[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Austerity U-turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 0

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/25/george-osborne-u-turn-scrap-tax-credit-cuts-autumn-statement

Is the "U-turn" on austerity a win for the Conservatives or a triumph for Corbyn?
More importantly, will the British public benefit in both the short and long term from these reviews?

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
News articles must be recent! Nothing older than 48 hours please.
>>
>>183
No one wins. Conservatives basically fiddled with the numbers to magic up an extra £20bn from the back of the sofa and labour would rather we keep ourselves full of debt that we will never pay off.
While the public gets scraps off the table while things like the NHS basically buckles under their own weight because they can't manage finances right.
>>
>>183
>no images
Why?
>>
>>222
based trips
>>
>>222
Good trips, mod
>>
>>222
close enough kek
>>
>>226
Fuck off.
>>
>>244
no you
>>
>>222
If we had upboat system we could just hide shitposts while we wait for reports to be filled. Think about it.
>>
>>226
Because hiro doesn't trust you guys to not post racist shit
>>
>>222
>bateman.jpg
Noice.
>>
>>279
B-but I'm not from pol
>>
>>226
How's your ADHD treating you
>>
>>262
upboat for upboat system
>>
within the first 1000 posts, nice.
>>
>what has hiroyuki done
>>
>>262
It's called sage.
>>
>Counting The Guardian as an impartial news source
Oh, the number of images I could post here!

But remember, the idea behind austerity was never "lel let's fuck over poor people" (at least, not officially). The Conservatives implemented these stringent cuts, allegedly, because they had to. Any shift away from cuts and austerity, after the austerity that has already occurred, merely makes things look like the cuts have worked and the economy has recovered. There is of course plenty of evidence to suggest that this is not the case, and George Osborne keeps promising further cuts, but if I was the Conservative Party, I'd love to have a couple of these in my arsenal that I could point to to prove I wasn't just constantly trying to stamp out anything in society that shouldn't or can't be handled by the free market.

>>317
Hey, I know you from /sp/. Walked towards any cameras lately?
>>
>>226
There's no room for your memeposting. This non-image board is for serious news discussion, ONLY. Feel free to go to /v/ for your "board culture" and shitposts.
>>
>images in OP allowed
>>
>>222
>Nothing older than 48 hours please

Sorry but that's way too narrow of a time frame, 7 days is much better. Maybe 14 days if it's something that slipped through the cracks but nothing past say 30 days.
>>
>>262
Hell no.
>>
>>1687
"Reputable" and "impartial" are not the same thing.
There is no such thing as an impartial news source.
>>
>>2191
>"Reputable" and "impartial" are not the same thing.

Guardian isn't either.
>>
>>2297
Have they been known to publish false information?
>>
Gonna bump this thread so posters know that there are rules on this board...
>>
>>4644
Threads don't bump after 2 days
If you wanna play mini-janitor so much, at least learn how the board works
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.