[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elon Musk: Artificial intelligence may spark World War III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 51566873.png (55KB, 803x458px) Image search: [Google]
51566873.png
55KB, 803x458px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBCb65AistQ

While many nervous eyes around the world are watching rogue nation North Korea and its latest nuclear test, billionaire worry-wart Elon Musk warns that an international artificial intelligence race is more likely to cause World War III than a 20th century-style arms race.
"China, Russia, soon all countries w strong computer science. Competition for AI superiority at national level most likely cause of WW3 imo," the Tesla Motors and SpaceX CEO tweeted early Monday.
"Artificial intelligence is the future, not only for Russia, but for all humankind. It comes with colossal opportunities, but also threats that are difficult to predict. Whoever becomes the leader in this sphere will become the ruler of the world," Putin told Russian students via satellite, RT reported.
Putin didn't leave it on such a super-villain-sounding note though, adding: "If we become leaders in this area, we will share this know-how with entire world, the same way we share our nuclear technologies today."
Musk elaborated his concerns further on Twitter, which are less about what governments possess strong AI first and more about decisions that an AI could make on behalf of a government or military to spark world war.
May be initiated not by the country leaders, but one of the AI's, if it decides that a prepemptive strike is most probable path to victory," he wrote.
Musk has been warning of the dangers of unfettered AI for years. Last month, he joined over 100 AI experts in calling on the United Nations to ban robotic weapons.
Musk believes so much in the threat of AI that he has a side project, Neuralink, which aims to create a computer-brain interface in order to help keep humans more competitive in the face of emerging AI.
In August, Musk also specifically tweeted that artificial intelligence poses "vastly more risk than North Korea."

https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musk-artificial-intelligence-world-war-iii-russia-china/
>>
Aliens arriving from outer space may spark WWIII. Aliens are also more of a threat than NK
>>
>>174877
Nobody is actively working towards making aliens invade you stupid cuck. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>174871
Why does anyone pay attention to this pseudo intellectual welfare queen?
>>
Musk is a con artist and a government funded leech. It's pathetic that all these wannabe entrepreneur beta faggots follow him around like he is Jesus and take every goddamn thing he says like it's a cosmic prophecy. All Musk as to do is pull some bullshit out of his ass and these cuckold, tech urbanites jump on it like a bitch in heat.
>>
>>174897
I am
>>
>>174877

Illogical. Aliens are an unknown, so are irrational to consider as a probable event. NK is building bombs.
>>
>>174949

Musk is certainly a douche, but it's true that the military development of AI+robotics will change the landscape in terms of warfare. Cyberwarfare is the first step in this, and that is already well underway - and it is already beginning to bleed into meatspace. From Stuxnet to disinformation campaigns that can inspire terrorism or even - with the help of AI - influence elections. As cyber technology develops, and lethal military equipment will be further digitalized and automated, any instability in geopolitics could very quickly result in open warfare between world powers (no human lives are risked, so why not strike at that facility we don't like?). It won't be next week, or even 5 years from now, but 20-30 years down the line things could spiral out of control very fast.
>>
So basically the plot of Steins;Gate 0
Only the AI will be a purely automated system instead of my dead waifu.
Just nuke us and get it over with fam
>>
>>174897
And nobody is currently making anything resembling the type of AI that Musk is quivering in his boots about either.
Modern AI's are just fancy programs that instead of being told exactly what to do they are given a goal and tools and will randomly arrange those parts until the goal is reached.
>>
Since when is youtube a source?
>>
He's just FUDing AI to ward off competition. How do you think Tesla autopilot works?
>>
>>174871
The warrior robits will have to withstand electro magnetic puslses from h-bombs and the like. Idk how modern hardware will work or if they're going to faraday cage them. But that'll be a step in their robot evolutaion fo sure
>>
>>175042
>>175042
What a shitty game
>>
>>174897
>blue beam
>>
>Elon Musk just now reading "I have no mouth and I must scream".
>>
tfw everyone has known this since like the 70s
>>
>>174871
why the hell is elon musk scare-mongering like this?
>>
>>175804
Because he forgets the general public doesn't realize AI development is inevitable.
>>
I'm more interested in this neurallink he mentioned
>>
>Elon Musk says...
Who cares?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.