm sorry

I'll try to be more tolerant to your OCD =3
>>
>>5473
I think we'll be good as long as the mods don't abandon the board. Blatant racism is banned, and I don't think half the people on /pol/ even know how to have a discussion without using racial slurs.
>>
>>5464
You're right for the most part, but I believe in a democratic nation the people have the right to know if a large gang of criminals is made up of people who aren't from there. Theoretically the voters, the citizens, will have control over immigration and deportation regulations, so they ought to be informed on that sort of thing.

>>5473
Honestly, considering that guy who doesn't know what "Asia" means, I'm pretty scared about it becoming /new/ 3.0. I don't know if Hiro even know what happened with /new/.
>>
>>5480
well that's given, the xenophobic talk that is rife here, but it's only test on the screen, isn't it?
just a part of society you have to deal with (not using w/ on the /news/ board, you're weclome)
good to hear this board came with a few sensible caveats
>>
>>5473
>as long as it doesn't descend into relentless shitposting from /pol/

regular application of the Report option, applied early and often, is the first line of defense
>>
>>5484
You're doing it again. Why did you lie to me, anon-kun?
>>
>>5487
that was only an example of something I am pleadging not to do ever again

Friends? =3
If I find a proper slag, can we be Ekibros?
>>
Whatever
>>5500 get
>>
>>5486

DEFCON:: 0

Apply all Reporting to /pol/ related posting
>>
>>5362
There are a lot of people who share this view, but I guess if you clump them all down into one person (one kid) you'll be happier. And if that makes you happy, then you probably need it and don't let me stop you.
>>
>>5489
fag
>>
So there isn't a link to this on the main page, which means faggots and children will have a difficult time figuring out this place exists.
This also means our community will be slow growing.
Not sure how I feel about this.
>>
>>5396
>ladder-day saint
>ladder-day
>ladder

0/10 made me reply
>>
I dont care if its still on the second page this is the slowest board ever and I made a new thread since we're past bump limit.

please post in the new thread

new
>>5501
>>5501
>>5501
>>
>>5102
That's true, outlawing find in the USA won't make find currently in the market disappear.

But if ammunition is included in this exemption, then eventually the fund will be useless. Else worn down.
>>
>>5554
You know handloading is a fairly popular hobby right? It becomes even more popular in periods of ammunition shortage or when prices go up. Before the proliferation of metal cartridges most people made their own ammunition. The average metal cartridge is just a piece of lead, sometimes coated in a harder metal, some gunpowder and a primer easily manufactured from basic materials, and a simple copper case. It's like saying that if you ban bows then once all the arrows are used up the bows will become useless.
>>
>>5566
Except it doesn't just take time and a level of competence to make these bullets, but there's a chance that it can backfire.

It's either this or the same old 600+ shootings a year, anon. It's best to strangle the amount of guns out of the system rather than encouraging flow.
>>
>>5574
Why not just let the criminals who kill each other in cities keep doing so and leave be the law-abiding citizens who help keep the rest of the US safer than most of the world? Other people killing each other doesn't mean I have any less right to defend myself and my family with at least the same kind of weapons the criminals have.
>>
>>5578
Because you're a piece of shit on life and you'll never get that freedom of safety if you think selfishly like that.

You Americans are all so contradictory, you want to feel safe but refuse to remove what makes you so unsafe, then you spread the cancer to your neighboring countries-creating more casualties-while the biggest industry in America's pockets get fatter.
>>
>>5583
>you want to feel safe
No we don't. The whole idea of America is that our own lives are our own responsibilities. The people who want to disarm the populace are the same people who undermine American democracy and go invade other countries to line the pockets of their corporate lobbies put Americans in debt. Bad people will always be bad. They will always do the best they can do to hurt good people for their own personal gain. Part of the American Experiment posits the question of whether good people themselves, and not their overlords, can keep the bad people at bay. It asks if the peasants can defend their own land from raiders without needing to become serfs and work for their lords in exchange for security. It's worked so far to varying extents.

Weapons don't make people unsafe. Criminals do. If you truly value freedom you will preserve the people's right to defend themselves against criminals. I have little power over what my corrupt government does in other countries. They don't work for me. Luckily, in America I still work for me, and so I can still fulfill my duty to my family and protect them, educate them, provide for them, et cetera, without having to get help unless I need it.

With true liberty comes the danger of those who wish to exploit it. We believe it's worth the risk. It's not the only way to live, but our founding fathers believed it was the best, and made damn sure we wouldn't go fucking it up any time soon.

Out of curiosity, where are you from?
>>
>>5182
someone who hates losing arguments
>>
>>5260
Yes
>>
>>5270
the most common weapon designs in the world, clearly isis
>>
>>5636
I'm glad someone got the sarcasm. But if you were watching Fox News like I was at the time they had all but linked it to the Paris bombing. I think it is interesting how the media switches between saying it was 'Long Guns' to 'Assault Weapons' when convenient.
>>
>>5378
shut up. just fucking shut up
>>
>>5640
Help! Help! Im being oppressed.
>>
>>5642
He's probably just bothered by the other anon's complete ignorance of basic geography. I know I was.
>>
>>5638
the shit is all very well formulated I guess. they know which buzzwords are on the agenda.
>>
>>4938
What was dinosaur camp like?
>>
>>5314
>There is nothing wrong with pol
>>
>>5016
Why should I give up my rights because spics get shot in other countries? Fuck off. Learn how to control your borders, libshit
>>
damn
>>
>>5588
How the fuxk do you keep the bad guys away if you keep fucking facilitating them?

Your shitty penal system more often that not makes criminals mentaly worse after discharge.

You rather give mind boggling medicine to treat the most mundane mental diseases things like ADD and other psychosis rather than improving counseling. Creating junkies in the process.

You supply the most fuxking guns in the world and because of a culmination of this and my former points have the most cases of domestic terrorism in the world.

This American experiment was a failure a long fucking time ago. It got thousands killed at 9/11, millions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and millions in your own country since this millennium.

The same mentality you're showing is the same retarded brain dead one I see on Fox, filled with paranoia and pride.

Everyone other fucking nation is pressuring you to be tighter on gun laws because they're your global partners, they want to prevent another world fucking war, but America just keeps on making enemies in and around their borders, making the rest of the world shaky bystanders and make the rest of their region shitty af. I fucking hate your pos country for what it did to the Caribbean and LA because of its paranoia. We just want to see all this bullshit end.

The real reason America isn't tighter on gun laws and climate change is because there's a fuck ton of money in gun trade and oil and conventional electrical supply, corporations don't give a fuck about your safety and half the government (Republicans mainly) are either involved with investing in those industries or are sponsored by companies who are involved with gun trade and conventional energy supply.
>>
>>5588
Also, you can't rely on what people who wrote pieces of paper hundreds of years ago, anon. C'mon, when back to the future came out they thought this year hoverboards will be possible. They didn't know weapons would advance to the degree they are at now.

Also I'm from Saint Lucia.
>>
>>4705

>shooters were kebab

Haha libs BTFO
>>
>>5689
The industrial revolution was in fact under way in the Britain of the late 18th Century, and the well-educated drafters of the Constitution were well-aware of that. It was obvious that weapons technology was advancing. Look up the Puckle Gun, designed decades before revolutionary sentiment even began to appear in North America. That aside though, the US constitution is only a few pages long in its entirety and incredibly specific in terms of the rights of the people precisely because they knew conditions would change and the country would need to adapt. It provides a simple, easily-understood, and more importantly precise and stable framework for statutory law and economic policy to be developed. The rights guaranteed to the people were, and are, believed to be the inalienable basic human rights that would never change as long as we remained human. Self determination (freedom of religion, due process, peaceful gathering, the right to defend oneself, etc) is only one of them. You have to remember that we are not a contemporary liberal democracy as most still-extant stable governments established after 1848, but rather a product of the Enlightenment. Our government was not set up to work for the people or to provide them with anything, but to simply be the manifestation of the people's will.

As I said, it's a different way of doing things from most countries, but the risk is worth, since in return we get unprecedented personal liberty, compared to a lot of countries, and instead of us having to fear violence it is those who wish to do us harm that must be cautious.

I'll admit I don't know much about St. Lucia, but I quite like the beer.

>>5688
Please, infringing upon the rights of the citizenry is no way to fight corruption or a broken penal system. The Democrats do the exact same things as the Republicans and are just as bad, or perhaps even worse since they lie about holding themselves to a higher standard.

I don't see where our gun rights fits in though.
>>
>>5729

M8, let me first say that it's good to see an American with an actual rational argument to present, that's very rare on 4chan concerning this subject.

>as long as we remained human

Killing people in a planned parenthood clinic, killing senators and people in schools and disability centers because of differencing doesn't seem too human to me.

A lot of shit has happened since, I understand that the constitution represents the American dream, and it is very possible, buy the irony is that every American had a different sense of obtaining this dream

People like you want people to have guns for sport and protection, because if everyone has guns then everyone is safer. But the way people in America segregates themselves based on race, religion and economical ideologies, arming everyone will only cause civil war.

People will always hold grudges, because every man wants to feel they are most right. A man killed people senselessly in a planned parenthood clinic, another year someone shot a governor, another day someone shot people in a school because they picked on him.

Cmon anon, take off the rose colored glasses, people can not be safer if everyone was armed. Also, America wouldn't be less free if you completely stop gun production or at least stop selling guns commercially.

The latter seems reasonable enough, no? Most countries it's impossible for people to buy automatic riffles, in America it's just too damn easy, why the fuck would people need to buy an AR from a store?
>>
>>5766
>humanity
Eh, that's a different argument, but biologically we are as human as we've ever been, so Enlightenment philosophy dictates that our basic rights have not changed, whether or not governments wish to recognize them.

The scope of divisive issues is grossly overestimated. In fact, the US is probably the most effective state that has ever existed in terms of voluntary assimilationism. I'd know, being the son of immigrants myself. People generally do not segregate themselves to any meaningful degree. The media just likes to make a big deal out of relatively small problems and isolated events and act as if they're huge issues because there really aren't that many other social issues to deal with, and economic, political, etc issues don't get them high enough ratings.

Violence happens everywhere. The rate is generally not particularly higher in the US than in other western countries. However, our population is massive, and we have several very high-crime areas that the most people avoid like the plague which skew the statistics heavily. Crime in general is in fact declining rapidly. Again, the media drums it up for ratings. Outside so-called "bad neighborhoods" the US is as safe as any Western European nation.

We tried prohibition with alcohol and it backfired badly. Doing the same with something so valuable to the preservation of liberty as civilian-owned arms is more likely to cause a civil war than any identity politics.

Also, automatic weapons (and firearms in general) have been heavily regulated since 1934, and "conservative" President Reagan banned the sale of new ones to civilians in 1986. The only people who can get an automatic weapon are those rich enough to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a 30+ year old investment item. We may respect our right to bear arms more than other countries, but there are still a lot of regulations on it.

>need
In a free society people take the risk to do what they want. Difference in values, I guess.
>>
>>5775
Human behavior has changed drastically since even the 1900s. Its nothing physically biological, strictly mental due to a culmination of events that's have happened since the turn of the millennium. We also changed our judgement of people of various race and even sex orientation.

I have not mingled among Americans long enough in America so maybe you could day that the media is making this more sensational than out really is. But 600+ casualties in a year isn't something pulled out of a hat.

America does have over of the highest rates of genocide, though. Idk what you think America is one of the safest countries in the world when not even Jamaica comes close to your number of genocides, especially when you take into account guns

Also, the lad from 4 Chan didn't have 6 figures in his bank account, neither the bloke that shot the senator and the school kids. They were regular middle class people at best.

I also don't think civil wars can be effectively fought without guns

You're spouting a lot of history. But history should be used as a reference to stop insanity in terms of events, not help repeat it.
>>
>>6001
Did you mean homicides? Also youre a fucking moron. Of course a tiny ass country like Jamaica isnt going to have the same numbers of a relatively mssive country with almost 400 million people. You don't compare raw numbers dumbass, you compare rates that account for the population difference, literally high school statistics.
>>
>>6001
The guy that shot at the senator shouldnt be grouped in with killing spree betas. He was some kind of communist hippie, though the media tried to portray him as a skinhead, who wasnt going for random people for no reason, but was targeting shithead Arizona senator for obvious reasons
>>
>>5480
How can racism be banned? It's a shooting by islamist niggers, are the mods going to pretend no shooting happened so it's not racist?
>>
>>6016
No I mean genocide. As in the mass murder f people based on race or religion.

Also I did say America had the highest rates of genocides in the world. Which is true. Jamaica and Honduras actually have higher rates of homicides than America.

The numbers I was comparing was based on density, also I never explicitly shared those numbers, no need to get emotional m8, all this is true.

LA and Caribbean genocides are very common because most people use hand guns for murders.

>>6018
And why should someone be segregated from a statistic he belongs to just because of his ideologies? The man that killed the people in the planned parenthood clinic is a conservative fascist, should he be exempt too or are Americans still this paranoid of communists as the devils of the world.

Didn't know it was still the 1950s.
>>
>>6126
>genocide
Read a dictionary. An idiot shooting up a black church isn't the same as the fucking siege of Van. Better yet, take a middle school English class and learn how words are made. Genocide derives from Latin "gens" and "cide." Gens refers to one's entire tribe or people, and -cide is derived from the Latin word for killing. Therefore genocide is the extermination of an entire people. An isolated hate crime is not genocide. This is basic shit. It's like math, but easier.
And if you admit that your equatorial shitholes have higher homicide rates than the United States I see no reason to imply that America is any more violent than such places. If you don't have the basic level of intelligence to understand the difference between a conservative and a fascist, or even to realize that people need to know what is going on around them for their own safety and for the preservation of a republican form of government, you are obviously not intelligent enough to make anything of the statistical data, even numbers you pull from your ass. From the way you speak it seems you simply have a grudge against Americans for some reason.
Thread posts: 624
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.