[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Get free Bitcoins| Home]

Vegan Activist Rescues Pig From Slaughter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

'Babe' the pig is currently being looked after while seeking a new home

'Babe' was saved from slaughter by a vegan advocate (Photo: Rekash Sinanin Facebook)

A vegan activist has rescued a pig who jumped off a truck that headed to slaughter.

Photographer and vegan advocate Rekash Sinanin saved the pig from her soon-to-be death when he saw 'Babe' - as he named the pig - running on the freeway in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.

Sinanin shared the details of the rescue in a live Facebook video, and he asked his viewers to help him find a suitable home for the pig.

Rescue

Sinanin said in the video that he managed to save Babe because he 'was at the right place, and at the right time'.

"I managed to catch her before she was knocked and put her into my backseat," added Sinanin.

The activist asked his viewers to help him find a loving home for 'Babe': "We need to find her a safe home; we need to find her a place where she can be protected."

The pig was taken to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals [SPCA], where she will be taken care of until a suitable home can be found.

A spokesperson for SPCA said that the pig was badly bruised and very stressed when she was brought in, but added that "One of our vet’s are treating her and we hope she recovers."

Rekash Sinanin received praise on social media, with many applauding him and saying 'We need more humans like you'.

https://youtu.be/HQp8w93Qqa8

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/vegan-activist-rescues-pig-from-slaughter-2
>>
Vegan saves pig part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1wP0Yl2epQ
>>
I hope the farmer who owns the pig gets the vegan arrested for stealing.
>>
>>176526
Me too. I hope every pig gets killed tomorrow!

jk
>>
>>176526
>rescued a pig who jumped off a truck headed to slaughter
Sounds like he just picked it up off the highway. Nothing illegal.
>>
>>176535
the pig saved itself and took advantage of a stupid human that gave it a free ride and food

smart pig
>>
>>176535
if the pig is not returned its effectively theft
if i "picked up" your dog it would also be theft
>>
Pigs are very destructive, they destroy a lot of land all over America and are an invasive species.
>>
>>176539
I think you mean humans.
It's not like pigs built a boat and crossed the Atlantis.
>>
>>176542
Feral Swine-Managing an Invasive Species

What are Feral Swine

Feral swine are the same species, Sus scrofa, as pigs that are found on farms. Feral swine are descendants of escaped or released pigs. Feral swine are called by many names including; wild boar, wild hog, razorback, piney woods rooter, and Russian or Eurasian boar. No matter the name they are a dangerous, destructive, invasive species.
History of feral swine in the Americas

Feral swine were first brought to the United States in the 1500s by early explorers and settlers as a source of food. Repeated introductions occurred thereafter. The geographic range of this destructive species is rapidly expanding and its populations are increasing across the nation.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/wildlifedamage/operational-activities/feral-swine
>>
Feral swine damage crops by consuming them or by their rooting, trampling, and wallowing behaviors. Field crops commonly targeted by feral swine include sugar cane, corn, grain sorghum, soy beans, wheat, oats, peanuts, and rice; however, they will eat almost any crop.

Feral swine damage pasture grasses, killing desired plant species and often encouraging the growth of undesired weed species. Feral swine will turn over sod and pasture, by rooting, to expose the tender roots of plants, grubs, and invertebrates which ultimately destroys the pasture. The ruts and rises this behavior creates can make it challenging, even impossible, for a farmer to drive a tractor over the field to harvest hay.

Feral swine can transmit pathogens to livestock, which may result in financial losses to livestock producers due to lower productivity, veterinary costs, or even mortality. They are also capable of killing young calves and lambs, and vulnerable adult animals during the birthing process. Feral swine may also eat or contaminate livestock feed, mineral supplements, and/or water sources.

Feral swine can devastate orchards and vineyards by consuming fruit, berries, citrus, grapes, and nuts. Feral swine can destroy saplings and vines by roughly rubbing on the plants with their bodies (which they do to remove parasites from their skin) and can also damage large trees by scraping bark off with their tusks to mark territory, creating an entry point for diseases on the tree. Their rooting can severely damage, or even kill, saplings, shrubs and vines directly or by facilitating the spread of soil-based fungal diseases. Feral swine can also break irrigation lines, rip or tear nets, trellises, drying racks, and other specialized structures and equipment associated with orchards and vineyards.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/wildlifedamage/operational-activities/feral-swine/feral-swine-damage/feral-swine-damage-to-agriculture
>>
Feral swine cause great risks to human health and safety, by harboring and transmitting diseases to people and pets and by causing collisions with vehicles and aircraft.
Feral swine are known to carry at least 30 viral and bacterial diseases and nearly 40 parasites that can be transmitted to humans, pets, livestock, and other wildlife.

The most common way pathogens and parasites are transmitted from feral swine to humans is through handling and butchering feral swine or eating meat that has not been cooked thoroughly. Gloves should always be worn when handling feral swine carcasses, and meat should always be cooked to a safe internal temperature of 160oF in order to kill the parasites and pathogens that the animal may be carrying. Harmful organisms and pathogens, carried by feral swine, which can infect humans include diseases such as leptospirosis, toxoplasmosis, brucellosis, tularemia, trichinellosis, swine influenza, salmonella, hepatitis and pathogenic E. coli.

Livestock, pets, and other domestic animals can also be susceptible to many pathogens carried by feral swine. These pathogens can be spread in many ways, such as through direct contact with feral swine or their scat, by using feeding and watering containers that have been contaminated by feral swine, or by eating raw, infected feral swine meat, organs, or other tissues. Watch for signs of illness (fever, lethargy, swelling in joints, respiratory, and reproductive problems) in your pets and contact your veterinarian immediately if signs of illness are observed. Caution should be taken around pets and livestock that are suspected to be ill from recent contact with feral swine since some diseases can be transmitted to other animals and possibly humans.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/wildlifedamage/operational-activities/feral-swine/feral-swine-damage/feral-swine-risks-pets-people
>>
Feral swine compete with native wildlife for multiple resources, specifically food, habitat, and water. Feral swine diets overlap with those of native wildlife, such as bear, deer, and turkey, which results in competition for important and limited natural food supplies. Feral swine activity will often deter other species from living in an area, resulting in competition over prime habitat. Feral swine wallow in mud to maintain proper body temperature which can be particularly problematic during dry seasons when they monopolize and contaminate limited water sources.
Feral swine also prey directly on the nests, eggs, and young of native ground nesting birds and reptiles, including threatened or endangered species. Game birds such as wild turkeys, grouse, and quail can also be impacted. Feral swine have even been documented killing and eating deer fawns, and actively hunting small mammals, frogs, lizards, and snakes.

Feral swine rooting and wallowing activity increases erosion, especially along waterways and in wetlands. Rooting and trampling can limit water infiltration and nutrient cycling. Large groups of feral swine can deposit significant amounts of fecal material in concentrated areas, contaminating water sources, resulting in increased disease risks for humans, wildlife, and livestock.

Feral swine can alter the understory growth of forests through rooting and foraging, ultimately shifting the tree species diversity and density in a forest by interfering with seed dispersal since they are huge consumers of mast crops (i.e., acorns, hickory nuts, beech nuts, and tupelo). Consumption of mast, not only depletes food sources for native wildlife such as deer and turkey, but this behavior can also alter the forest composition by decreasing the number of large seed-producing trees.
>>
Damage to Property
Feral swine damage many different types of human property, from lawns and gardens, to trees and fences, to motorcycles, cars, and aircraft
Feral swine can destroy lawns, gardens, ornamental plantings, and trees through rooting. They can also damage landscaping, fences, and other structures reducing the aesthetic value of the property. Although most often associated with rural areas, feral swine are increasingly causing damage to residential property, golf courses, cemeteries, beaches, and parks. Furthermore, feral swine can cause considerable damage when involved in vehicle collisions such as with cars, motorcycles, and aircraft.

Damage to cultural and historic resources
Feral swine rooting, wallowing and feeding behaviors can damage the appearance and integrity of cultural and historical resources
Feral swine can cause extensive damage to areas of cultural and historic value including national parks, historic sites, tribal sacred sites, burial grounds, cemeteries, and archaeological sites or digs. This damage can affect the significance and integrity of historic properties through physical disturbance to structures, vegetation, and soils. Feral swine have the potential to destroy artifacts and history which can never be recovered or replaced.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/wildlifedamage/operational-activities/feral-swine/feral-swine-damage/feral-swine-damage-cultural-historic-resources

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/wildlifedamage/operational-activities/feral-swine/feral-swine-damage/feral-swine-destroy-property
>>
>>176538
But if I was about to kill my dog, you'd be savng it's life.
>>
>>176538
Only if the farmer claims it. If you stole my dog and I didn't care to claim it or take action to get it back, it is now effectively your dog. You are also drawing a false equivalence between the actions of providing shelter for a lost animal and purposefully taking the animal from someone.
>>
>>176543
>>176544
>>176546
>>176547
>>176548
Pigs are pests lost all respect for them they must be killed on sight.
>>
>>176553
She is purposefully stealing it to prevent it from being slaughtered and sold.

>>176549
Still stealing. It is property. Even if you make no action to take it back, it is your property.
>>
>>176558
Killing is worse than stealing though.
>>
>>176555
>>176543
Pigs are highly intelligent. They're as smart as a human child. In this video pigs and humans are given tests,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mza1EQ6aLdg

Even 6 week old pig understands how mirrors work! Most animals never do that.
>>
>>176562
Killing farm animals humanely is legal in America and the rest of the world as long as you own them. Stealing another property is not legal.
>>
>>176558
Did you just assume that guys gender?

Watch the video. Rekash Sinanin is a man, and a hero.
>>
>>176558
>she is purposefully stealing it to prevent it from being slaughtered and sold
Can you please quote the parts of the article which support this? Not only did you get the gender of the person who rescued the pig wrong, you also seem to believe that it was stolen from the truck. Did you even read the article? The pig was wandering on the highway after falling off the truck and was not going to be slaughtered whether or not the person intervened to save it.
>>
>>176564
>humanely
humane

adjective
characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for people and animals, especially for the suffering or distressed
acting in a manner that causes the least harm to people or animals

"Acting in a manner that causes the least harm" does not allow for unnecessary killing by definition. Perhaps you meant a different word.
>>
>>176563
Pigs are highly destructive pests that must never be allowed to roam wild in America.
>>
>>176571
Killed the quickest with the least pain possible then.
>>
>>176537
>smart pig
some pig
>>
>>176572
Do you think the meat industry is going to end if you feel compassion for this pig?
>>
>>176575
That's not humane. I don't know what word you meant though.
>>
>>176577
Why should the meat industry end? I have no problem with it.
>>
>>176578
Well that is what I meant.
>>
>>176580
We don't need to get into that issue right now.

This pig avoided a knife! I just wanted to share this feel good story.

Can you imagine how gleeful that pig is to be petted? And Rekash Sinanin must be elated as well. I'd love to rescue an animal like that.
>>
....that pig's bacon, one way or another.

Vegans and animal rights activists failed to realize that domestic animals are breed for the needs of man; cows for milk, chickens for eggs, sheeps for wool, and so on. They're ill equipted for the harsh life of the wild and they'll become an invasive species if they survived.

The only merits that those activists have is the abolishment of zoos in favor of wildlife sanctions and national parks; both of which were under attack from resource extractors such as the fossil fuel and logging industries.
>>
>>176583
As long as you keep it out of the wild I don't care what you do with it, they are too destructive to be let loose.
>>
>>176588
what are you some kind of tree hugger?

we must protect nature from pigs! XD just kidding.
>>
>>176589
We actually do, feral swine cause huge amounts of damage.

http://wildpiginfo.msstate.edu/damage-caused-by-pigs.html
>>
>>176614
Which is what >>176587 is talking about when it comes to domesticated animals. You can advocate for better treatment and lower breeding rates of those animals (especially when it comes to the overproduction of animals for the sake of profit), but the last thung you want is coywolfdogs invade you farms and kill your sheeps because some idiot liberated the puppy mill.
>>
>>176617
I think we can do a little better than this as a species. But ok.
>>
>>176571
Killing them in the least harmful way you pedant. A quick blow or shot. The pig is property and literally would not be alive if not for it being valuable as meat.
>>
>>176620
It's not my job to find the word you're looking for homie, I'm just saying unnecessary killing isn't "humane" by the definition.
>>
>>176623
It's necessary. It was born to be killed. Its death is as necessary as anything else's natural death. A wild boar dies of predation, a farm bred pig is killed in the slaughterhouse when it reaches a certain age.
>>
>>176659
>It's necessary
?
>It was born to be killed
>_<
>Its death is as necessary as anything else's natural death.
?
>A wild boar dies of predation
:/
>a farm bred pig is killed in the slaughterhouse when it reaches a certain age
U_U

>>176523
>'Babe' the pig is currently being looked after while seeking a new home

:D
>>
>>176667
fuck off.
>>
>>176563
The pig is smelling the food through the gate.
I'm not saying they aren't smart but this test is fucking dumb.
>>
>>176667
Aw fuck. It's a fucking weebfaggot. Go back to your tofu this is about real meat.
>>
I'm so happy anout this pig!!!!!!! He's gonna live forever.
>>
>>176743
You're just young af and think you're cool cuz you don't use smileys. When you grow up you'll get over it :3 that one is a cat. I bet you think its uncool that i uzed a z there too haha. So kewl.
>>
>>176700
>>176743
the internet was full of qt weebs before the housing bubble and phoneposting ^-^
>>
>>176803
the reddit refugees have apparently dubbed themselves the arbiters of 4chan and it's awkward.
>>
>>176523
>literal green party crap
>news

Just go pls
>>
>>176873
>whatever I don't like isn't news
>>
>>176576
>>smart pig
>some pig

terrific
>>
>>176523
He looks delicious
>>
>>176558
>>176564
>>176526
Since when did 4channers become such rule following lackeys?
>>
>>177023
>implying 4chan is all one person
>implying this is /b/
gtfo newfag
>>
>>177023
Since a good portion of reddit decided they fit in on 4chan better.

They're wrong.

>>177046
You see how everything they post is a meme

It like they memorized all the memes and now they pretend to be oldfags

soooooo awkward!!! stop it!
>>
>>177095
? I have been here for 12 years.
>>
>>177099
You actually counted? Sounds like something a reddit refugee would make up.
>>
>>177105
I did I found /b/ first in 2005 then hung out in /ck/ and old /n/ in 2006 until it was taken down by moot did not go to /new/ though too much stormfaggotry. then went to plus4chan for a while then operatorchan after that then came back here when /news/ opened up. during that time I would go to /k/ /a/ /ck/ and /v/
>>
>>177143
Nice to meet you. I'm from /x/ and then /pol/. After the election I gave up on /pol/ for an edgier /pol/ only to become disillusioned with that mentality. /news/ is nice so far.
>>
>>177148
/news/ is nice though I wish they upped the character limit from 2000 to 4000-6000 each post would be nicer for longer articles.
>>
>>176879
Its so globally irrelevant it can be only classified as bar talk, like "ehi did you ear about that fag that stole a pig?"
>>
>>177148
>>177143
>>177149

if you guys were really oldfags you'd suck each other off and then punch each other in the cock then buy winrar
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.